PDA

View Full Version : just a though about safe slot

ezza
05-02-04, 02:55
a lot of people seem anti removal of the safe slot, mainly due to the fact that they will lose there rare.

ewll was thinking about the epics, as atm the speed gun is actually a fairly viable choice weapon to use, its doing good damage and if you got good aim you can hit a fair bit with it.

my though was having some epics that priovided a weapon altarnative to the rares, but as it is now not as good as the rares.

so i know the tsunami epic is gonna be a assault rifle, then there is the speed gun for tanks, and the TT epic is pistol rifle or cannon

so if they maybe filled in the epics with items that others needed like a low tech pistol or a psi module so that all classes could get something useful from epics(presuming they dont do the dumb thing and limit there usage to the faction in question)

this way people who were bothered about losing the rare wouldnt have to be so concerned about it as they will still have a no drop item that is off use till they can gank a enemy to get another or whatever.

maybe shit idea dunno, just a though that popped into my head, proberbly a bit carebear sounding but its a knid of compromise i guess.

meh posting it anyway, shoot me down if you will;)

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 02:56
Who cares anymore this game is overrun by carebears.

Sad thing is half the l337 pkers are infact the carebears and not the anti pk people.

ezza
05-02-04, 02:57
i guess, was just trying to provide some kind of 1/2 way between:(

Lifewaster
05-02-04, 09:15
Its a good idea I think if you can get rid of slot one.

But theres a lot of issues with which epics to make for which classes.

(You just gave me a similar vein idea from meridian 59 gonan post a poll on it in a bit.)

Psycho_Soldier
05-02-04, 09:22
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

How do you seperate being carebear and being lazy?

I can tell you one thing. I'm lazy. Too lazy to get 5-10 back ups of a good quality CS and Devourer. No.. I'm not a carebear, im just fucking lazy. There is a difference I think.

BombShell
05-02-04, 09:22
i mentioned that earlyer if thay do remove slots because am trying to bring the loot bak but making the carebears happy.

but its not working thay just dont want to drop anything :(

VetteroX
05-02-04, 09:37
your calling me a carebear... I want no safezones, no guards, people trackable on city com but they way this game is CURRENTLY built, no safeslot would suck, the drop rate blows, the slot chances arent great, and as ive described in the other post its not even... maybe there no problem if your a CS or HL user but try getting another first love, slasher etc from player drops... In UO all stuff dropped and that was fine cause it was easily repalceable, in NC its not.... pa means driving/running to foster, paying 150k, then your gotta replace your rare etc.... If luspus plan goes through and we get tl 80's non rare of all weapons then its doable... but untill then its not.

Original monk
05-02-04, 10:36
Sad thing is half the l337 pkers are infact the carebears and not the anti pk people.

you are not a L337 PKer vetterox, youre a teddybear that acts tough and thinks he is a L337 PKer while people point and laugh at ya ...

SynC_187
05-02-04, 10:52
Originally posted by BombShell
i mentioned that earlyer if thay do remove slots because am trying to bring the loot bak but making the carebears happy.

but its not working thay just dont want to drop anything :(

I don't mind my shit dropping. I wouldn't mind if it was increased to a couple of items dropping as standard. Just don't want to lose my old faithful ;) (although lost one coz of bad SL already)

I don't think having one item guaranteed safe is a big problem.

My monk carries plenty of valuable stuff thats not in slot one that your welcome to come and take!

Dade Murphey
05-02-04, 10:54
Originally posted by VetteroX
your calling me a carebear... I want no safezones, no guards, people trackable on city com but they way this game is CURRENTLY built, no safeslot would suck, the drop rate blows, the slot chances arent great, and as ive described in the other post its not even... maybe there no problem if your a CS or HL user but try getting another first love, slasher etc from player drops... In UO all stuff dropped and that was fine cause it was easily repalceable, in NC its not.... pa means driving/running to foster, paying 150k, then your gotta replace your rare etc.... If luspus plan goes through and we get tl 80's non rare of all weapons then its doable... but untill then its not.

See...for once i'm not gonna rag on Vet...but his post supports something I was trying to talk about before in my Poll...less importance needs to be placed on rares...rares should be cool yes...but you shouldn't have to have them to be effective in combat (for the most part)...that was a dumb move on KK's part...and I personally would like to see them more rare...that would make it so people have to learn to rely on their normal weapons more and those with rares (after some sort of wipe, or on a new server) would truely be something fierce...and hunted :eek: Rares and SL in my opinion really fuck over what otherwise is a fun game...if you wanna get the rare you have to take too much time away from truely having fun to really enjoy the game

gostly
05-02-04, 11:26

Sad thing is half the l337 pkers are infact the carebears and not the anti pk people

agreed

vet, for someone that claims to pk people all fuckin day...you sure are being carebear about this...i guess for once you get all the carebears on your side...and all the other people that claim to be hardcore pk'ers that think the same way you do...

if the game went back to dropping a random item 1-10 in the quickbar (not the entire inventory)...then we'd still start getting people *attempting* to grab their best weapon and throwing it back into their inventory...only thing is...it's a risk...and god knows we dont wanna have any risks

really pisses me off to hear pk'ers against removal of their beloved safeslot...:rolleyes:

tuxy
05-02-04, 11:33
remove that saftey slot then we will so who the real brave ppl :P

Babai
05-02-04, 11:35
IMO, the store bought weps should be viable for PvP, as its now, you have to be capped and possess some sort of a rare wep to have a chance in PvP. This is wrong. Also its farely easy to make all weps to be viable alternatives to rares. Using rares should bring some sort of a risk in exchange for better firepower. And yes, there should be no safety slot and I want the game back to the state that a random item dropped out of the inventory.
Also, if store bought weps become viable for PvP this will make tradeskillers quite happy due to increased demands in them.

Same goes for rare chips. The mc5 chips are way too overspecced and hence overvalued. Possessing such chips and weps destroys the skillfull combat.

For example, i have a spy that is going to be pvping, but as he isnt capped yet, I dont want to remove LE as I spend most of the time killing wbs for techs to get my rifles built. I would have already started Pvping if the store weps were worth using.

VetteroX
05-02-04, 11:46
ghostly... your an idiot, all I gotta say... READ MY POST in this page and the other no safeslot post and try to counter it.... but you cant, so you lose. Goodbye.

GT_Rince
05-02-04, 11:54
Bah - we all know Ezza & Vett are 2 of the biggest carebears in the game... no excuses.

I can see it now - a 0/2 runner gets ganked by both and they go skipping happily into the sunset, holding hands and talking about getting some new hats knitted....

;)

LordError
05-02-04, 12:02
Originally posted by VetteroX
ghostly... your an idiot, all I gotta say... READ MY POST in this page and the other no safeslot post and try to counter it.... but you cant, so you lose. Goodbye.

You might be a good pk'er vetterox but you seem a bit arrogant.

Back to topic.

Im fairly new, I still suck at pvp, but safeslot be gone. The only reason i dont want it removed are those freaking fatals and sync bugs. When they fix that, im all for the removal of the safeslot. Then you have to have skill and a good setup to win. Looseing a item/rare due to a fatal is just plain stupid.

All safe zones should'nt be removed either, what do we have then, a lot of pk'ers doing tradeskillers? Not that cool.

gostly
05-02-04, 12:12
vet, i always read your posts, especially on topics like this...you say dont remove the safeslot cuz of shit like the game crashing and blah blah blah...you're just fuckin scared...

so, i did READ YOUR POST on this page and the other...or else i wouldnt have mentioned you...

what the fuck, im still not understanding what i have to counter with you...you're scared to drop your weapons...im not...simple as that...just shut up

i hate getting in arguments on the forum...it's ALMOST pointless...

alright im goin to sleep...

GT_Rince
05-02-04, 12:13
Originally posted by LordError
You might be a good pk'er vetterox but you seem a bit arrogant.

A bit? We all have to leave the server to get Vet's ego in....

:p

Sleawer
05-02-04, 12:13
As has been said previously, before the safe slot the drop rule only applied to any of the 10 quickbelt items, now our tradeoff for having a safeslot is that we can drop anything in our inventory, including PA.

To me it seems a fair trade, and after all it removed the problem of 'dragging the weapon' to the inventory before dieing... so in one hand we have a weapon that will never drop, but in the other we can drop everything else (but implants) and the fights last until the end, even if the odds are against you.

Believe me it was so lame: "oh shit [apu+ppu] comming towards me - bah I'm not gonna bother to fight" *drags weapon to the inventory*

The current system is better in that sense... if we just didnt have the stupid 5-items drop rule...

P4mp3rk3
05-02-04, 12:15
What I'm thinking is... where do all these "remove the safeslot"-threads come from?
3 days ago there wasn't a single one, now there's like 5 on the same day lol o_O

When they introduced it I thouhgt everybody was well happy? no?

tuxy
05-02-04, 12:41
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3

When they introduced it I thouhgt everybody was well happy? no?

no i want it gone , good for making pvp more exciting, good for tradskillers, good for the economy

Devils Grace
05-02-04, 13:30
Originally posted by GT_Rince
A bit? We all have to leave the server to get Vet's ego in....

:p

at least he acts acording to what he says, unlike some cowards i know in this forum that act like all mighty "im ubber" and then are a bunch of pussys in game..................

GT_Rince
05-02-04, 13:51
Originally posted by Devils Grace
at least he acts acording to what he says, unlike some cowards i know in this forum that act like all mighty "im ubber" and then are a bunch of pussys in game..................

You know what - I know exactly the sort you mean... :rolleyes:

And if u notice above, you will see that isn't a serious comment. Seem to remember you did the same thing yesterday, having a pop at me for something that was nothing to do with you. So, go poke it up your ass...

Strych9
05-02-04, 13:58

Sad thing is half the l337 pkers are infact the carebears and not the anti pk people. PK speaks the truth.

If 1337 PKar Dudez (yes, you Vett) were are bad as they thought, they would think... no, they would KNOW that with a no safeslot drop system that they would end up with more rares than they could imagine, since they kill so many runners that use rares.

Instead, we see them whine that "the game isnt stable, I dont want to lose my rare to a crash."

Bah.

I dont even gank noobs like some people, and *I* want no safeslot and drops.

Some people want this game to be more hardcore. Some people want there to be an actual reason to avoid death, and an actual reason to go after the kill. Some people want there to be a reward for a PvP kill (aside from some lame kill stat that you can print out and show to your friends).

numb
05-02-04, 14:03
Originally posted by Strych9
I dont even gank noobs like Vett, and *I* want no safeslot and drops. Pft.

I think that's vett's problem, maybe the people using the rares are a little too hard to kill ;)

edit: in response the post regarding making shop bought weapons more viable. I would love to see in increase in the cap on weapons. At the same time - although I cant speak for other classes - when I played my tank a while a go, it was ages before I had a CS but I never had any trouble taking down a CS user with my 3 slot TPC (I believe you get a higher RoF and better aim on it anyway).

Strych9
05-02-04, 14:07
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
What I'm thinking is... where do all these "remove the safeslot"-threads come from?
3 days ago there wasn't a single one, now there's like 5 on the same day lol o_O

When they introduced it I thouhgt everybody was well happy? no? Nah. I started a thread about removing the safeslot a week ago-

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88802

That one was started on 1/27.

Sadly, every time it comes up, the most of the big PKers turn into the biggest carebears the game has seen, demanding they have full protection for their weapons. :rolleyes:

numb
05-02-04, 14:09
Originally posted by Strych9
Sadly, every time it comes up, the most of the big PKers turn into the biggest carebears the game has seen, demanding they have full protection for their weapons. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of the good ones left months and months ago getting tired of waiting for neptune and totally sick of the current system.

ezza
05-02-04, 16:02
when did this thread become about Veto_O

Rince: why would i need to hold vets hand, he can handle himself perfectly well, and would easy survive under the drop system.

how about we forget the pkers for a min and at least coment on my idea good or bad

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 16:09
Originally posted by Sleawer
As has been said previously, before the safe slot the drop rule only applied to any of the 10 quickbelt items, now our tradeoff for having a safeslot is that we can drop anything in our inventory, including PA.

To me it seems a fair trade.

Exactly, stuff in your inv is not safe anymore. I don't carry a THIRD of my kit around with me these days.
And when I do die, there is still the chance I will loose any one of my 4 slot + spells (even my spy 1 is 5 slot :p)