PDA

View Full Version : No Tip ? No Poke.

Hell's Grannie
05-02-04, 01:55
Ok, just a little rant.

I'm sick and tired of people running around, screaming : 'Poking ? Poking ?' and what happens if you poke them ? Not a tip nor a single 'thx'. So, from now on ... No decent tip UPFRONT ? No Poke. Need more pokes ? You pay a tip for every single poke UPFRONT. No Money ? Too bad. Need five pokes ? Ok, I'll give you the fifth for free. Hostile faction ? Be sure to tip HIGH or I'll leave you to yourself on the spot. This way my bussines goes down ? No problem, I'll go hunting. Oh ... and no more poking in Plaza 1 for me ... I'd like to sleep in bed, not behind a computer screen.

Mmm, feeling better already.

darkservent
05-02-04, 01:59
lol i can see nidhogg runnin towards this thread already.

t0tt3
05-02-04, 02:00
1337 tip is allways funny :D

Xian
05-02-04, 02:04
I poke. For the amount of no-tips I receive, the amount of tips I do get has actually quite surprised me.

I once received 10,000 credits for about 3 pokes on one guy, who then said "I'm just logging my alt, he needs pokes too". I thought the 10,000 was supposed to cover both pokes, but then he paid me 15,000 on his other character. :o

I'm happy with 1000 for little pokes and 2000+ for longer ones; if people don't tip I just try to remember their names and leave them hanging next time there's 10 people at my feet. :)

Bl@zed
05-02-04, 02:10
haha :lol:

Ascension
05-02-04, 02:12
nVidia of Dark Tipped my Alt 100 K for a Poke cos he really needed it:eek:

borl
05-02-04, 02:18
I tipped 200k to get my Herc in on Pluto, I was so exited. It still took me 20 mins to find someone though :(

Sleawer
05-02-04, 02:23
I always pay between 10-20k for pokes... still most pokers seem surprised at this. People should be a little more generous.

MrBiggles
05-02-04, 02:26
Originally posted by Hell's Grannie
No decent tip UPFRONT ? No Poke.

I can understand your frustration at feeling used, but if you REQUIRE a tip, and upfront at that, it's payment.

I'm a noob, so not up on all the ins and outs of how things are supposed to work. I'm also pretty broke. I'm mildly tired of people in game getting pissed at me because a) i didn't give them the VOLUNTARY tip or b) they felt it wasn't enough.

I mean, come on if you're running a service FOR PROFIT say so upfront. None of this half assed "payment is assumed" whoring.

Lathuc
05-02-04, 02:27
you know if you ad you are working for tips you know that tips are considerd optional and not really nesicary to pay. but if you ad you are working for cash upfront you will get payd so ad that you are working for cash upfront

VetteroX
05-02-04, 02:31
I always tip poker but refuse to tip up front... I take it as a scam if they ask for it. I usually tip 1.5k a poke, and ive i need a tl 115 poke i offer up to 50k to get someone to log thier poker.

Hell's Grannie
05-02-04, 02:35
if you're running a service FOR PROFIT say so upfront

... which is exactly what I'm planning to do. So, yes you're right, I should advert : 'Poking tl84 - decent payment upfront'.

Needless to say, runners lower then, let's say level 15, who are REALLY low on cash can get a ... 'mild treatment'. I'm not THAT hard ;)

Sorin
05-02-04, 02:35
Originally posted by Sleawer
I always pay between 10-20k for pokes... still most pokers seem surprised at this. People should be a little more generous.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I'll always pay at least 5k for one poke. If I'm feeling particularly chipper I'll pay 10k for that one poke. Even if it's a TL 3 foot. I'm l33t like that. If I need multiple pokes I'll usually pay between 15k-20k.

There should be more poke tippers like us. Almost everyone I get poked by gets so ecstatic when I tip them, I think "damn, do that many lamers not tip?"

extract
05-02-04, 03:18
theres no real way to find out how high TL the imp is which would make it real hard to predetermine a cost...some guy could need a TL 115 poke and if you were just spamming that you poked TL 115 he could just say it was a advanced headbone or some shit and give u like 500cr....poking in general is a shitty tradeskill for the person poking theres no real XP gain in poking other people that Ive found at least.....and the money is well.......shit.....my advice wait til theres no pokers around and 10 people are spamming for a poker....I see it all the time "paying 20k for someone to log theyre poker" thats the only real way Ive seen to make money on poker......

ezza
05-02-04, 03:32
if im poking my own faction(BD even though my poker is CA:eek: )then i dont charge em, if they gimme cash cool, but not bothered, if the people run away with out giving, then they better hope they dont run into diabolus while i still got there name in my head, theres one guy who for personal reasons will for the entirity of this game get killed by me no reprive regardless of faction, so non of you people wanting pokes better not piss me off :p

Organics
05-02-04, 03:39
Hehe yeah I've had some pretty damned rude people just walk off without a "thx" or anything, don't really care about the tip TBH, but just fucking off without a word is a good way not to get poked. Already got two names who I'll never poke, even if they ask pleasantly.

It's not hard to type one word out, or even 2 or 3 letters (in the case of ty and thx) so DO IT :D

Rieper
05-02-04, 03:40
i ussually pay about 4k per poke.. considering that consists of a dude clicking a mouse button, i dont think im particularly stingy..

t0rqu3
05-02-04, 03:50
I am sure you are the only poker on your server.

Rade
05-02-04, 04:06
I pay between 2-5K per poke. I dont have any solid income since
I dont PvM _at all_ so thats about what I can afford :/ However
some people seem to be annoyed at me for paying them, as if I
should know that that particular person thinks Im on the free-list,
and some people get pissed at me tipping too little, so I dont
know what to do really o_O:confused:

Drexel
05-02-04, 04:58
My PPU is my Poke (tl115).

Im looking foward to BDOY & the removal of safe zones, if some cheap fucker dosent tip im just gonna paraspam his arse to the floor until he does & maybe a little convincing with a baseball bat wouldent go astray.

Cheap-arses Beware !!!

Bring on BDOY. :D

Psyco Groupie
05-02-04, 05:10
rofl

Artie
05-02-04, 05:10
hey...i'm a cheapass (never tip) but i poke tl 85 and never ask for a tip in return. It's just the tl 115's that are diff

Pwnage
05-02-04, 05:15
Umm, it's a poke?

Click.

Oh, I deserve 50K for that.

Click.

Fuck this is a hard tradeskill.

Click.

Oh man, 0/2 fucker didn't tip me WTF.

Click.

NO MORE POKES!

Seriously tho, when you research, you basicaly sit there doing 1 bp at a time. Same with construction. Yet people judge your work based on how many bps, or how many slots, not how much time you wasted or how much lube you ate.

You can poke a million ppl at the same time in a matter of seconds.

If your source of income in this game is poking, you need to find something else.

Stop crying.

Zanathos
05-02-04, 05:18
from now on, allies pay 1k per poke, enemies, 2k per poke.

except friends.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 05:21
i alway tip 10k per poke unless its like a bone imp or somthing but i used to be a poker and there is a vast range between the 2 extreems 1 massive tips like me :D and the no tipping tight asses u jus got to think that they aint all tight asses and carry on providing ur sevice which everyone needs

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 05:24
Pwnage if ppl dont tip the pokers get pissed and lom out there poke to hack or somthing and kill warbies and then who gets pokes no1

its the most frequently used tradeskillz and tbh 1k aight exactly bank breaking is it?

Pwnage
05-02-04, 05:28
I always tip my pokers and thank them too. Tell them that I appreciate their work.

My issue is when pokers expect too much... like paying up front or outrageous tips.

Drexel
05-02-04, 05:46
All pokes must be tipped !!!

As a guide for near capped players, 1000nc per poke is nice if its TL 115 then I usually get 5000-10000nc for the poke.

Pokers are not people who happened to be doing something else in Plaza 1 & poke you coz they have nothing better to do.

They are using their playing time just standing there waiting to poke & do NOTHING else, you get no worthwhile exp doing this, & we dont get off on 'helping' people, were doing it for the CASH, thats it, simple, there there only to poke, or else they would be out in the wastelands PKing your cheap arse.

If you continue not to pay, there will be NO pokers, just clan pokers, & alts who do friends only. & we dont want that, do we ?

Remember, cheap people dont usually have any friends, so there will be no pokes for you ! :p

SypH
05-02-04, 05:53
I used to poke when I had my APU. I always said when spamming that tips were optional, but when people ran away without even thanking me, that annoyed me. This is no joke, but I actually had a "shit list" of people I refused to poke for doing this:D

Forget My Name
05-02-04, 06:27
I just poked a player Kreal on pluto, and he gave me 300k for 3 normal pokes, like bones and stuff.... I said wow, thanks for the huge tip, and he goes, 300k is huge?

Kreal, you is my nigga!!! I want to suck yoooos meat pole for good luck.

Peter Andre
05-02-04, 06:36
LoL *LoMs to poke and follows kreal round till caping cash :D*

when i used to poke it was the little things that kept me doin it not just the cash it was the thought that i was helping others enjoy their game whilst lol'n randomly on the ooc channel and when ppl said thx but didnt tip cos either they couldnt or i knew them it kept this feelin going but when ppl jus screw u and run away as soon as u poke the last imp in it makes u pissed that i was tryin to help everyone else and there was 1 or 10 ppl on the server just thinkin of there bank balence. grrrrrrrrr

StrongSad
05-02-04, 06:53
The way I see it, when I poke someone THEY are GIVING me exp. Sometimes I almost want to tip them. 8|

All these people are saying they tip 15k-20k, but how is it I NEVER run into tippers like this.

And 1000nc for a poke. Thats usefull :rolleyes: In the time it takes to open trade and transfer the money I could have poke 5 other ppl.

Just my opinion. ;)

PS- I tip randomly. Some get 30k....some get nothing. If someone gets nothing and calls me a tight ass or shit like that. They will surely never get a tip.

Birkoff
05-02-04, 07:22
I usually tip 20-30k what ever.. even if its just my foot.... i dunno... to much money circling.. what else is ther eto try and waste 40mil on

The Char i log that pokes also recycles/cosntructs and repairs so i get money from that and usually poke for free.

Birkoff
05-02-04, 07:23
I usually tip 20k what ever.. even if its just my foot.... i dunno... to much money circling.. what else is ther eto try and waste 40mil on

The Char i log that pokes also recycles/cosntructs and repairs so i get money from that and usually poke for free(its not worth opening trade for 1k).

lullysing
05-02-04, 07:27
I remember going on the french server, and since i was playing at a time where there wasn't that much people around, i would stand around in plaza 1 in my melee tank/imper/repairer and offering my services, then massively overcharging for people i didn't like, or who worked for the wrong factions.

Never have a been called a whore faster than when i asked 15K to repair 3 mid level items for an enemy faction. He was forced to give me 20K just because he insulted me.

The joys of tradeskilling.

Fafhrd
05-02-04, 11:08
I get most of my money on my PPU for poking other people so you could say I poke for a living...

- I'm was a bit surprised in the beginning that enemy factions seem to tip more often and better then friendly / neutral facs do.
- People not giving tips are more often Tangents then those of my own faction (Protopharm).
- normally people give about 1k per poke. Thats totally ok for me.
- Newbies should not be talked into giving tips (approx up to /20 /30). And if I see the same person kneeling infront of me and asking for pokes the 3rd time in 10 minutes, I don't take tips from them anymore. Instead chat with them a bit and give 'em some buffs :-)

If I need money this has worked really well: "poking for tips, kneel for service (todays highscore: xxx by yyy)". Start advertising after you got your first tip. Some people will give you more $$ just to be in the highscore :lol:

Highest tip I got so far was 300k for a tl115 poke.

Archeus
05-02-04, 11:11
I used to charge 2k a poke up front. People paid, and it made a better income then expecting tips.

Spex
05-02-04, 11:38
Grannie, come poking with me, I direct all the tips to you ... and its a good income. There are peeps which just run away without saying anything nor tipping, write their names down and don't give them any service again (or do it like ezza does). Or just ignore them, it doesn't happen that often anyway.

I remember someone poking in medicare while I was poking on the plaza in front of it. If you give rude announcements, force people to pay upfront etc. you can close your poking business ... the peeps were coming to me instead and that pissed the other poker even more off :p

Compared to other tradeskills the poker has no costs though, except the occasional repair of the poking tool and the investment into a bigger poking tool (if you don't poke MC5 the price is acceptable though). That means all tips are automagically pure profit for the poker. Problem is, many people tip the same amount for the other tradeskills, and they have a lot of expenses.

Archeus
05-02-04, 11:53
Originally posted by Spex
force people to pay upfront etc. you can close your poking business ... the peeps were coming to me instead and that pissed the other poker even more off :p

Actually it doesn't. Once you call it a fee and keep it reasonable, people are liable to come to you again and again. I set 2k a poke (+GR fees if they needed me at a location). It got good business, the people complaining there would be small (1 in 10 if that) and they just whined and whined and then paid and got poked. When another poker showed up it was all the same to me. I had ones trying to 'ruin my business' by poking people for free, but they still tipped/paid me when he did it.

Compared to other tradeskills the poker has no costs though,

Apart from the time standing around when the could be doing something else and the large number of points which could go elsewhere.

When the TL tools get locked then pokers will have to make cash.

Problem is, many people tip the same amount for the other tradeskills, and they have a lot of expenses. [/B]

You get them to buy all the resources and you have 0 expenses.

LordError
05-02-04, 12:29
I allways tip pokers, they offer a service. we'd have problems with them gone. I usaly tip from 1K-50K depending on how much money i got, TL of pokes and how many.

Usaly i say something like:
"Thank you for your services, sir. May you have a productive day!"

Sometimes i just chat a bit with them. Remember its pretty boring standing there and pokeing. A little converstaion does'nt hurt.

Be nice to the pokers! They offer you a critical service damnit. Its not that hard to say "thanks or thank you", if you dont tip, and dont even bother to say thanks. Dont expect to run safe in pp or the wastes.

You guys who dont tip or at least say "ty", we know who you are.

05-02-04, 12:48
the most annoying thing from people wanting pokes, is the people who chase around in the kneeling position bumping and shoving you around, or the guys who 'push in' and zerg the poker

obvious solution, some kind of auto-poke 'terminals' dotted around the city for those who cannot wait for a short while and find a suitable poker.

Clownst0pper
05-02-04, 13:01
They aught to make it so if you recieve a poke from anyone but yourself it takes 1000credits from you and automatically gives it the poker.

If they dont have any money the process window doesnt start up. :angel:

Sorontar
05-02-04, 13:21
I usually tip about 1.5K per poke but of course this goes up when the TL goes up. I think this is a fair return as I am supplying the goo.

Now take a researcher into consideration who researches rares , he is paying up front himself in Res substance and has to do some manual giggling in his inventory for each rares. He is then offered 10k for his work after doing 6 rares ..............

Pokers don't have to risk their neck doing lab or factory runs as their custom comes to them mostly.

Missing out on the odd tip here and there doesn't sound too bad for what is essentially doing very little. Either advertise payment required or just add the person to a 'no poke' list.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 13:30
I didn't ever really charge.....tips are nice but that's all they are, tips.

Then again I'm always skint :D
Some people suprise me and give me a fairly decent tip but that rarely happens;
Pisses me off when people crouch and push you around while begging for pokes, a lot of the time if someone does that to me they can piss off :p

Sleawer
05-02-04, 13:38
Unless the person is a newb (or it is a very fast job) I ask always them to bring lube and cubes... and in no way I'm going to research their rares if they dont bring lube.

To be honest, I'm less bothered if people dont pay my resser for my services than my poker. My PE pokes TL-115, he's completely capped and when I do it's usually to get money for ammo or repairs.

My researcher on the other hand is not capped, altho he has a very nice ammount of research, and he gets a good deal of exp researching for others.

I'm not going to pay the costs of anyone, it's fair to me, I put the skill and they pay the costs and my time.

And I'm never rude, just take note of who is an ass and who isnt... of course I take that note on my ignore list ;)

kreal
05-02-04, 13:45
Originally posted by Forget My Name
I just poked a player Kreal on pluto, and he gave me 300k for 3 normal pokes, like bones and stuff.... I said wow, thanks for the huge tip, and he goes, 300k is huge?

Kreal, you is my nigga!!! I want to suck yoooos meat pole for good luck.

LOL i was just about to post the i like always give 300k or more for pokes. but you beat me to it =)

Because i know how hard you have it bla bla bla bla and more bla bla bla

:lol: i know i suck =)

s0apy
05-02-04, 13:52
personally, i think people who knock or abuse tradeskillers of any kind should "be quiet and go away", if you know what i mean. that goes double for pokers, since we need them most often.

i recently acquired a second account, so i probably won't be needing a poker ever again, but while i did i thought them the most wonderful, selfless and upstanding bunch of dudes and, more often that not, dudettes. there's nothing more comforting when you are stranded with no skills, no weapons, basically able to do jack, to hear the words "poking tl84" in local. that's worth 1000NC alone.