PDA

View Full Version : Look Please People of Pluto

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 15:57
Ok...I was looking on another dudes thread...and I had started taking his idea and kinda changing it to my own ideas...so I wanted to post this for the people of pluto...as that's my server...so please vote on this and maybe discuss it a bit if you're from Pluto

As it stands now, if you engage in PvP of any sort and don't have hacking you get no reward, other than you can walk away...so my idea is to give a reward to those who win in combat...Keep the safe slot, keep the quickbelt drop...add this...when the quickbelt drops...it is openable by, naturally, the dead person but also, for one minute, it is openable freely by the victor and hackable by anyone else with hacking...this would give a bit more meaning, overall, to combat...belts would drop in all places, including warzones...naturally clans that communicate before combat could set it up so no one takes belts etc...but I think this would be a good addition, that I would like to see instigated atleast on pluto, and give a bit more meaning and reward to PvP

If you like it please give it some stars

nugz420
04-02-04, 16:04
That'd be cool. I'm down for more rewards for pvp with out hack skill.

Strych9
04-02-04, 16:05
I am for it of course, but here are my predictions:

1. "Whah, this removes the value of Hack!!! Yes, I am ignoring the impending Hacknet and the role of Hack in taking ops."

2. "Whah, I dont want to love my stuff so easily. This is a hardcore cyberpunk PvP game, but I want my stuff safe!!!"

3. "I am a monk, and its not fair that I have to carry so much valuable stuff and others dont. Your idea will just make that disparity even bigger."

Okay, the whines have been pre-empted. Woot!

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 16:06
c'mon peoples...plz discuss it a bit...especially if you're gonna vote no...I'd like to know why you're against it

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of too in a way too Strych...that's why I put the time limit on it...I was thinking 30seconds...but most people like to start healing after a battle...so I put 1 min...but 30seconds wouldn't be too bad...I think it's a good idea...that potentially could help the economy of the server

darkservent
04-02-04, 16:13
As said drops in warzones is a must. And im speakin from a spies point of view who are weak and prone to gettin ganked. So who cares lets hear ur view. Cmon u NDA SXR FF SPIRIT BRTF wot u all say to this.

darkservent
04-02-04, 16:21
But also the drop rates on rares should be increased slightly as to compensate the losses and give less importance to rares

Furion
04-02-04, 16:22
imo thats how it should have been since the belts got introduced....

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 16:24
only thing is with that DS...I don't think that would make the importance of rares any less or any more...I think that would do very little to change the way things are now...just people would have a load of backups

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 16:25
I say a definite yes, despite the fact that I personally would have no bonus from it. It just adds a bit of thrill to it, it'd take away my usual "Whoo, I got PKed, well I have 100 soullight* so it's not like they can hack my belt anyway." feeling.

*Yes, I'm a droner with 100 soullight, fear my mad skillz.

darkservent
04-02-04, 16:28
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I say a definite yes, despite the fact that I personally would have no bonus from it. It just adds a bit of thrill to it, it'd take away my usual "Whoo, I got PKed, well I have 100 soullight* so it's not like they can hack my belt anyway." feeling.

thrill is wot we need in the game.

kurai
04-02-04, 16:40
Personally I'm not overly bothered by the current belt-drop rules.

I don't really want everyone elses second hand crap - I'm quite happy keeping my own gear, thanks.

I'm in it for the kill, not as an excercise in trash collection.

Incidentally ...
"Whoo, I got PKed, well I have 100 soullight* so it's not like they can hack my belt anyway." An OP hack capable spy generally has few problems with an SL 100 belt.

wolfwood
04-02-04, 16:44
NO, All it would do is increse pking on Pluto and I had enough pking when i was lvling. Maybe if the victor got some kind of money reward or something else.

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 16:47
if you crash your still gonna lose your shit.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 16:47
money is the one thing this game doesn't need more of being handed out...considering 1-3 people can make almost the max amount of cash in about an hour if they're productive...cash is definately not at a loss

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 16:49
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
if you crash your still gonna lose your shit.

the same thing can happen now...all I'm prosing that is different is to actually give the victor, whether he has hacking or not a chance to claim his reward...anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds...it's not that big of a change

edit: sorry for the double post

ZoneVortex
04-02-04, 16:52
i like it but i'd have to say i'd rather not have belt drops in warzones since OP fights are only fun because you don't already have to worry about losing an item, and no one ever cares in an OP fight that you don't get loot...just go gank someone in pepper park if that's what you're after

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 16:54
Zone...I wasn't thinking about Op battles particularly when I said in warzones...I was thinking more along the lines of people zone hopping just to become safe seconds before dying

Just so people know...I don't care about rares or loot really in general...Like I said in the thread that gave me this idea...I'd like to see other non-rare weapons made more viable for pvp and I'd like to see a lot less importance taken off of rares as a whole...I don't go around killing people and I don't really care what people drop unless, perhaps, it was someone I was taking revenge on

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 16:57
kill them before they go into the warzone .. or just be happy you got em .. dont get belt rules changed cos your greedy

darkservent
04-02-04, 17:01
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
kill them before they go into the warzone .. or just be happy you got em .. dont get belt rules changed cos your greedy

As stated in the other thread abt loosin the safe slots - there is no blood thirst or revenger over PvP or PKin. Just u loosin a sumthin precious only makes it even more thrillian to hunt down the person that did it. ATM when i play the game i dont give a crap abt wheather i die or get PKed thats the dam problem.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 17:04
you...uh...you don't really pay attention there do ya Psycho...what part of I don't really care about what they drop, or loot, or rares didn't you grasp...this has nothing to do with greed...has nothing to do with me wanting someone elses gear...it has to do with giving a reward to the victor in combat should they choose to take it...in my opinion many aspects of this game have become soft...not due to the devs...but due to many of the players not wanting to lose this or that and just general things of that nature...risk is primarily what cyber-punk has to deal with...and doing what one must to survive

Lestard
04-02-04, 17:15
Originally posted by darkservent
As stated in the other thread abt loosin the safe slots - there is no blood thirst or revenger over PvP or PKin. Just u loosin a sumthin precious only makes it even more thrillian to hunt down the person that did it. ATM when i play the game i dont give a crap abt wheather i die or get PKed thats the dam problem.

fully agree, so a big YES !! btw. I am a hacker, but there really is no big deal dying in this game.
I miss the time, where you had to be vigilant all the time.

petek480
04-02-04, 17:25
I kinda want belt rules to be changed. I used to love to pk and would go all the time but now i'm bored of it. When someone asks if I want to go pk I usually don't feel like it now becuase theres no point to really killing anyone. I hardly have someone that can hack around so killing someone doesnt mean anything to me really.

Strych9
04-02-04, 17:29
Plus, as I advocated in my thread about removing safeslots and having drops, having an item drop would also make a higher level runner a more promising target.

And anything that has people attacking runners their own level or higher instead of ganking noobs is a good thing.

darkservent
04-02-04, 17:32
Originally posted by petek480
I kinda want belt rules to be changed. I used to love to pk and would go all the time but not i'm bored of it. When someone asks if I want to go pk I usually don't feel like it now becuase theres no point to really killing anyone. I hardly have someone that can hack around so killing someone doesnt mean anything to me really.

You hear it from the crackhead himself. Though Im more into the revenge aspect of it and the blood rush. And when i mean blood rush, as a spy im talkin abt runnin for my life.

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 17:51
Well as long as ANY one item can drop then its fair.

By this I mean implants also worn or otherwise.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 17:53
I was thinking any item in a quickslot, in the invo, or armor...things not able to drop would be in teh safeslot and anything implanted at the time of death

MjukisDjur
04-02-04, 17:53
Yes, saw the idea in the other thread and its actually very good. I wouldnt mind this.

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 18:05
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
I was thinking any item in a quickslot, in the invo, or armor...things not able to drop would be in teh safeslot and anything implanted at the time of death

Hmm, so its not exactly risk free then?

So you can still bring an APU with all int in psi use, no hack skill nerfing his combat, no risk to him to drop his psi core or DS. No risk to drop his HL in first slot ?

But he kills a PPU and gets free loot of his 5 slot holy shelter or holy heal.

That sounds real fair in risk versus reward and all that.

Sounds then just like u want it easier for certain classes to gank than others.

Like I said, if ANYTHING can drop then its fair, otherwise its just making life even easier for pure PvP gank chars using their safeslot killing spells or weapons.

Drake6k
04-02-04, 18:09
No, I hack.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 18:10
back when things actually dropped on open ground, without a belt (judging by your register date, lifewaster, I'm assuming you weren't around then...maybe you were) I think implanted things were safe from drop if I recall...which make sense if you think about it...you would have to clean blow a part of the body to nothing but the bone, or in the case of the head, to nothing for the implanted thing to drop...and plz go back up and read a bit what I said...I'm not into making anything easier to get for anyone...I'm into giving the victor some real sense of a reward, for every victor...when doy comes out there's going to be very few safe zones...if a PPU wants to run around in non-safe areas alone he's taking the risk of getting jumped and probably killed...it's the same risk anyone takes running around alone...I'm not trying to punish anyone with this idea

I hack too Drake...where's the valid reasoning?

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 18:15
I'm not into making anything easier to get for anyone...I'm into giving the victor some real sense of a reward, for every victor...

Yes well your not considering that in order to be more likeley to be a victor, you tend to not want to put points in hack.

Nor do you consider that some classes have a far easier time being victors while still havign no risk to themselves due to usign a single first slot weapon and relying on implants to boost their PvP skills.

IMO any item that is playing an active role in your ability to win (ie DS/HL/DEv) should have an equal chance to be lost if you lose.

That is if you want to be entitled to loot off your victim.

darkservent
04-02-04, 18:16
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Hmm, so its not exactly risk free then?

So you can still bring an APU with all int in psi use, no hack skill nerfing his combat, no risk to him to drop his psi core or DS. No risk to drop his HL in first slot ?

But he kills a PPU and gets free loot of his 5 slot holy shelter or holy heal.

That sounds real fair in risk versus reward and all that.

Sounds then just like u want it easier for certain classes to gank than others.

Like I said, if ANYTHING can drop then its fair, otherwise its just making life even easier for pure PvP gank chars using their safeslot killing spells or weapons.

this idea of implants is not realistic. and by the looks of it ur more in it for the loot i would say. If thats the case then there are ppl who carry more than 1 rare in there belts other than PPUs or APUs. I myself carry oblit and thunderstorm (yes i now its shit but i carry it for a reason) Tanks can tend to carry 2 different CSs if they dont have a multislotted. Dropping implants that are in ur body is v unrealistic. Wot the point of this thread is to create a balance between the way it use to be b4 QBs and safe slots were introduced and the way it is now. For me alone i would still wanna protect my oblit and thats where the thrill can be. Also remember that tools like stealth 3 arnt easy for SOME ppl to buy, were not all rich, or even a PA thats worth 300k. So theres definatly no need to for implants to drop anyway.

darkservent
04-02-04, 18:19
Yes well your not considering that in order to be more likeley to be a victor, you tend to not want to put points in hack.

Nor do you consider that some classes have a far easier time being victors while still havign no risk to themselves due to usign a single first slot weapon and relying on implants to boost their PvP skills.

IMO any item that is playing an active role in your ability to win (ie DS/HL/DEv) should have an equal chance to be lost if you lose.

That is if you want to be entitled to loot off your victim.

yes a stealth tool!!

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 18:24
Anyway, this all doensnt even matter much thanks to LE hacking.

Ppl can still bring an LE char along for hacking belts, then loot then once its been opened by the LE.

Is this ever going to be changed btw ?

Vila
04-02-04, 18:24
the idea would be great, but the hackers would loose their position to open these belts, and that would mean the hackers would not be so important.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 18:25
Life, where as some people have easier ways to kill...others have easier ways to escape...think like this...if things were to go with this, it would definately make stealths more important...Spies would have the upper hand with those...pe's could use whatever stealth is it we can use these days, also though PE's can hold their own against most classes...APU's can deal a good amount of dmg, though I don't know what a well set up one can pull off to be honest...PPU's got their shields/buffs and can run if the need be...spies can use stealth, and a well set up one could possibly win against some classes...everyone's got a chance man...everyone's got the gear to do what needs to be done...and you also need to remember it comes down to player skill and set ups a lot too...I for one am pure shit in PvP...but something like this would make me strive to be much better

edit pt 1: life...LE characters can't hack belts dude...least not on pluto O_o Unless something I haven't heard about happened....

edit pt 2: Vila, hacking will always be important in this game, belts are minor in importance...also with hacknet actually coming I think hacking will be MUCH more important to the game than it is now, even with the belts

darkservent
04-02-04, 18:30
Originally posted by Vila
the idea would be great, but the hackers would loose their position to open these belts, and that would mean the hackers would not be so important.

Thats not quite tru with DOY comin. As stated the victor has wot 30 secs to open it freely after which it has to be hacked. In the OP war sense the winnin clan will need the hackers to open the belts that are left over. In the sense of PVP then its up to the victor to take it if they want unless the victor got ganked(by the vicems mates) really quickly as soon as he killed his victam.

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 18:34
Life, where as some people have easier ways to kill...others have easier ways to escape...think like this...if things were to go with this, it would definately make stealths more important...Spies would have the upper hand with those...pe's could use whatever stealth is it we can use these days, also though PE's can hold their own against most classes...APU's can deal a good amount of dmg, though I don't know what a well set up one can pull off to be honest...PPU's got their shields/buffs and can run if the need be...

Your not taking the point at all. The fact is with a safeslot, and safe implants.....an APU/Tank can choose to go ganking with absolutely NO RISK. And still have a GOOD chance to win.
True they only have a single weapon in this case, but its still good enough to win.

The whole concept of risk versus reward is out the window.

edit pt 1: life...LE characters can't hack belts dude...least not on pluto O_o

LE's CAN hack belts, they just cant loot them, but the belt is open to be looted after they have hacked it. So, you can load up your LE hacker on a second account and have him open the belts you just ganked then loot them yourself.

lullysing
04-02-04, 18:38
The main problem with hacking is that it's a generaly flavorless skill : appart from the occasionaly hackdoor when you are exploring, there is no incentive to become a hacker.

In fact, being a hacker is being someone else's bitch, especially if you're in a clan, because the MOMENT you let it known you're a hacker, people are always calling you everywhere because they gotta break barrier two, because of this, because of that.

You're being bossed around by other people that view you as a commodity, and appart from warbies ( which have been adjusted to the point that tanks can hack them now) and belts, there is no point to have a qualified hacker around.

Belts on the other hand make it that suddenly a hacker can make a little kaching. Belts make it that suddenly, having a friend that can hack for shit becomes important.

You want your loot? HIRE a hacker. Buy the service for which you decided that you would not learn, just like you pay constructors or researchers.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 18:40
Your not taking the point at all. The fact is with a safeslot, and safe implants.....an APU/Tank can choose to go ganking with absolutely NO RISK. And still have a GOOD chance to win.
True they only have a single weapon in this case, but its still good enough to win.

The whole concept of risk versus reward is out the window.

Dude...I remember before the drop got changed...a WHOLE lot of tanks used to get pissed about dropping thier PA...they have that risk...and a lot of tanks also carry a couple guns on them...so they'd have a chance to lose 1 gun...

Mr. Chainsaw
04-02-04, 18:41
I agree with lullysing. I'm tired of venturing into the deep forgotten depths of the city, fighting off hordes of nasties, discovering an old box in the ruins, hacking it and getting....

a piece of glass and some metal pipes

El_MUERkO
04-02-04, 18:43
I'm a PE, with my setup right now I'm risk loosing my Stealth 2, PA4 and some decent sloted spells, its not the end of the world for me but as pointed out by people some have more to loose than others.

I like the system at present, especially in op wars where everyone can bring all thier favourite stuff at minimal risk. The reward is the op itself adn the advantages that bring to your clan and its allies.

I dont think people need an extra incentive to have op wars and with the amount of PKing, Ganking, PP battles, Outzone fights, MB attacks that go on I dont think people need any more reason to PvP anywhere for any reason.

In fact i think its quiet the opposite, most of the fighting is either on zone lines cause no one wants to loose or its by teams who dont hang around to fight their dead enemies reinforcements. No one likes to loose and the more people have to loose the less they'll fight fair making the game more and more frustrating for those not willing to resort to 'any means nesscessary'.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 18:48
El_MUERkO proves a point I wanted to make earlier...people are getting to soft for this game...they want it to be safer...this is supposed to be a dangerous, uncertain setting where you can die in an instant if you don't look before you cross...there's no real sense of loss at death...death in this game has no meaning, and often winning has no real reward...why PvP...I see more unopened belts lying around because no one cares enough to take the time to open them and apparently a lot of people don't lose anything important enough to go back for them...where the hell is the loss or the reward...it's pointless killing and a meaningless death...the game is stagnant and complacent...it needs to be spiced up and give atleast killing a point

I wanted to make sure people see this::
---------------------------
One thing that bothers me about some of the responces in this thread and the other one...People look at it like hackers are gonna lose something to do...I want to make this plenty clear...I'm wanting to give about 30 SECONDS for the victor to claim his reward...at most 60 seconds...if you're fighting multiple people...you're damn well gonna miss your chance...and the VICTOR and the DEAD PERSON are the only ones who can freely open the belt...and the victor has a very short time...hackers will still be needed in many occasions...and they will still be needed for ops...and in a few months with doy hackers will be needed for hacknet...hackers are not being made less important

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 18:52
Dude...I remember before the drop got changed...a WHOLE lot of tanks used to get pissed about dropping thier PA...they have that risk...and a lot of tanks also carry a couple guns on them...so they'd have a chance to lose 1 gun...

Beh tank pa is just a Gr to MB and a bit of cash to replace.

And stop telling me tanks used two carry 2 guns, and tell me what the tank that goes in PP to gank carries nowadays, I'm pretty sure he carries either a Dev or a CS or melee weapon in slot one, and NOTHING else or serious value. Oh yeah he also get a second epic gun that CANNOT drop.

And the monk that goes in there? he carries a HL in slot one.

If these guys die, they may at worst drop their PA easily replaced, or normally will drop only a psi booster.

Sometimes in a strong team they may carry an extra rare, antibuff etc, but only having judged the risk worthwhile.

You cannot tell me that these guys who normally go in solo with a single rare in slot one are risking much at all, yet are still capable of killing ppl.

You want hard core, then get rid of safeslot and protected implants, then only will your statement be true regarding each class having its different strsngths and weaknesses.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 18:58
You're not getting it are you Life...I'm seeking a balance between the old and the current...people didn't want the old...and I don't want the current...look at the other post and you can see xactly how much they want a very xtreme change to things...I'm trying to find a new balance that can make more people happy...there has to be limitations on what can be taken from you on death...to keep everyone happy...I'm not trying to be hardcore, I'm trying to make PvP more xciting and rewarding...with the removal of safe zones it won't be "going in somewhere to gank" it'll be everywhere you go you're a damn target...if you travel alone you'll be dead...put some risk and reward to that...you won't be able to just run in for a quick killing...because they'll be able to follow you out and you really won't be running in from anywhere safe

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 19:04
You're not getting it are you Life...I'm seeking a balance between the old and the current...people didn't want the old...and I don't want the current...look at the other post and you can see xactly how much they want a very xtreme change to things...I'm trying to find a new balance that can make more people happy...there has to be limitations on what can be taken from you on death...to keep everyone happy...I'm not trying to be hardcore, I'm trying to make PvP more xciting and rewarding...with the removal of safe zones it won't be "going in somewhere to gank" it'll be everywhere you go you're a damn target...if you travel alone you'll be dead...put some risk and reward to that...you won't be able to just run in for a quick killing...because they'll be able to follow you out and you really won't be running in from anywhere safe

"if you travel alone you'll be dead...put some risk and reward to that..."

I dont understand your inability to see this over and over , WHERE is the risk to the APU or TANK who carries a single rare weapon in slot one ?????????????????????????????

He'll be dead ? whoopie do...what is he gonna drop that compares to a multi-million costing spell that a PPU has to carry ?

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 19:08
You're a PPU aren't you...you have to be...you've been focusing only on that the entire time...step outside your box and look at the whole picture...if you're going down to every apu/tank/spy/pe...you're doing something wrong...and what makes you think that APU's only carry one spell? and what makes you think that tanks carry only one gun...I as a PE will be carrying 2 guns...and lib and a judge...I'm willing to take the risk...I know a LOT of people who carry multiple weapons...and I know hybrids/apus who carry a lot more than one spell...stop being selfish and look a the whole picture...there are a lot of people who aren't PPU who take a risk...they're not the only class...PPU's have the xact same risk now xcept with my idea you the winner will have about 30seconds to decide if he wants to take the quickbelt or leave it

darkservent
04-02-04, 19:10
For the last time it doesnt make no sense at all wotsoever if protected implants to drop. Thats unrealistic and and just plain stupid.

Secondly in DOY ulll be able to draw ur weapon in P1 or neocron for the fact but the amount of cops around, ull be lucky to get a shot. Now lets say u get a shot in plaza 1 where the tradin is happenin and u do kill a person, a belt is gonna drop and ppl will rumble over that belt to hack it. Wot makes a belt drop in a warzone any different from plaza 1.

WHERE is the risk to the APU or TANK who carries a single rare weapon in slot one ?????????????????????????????

U assume that APUs and tanks carry 1 rare only which is wrong IMO.

Lifewaster
04-02-04, 19:13
Meh I'm outa this thread, I'm sick of saying the same thing to a brick wall.

You want free loot , but you dont want to risk your own slot 1 items in return.
Hell , you dont even want to have to invest points in hack.

You want carebare gankacron, with the carebears doing the ganking protected by slot 1.

darkservent
04-02-04, 19:14
Meh I'm outa this thread, I'm sick of saying the same thing to a brick wall.

You want free loot , but you dont want to risk your own slot 1 items in return.
Hell , you dont even want to have to invest points in hack.

You want carebare gankacron, with the carebears doing the ganking protected by slot 1.

If u really wanna loose a safeslot then go down a bit to the thread regardin safeslots. Its clear that ur in the wrong thread.

Radamez
04-02-04, 19:21
Voted no,

just asking for gank-o-cron.

darkservent
04-02-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Radamez
Voted no,

just asking for gank-o-cron.

OOO ur a essex player. Im a chingfordian player.

MegaCorp
04-02-04, 19:30
Nah, penalizes monks and rewards ganking. So i am against it.

Secondarilly, it pretty much ensures you always lose the item dropped since a only few seconds is needed to open a belt and grab the item; sure there will be exceptions, but i figure only rarely will the victor not be able to get the item. The current system gives you a chance of getting a dropped item back (which is good), whereas the proposed change pretty much doesn't (which is not so good).

Spook

Mumblyfish
04-02-04, 19:33
If you want to go alone, you get penalised. Simple as that. It's a teamplaying game, if you want to be an antisocial little shit you get nothing.

petek480
04-02-04, 19:49
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
If you want to go alone, you get penalised. Simple as that. It's a teamplaying game, if you want to be an antisocial little shit you get nothing.
Well at least make belts drop in warzones then.

Mumblyfish
04-02-04, 19:59
Originally posted by petek480
Well at least make belts drop in warzones then.

Hell no. Because then noone will go to OP wars unless they outmonk the other side 100:1.

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:04
GUYS LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR i did mention i think that this should only be done when population increases once DOY comes out.

JackScratch
04-02-04, 20:41
I voted No, why, it also rewards wholesale ganking, a big enough problem in this game to start with. Call me a carebear if you want I could give a shit less. I am in no way against PvP, and to be honest, this would be a great idea if the Random/Faction Pking weren't already a problem, but since it is, I can never see the benifits outweighing the drawbacks. Random/Faction PKing would be flat out of control, not acceptable. This idea "as is" goes completely against everything I am working towards, a society of adults, behaveing like adults.

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:50
Originally posted by JackScratch
I voted No, why, it also rewards wholesale ganking, a big enough problem in this game to start with. Call me a carebear if you want I could give a shit less. I am in no way against PvP, and to be honest, this would be a great idea if the Random/Faction Pking weren't already a problem, but since it is, I can never see the benifits outweighing the drawbacks. Random/Faction PKing would be flat out of control, not acceptable. This idea "as is" goes completely against everything I am working towards, a society of adults, behaveing like adults.

The truth is i havnt been randomly PKed for along time when i was a active player(befor sept 2003). I was on pluto on the weekend and i can definatly say there isnt no problem of random PKin.

joran420
04-02-04, 20:53
I would rather see them drop a belt that still requires hack to get into but in addition drop ALL credits they are carrying with them that anyone can pick up

In order for something like that though they would have to make banking doable

[edit] and make the person you kill be within 10 ranks to drop money

darkservent
04-02-04, 20:56
Originally posted by joran420
I would rather see them drop a belt that still requires hack to get into but in addition drop ALL credits they are carrying with them that anyone can pick up

In order for something like that though they would have to make banking doable

[edit] and make the person you kill be within 10 ranks to drop money

For that bring in cash cubes.

JackScratch
04-02-04, 21:18
The truth is i havnt been randomly PKed for along time when i was a active player(befor sept 2003). I was on pluto on the weekend and i can definatly say there isnt no problem of random PKin.

And what is your rank? Random/Faction PKers are cowards, they have no interest in a fair fight. If you have a moderate rank you wont see it, but the noobs get hit from time to time. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. I agree Pluto is a little better than most, but it is always waiting in the shadows.

darkservent
04-02-04, 21:40
And what is your rank? Random/Faction PKers are cowards, they have no interest in a fair fight. If you have a moderate rank you wont see it, but the noobs get hit from time to time. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. I agree Pluto is a little better than most, but it is always waiting in the shadows.

I have 2 accnts my second accnt has a noob ranked PE. I didnt get no grief when runnin around with her - Only from the DOY bots.

JackScratch
04-02-04, 21:47
Count yourself fortunate Like I said, it isn't as bad on Pluto, but it is still there.. I have no intention of letting it get bad, anything I can do to make this game fun and fair, for everyone, I will.

Carinth
04-02-04, 21:51
You guys are missing an obvious abuse to this system. If the killer gets looting rights, you need to make it clear what defines the killer. How much damage do you need to do to be considered the killer. If it is simply whoever causes the last bit of damage that kills the target, then people will purposefuly wait until a person is almost dead, and then jump in to get the last shot. Kill stealing : )

Strych9, you forgot to add "I'm already hardcore and I value death more then enough. There is a point when hardcore becomes stupid, if you are risking much more then you gain. So do something that will improve your fun, not ruin mine."

; )

darkservent
04-02-04, 21:52
Count yourself fortunate Like I said, it isn't as bad on Pluto, but it is still there..

Im only pointin this consideration to pluto cause we all now how immature the other servers are. If jupiter can do it so can we and please keep in mind im not sayin it should be done now. It should be done with more ppl on pluto.

The reality is that when i go on pluto or any other server for that fact I really dont do much - just hunt Rares or chat. Thats all there is to do. Even OP wars can end up borin, runnin round the map lookin for h4x missions and then incomes another clan to defend an then they die and come back a million times. To tell the truth there is no meaning to the game if u cant take risks. If ur gonna always favour the benefits of this system now then its gonna get borin. When i do come back ill be lucky to have DOY released at the time. But how long will it be till i get bored of that.

Psycho Killa
04-02-04, 21:54
You need to get it through your head jack that a vast 99% majority of gankers kill everyone they see thats red and not just people who have no chance of winning.

Your not risking anything more with this change your suppose to lose an item upon death its one of the few ways death has meaning in this game. Without losing an item its quake except you have to wait 5 minutes everytime u ant to respawn.

This is why I want neptune seperate the serious players from the ones who just want to hold on to there precious items and have death mean nothing.

darkservent
04-02-04, 22:06
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
You need to get it through your head jack that a vast 99% majority of gankers kill everyone they see thats red and not just people who have no chance of winning.

Your not risking anything more with this change your suppose to lose an item upon death its one of the few ways death has meaning in this game. Without losing an item its quake except you have to wait 5 minutes everytime u ant to respawn.

This is why I want neptune seperate the serious players from the ones who just want to hold on to there precious items and have death mean nothing.

The reality is that noone is sure of neptune not even KK thats why i suggest this addition to spice things up. Now wot is the difference between droppin a belt in anarchy zone and warzone? Not much... only that its droppable in a OP war.

deac
04-02-04, 22:10

hawr hawr me too :D

JackScratch
04-02-04, 22:14
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

There are several poor asumptions in this post, I would expect nothing less.

1 I could care less what pussycowards do, the fact is, nothing should encourage more of them, that is all this change would do.

2 "serious players" - I think it is cute that pussycowards take themselves seriously, instead of as the joke that they are. However, this is a rediculous statement, it takes a great deal more than scouring the countyside looking for corpses in training.

3 You do not have to be a pussycoward to enjoy PvP, this is the grand daddy of all pussycoward assumptions, the reason they exist, and don't have one damn clue why everyone is so angry at them.

kurai
04-02-04, 23:23
I wondered when the Neptune idea would crop up ...

A world consisting entirely of APUs and Tanks in permanent DeathMatch mode.

That'll be fun ... for a whole ten minutes :rolleyes:

Mr Friendly
04-02-04, 23:45
if u want a reward, be a hacker, that simple

Carinth
04-02-04, 23:49
Im only pointin this consideration to pluto cause we all now how immature the other servers are. If jupiter can do it so can we and please keep in mind im not sayin it should be done now. It should be done with more ppl on pluto.

The reality is that when i go on pluto or any other server for that fact I really dont do much - just hunt Rares or chat. Thats all there is to do. Even OP wars can end up borin, runnin round the map lookin for h4x missions and then incomes another clan to defend an then they die and come back a million times. To tell the truth there is no meaning to the game if u cant take risks. If ur gonna always favour the benefits of this system now then its gonna get borin. When i do come back ill be lucky to have DOY released at the time. But how long will it be till i get bored of that.

Setting aside my bias as a ppu monk, with item drops op wars will be less frequent and less varied. You will not bring rares unless you absolutely need them. Why risk dropping rares if you don't have too. The less valuable items you carry, the more likely you'll drop crap to piss off your enemies. Boots/Helm/CrahnHeal/CrahnDeflector/stamina booster any hacker would know that easily 75% of belts are crap. Probably more. The best chance usualy is to get someone's power armor, which is moderatley expensive.

People will not come to an op fight unless they think they have a chance. So no underdogs, no fight even though you're outnumbered. If you want an op, ninja hacking is the way to go, unless you can bring a force you know will win. As Vet said, there is most definitly a range of skill in Neocron. It is often the less skilled, the less equipped, the newer people who will lose. If they consistantly lose not only the fight but their better items, then they will most likely quit nc. For new player Bob, it may have taken a week or more to gather the parts to build his first CS. Then an experienced player comes along and kills him, looting the CS. That's a major blow to the new player, while the experienced player will say "gah 1 slot cs, this is crap." Established players have the resources to replace what they lose, not so for new players. If anything this would mean people wait even longer before starting pvp. Not only do you hafta reach rare level, but you hafta accumulate resources so you can afford to lose that rare.

Fights will not be as long. A clan would be throwing away money needlessly if they came back more then two times. That is unless they now have an overwhelming force to crush you with. Currently people will go back as many times as then can stand. That means you could have an entire day of fighting! This was the big difference between pluto and jupiter. Jupiter valued the op over the fight. The established owner of the op should not have to defend the op for the entire day just because the attacking clan won't give up. Often it ends with enough people logging off that you lose on the last rush. That is how the folk on Jupiter saw it, when we had this debate. On Pluto we love fighting. Ops are just a way to prompt enemy clans to attack. An entire day of fighting is a good thing for us. We applaud clans that come back more then twice. So I don't think you'll have much luck convincing pluto to do the same as jupiter, we're a different breed of player : )

ichinin
05-02-04, 00:04
Why not make the belt a container you can pickup and take with you to a hacker?

KramerTheWeird
05-02-04, 00:19
I think the purpose of the belt wasn't so much to give hackers a new role in the game, but to give those who lost their item a chance of maybe getting it back. So by allowing who killed you to loot your belt after death, it completely defeats this chance.

darkservent
05-02-04, 00:55
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I think the purpose of the belt wasn't so much to give hackers a new role in the game, but to give those who lost their item a chance of maybe getting it back. So by allowing who killed you to loot your belt after death, it completely defeats this chance.

wot if we were to just do a QB drop in warzones.

Dade Murphey
05-02-04, 00:57
Hmm...I was thinking about doing a new poll since it's obvious that people don't want the item immediately available...but it wasn't so overwhelmingly blown away like I kind of xpected :D

Mumblyfish
05-02-04, 00:57
wot if we were to just do a QB drop in warzones.

wot if we were to just NO!

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Dade Murphey
05-02-04, 01:00
Mumbly...don't be an ass...if you can't muster that then just fuck off and bother someone else

btw: could a mod close this...I think what I was after has been shown...thanks

SeXy Happy
05-02-04, 01:16
Before it closes, I think it was a great idea Dade.

Mumblyfish
05-02-04, 01:20
I thought it was the idea equivalent of a cockroach, but oh well.

darkservent
05-02-04, 02:00
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
wot if we were to just NO!

And speak properly, child.

Please dont fuckin insult me like that.

Yea close it too. Comments from idiots like these arnt needed.

leGit v. 2
05-02-04, 02:43
yenno what? When weapons used to drop.. it was fun.. cause i got to give newbies the weapons i got and the rares i keep..
But i think neocron made it so you need a team to actually gank someone.. Makes clans more necessary.. If weapons still dropped.. i think me and psycho wouldnt be in a clan =P.. whattya think psycho? btw nice idea though.. but everything is fine how it is..