PDA

View Full Version : DEX based spy only armor

Netphreak
04-02-04, 23:32
Well the title says it really but to make things simple i decided why not give spies armor which is basically like monks armor.
Instead of requiring psi it requires DEX although the equivalent to holy spirit should be around 110 DEX.

What you think yes or no? do the poll give suggestions etc...

Also maybe the energy resist would need to be slightly lower than on the psi equivalent otherwise you could have a spy with 120 armor resists in all quite easy.

shodanjr_gr
04-02-04, 23:37
There is already a fucking post on the same subject. Use ur http://neocron.jafc.de/images/top_search.gif button, or just look further down the page to find it...

NS_CHROME54
04-02-04, 23:42
i say no. there shouldn't be dex armour. in fact, i think all natural armour should be constitution based.

spies aren't supposed to have good armour, they're supposed to have toys (stealth, good vehicles) whereas tanks get armour because they don't have the intelligence to use high-tech toys like that.

Netphreak
04-02-04, 23:45
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
There is already a fucking post on the same subject. Use ur http://neocron.jafc.de/images/top_search.gif button, or just look further down the page to find it...

Actually that post was talking about dex based armor for pe's

Netphreak
04-02-04, 23:48
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54

they're supposed to have toys (stealth, good vehicles) whereas tanks get armour because they don't have the intelligence to use high-tech toys like that.

OK i can see where your going with that but how come spies dont get a belt thats as good as a holy spirit belt? Basically a spy can only have one belt on at any given time, and to cap resist in the he would have to place all his spare con points into that resist therefore gimping resist to the others.

NS_CHROME54
04-02-04, 23:50
Originally posted by Netphreak
OK i can see where your going with that but how come spies dont get a belt thats as good as a holy spirit belt? Basically a spy can only have one belt on at any given time, and to cap resist in the he would have to place all his spare con points into that resist therefore gimping resist to the others.

live with it m8. you get the most weapons in the game and the funnest toys.

Netphreak
04-02-04, 23:54
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
live with it m8. you get the most weapons in the game and the funnest toys.

Wont disagree with the most weapons approach its just a pitty the only decent ones worth using a pe can use just as good.
First Love as much as i love using that weapon just sucks due to its damage being low for its TL and it constantly missing.
Disruptor is nice but its damage should be higher for a gun of this TL.

P.S what you mean the funniest toys? stealth and......?