PDA

View Full Version : silence, flashlight and laser pointer

DestructionUK
04-02-04, 22:51
ok i know their functions on face value but do they do anything beyond that. I know people say that the laser pointer either increases aiming/handling stats or helps close reticle faster but what abou the others?

cRazy2003
04-02-04, 22:52
flashlights makes things shiny and gives light lol
silence just muffles the noise and i think i heard it might add a little extra aiming or less recoil or something i cant remember

kurai
04-02-04, 23:38
There was a theory around for ages that silencers improved handling/recoil, although nothing was shown in weapon stats.
It was just one of those urban myths in the end - a bunch of us tested it extensively and showed zero change, other than the sound.
The distance at which the sound is detectable does not change either - it's just a different sample, played at a lower volume.

Similar tests were done for laser pointers ... the handling/accuracy/burst-hit-rate idea turned out to be an urban myth too.
It does, however, speed up reticle close time, but it's a very small effect - only really noticeable on something that has an extremely long close time in the first place
(laser cannons, or a low stat/low weapon lore rifle combo, for example).

Flashlight does nothing apart from the obvious.

KramerTheWeird
04-02-04, 23:57
AND THE FLASHLIGHT MELTS VAMPIRES!!!

reakktor, this game needs vampires. that melt from flashlights. yes.