PDA

View Full Version : ppu double quick belt (avoid insanity)

Rjn
05-02-04, 10:14
i dont have a ppu so this isnt a i want post but i think they should introduce a glove that gives ppus another 10 slots in belt and also including more safe slots maybe 4 altogether u would need to make the glove give neg 250 apu be a monk to use and a ppu min of like 100 to use as only high end ppus hit the problem of swaping spells left right and center

Archeus
05-02-04, 10:17
I'd like an extra belt, but not extra safeslots.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:24
its fine as it is it just makes ppu'n an art form :D

SynC_187
05-02-04, 10:55
Originally posted by Archeus
I'd like an extra belt, but not extra safeslots.

Agrees ^^.

One safe slot is enough. PPU already has the best chance of surviving. If you play right you shouldn't be dropping a belt at all ;)

P.S. Polls with completely bias options like that don't go down very well.

Deanus_willis
05-02-04, 11:04
more options in the poll please, maybe start anew with out the extra safeslot idea.

Otherwise i agree, its a pain swapping between all the spells.

and where is the drom option? :mad:

Furion
05-02-04, 12:17
i want one for my hybrid also, hybrids need it way more then the ppus do!

Sleawer
05-02-04, 12:23
The real question should be: why do ppu's need an extra safe-slot?

To me the answer is simple; you spend a lot of time and money getting built high lvl psi modules slotted so you can have good stats in them.

One solution already said time ago is raising the quality caps for those lvl3 ppu modules, then ppu's would spend less money and time getting the perfect module, as they'd be in no need of getting good slots (4-5).

I dont agree with another safe-slot, but I do agree that ppu's have it harder.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 12:34
i want one for my hybrid also, hybrids need it way more then the ppus do!

pardon could u repeat that???

how many differant ppl do hybrids need to buff?.....ummmmmm one?

how many ppl do ppu's need to buff?....ummmmmm evryone else?

and i still think its fine as it is ;)

ino
05-02-04, 13:33
A couple of extra qb slots would indeed be nice. But the safe thing more than one doesnt matter..

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 13:36
I suck I know.. No you with the dirty mind, I suck my tounge, I'm not sure how many people do it.. but it's better than a thumb..

I don't like the idea of extra safe slot's, I like the idea of extra quickbelt slot's, maybe a tab between two quickbelt's, but it'd have to be for all classes.. not just monks.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 13:38
Quickbelt yes, maybe for the other classes too.
Safe slot no.
NEVER.
Though I would like PPUs to have cheaper spells ....or like.....something o_o
Maybe follow SDs idea of a single combat boosting spell that ups EVERYTHING would be a nice start :p

t0tt3
05-02-04, 13:41
It doesnt cost cash to build all spells its just a freaking timesink.
You even earn cash if you go RES - CST - BARTER.

Still to get a 4+ slotter holy heal or something it gonna take about 300 or more if you are unlucky :p

Mr_Snow
05-02-04, 13:46
I suck I know, all classes should be able to flick between maybe 2 or 3 quickbelts but all classes should have the same amount of quickbelts, losing a spell is irritating but most can be replaced in a fairly easy if time consuming manner.

Ah the reason I dont like SDs idea for just a combat booster is basically because if you merge all boosters together every class will get the MC3 bonus and their primary bonus thus overpowering the spell.

Sleawer
05-02-04, 13:47
Well yes that's if you live in a 4 char server like me, or have 4 accounts in one char servers heh.
You eventually can get the tittle of 'tradeskiller's annoyer' in your clan and harass them until they do that job of RES-CST-BRT :p

You are right about the timesink tho, it's the most painful part.

Lecko
05-02-04, 14:59
...I guess thats one of the downsides of being a PPU isn't it? I'd love a larger quickbelt, but at least I have to make some intelligent decision of what to keep in there. Very bad idea. -5 stars. :mad:

Rieper
05-02-04, 16:05
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
I suck I know, all classes should be able to flick between maybe 2 or 3 quickbelts but all classes should have the same amount of quickbelts, losing a spell is irritating but most can be replaced in a fairly easy if time consuming manner.

Ah the reason I dont like SDs idea for just a combat booster is basically because if you merge all boosters together every class will get the MC3 bonus and their primary bonus thus overpowering the spell.

Perhaps just take away the health bonus? although even with the health bonus its not a major thing.

Furion
05-02-04, 16:28
Originally posted by Peter Andre
pardon could u repeat that???

how many differant ppl do hybrids need to buff?.....ummmmmm one?

how many ppl do ppu's need to buff?....ummmmmm evryone else?

and i still think its fine as it is ;)

i need 2 long buffs, dmg boost, shields, poison, fire, energy, stamina booster, psi booster and anti shock drugs......

a ppu can buff everyone he needs to buff with 2 long buffs: haz and melee, and the shields.

Melkior
05-02-04, 17:21
lol, ppuing for a team of 5 other runners(ok this team is a bit unrealistic, but possible)

apu - psi3
rifle spy - rifle3
pistol PE - pistol3
melee tank - melee3
heavy tank - heavy3

spy3, haz/heat3 for all

shel/def/Heal

thats 10 already, then we have DB/para/Heal sanc/Rez/boosters

if your doing a swamp cave you will need antipoison sanc/possibly holy antidote

and thats just for pvm...

Furion
05-02-04, 17:39
if u are using all those buffs for a combat situation, then theres something wrong. if the chars ur ppuing for are any good, the tank wont need HC, but melee, the apu wont need psi 3, but melee, the PE can use his own pistol buff if he really needs it, the melee tank can get melee :p, and any decent rifle spy is using his own buffs. then u use melee on urself.

u can have:
para
dmg boost
heal
shelter
deflector
haz
melee
anti para
booster
booster

swap when u gotta put up ur sanctums (this is a combat setup tho, pvm is different)

Melkior
05-02-04, 17:41
thats approx what mine is, but it does get really annoying constantly swapping spells =-P

Rjn
05-02-04, 18:24
remember a ppu is a support class the idea is ppus increase the strenth of his team mate's (to a certain degree) at the cost of not having an aggersive attack , but if setup right being almost unkillable .

ok we all know that i know just felt u needed reminding if u disagree ppus dont need more slots .

for a ppu to work how kk seems to have intended them to they need 2 belts all classes work better with the right buffs for them so the ppu should have the ability to have all accesable to do his job here is how 2 belts would look and there are still some spells not accessable here
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/rjn72uk-ppu.JPG

well thats how i see it anyway