PDA

View Full Version : PPU more than only 1 saveslot?

Lister-Storm
05-02-04, 12:46
Mhhhh Why have the PPU only one save slot? Ok Tanks ok they have or need only one weapon but a ppu has so many important spells/ rarspells and i find that the ppu need more than only one saveslot and more quickbelt slots!

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-04, 12:52
you're options in the vote are utterly pointless, so im not going to bother voting...ill just say NO in this reply instead

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 12:52
it cant be 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for the other if u dont want to lose ur shit

1. dont die (get a good setup)
2.dont take ur spells into plces where ur goin to get attack
3.plz stop bitching about it cos it aint goin to change

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-04, 12:56
hmmmm
its a nice theory u have - a bollocks one but nice for you i guess

if you die, you have a shit setup

so for example...u get jumped by a group of 5 ppl (ppu, 2 apus and 2 tanks with gats) the apu's de-buff you and the tanks have gats etc, monks casting poison and fire and everything. Then more people join the fight - you are BOUND to die

yet, u have a shit setup because u died, not because it was 10 to 1

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 12:57
No I don't like the idea..

Tank's need more than one weapon, esp if they are going into PvP, which can happen anywhere..

Spy's need more than one weapon to be any use in PvP..

PE's, they also need more than one weapon for some situations.. though mostly one can do, but two of three is better...

APUs.. they need more than one spell to be affective in PvP, esp vs other monk's the PPU flavor..

So no to your ideas.. Though I do want Pony's in neocron...

Benjie
05-02-04, 12:59
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
you're options in the vote are utterly pointless, so im not going to bother voting...ill just say NO in this reply instead
Just vote no.

The thread is dumb anyway. This should never get implamented.

When I kill a PPU, I want one of his spells.

Not one of his Psi Boosters.

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-04, 13:00
the only no is 'no i only fight in op-fights' which is lame because its just another dick on the forum trying to get his own way :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 13:01
hmmmm
its a nice theory u have - a bollocks one but nice for you i guess

if you die, you have a shit setup

so for example...u get jumped by a group of 5 ppl (ppu, 2 apus and 2 tanks with gats) the apu's de-buff you and the tanks have gats etc, monks casting poison and fire and everything. Then more people join the fight - you are BOUND to die

yet, u have a shit setup because u died, not because it was 10 to 1 You still shouldn't die unless you're a bad PPU.

Regardless of setup.
However I would like to say it's nice how my PPU is the only character I have that carries around more valuable stuff than my PE o_O

seriously, the CHEAP spells are the 20-30k Booster 3's....
Everything else can cost upwards of 100-200k for decent items, rares even more so o_o

edit;
Tanks - CS (slot one), TSG (slot two), basic psi spells.

What's the most valuable thing they're gonna drop? - Armor.
Wow :rolleyes:

APUs - PSI Armor or maybe a beam spell or somethin ¬.¬

PEs - Stealth/Secondary weapon/armor/psi.

Spy - Stealth/Secondary weapon/armor/psi.

or I suppose they could just make PPU spells not cost 30652945629843629437cr to build to a decent slottage.

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-04, 13:02
i would love to see the best ppu you know vs the best apu's tanks i know and see what happens lol

Clownst0pper
05-02-04, 13:02
A good PPU doesnt die, its a simple as that :o

Benjie
05-02-04, 13:04
the only no is 'no i only fight in op-fights' which is lame because its just another dick on the forum trying to get his own way :rolleyes:
I know how you feel.

But just roll your eyes like this... :rolleyes:

And try to vote the closest thing to how you feel.

If you vote no, I won't presume anything about you! I will asume that the thread starter is too immature to make a compitent poll. I presume thats how most people feel.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 13:06
no offence digestive but i have suvived more than that (not boasting but its true)

QuantumDelta
i would love to see the best ppu you know vs the best apu's tanks i know and see what happens lol I've done it.
I hate to see the best nub PPU you obviously know since you don't particularly know the class.
PLEASE don't tell me you have one.

My PPU has survived a *SHITE* load of stuff people have turned around saying "wtf" for.
(5 HABs in a row from five different APUs while being damage boosted and shot at by a PE and a Tank and HLed by the APUs that aren't casting HAB in sequence?)
Sound good enough? :p
Oh yea, while parashocked too.

Gestra
People talk bullshit about PPU's all the time.

Any ppu is killable by 2 people. Difficult but doable.

Make it 3 people and you have a piece of cake.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 13:09
Originally posted by Gestra
People talk bullshit about PPU's all the time.

Any ppu is killable by 2 people. Difficult but doable.

Make it 3 people and you have a piece of cake. Bad PPU Regardless of the others skill.
Unless he's not allowed to move anyway... :p

I developed a few of those "could kill a PPU with 2/3 People" tactics - but they all involve exploiting a lack of foresight on KKs behalf and all of them involve perfect timing, ya know what? people have tried it on me.

It took 11 people over 15 minutes to do that to me, without me runnin away, and while I was trying to rezz team mates.
Because I know exactly what you're thinking...

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 13:11
it only take one solid new buff to shatter your defences..

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 13:12
quantum i know the feeling all too well but it is a gr8 feeling when u come out alive at the end of it eh?

and i have NEVER been killed by less then ummmmm alot of ppl apart from TS guards (do they count?)

Gestra
05-02-04, 13:15
No offence QD, but you talk bullshit and bollocks a majority of the time.

Saturn has many good PPU's. Anyone of them is killable with 3 people.

Two people will also eventually pull it off with the noob sheltering and such.

So rather than a bad PPU, Perhaps just alot of shite players inept at killing PPU's?

Oh and for ego sake, I have run around surviving against massive numbers trying to kill me at op fights, tbh a large crowd can make it easier to live since the enemy keeps hitting each other rather than yourself. I have also died to 2 people.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 13:15
HAB + Shelter in a well timed situation, yea, Q ~ that's what I was talking about, but like I said it took a team of 11 people 15 minutes to do something like that to me.

Originally posted by Peter Andre
quantum i know the feeling all too well but it is a gr8 feeling when u come out alive at the end of it eh?

and i have NEVER been killed by less then ummmmm alot of ppl apart from TS guards (do they count?)
~ call meh QD...

And no, I wasn't really focused on my own survival at the time, sure I fell back behind my team a little but as soon as I had the smallest amount of cover I was healing my team.
A lot of the time in op wars I will let my buffs fall off while I'm just worried about the clan, why? because I always have my eye on people around me, the moment someone comes to focus on me, I heal and S/D ~ in that order.
Primarily, though my focus is on the others in op wars... I'm a defencive PPU not offence with DB/Para...

Gestra ~ Maybe it would help to add that my PPU died once, outside a crash after he PSI Capped.
Fighting in 2vs2 conditions, fighting in 3 vs 1 conditions, fighting in 25 vs 1 conditions (not an exageration, and they were all primarily monks).
Admittedly, I get pissed off when I can't get back to rezz my team, and I will typically try to unless massively out numbered.

Best example of that was;
My PE buddy and myself vs 1 PPU 4 PEs and 1 APU, and these are members of a clan of varying skill levels, but most of the people *there* were very good fighters.
We took out one PE, then my PE died, I tanked the damage (and the HAB) while rezzing my PE, my PE got up, I HHd him HHd myself, sheltered both (myself first but that's because it was hard to shelter him through the throng eventually I had to skip to third person and stand ontop of a table to hit him...lol), para'd everyone, DBed everyone, healed him again.

It took some doing but everyone including the PPU died.
Couldn't have done it without some professional PE play but seriously, they had an APU and 4 PEs, you'd think they'd have been able to spam me with the shelters, but they couldn't, I time my shelter (Casting before HAB finishes) so that my shelter cast finishes just a split second after their HAB finishes (this does take my mind off my team but hey it means I don't have to put up with someone using nub buff on me).

You say I talk bullshit, heh, I don't care who you are I just don't think you're particularly good.
I know wtf I'm doin, when I started out I compared notes with Polarity and learnt some from him, but generally we weren't far apart in terms of knowledge and skill, only experience, so I got to work.
I know my PPU is compitent.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 13:21
yea i was running around soliko yesterday i must have rebuffed my team m8s 2-3 times b4 i buffed myself i just thought omg what if a load of those HL's landed on me 8| but they didnt so meh :D

if u know what u r doing and ur not standing still u will survive agenst 10+ ppl BUT most of the ppu's dont know what they are doing i could name about 10-15 ppu's on pluto that were any good and the rest well no coment

tuxy
05-02-04, 13:38
what kind of nibish ppu dies?
that is all

Gestra
05-02-04, 15:25
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
HAB + Shelter in a well timed situation, yea, Q ~ that's what I was talking about, but like I said it took a team of 11 people 15 minutes to do something like that to me.

Gestra ~ Maybe it would help to add that my PPU died once, outside a crash after he PSI Capped.
Fighting in 2vs2 conditions, fighting in 3 vs 1 conditions, fighting in 25 vs 1 conditions (not an exageration, and they were all primarily monks).
Admittedly, I get pissed off when I can't get back to rezz my team, and I will typically try to unless massively out numbered.

Best example of that was;
My PE buddy and myself vs 1 PPU 4 PEs and 1 APU, and these are members of a clan of varying skill levels, but most of the people *there* were very good fighters.
We took out one PE, then my PE died, I tanked the damage (and the HAB) while rezzing my PE, my PE got up, I HHd him HHd myself, sheltered both (myself first but that's because it was hard to shelter him through the throng eventually I had to skip to third person and stand ontop of a table to hit him...lol), para'd everyone, DBed everyone, healed him again.

It took some doing but everyone including the PPU died.
Couldn't have done it without some professional PE play but seriously, they had an APU and 4 PEs, you'd think they'd have been able to spam me with the shelters, but they couldn't, I time my shelter (Casting before HAB finishes) so that my shelter cast finishes just a split second after their HAB finishes (this does take my mind off my team but hey it means I don't have to put up with someone using nub buff on me).

You say I talk bullshit, heh, I don't care who you are I just don't think you're particularly good.
I know wtf I'm doin, when I started out I compared notes with Polarity and learnt some from him, but generally we weren't far apart in terms of knowledge and skill, only experience, so I got to work.
I know my PPU is compitent.

So the point stands that you have people crap at killing PPU's on uranus and generally crap people overall? People who lose 5 to 2 are not good players simple as that. A ppu and an apu who lose to a ppu and a pe are not good players players simple as that.

An APU and PPU on TS togethor will have better timing and coordinaton at getting crap buffs on you than you will at recasting yours.

BTW please work on your arguement, Mentioning polarity known to be a good ppu is a weakass use of Appeal to Authority (also a pathetic way to induce yourself to a higher standard mention your name and the name of a person that is good at the same time in that hope that assume them of similar standing). You have never seen me in a fight so you have nothing to quailify that statment of me not being good on, hence it is rather a pretty lame attack of character. Where as from what you say on the forum it is blatantly obvious some of the stuff you say is completely inane false self confirming egotistical shite.

Selendor
05-02-04, 16:06
Welcome to egocron where the flames burn! Anyway back on topic, you remember the topic don't you?

I have a psi-capped ppu monk who I'm not particularly good at (eat that, ego boys :D). I get taken down by a large crowd eventually, usually following an op war defeat when just the ppu's are left. However, to argue that we should have more than one safeslot on our ppu's ignores the fact that while we might get killed eventually, we certainly have enough time to get to a genrep or zone away from danger.

So no, if you're careful, you shouldn't have to worry about losing a slotted rare on a ppu. In fact, the times I've dropped slotted spells on a ppu have come from 3 things - taking a stupid turn in the mc5 zone, miscasting while fighting Yreps, and crashing on zone lines between McPherson and Ceres. Then again I don't fight in many anarchy zones like pepper park on my ppu. I expect I've tempted fate now though, there goes my 3 slot catharsis sanctum ;p

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 18:01
Ask FLUX for a fight, I believe most of the people involved in that fight are there now.
(If not probably some of regs...)

Punisher-X
05-02-04, 19:03
QD i didnt realise your Holy heal was that good when you have been noob sheltered/def'd after being debuffed...and with damage boost on....while parad....wow, whats it at, 1672% damage? Gotta get me one of them......

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 19:09
Newbie healing a PPU is one of the most deadly thing's you can do, since they rely so much on it..

I neofragged with one of my clanmate's PPU's, and as a rule no heal's where allowed, and even when he dodged I still took him down.. (took a long time, and half my health was gone)..

same PPU with heal's and two tank's and my spy could not take him down while healing..

Newbie heal and bang down in short order..

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 22:16
Originally posted by Punisher-X
QD i didnt realise your Holy heal was that good when you have been noob sheltered/def'd after being debuffed...and with damage boost on....while parad....wow, whats it at, 1672% damage? Gotta get me one of them...... Holy heal doesn't have to be.
Just paraspam the people hitting me, then try to dodge fire.
Works semi-effectively, but like I said, in the DBed/Para'd/HABed situation (I didn't have noob buffs on, because people kept HABing me just to keep me from doing stuff), I feel back behind my team after the fifth HAB.

There's no PPU alive that could have just stood there, you're right, but vs 5 APUs++ co-ordinating like that a PPU really _SHOULD_ die.

If my team hadn't been there, I would have.
Seriously though, I'm not one of these jackasses that abuses the PPU though, running around in PP where I know I'll never die because I can just zone, paraing people, etc.
I'll only go to PP on occasion, if called, if the others have a PPU, if I'm really needed.
...Then again I'm the same for op wars, take my PE, relog to my PPU if / when my PE dies.

Back to holy heal;
it doesn't have to be all that effective if you know how to move and if you know what you're doing

fatwreck
05-02-04, 22:47
i want no safe slot for ppus or anyone for that matter... gives me more of a rush fighting then knowing nothing is safe in their belts, and when im on my ppu, i'd try harder so i dont loose my arti rare spells.

safeslot=carebare. imo no question about it.

Rade
05-02-04, 22:50
There should be a forum rule against making biased Polls. Every
idiot around does it and it affects the results. If banning "spam"
pictures in threads was important enough to make a rule for it
than surely this must be also.

**edit: This is not a flame directed exclusively at the thread-
starter, because this poll isnt that bad. Just fyi.

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 23:41

or I suppose they could just make PPU spells not cost 30652945629843629437cr to build to a decent slottage.

Yea that's a good suggestion.

Originally posted by Lister-Storm
Mhhhh Why have the PPU only one save slot? Ok Tanks ok they have or need only one weapon but a ppu has so many important spells/ rarspells and i find that the ppu need more than only one saveslot and more quickbelt slots!

I think everyone should have an extra quickbelt, but no one should have an extra safeslot.

I just think something should be done so all classes(instead of just the ppu 90% of the time) drop something valuable.

Originally posted by Q`alooaith
No I don't like the idea..

Tank's need more than one weapon, esp if they are going into PvP, which can happen anywhere..

Spy's need more than one weapon to be any use in PvP..

PE's, they also need more than one weapon for some situations.. though mostly one can do, but two of three is better...

APUs.. they need more than one spell to be affective in PvP, esp vs other monk's the PPU flavor..

I disagree, tanks don't NEED more than one weapon.

Spies? I don't know, it depends on the spy. Some carry around 1-2 rare rifles. But honestly, I don't think they NEED it the same way ppus NEED multple valuable spells.

Same goes for PE.

APUs? Hah. HL>fire apoc. There's really no good reason to carry fire apoc with you other than just because you want to or want some variety, etc....

Anti shelter is good enough for killing ppus, you don't need HAB.

So I disagree with the notion apus NEED more than one spell to be effective.

I believe good PPUs can die to 2-3 people easy, but only during a team battle. If it's just 2-3 people vs that 1 ppu, then I seriously doubt a good PPU will die unless he makes a big mistake or gets cocky/careless.

shodanjr_gr
06-02-04, 00:20
hes got a point though. I mean other classes carry at most 3 or 4 items of value in their QBs ( a tank for instance carries his CS, speedgun, AoE, Devourer). One of the guns is usually in safeslot, the other is Epic, so he only risks droping 2 rare items. A PPU has to keep multi slot heal, shelter, deflector, heal sanctum, damage boost, cath sanctum just to keep him self alive. Thats 6 items and the safe slot only protects one. So yeah hes got a minor point.

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 00:22
ummm...they do have more than one safe slot.....its called holy hell buffs & hard-to-kill beans

Keyol45743241
06-02-04, 00:50
Stupid... godmode PPUs want their spells even more protected than they already are by the sole fact that they.... are PPUs that is ridiculous :rolleyes::lol:

Honestly, how can anyone come up with such crap? No, I don't wanna know, I think, really, it must be utterly disgusting :wtf::(

Gestra
06-02-04, 01:24
Ontopic.

The fairest system would be no safe slots.

I mean as a ppu my entire belt could be safe slots. I would still have rares and high level high slotted spells in my inventory.

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 02:05
Ontopic.

I mean as a ppu my entire belt could be safe slots. I would still have rares and high level high slotted spells in my inventory. That's somethin I totally agree with.

Rade
06-02-04, 02:06
Ontopic.

I mean as a ppu my entire belt could be safe slots. I would still have rares and high level high slotted spells in my inventory.

Im down with that.

Keiron
06-02-04, 02:57
Ask FLUX for a fight, I believe most of the people involved in that fight are there now.
(If not probably some of regs...)
What he said is true. I watched (from a VERY dead screen) as he danced a tango with 20'ish people at Chester awhile ago.

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 03:07
, I time my shelter (Casting before HAB finishes) so that my shelter cast finishes just a split second after their HAB finishes (this does take my mind off my team but hey it means I don't have to put up with someone using nub buff on me).

thats prolly what he meant by BS QD. tell me, how can u time ur buff around THEIR AB? cuz to do that u'd have to know exactly how long their AB lasts. that's somthing u dont know. sure u could time it during battle, but im pretty sure u dont do that while concentrating on poison stacks, ur heal, ur teammates, etc

bounty
06-02-04, 03:16
I'm a ppu, no. Dumb idea. All classes should have equal consequences for dying. Besides a good shelter, what spell is it you fear losing? If you carry around your holy cath or tss with you outside of ops, then lol.

Phatso
06-02-04, 03:34
this is where i get away lightly being a dronner, the most valuble thing to me is really my stelth tool and i keep that in slot 0 and my bp'd Partiacl Nem in my safe slot but then as if i get killed while i am droning it falls on the floor not in the safe slot that is a bit crap too. i feal that drones should stay in there slots while in use like guns/spells do and so when you pick them back up they go back to there slot.

Rade
06-02-04, 03:42
Originally posted by Phatso
this is where i get away lightly being a dronner, the most valuble thing to me is really my stelth tool and i keep that in slot 0 and my bp'd Partiacl Nem in my safe slot but then as if i get killed while i am droning it falls on the floor not in the safe slot that is a bit crap too. i feal that drones should stay in there slots while in use like guns/spells do and so when you pick them back up they go back to there slot.

rofl. I feel lucky when I drop my stealth tool :D

QuantumDelta
06-02-04, 03:45
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
thats prolly what he meant by BS QD. tell me, how can u time ur buff around THEIR AB? cuz to do that u'd have to know exactly how long their AB lasts. that's somthing u dont know. sure u could time it during battle, but im pretty sure u dont do that while concentrating on poison stacks, ur heal, ur teammates, etc It takes a lot of doing, and like I said, when I do do it, it takes me out of the fight for a second or two...
Seriously though, the only reason it sometimes messes up is because they don't all have the same cast speed...
Typically, though, their team mates will be just as gunny on the shelters but not perfect so it's more or less whoever gets there first.
Bare in mind I dance around while this is happening to prevent making shelter easy to cast on me... (hey I used to be able to dance cast rezz but I probably couldn't do that anymore with the 25 second rezz time o_O)

SovKhan
06-02-04, 03:58
i voted no. if u die on a ppu in a safezone that sucks. but you shouldnt get more safeslots based on class. maybe a SL dependent one, but then again if your SL is high enough the belt is not really going to be hacked easily i know a few ppu's with SL's in the 100's for that reason.

Mr Friendly
06-02-04, 03:59
@QD
true true kekeke :D

fatwreck
06-02-04, 05:37
Originally posted by bounty
Besides a good shelter, what spell is it you fear losing?

holy heal, holy shelter, holy antidote or holy antifreeze. all need to be built with decent slots to be useful