PDA

View Full Version : Solution To The Locked Slot/Quickbelt/Carebares/Gankers Problem

Mingerroo
04-02-04, 18:52
I think we should get rid of belts and go back to plain old item drops.

We should also keep the locked slot, although this no longer means you don't drop this item, it just means you drop this item in a very high hack TL belt.

That way, you CAN lose weapons and you CAN gain weapons from PvP, but you CAN'T lose your rare weapon to some passing newb.

Not sure how well recieved this one will be, vote if you please :D

Steve

[edit]The abstain is there so that those who don't want to vote either way can at least vote, allowing me to put together a decent record of total views, votes yes and votes no.

Mingerroo
04-02-04, 18:54
Whoever voted no in 15 seconds could you please post why perhaps?

Steve

Sefran
04-02-04, 18:55
If u havnt noticed there is a similar thread about this.

Cad
04-02-04, 18:55
I'd rather keep the belt drops, I dont wanna go back to stocking my quickbelt up with wires and steel pipes so that I dont drop anything valuble. (we all did it and you know it)

Mingerroo
04-02-04, 19:00
No, you miss my point Cad :)

The same drop rules as now, anything from your inventory that is worth something has a chance to drop... Only this time it drops raw as it were, without the QB... as well as this, you CAN drop your locked slot, it just drops in a high TL belt.

[edit]That thread is a completely different idea :rolleyes:

Steve

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 19:04
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89831

my thread about this...kinda similar to your...sorta...:D

Mingerroo
04-02-04, 19:06
Your idea is similar :) And I kind of like it a lot actually.. .except the victor should still have to hack if the dropped item was the locked slot. :D

Steve

naimex
04-02-04, 19:07
no... just no..

I was there back when item dropped to ground and all that.. i was there when you dropped different items in different backpacks.. and had to find like 10 backpacks to get all your stuff..

I was there when items dropped both into quickbelt and into different backpacks..

now we have belts where you can drop anything but epic stuff and the 1st slot in qb..

leave it that way.

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 19:09
id say no and the reason is this.....

this is goin tobe my crusade, and im goin to bitch untill sometin like this is put in the game

QUOTE my self
"i would agree with a no safe slot, if it will requires hacking, and if the SL system drop is fixed or changed.......

instead of droping 5 items a red SL runner will drop the highest tl

and in that case no need to hack, or a random item but still without hacking, but only the -16 down SL runner

the rest no safe slot one item drop and hacking required, and maybe acording with the SL u have...

Lets say :

50 SL - one safe slot
100 SL - 2 safe slots
150 SL - 3 safe slots and so on.

-15 to + 49 - random drop no safe slot, hacking required.
- 16 below - highest tl item or random drop. no hacking required

u want more balance then this"

nuff said

kthxbye

Cad
04-02-04, 19:09
A better idea would be that you can insure a maximum of 10 items so that they will never drop, anything that you dont insure will drop in your quickbelt or on floor, whichever. Insurance should be extremely expensive too as everyone seems to have cash flowing out of their nostrils. Cost = dependant on TL, Rare, and Slots. (And before u PPUs bitch and moan, i am a PPU and wouldnt mind this system). But thats my idea.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 19:10
Ming...I wasn't planning on the locked slot dropping...haha...but I kinda like that idea...though I know no one will go for it really...shit...I didn't think mine was that far off from the current system and enough people aren't going for it...haha

naimex
04-02-04, 19:11
Originally posted by Devils Grace
id say no and the reason is this.....

this is goin tobe my crusade, and im goin to bitch untill sometin like this is put in the game

QUOTE my self
"i would agree with a no safe slot, if it will requires hacking, and if the SL system drop is fixed or changed.......

instead of droping 5 items a red SL runner will drop the highest tl

and in that case no need to hack, or a random item but still without hacking, but only the -16 down SL runner

the rest no safe slot one item drop and hacking required, and maybe acording with the SL u have...

Lets say :

50 SL - one safe slot
100 SL - 2 safe slots
150 SL - 3 safe slots and so on.

-15 to + 49 - random drop no safe slot, hacking required.
- 16 below - highest tl item or random drop. no hacking required

u want more balance then this"

nuff said

kthxbye

as you say.. then the SL thing has got to be fixed.. cuz no matter how much SL you have even if you have above +100

it drops to or below 0 from 1 kill

Mingerroo
04-02-04, 19:14
I really don't give a crap about any of this except for one thing. The no-drop for non-epic items rule.

The locked slot is the lamest thing ever, because there is no fear of losing my 5 slot rare, or satisfaction gaining somebody else 5 slot rare.

With no item drops in warzones you'd think people wouldn't mind, the main reason ganking has increased so much is taht they don't get punished severely enough for getting caught.

Take away an item of theirs... They buy another one.
Take away their gun? They can't come back for a while/think about it more.

I don't mind keeping belts, I don't mind keeping some form of locked slot (i.e. reduced drop chance, not impossible). But it is just naff to have so many "protect my uber weapon" settings :(

Steve

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 19:17
Originally posted by naimex
as you say.. then the SL thing has got to be fixed.. cuz no matter how much SL you have even if you have above +100

it drops to or below 0 from 1 kill

thats the price u pay for beeing a bad boy, and if u dont go killing allies or neutrals (means beeing a good boy ) u dont have nottin to worry about....

in the other hand bad boys will be punished....

of course there are sometimes u have to kill allied and neutrals but if they do that means that they are negative therefore u dont loose SL unless its hunting grounds (what the hell u doin there)

of course somehow i also agree with u

they could put like this aswell

acording to the SL u have u will lose SL lets say :

100 above = 1 kill 15 SL hit
50 to 100 = 1 kill 30 SL hit
49 to - 16 = the sytem we have now

could change somethings

but the idea is there

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 19:19
Originally posted by Mingerroo
I really don't give a crap about any of this except for one thing. The no-drop for non-epic items rule.

The locked slot is the lamest thing ever, because there is no fear of losing my 5 slot rare, or satisfaction gaining somebody else 5 slot rare.

With no item drops in warzones you'd think people wouldn't mind, the main reason ganking has increased so much is taht they don't get punished severely enough for getting caught.

Take away an item of theirs... They buy another one.
Take away their gun? They can't come back for a while/think about it more.

I don't mind keeping belts, I don't mind keeping some form of locked slot (i.e. reduced drop chance, not impossible). But it is just naff to have so many "protect my uber weapon" settings :(

Steve

then read my idea

naimex
04-02-04, 19:19
thats the price u pay for beeing a bad boy, and if u dont go killing allies or neutrals (means beeing a good boy ) u dont have nottin to worry about....

in the other hand bad boys will be punished....

of course there are sometimes u have to kill allied and neutrals but if they do that means that they are negative therefore u dont loose SL unless its hunting grounds (what the hell u doin there)

of course somehow i also agree with u

they could put like this aswell

acording to the SL u have u will lose SL lets say :

100 above = 1 kill 15 SL hit
50 to 100 = 1 kill 30 SL hit
49 to - 16 = the sytem we have now

could change somethings

but the idea is there

Me no bad boy.. I killed hostiles.. I took SL drop.. in anarchy zone..

+38 to -7 for killing 1 single hostile runner rank 3x/xx in an anarchy zone.. in self defense too.

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 19:21
Originally posted by naimex
Me no bad boy.. I killed hostiles.. I took SL drop.. in anarchy zone..

+38 to -7 for killing 1 single hostile runner rank 3x/xx in an anarchy zone.. in self defense too.

u dont loose SL killing enemies in anarchy zones

if that hapend u should conctat a GM, kuz that its a bug

naimex
04-02-04, 19:23
u dont loose SL killing enemies in anarchy zones

if that hapend u should conctat a GM, kuz that its a bug

didnt want to bother them for it.. you get SL for killing mobs anyways.. takes like a day or two to get back to +38..

but I felt kinda screwed not being allowed to kill hostiles in anarchy.

hoping it got fixed along with the team SL thing.. havent killed anyone since so dont know.

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 19:28
theres no such thing as SL team thingy, unless its a bug...

and u ARE ALOWED to KILL ENEMIES in an ANRCHY ZONE without loosing SL