PDA

View Full Version : New constructors tool

BiTeMe
04-02-04, 21:55
And here I present every constructors dream. The Neocron Construction Tool V1.0 !!

Neocron Constructors Tool (http://www.kcbex.co.uk/nc-cst.zip)

This program will give you the most made items is this game (taken from http://neocron.ems.ru) and then break the item down into components, component parts and chemicals. It will give you an estimated cost of building the item from chemicals but at this time it does not allow for the barter skill and it is approximate. (Shop prices differ)
You can also create a list of things to build and this will total up all items and chems.

Basics
This program is for the Microsoft Windows environment only.
This program works from text files that must be present.
This program needs a file that is already on most computers (MSVBVM60.DLL). If the program does not run install the VB6 runtime files available from the Microsoft website. I have yet to see a computer without this file on though. (No wise cracks about *nix or macs)
This program does not connect to the internet.
This program does not have any spyware or keyloggers.
This program has been written in a virus free environment and has also been scanned after compiling with 2 virus checkers (3 separate virus engines)
This program is beta, and is based on old information. I will not refund in game any cash lost though buying the wrong chemicals / parts based on the information in this program :)
The program was written quickly and the code is not pretty but it does the job. When I get more time I will make some improvements to the code.
This program does not provide any information about the items listed, just the parts needed to make them.
This program is in no way guaranteed and is still a beta. Although functional I can not be sure it does not have bugs although I have extensively tested the program on many computers and different environments.

Things to do
Evaluate the possibility of adding a character planner that is more accurate than the one most people use.
Evaluate the possibility of adding a planner for what base skill / weapon skill is needed to cap a weapons damage/frequency (probably just kept to rares) etc….
Add barter skill for more accurate estimated build costs.
Add cost of building from item parts and not just chemicals.
Add Ammo and construction mods for to the program if there is a demand for it.
Getting a decent skin so it doesn’t look so BORING/CRAP (delete as appropriate).

If you find any bugs, no matter how small then PLEASE Dm me with so I can fix them.
Just as important is how many people think this is usefull?

Give me feedback

sw1tch
04-02-04, 22:00
maybe its my interent, but, the link aint working for me :(

edit, ok working now, i';ll go have a tinker with it :D

Opar
04-02-04, 22:00
My friend.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE MESSIAH! ALL HAIL J00!!!

I love it, btw.

Max Jefferson
04-02-04, 22:09
Most excellent program dude, absolute lifesaver :)

sanityislost
04-02-04, 22:10
OMG good one u smart assed fucker :D

Judge
04-02-04, 22:13
Even though I'm not a constructor and don't have one it sure does look cool :)

FirestarXL
04-02-04, 23:01
That looks damn useful, thanks for posting it. :cool:

Spoon
04-02-04, 23:11
8|

Thx......

Oh, what about Anti-Gamma bones, are they constructable?

BiTeMe
04-02-04, 23:32
All info is taken from http://neocron.ems.ru and alot of that is out of date. I will check out the anti-gamma bones and add them to the text files if they can be made.
I am sure there is more stuff that is not included in the text files, so if you find any more list here so I can add them :)

Does anyone know of a website with more up to date information ???

Anti-Gamma bones can not be researched. Just tested

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 23:56
cool! nice one

ElfinLord
05-02-04, 00:14
I have been tossing around the idea to do something like this for some time I just have never had the time.

It looks very nice. I will most definitely use this.

I have to go work now, but I will check this out more extensively when I get home and let you know if I find any bugs.

Good job.

Psychoninja
05-02-04, 00:17
:eek:

I think i'm in heaven....

SorkZmok
05-02-04, 01:24
Very nice!

numb
05-02-04, 01:41
Originally posted by BiTeMe

Does anyone know of a website with more up to date information ???

Great job. And OH YES I know a site :)

http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/

It's in german, but easy enough to work out. Use it all the time :)

And it's much more up to date for stats etc, I believe even the last patch is in there.

BiTeMe
05-02-04, 09:51
Originally posted by numb
Great job. And OH YES I know a site :)

http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/

It's in german, but easy enough to work out. Use it all the time :)

And it's much more up to date for stats etc, I believe even the last patch is in there.

I have tried that website and alot of the information is incomplete. When I get some time I will compare that site with norcron.ems.ru to check I havn't missed anything.

XenivouS
05-02-04, 10:15
woot cool proggie, im liken it alot! I even like the break down of the chems and such!

Original monk
05-02-04, 10:19
extremely nice job i must say, very usefull, thanx alot :)

BiTeMe
05-02-04, 18:45
Updated the program so it now calculates the estimated cost of the parts aswell as the chemical prices.
Updated the program to include a customisable colour scheme.
All part prices are in a text file. If you always go to the same shop you can adjust the prices in the text file to give an accurate total of what you will pay. I will put the chemical prices in the same file for this purpose, or make prices adjustable though the GUI.

Now I am in need of some help.

Need more info on how barter skill REALLY affects prices. I obviously want to tie it to a mathematical equation i.e. (0 barter = 0% reduction in price paid, but every point gives 1% reduction in price and then calculate the extra barter from base intelligence) but I don't know if it is this simple.

Also I need turret recipes. My chars are skint and I can't afford to purchase 1 of each turret just to then make a BP so if any of you have them written down...please post here.. :)

I am reluctant to use the test server as a base for me to get this info as that's not what the test server is strictly for unless a GM gives me permission *hint* *hint*

When I get the turret information I will update the text files and upload the new version.

Also looking for suggestions on what I can add or change to make it more usefull.

ElfinLord
05-02-04, 21:03
About barter, unless it's changed:

Originally posted by Yashila
Barter: 0.03(3%) INT + 0.35(35%) BRT
I hope this helps a little. :)

Don't ask me how it works, though. I have no idea. :(

BTW, I got this info from here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=69477).

BiTeMe
05-02-04, 21:14
Yea, I got that far. I know alot of people have studdied resists and worked them out, just wondering if anyone has already done it for barter.

]v[ortice
07-02-04, 19:48
Nice one BM I will begin testing asap :)

StryfeX
07-02-04, 20:04
Nice job! I made a program like this for my calculator (TI-89; yes, I am a geek :p) but it's nice to have this as a Windows version.

--Stryfe

Endar
07-02-04, 20:06
OMFG!! This is what i have always needet! Thanks, i KNOW that this will REALLY help most constructors :D

Organics
07-02-04, 22:00
Ahhhhhh man YOU ROCK!!!!

This information kicks ASS for Constructors, and especially since I've got a noob Conster, it will be invaluable. Great work!!

5 stars, definitely :)

msdong
07-02-04, 22:24
absolutely cool tool !!!!

maybe you shoud work on colors or make colors customizeable :)

Sorin
07-02-04, 23:59
OMFG I am your bitch now! With as often as I build large batches of high TL items, this program is hot sex after a hard final. :D OMG thanks. Will save me a lot of paper :p

massic
08-02-04, 01:54
Check your recipes list again for boosters and such http://neocron.ems.ru/drugs.html

A B C are not Solantium, Meritum and Arillium as they are on other chem lists, they are Tiberal, Tripantol and Strastin.

PSI Booster 3 is Tib and Trip not Sol and Mert.

Other than that, SEX, This is such a great tool.

BiTeMe
08-02-04, 02:36
Originally posted by msdong
absolutely cool tool !!!!

maybe you shoud work on colors or make colors customizeable :)

The new version already has that :)
Still got a few changes to make before the next version.

@massic, gonna check that out and fix it for the next version.