PDA

View Full Version : This is how I feel

phunqe
05-02-04, 10:58
Some things get me upset.

For example, on pluto we don't have a CA FC. Basically the faction is beyond crap and nothing is happening even if you wanted to since all you can do is run around in your little RP context like an excited chicken without anyone giving a diddelido.

1. I sent a couple of mails regarding RP item/facts/happenings/plans or whatever to KK in the past. Last mail was to Callash about a certain idea me and my clan had.
My mails are always serious. They are also written in a way that invites you to at least scribble a "Ok, I'll take it under consideration" or "Sorry n00b, you suck".
But nothing. Zip. Nada. Niente.
So why should I care in the first place.

2. It was the same with GM applications. From what I've heard you should at least get a questionnaire back when applying so KK can review you application. I've sent a request 2 times. Nothing again.
I know what I'm capable of and I know I would do an excellent job. But since no help is wanted apparently or even cared about, I don't care about this as well and I'll just strafe around with my characters on Pluto.

3. I know at least 2 or 3 people who have sent an application for FC. Have they even gotten a reply? No.

If you want help fine. Don't expect me to ask again however.

Sorry, but this is the way I feel. You should take it serious as well. I'm not the average 1 week old player. I've been here since day 1 of beta4, never gotten any complaints whatsoever and I believe I would qualify as a loyal and decent player.

/phunqe

Cytaur
05-02-04, 11:04
word
we need CA FC on pluto..... badly

Ryuben
05-02-04, 11:11
we need FC badly, i only even seen 2, the TG one and the BD one.....and i heard the old TG one got fired :O

Sorontar
05-02-04, 11:13
I thought I read a post from her last week saying that she will now be more available or has something happened to make that void.

Original monk
05-02-04, 11:34
why have they been chosen in the first place then (the FC's) ????

for the moderators: hehe, im curious who the candidates will be: the ones that lied the most in the application form or the ones that are yust the biggest retards of the world but they dont know it yet ...

anyway, i cant wait till i see that list :) i know i havent got a mail so count me out: i tought i give it a try but, nopez : altough i would like to know why ffcourse, some feedback is always apreciated so i can correct myself in the future when i go aply to moderate other games like for example FOMK or sumthing :)

Nidhogg
05-02-04, 11:53
Insinuating that the moderators are "retards" isn't exactly going to bump you to the top of the pile now is it. :rolleyes: It's fairly easy to eliminate unsuitable candidates simply by reading what they post on the forums.

Phunqe, which email address did you send your application to?

N

phunqe
05-02-04, 12:01
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Insinuating that the moderators are "retards" isn't exactly going to bump you to the top of the pile now is it. :rolleyes: It's fairly easy to eliminate unsuitable candidates simply by reading what they post on the forums.

Phunqe, which email address did you send your application to?

N

I don't have the sent mails here, so I'm not 100% sure.

The first one was sent to the person I was told was/is responsible for the GM recruitment. I think it was Laemin, but I'm not sure.

The second one was sent to an eamil address such as jobs@neocron.com but with the address involving the word "gm" I believe.

phunqe

Nidhogg
05-02-04, 12:59
Laemin isn't involved in recruitment any more (hasn't been for a while) - in fact I think he's inactive as a GM - that probably explains that one. I think the correct email address is gmjobs@neocron.com, so that might explain the second one.

I'll try and get a confirmation on that email address.

N

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 13:08
That's the addy I was told Nid, though some while ago, I've also been told the job's one, Lemain, and a tone of other ones..

There realy realy realy, need's to be an overhaul, some of these Email's posted by mod's or GM's and made sticky in the forum's so people who want to help out know who to apply to..

Also, some people are not the most eliquent when it come's to writing Email's, some just plain can't do it very well, but are suited for the position's because they can explain thing's in PM's and in game very easly..

There's no question's, just an Email, so people don't know what information to send, if they need to send accoutn information or not, forum account's or not, most people would not send account info without a bloody good reason, and even then I'm pretty sure I'd not give out my account name over the forum PM's (nudge to odin) or Email.

It's just not a good way to get the best people.. some people post crap on the forum's, but are otherwise good, and helpfull players..

Original monk
05-02-04, 13:22

ok lemme translate it in normal human speech: i am curious wich people they will pick out because when you see wich people they choose to become a factioncounseller for example then i wonder by myself wich criteria the GM's use to select someone ... :rolleyes:

and after a littlebit of thinking i am glad to not be on top of the pile: its such a biiig responsability ya know

and didnt you understand me or did you delliberatly misunderstand me ? i didnt say anything about moderators being retards, in 9 outta 10 i have respect for any kind of autorithy, this includes moderators yes.
I was aiming at the 8 selected candidates who i dont know yet now ...

anyways, enjoy moderating the forum niddhog and stay of Yggdrasil okay, Surt will take care of that :)

Nidhogg
05-02-04, 13:37
I don't accept the statement that some people are poor at writing emails but otherwise great for the job of GameMaster. Written communication skills are vital for a support role such as a GM (less so admittedly for a FC position) so it's entirely reasonable to expect a certain standard in this respect. Your past history is also extremely important and a full check (both in-game and on the forums) is performed on each applicant.

We do recognise that communication can be improved and a great deal of internal discussion has taken place. As I have mentioned elsewhere, a new system is being put in place to improve all areas of communication including support policies and job applications so please bear with us on that one; news to follow in the coming weeks.

@Original Monk - your statement:
for the moderators: hehe, im curious who the candidates will be: the ones that lied the most in the application form or the ones that are yust the biggest retards of the world but they dont know it yetI'm sure you didn't mean any offence there but I think it's quite easy to misinterpret that statement. :p

/edit - I just noticed your sig - Dr. Dre won't be pleased. ;)

N

ex-machina
05-02-04, 13:39
Do you wanna take the stick out of your ass monk? You didn't get picked, big deal, neither did loads of other people, get over it.

If you want feedback I'd expect they require a certain level of literacy amongst their moderators. Still, always nice to see you translate things into "normal" human speech...

CR@SH
05-02-04, 13:42
I always thought the GM's were always first moderators but then got promoted to a GM if they chose? Also i do agree on the faction counsellor situation. It seems to me alot of them are currently inactive or have quit playing. Maybe thats just me but i think everyone faction should have a very active FC. As for those final 8 people they have chosen im sure they are all well qualified or they wouldn't have made it this far ;)

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 13:43
i dont really know why casual or well known players want to become GM's or FM in the 1st place

for me when the game or the fun starts feeling like a job, the game/fun its over.....

so in MY POINT OF VIEW, gm's forum moderators should be ppl that do not play neocron....

The faction counselour, its a diferent matter, kuz they are alowed to fight, and kill, and do whatever they want (without abusing powers of course), so and since they are actually players, they should be elected by the players.....its like this the ppl should choose who they want to represent them........

CR@SH
05-02-04, 13:47
Originally posted by Devils Grace
i dont really know why casual or well known players want to become GM's or FM in the 1st place

for me when the game or the fun starts feeling like a job, the game/fun its over.....

so in MY POINT OF VIEW, gm's forum moderators should be ppl that do not play neocron....

The faction counselour, its a diferent matter, kuz they are alowed to fight, and kill, and do whatever they want (without abusing powers of course), so and since they are actually players, they should be elected by the players.....its like this the ppl should choose who they want to represent them........

People voting on faction counsellors would not be a good idea. For one it would turn into a popularity contest and it would also let everyone know who the FC guys are. Everyone would of course want their friend to be a FC and would of course want their friend to do special favors for them. And besides that im sure a good portion of the people that would get voted in would not be suitable for the job and would abuse their power.

kreal
05-02-04, 13:55
Phunqe i'll tell you this i know how you fell.

Because i'v send two emails in for a job as Faction Counsellor.
I'v talked to Winston cross (his not around right now i know) and last time i'v even got in turch with Carbonite (almost second in command now ;) congrats...), he Promised he would look into it for me. But the problem is i havend heard anything yet. its not a buuhuu post, because i will be waiting for the reply from Arbiter or anyother KK () Mod () Member.

Regards Kreal Pluto

Reporting for durty as Cityadmin Faction Counsellor

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 14:00
*Prepare a broadside, aim....*

I don't accept the statement that some people are poor at writing emails but otherwise great for the job of GameMaster.

Ahhh, but when you don't know what people want for the application, most email's could seam's poorly writen..

Like me, when I know what I'm talking about or the general idea and goal I can do pretty good email's, though if I'm asked to cold email somone I'm not very good unless I'm telling them somthing, or passing information along, or know what I'm meant to be doing.. Now, if say there was a list of what infomation was wanted form people wanting to become a GM of moderator then fine, asking somone to sell themselve's in an email without knowing what your expecting or wanting can leave the email lacking in detail's.. which mean's the email is promptly dropped and binned..

Also note.. Somone might not have a good forum track record, on this forum or many other's, but could be perfect as a GM because when they are doing a job, volentary or no they put themselves into it 100% and are much more mature about it..

*..........Fire*

What's the point in having a forum account, and a game account if you can't have some fun..

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 14:02
of course i agree with ya, thats why it should work like the primaries (dunno how to spell it) and then the final word will be always up to KK consideration, kuz they will have to work with them.....

its just i think a FC should be a more active role inside the comunity then working outside it in prol of it

but thats me

Original monk
05-02-04, 14:03
at nidhogg, our favourite mod: i asked dre and he said any advertising towards he's person would be pretty ok.

Ok im lying but it sounds cool :)

i took an even better one, snoopwise

and at my good mate machina who i am quoting here:

"Do you wanna take the stick out of your ass monk? You didn't get picked, big deal, neither did loads of other people, get over it."

-> i gonna save the mods alot of cleanupwork here so i wont flame you in a 14 page A4 thread ... but i yust wanted to say that if i got picked out (wich isnt the case now) then you would see a nice line now saying: you are banned for 999years, 999months, 999days, 999hours, 999minutes & 999 seconds.

i wub you to :)

cu laterz all, enjoy posting the forums, play the game, re-level the last psi's ya had to lom away, flame people randomly around, or even go to garriots dinner to get yourself a nice cold beer and a burger

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 14:14
monk.....

i think u should be glad not been pick among the rest :lol:

ex-machina
05-02-04, 14:19
Originally posted by Original monk
-> i gonna save the mods alot of cleanupwork here so i wont flame you in a 14 page A4 thread ... but i yust wanted to say that if i got picked out (wich isnt the case now) then you would see a nice line now saying: you are banned for 999years, 999months, 999days, 999hours, 999minutes & 999 seconds.

lol, such a shame, I'd like to have seen that... That'd be a record for the quickest mod to be removed for abusing his position.

Do yourself a favour and just stop...

Original monk
05-02-04, 14:25
glad ya

altough i would love to ban mayhemmike over and over for like 5 minutes everytime :P but then again ya cant have any negative comments nomore on KK :/ wich is a con-point ...

but it would be cool to censor other people instead of other people censoring you :/

anyways enjoy playing the game

ciao

edit: devils grace i yust read in youre siggy that you help out the noobies with ingame stuff allready, why didnt you aply ??? :D

@ exmachine: mm its obvious that you didnt get alot of them grey cells in youre head at youre birth ... ya know a word called sarcasm ?

its yust that i dont wonna spend my precious time flaming people like you that wouldnt even understand the things i was sayin to em: so by this: SEX

and now i gonna eat a sandwich so go whine at someone else for the next hour machina, bye bye sweety

Scikar
05-02-04, 14:32
Well Original I think it's safe to say that wherever your application was on the pile, demonstrating that you cannot show impartiality has most likely moved it down.

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 14:59
Originally posted by Scikar
Well Original I think it's safe to say that wherever your application was on the pile, demonstrating that you cannot show impartiality has most likely moved it down.

why, just kuz he forgot to mention he would bann u to:lol:

@monk - i like to be the anonimus (?) helper

nahh i didnt apply 1st kuz i know i wouldnt be picked kuz the way i am
2nd i dont want to kuz the way i am
3rd- when it feels like a job, aint fun anymore.
4th - and what....taking orders from nidhogg, fuck no :lol: :D :angel:

sw1tch
05-02-04, 15:00
Arbiter is selecting an english CA faction councellor within the next week or two. He has just picked a german on, who is also active an saturn actually.

I have applied, and if i am selected, I am hoping to be able to satisfy the needs of all three english servers, in terms of help and events.

I'm sure Arbiter will help you out on any questions you have, email Arbiter@neocron.com

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 15:03
Originally posted by sw1tch
Arbiter is selecting an english CA faction councellor within the next week or two. He has just picked a german on, who is also active an saturn actually.

I have applied, and if i am selected, I am hoping to be able to satisfy the needs of all three english servers, in terms of help and events.

I'm sure Arbiter will help you out on any questions you have, email Arbiter@neocron.com

hahahaha already on campaing switch:lol

well if i was able to vote i would vote u to be one, kuz i know u actually are a good and trustble guy;)

tho i still love to gank ur tank :P

Ivory
05-02-04, 15:07
nidhog can u tell me the correct address for sending event ideas i've been trying to find it but i got no reply from another thread plz.

the one i used was gm-events@neocron.com it dun work :(

Original monk
05-02-04, 15:11
this is getting fun after all :)

devils grace you should of aplied it would be fun to see you with that copbotsign in youre avater :)

you wonna be the secret helper so it doesnt smudges youre badass PK image :D

hehe

and scikar: ffcourse i can be impartial ... but im not a mod so why would i ?
i yust try to say my personal tought about neocron in every thread: unlike alot of people that like to copy/paste other people's toughts (like sheep ya)
And i keep saying it cause i know that alot of people feel exactly the same as i do, maybe not on this forum but certainly people that play the game but dont even have a forumaccount ...

and devils grace: to come back to youre point 4: if they had given me 2 to 3 weeks then the roles would of been turned around :P

(nah im yust bullshittin on my last point here, forgive me lol, couldnt resist it)

anyways i gonna stop postin in this thread cause i feel embarrased for phunqe :/

im still curious for the candidates tough :)

edit: sw!tch, ya have my vote btw

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 15:20

devils grace you should of aplied it would be fun to see you with that copbotsign in youre avater :)

you wonna be the secret helper so it doesnt smudges youre badass PK image :D

hehe

hahaha yea Devils Grace GM at ur service LOL
"whatever questions u may have pls wait for the next GM on service"

me pk'er:angel: nahhh i just show them with important in game mechanics, that the manual or startup tips dont say:lol:

phunqe
05-02-04, 15:24
anyways i gonna stop postin in this thread cause i feel embarrased for phunqe :/

nah, no problem :p

What I would like to know is who is really responsible for the FC team. As far as I know it is Tenshu, to whom I also spoke on IRC before christmans regarding the whole non existent CA FC fact.
Where does Arbitrer fit into the FC team?
All players say FC applications should be sent to Arbitrer, whilst KK seems to say Tenshu (at least that is the answer I've gotten on 2 occasions).

Furthermore, regarding the GM issue. I was into it. I was prepared to more or less quit playing my other characters to devote myself entirely to being a GM.
However, I've been re-enjoying the game a lot lately and old friends are coming back/playing more. Also, various RP plans does keep me from wanting to quit my regular runner job so to speak.
Maybe in the future, who knows. For now I've decided to stick to my current commitments.

Until then, I hope you can manage to find an equally skilled GM applicant (why be humble? :p :D)

Cheers,
phunqe

Arbiter
05-02-04, 18:00
Almost all FC applications are sent to me via mail. In the last two months I had some reallife trouble and not enough time to answer every mail, so now I am buried under a lot of applications. We are working on a change there, so you can get an answer even if I am not around.
most applications about FC positions should be answered within the next week.

Praetorian
05-02-04, 22:58
Originally posted by phunqe
However, I've been re-enjoying the game a lot lately and old friends are coming back/playing more. Also, various RP plans does keep me from wanting to quit my regular runner job so to speak.
Maybe in the future, who knows. For now I've decided to stick to my current commitments.

Until then, I hope you can manage to find an equally skilled GM applicant (why be humble? :p :D)

Cheers,
phunqe

I wonder who he means by 'and old friends are coming back'? :)

Anyways, we can just hope that KK will devote more time and energy on the community on the servers. Especially now with the upcoming release of BDoY... This game needs some loving and attention from the GMs and FCs...

phunqe
06-02-04, 10:47
Originally posted by Arbiter
Almost all FC applications are sent to me via mail. In the last two months I had some reallife trouble and not enough time to answer every mail, so now I am buried under a lot of applications. We are working on a change there, so you can get an answer even if I am not around.
most applications about FC positions should be answered within the next week.

Can you please explain why I've been told two times that applications should be sent to Tenshu, to whom I also spoke on IRC for that matter... He said he is responsible the the FC team (Sorry Tenshu, no bashing I just want clarification ;))

@Praet, I deny all knowledge :p

Arbiter
06-02-04, 11:30
We are both responsible, but only my mail adress can be found in the thread about how to apply as faction counsellor.

phunqe
06-02-04, 11:46
Originally posted by Arbiter
We are both responsible, but only my mail adress can be found in the thread about how to apply as faction counsellor.

Ok, thank you for the clarification.