PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate safeslot fix.

Lifewaster
05-02-04, 09:37
I used to play Meridian59 and in many ways it is still the best PvP mmorpg.It just had a superb balance for PK/item loss/soullight/factions/clans/wars etc despite its age.

In meridian, if you died, you dropped everything and it was usually looted.However, items were not that hard to obtain.And you could PvP to a good degree with store bought weapons/armor.

There were "rare" dropped weapons that had extra bonuses such as extra damage, extra aiming , bane type damage...and finally a certain bonus was "glows with a soft light" which meant the item was soulbound and respawned with you if you died, kinda like the current epic gun is a safe item.

Anyway, I'm suggesting neocron gets rid of slot one protection and implements this kind of system. Instead make items protectable like the epic gun by having a new rare mod that imparts this to the item.

For example :

Rifle epic mod :

damage -12%
freq -7 %
epic item +1

Do you see what this would do ? It would require collecting as a rare mod, and would take up a free slot plus nerf damage and freq , yet would bestow epic status to the gun rendering it unable to drop in a belt.

Now balance wise, the malus would have to be enough that even a 5 slot rare wouldn't end up over 100% damage or so, instead ending with similar damage ability to the current epic guns.

So I'm thinking either the mod would take more than one slot to use, or its malus would be applied post cap (ie: even with 4 other mods bringing damage to 132 before cap, the net damage ends up at cap 120 minus 12% = 108%)

Anyway, just an idea to replace the current slot system which noone seems happy with.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 10:11
i think this is one of the better ideas ive seen... BUT lose the stat loss it just takes up a slot. so heres what haooens right?

u lose the quick belt and the safe slot but epic items and weapons with these mods on never drop unless -17 SL im down with that m8y

Dade Murphey
05-02-04, 10:14
Not everyone in the game has the time to spend in game collecting this stuff...or the money in the game to buy it offa other players to be dropping all their loot when they die...it would be all fine and dandy if in NC it was viable to PvP or even really PvM with store bought weapons...it's simply not...and it's good that way as it makes constructors/researchers important...Casual players would quickly lose interest in a game where every time they died they were having to go buy new gear as it's usually the casual player who doesn't have loads of cash or items to spare

extract
05-02-04, 13:10
man this just goes to show noones ever happy, nerf this, get rid of that..........how many remove safeslots threads were there today?...........

Benjie
05-02-04, 13:12
nO
NO
No
no

It's perfect as it is.

In certain Ultima Online shards, there where items that required a lot more work than here in Neocron. When you died you lost everything.

Neocron is carebear enough as it is.

"This is not your backpack, you cannot loot other peoples backpacks"...!:lol:

Carebear. :rolleyes:

Q`alooaith
05-02-04, 13:17
The problem come's in as..

You'd just have to mod it with this first, then add the +% one's afterwards, then the item would cap again..

I don't like the idea anyway..