PDA

View Full Version : Neofrag: who uses it

ezza
04-02-04, 22:49
like above, who uses it?

i go there often if my clan aint fighting or im not pking or leveling

but often i go there and no one there.

the best i managed to rustle up one time was about 15 people which was cool but laggy.

but normally im lucky to get anyone to go.

i have some exellent fights in there, but seems a lot of people dont go there.

often i see high level players standing around moaning there board, im like wtf come to neofrag its fun.

i spam a few channels, probebrly need to work the trade channel more:rolleyes:

but your lucky to get anyone, to night noone came, so my mate logged his judge PE on and dueled him a few times which was cool, but i mean come on people its fun in there.

and often its the same guys i see fighting all the time, i can pretty much name them(though i aint gonna)

i aint trying to challange people cos i think im the best cos i aint, i want to fight cos its fun(and it keeps me away from the noobs and the droms;) )

people who aint neofragged should come and try it.

its a good way to see if your setup sucks, you get pwned you know you gotta fix something, its not like you get owned outside, its safe for ya, no loss of item so you can keep at it, keep praticing.

maybe at some point you get good enough to give the baddest pkers/PvPers on the server a run for there money.

if people dont use neofrag just forces me to head on to the streets which i had to do before, 1 TS 1 DRE 1 TG and a CM(all in the OZ btw was busy tonight) now all those lives could of been spared if people had fough me in neofrag:p

Serpent
04-02-04, 22:51
i use it, but its bugged like hell........ one cs hit takes me arround 25 8|

cRazy2003
04-02-04, 22:51
i love neocron i always pop in on pluto wenever ive got nothing to do, although theres sometimes not many people there :p

Mr. Chainsaw
04-02-04, 22:53
I go there when I hear someone say they're fighting there. Otherwise I do my own thing, never just hang out in there waiting.

Kal
04-02-04, 22:53
nf is fun fow when you cant be asked with dying in pp1 or for practising without embarresing yourself infront of your enemies:p

also good for clan pvp practise as rez takes soooo damn looong

ezza
04-02-04, 22:54
Originally posted by Serpent
i use it, but its bugged like hell........ one cs hit takes me arround 25 8| it sseemed ok when ive been using it, damage seems normal dunno its is bugged but damage never seened to be one of em

cRazy2003
04-02-04, 22:56
it is bugged to absolute hell
i beat a level 60 tank using a x-ray cs in PP1 with my spy on pluto a while ago, then i faced him a while later in NF same level and same weapon and he killed me on 2 bursts o_O

Judge
04-02-04, 23:00
I know that SHIELD often go there, practicing duelling and shit. I will definitely be there to regain my skill once I return from work break.

DestructionUK
04-02-04, 23:01
i like nf but every time i die in there i have to relog

Harbodus
04-02-04, 23:02
All i have been doing lately is dueling in PP. I'm really starting to get my PE down now, before I was losing constantly and since my week of practice I was kicking ass last night. Beat pretty much everyone there, including Artricia and Kayne (we had back and forth battles all night, hats off). probably went like 20-10

Damn I gotta quit tooting my own horn. But its just so much better than anyone handing me my ass lol.

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 23:50
I use it. But it could do with some serious improvements. Too many bugs, not enough maps, and not enough options.

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 23:52
it seems to lag horribly .. nothing like 'normal' pvp sometimes .. people warp thru walls alot too cos its so complex

naimex
04-02-04, 23:53
i´m in neofrag most of my time....

only place i have 80 fps during combat.

Bl@zed
05-02-04, 00:06
i pwn the g0rt and the mayhemmike in it all the time
Neofrag = win :lol:

Drake6k
05-02-04, 00:23
I use it for duels all the time. It would be nice to have a weekly fight night event thing at Neofrag. Maybe every other day or something.

QuantumDelta
05-02-04, 00:32
With it's even-heavier-bias-towards-people-with-high-spec-machines-and-56k-modems compared to the rest of the game world and messed damage, and warpgasms, neofrag is one of the worst places you can possibly practise pvp in.

I did do so, however, and I did duel there, but if there was ever a free /bored PPU around I'd do the duels outside NF.

Dribble Joy
05-02-04, 00:34
It' shte only place I get above 10 fps during a fight, so I tend to go there a lot.

Clive tombstone
05-02-04, 00:36
Well, back to the question on who uses it, is well, my entire clan on urinus, and by "My clan" I mean the clan im in and not actually own (just clearing that up edge :D ) Anywho, we use NF as a training simulation to better ourselfs in PvP combat, soo its great practice place, even if it is buggy at times.

ezza
05-02-04, 01:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I use it. But it could do with some serious improvements. Too many bugs, not enough maps, and not enough options. yup does need improvement

hope they get to work on making it a fun place to go to.

eventually found some people to duel tonight, but my aim was a bit sucky, missing shots that on a normal day i would connect, gonna spend more time in there tomorrow me thinks, if i can drag the people in :D

as for FPS i turn all options down and i can get about 40-55 FPS normally

Clownst0pper
05-02-04, 02:11
Me Tuxy and Spank'd had a good sesh in there today..

Tuxy gave us a good kicking (his ability to break your legs instantly is scarey) But I came second and faired well against tuxy all the same.

Thankfully spank'd is now CS again and not using his poo devourer :D

Bl@zed
05-02-04, 02:14
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Me Tuxy and Spank'd had a good sesh in there today..

Tuxy gave us a good kicking (his ability to break your legs instantly is scarey) But I came second and faired well against tuxy all the same.

Thankfully spank'd is now CS again and not using his poo devourer :D

yeah, tuxy = l33t, but not as l33t as the Gh0st (me) :D

extract
05-02-04, 02:17
I use it. But it could do with some serious improvements. Too many bugs, not enough maps, and not enough options.

what bugs??? everyone says its bugged but I go there alot and havent had any problems other than the occasional crash when leaving NF........

g0rt
05-02-04, 02:30
i do occasionaly

i would alot MORE if it had some of these features:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87507

Rade
05-02-04, 02:30
Neofrag aint got nothing on the real deal. I wish there werent
any neofrag, I think we would see alot more real fights then.
Duels are boring but better than nothing.

Ascension
05-02-04, 02:33
I use NF :) it can be good fun... can sum 1 tell me why SD is copying Rades sig and ava please its goin ma head ino_O

Rade
05-02-04, 02:37
beats me asc, took me 5 mins last night to realise thats what he
had done, thought I had posted in my sleep again...

btw nice post count SD :P

ezza
05-02-04, 02:41
Originally posted by Rade
Neofrag aint got nothing on the real deal. I wish there werent
any neofrag, I think we would see alot more real fights then.
Duels are boring but better than nothing. well ya fighting out in the outside is great and that, but thing is its always just either ops fighting which aint the same, or me off pking/pvping people and normally someone will get the hits in first because the other person aint seen them or what ever, so you rarely get a even fight like in a duel situation.

personally that sig of yours wouldnt grace my sig space, yeah right like i want to see a tank going down to a PE pfhhh

ya all those ideas g0rt posted should be implamented

Rade
05-02-04, 03:02
Originally posted by ezza
well ya fighting out in the outside is great and that, but thing is its always just either ops fighting which aint the same, or me off pking/pvping people and normally someone will get the hits in first because the other person aint seen them or what ever, so you rarely get a even fight like in a duel situation.

personally that sig of yours wouldnt grace my sig space, yeah right like i want to see a tank going down to a PE pfhhh

ya all those ideas g0rt posted should be implamented

Well, last februari when the picture was taken there was quite a
different story with tanks and PEs. Ive kind of grown accustomed
to having it and Im not about to change it based on your
preferences sorry.

**edit: And as for PKing goes, if you stick around for long enough
they usually bring people out to get you, and thats when the fun
starts.

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 03:06
Originally posted by Rade

**edit: And as for PKing goes, if you stick around for long enough
they usually bring people out to get you, and thats when the fun
starts.

Unless they bring ppus to paraspam you and you can't stealth. :(

ezza
05-02-04, 03:15
Unless they bring ppus to paraspam you and you can't stealth. :( yup like shad said like him i cant stealth, dont use it on my tanks or PE, soon as the PPU comes its time to go, so my fun ends, unless i have a ppu of my own, which i prefere not to have tbh

and i didnt expect you to change it just for me, though would of been nice of ya:p

Rade
05-02-04, 03:15
Unless they bring ppus to paraspam you and you can't stealth. :(

Yeah, then I go to the forums and whine instead.

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 03:22
Originally posted by ezza
yup like shad said like him i cant stealth, dont use it on my tanks or PE, soon as the PPU comes its time to go, so my fun ends, unless i have a ppu of my own, which i prefere not to have tbh

My thoughts to a T

Drexel
05-02-04, 07:03
Ive found it very buggy,

People run throug walls,
lag 10 seconds behind where they really are,
ammo keeps reloading after only firing the first round,
Resists & armour seem to work differently to the outside world,
etc...

I wished to god it did work because I love it, & still use it anyway.

However we need some maps that represent the wastelands, I wanna practice in the enviroment where fuckers keep coming up & ganking me in the back while im hacking WB's, need some more practice in enviroments that represent 95% on Neocron.

Dissenter
05-02-04, 09:10
I go there sometimes, but again, its buggy as hell.

And theres always the chance of getting ganked on your way out with the long sync.

El Barto
05-02-04, 10:46
Its cos its bugged to ehll, but I still go there for some fun.

Netphreak
05-02-04, 11:52
There is usually plenty of people using neofrag on uranus which i usually join in to, but they do have a habbit of using deck 1 which is usually bugged to hell. Deck 5 works alot better i think. Also if you have a FFA with about 4+ people on the castle themed map its a good laugh. :D

ezza
05-02-04, 16:04
Originally posted by Dissenter
I go there sometimes, but again, its buggy as hell.

And theres always the chance of getting ganked on your way out with the long sync. i normally relog rather than exit

Organics
05-02-04, 16:23
I haven't tried it yet, but I have been meaning to. A bit low atm TBH :) APU rank is only around 38/39 or 40 so I think I'd get kicked :D PE is around the same, Tank around 35/36 so same story hehe.

Just a question, I assume you need LE out to take part? Or not? Would be cool if I could play with or without LE although I don't really mind if not :)

Once I get some decent resists in, I'll give it a go. Maybe beforehand actually, my APU is TT so he can go there safely(ish lol:D no guard ganks anyway) and I'll see who's about :)