PDA

View Full Version : Change raycannons!

Mr. Chainsaw
04-02-04, 19:50
I want raycannons to be more viable in pvp. I hate plasma cannons (yeah I said it!) they make really loud noises and they don't look as cool as raycannons. My idea? Make raycannons fire just like raypistols and rifles. Just a strait beam that does more damage up close and less far away. Tanks who want good AoE at a range just use rocket launchers anyway.

Cyphor
04-02-04, 20:00
i voted yes but just to add they already have weapons to use thats not the cursed soul for direct dmg, the ravenger and devourer ;) However the db isn't used enough atm so it would be good change.

Mr. Chainsaw
04-02-04, 20:05
Well, from what I gather from tank posts on this forum and from what I've seen in the game:

-Cursed Soul: Best all around tank weapon, good for most situations
-Ravager: Best tank gun for long range, very accurate
-Devourer: Best for very close range, and can eat through alot of con setups
-Moon Striker: Used mostly in outpost wars for long range

I prefer the way rayguns look and operate, as the cannons are now they are only used in leveling.

Organics
04-02-04, 20:09
And not even that much in leveling, TBH I prefer a Rocket Launcher.

*votes Yes*

A straight out damage for RayCannons would be much better, rather than AoE for Raycannons AND FusionCannons.

Lethys
04-02-04, 20:13
I think they should leave an Energy Barrel effect for about 5 seconds after hitting.

Scikar
04-02-04, 21:05
Make it direct fire like other ray weapons. We don't need any more AoE than Moon Striker anyway, Malediction is a plus. Doom Beamer with AoE is a waste of time, even if it has a 5 sec barrel effect it's not worth getting 115 STR for.

Mr. Chainsaw
04-02-04, 21:20
w00t, people actually agree with me. Honestly, I don't want a new, uber weapon, just turning a semi-useless weapon into a useful one.

QuantumDelta
04-02-04, 21:34
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
w00t, people actually agree with me. Honestly, I don't want a new, uber weapon, just turning a semi-useless weapon into a useful one. As opposed to fixing;

Wyatt Earp.
First Love.
Redeemer.
Holy Catharsis.
Catharsis.
Slot Enhancers.
Silent Hunter.
Holy Pestilence.
Holy Thunderstorm.
Holy Firestorm.
Thunderbolt.
Electric Tempest.
Holy Paralysis (Yea yea I know).
Thunderstorm.
Crahn Antibuff.

o_O

jernau
04-02-04, 21:40
Pro - would remove the inconsistency between the various Ray weapons.

Con - If it had cannon-level damage but aimed like the pistols/rifle rayguns do it would be massively overpowered.

Psycho Killa
04-02-04, 21:43
Id just rather see them make it a worthwhile aoe.

Theres already gat cannons plasma cannons laser cannons and flamers why do u need more direct fire?

Scikar
04-02-04, 23:47
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
As opposed to fixing;

Wyatt Earp.
First Love.
Redeemer.
Holy Catharsis.
Catharsis.
Slot Enhancers.
Silent Hunter.
Holy Pestilence.
Holy Thunderstorm.
Holy Firestorm.
Thunderbolt.
Electric Tempest.
Holy Paralysis (Yea yea I know).
Thunderstorm.
Crahn Antibuff.

o_O

Do them all at the same time.

Take the freezers out all together. Fix spies, that fixes the FL (nothing wrong with it as a weapon). Do something with fusion rifles, I don't know what, but having them deal max damage at a range beyond the clipping plane is stupid. Reduce the mana cost and increase the RoF of Holy Catharsis and aim it at PPUs. Aim Antibuff and Catharsis at hybrids. Boost SH damage a bit more, increase range on rare barrels and remove push effect from Holy Thunderstorm. Remove the freezers altogether. And make slot enhancers drop whole.

I think most people can agree on all of those points, but they are not the issue here. Just as there have been individual threads on all of those weapons at one time or another, this is the thread about Doom Beamer. Nobody said fix DB at the expense of anything else.

shodanjr_gr
04-02-04, 23:50
Id love to see a PvP version of malediction. I couldnt care less about the doombeamer but the malediction is my favorite tank weapon (heck i love that damage!!!!!).