PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Stuff

-FN-
04-02-04, 15:55
Just picked up some Microcrap wireless stuff, keyboard, mouse, you know, stuff. Windows XP detects the stuff and makes it work right off the bat, but half of the "extra" buttons on the keyboard don't work, as well as the extra mouse buttons. Installing Intellipoint and Intellitype give me the options to configure stuff in the Control Panel... but point32.exe and type32.exe are a piece of CRAP. They constantly crash, they don't make the buttons work, and I can't run them while I run NC...

Anyone else have any MS wireless stuff? And get it to work so you can use the buttons? Not only in XP, but in NC?

metalangel
04-02-04, 16:07
I dunno, download the newest versions, and try those. TBH I hate the drivers, I plug my Intellimouse in via USB so I don't need the Intellipoint software.

Haxxor
04-02-04, 16:10
yea my wireless mouse + keyboard is f*cked with my current system having to use a shit set

-FN-
04-02-04, 16:31
Originally posted by metalangel
I dunno, download the newest versions, and try those. TBH I hate the drivers, I plug my Intellimouse in via USB so I don't need the Intellipoint software.

Well I don't technically "need" the drivers, I can use the mouse and keyboard, but to use Mouse Button 5 on the Intellimouse in NC I would need the drivers, and to use 4 & 5 anywhere in Windows I'd need the drivers. I'll download the newest Intellicrap software and see if they're any different, but I seriously doubt they will...

It's kinda funny though how the company who wrote the OS can totally fuck up their software for their hardware :wtf:

kurai
04-02-04, 17:06
The point32 driver works fine for me in XP.
(same was true of Win2K, as it goes)
All 5 mouse buttons/wheel available, no crashes, no fuckups in sensitivity/acceleration etc.

The 5th button works in NC too - I currently have it bound the QB slot I have an Anti-Shock drug in.

Can't comment on the type32 util - never had occasion to use it.

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 17:14
i cant bind mouse4/5 with mah logitec mx500 :(

Eddie
04-02-04, 17:16
*sigh*

Check out the Girder program at Girder.nl

It can capture your MM keys, block them from the system, and make them do whatever you want.. control Winamp.. Launch My Computer.. macros.. the lot.

I use it to map all the keys on my Logitech Cordless MX keyboard, and to do certain things depending on whether an application is already loaded or not. (such as displaying Trillian if it's loaded, on a touch of the "Messenger/SMS key".. or loading it if it's not loaded. Simple as pie.)

Let me know if you want any help with it..

Eddie

EDIT:

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
i cant bind mouse4/5 with mah logitec mx500 :(

Use the mouseware drivers to map mouse 4/5 to NUMPAD 8/9 .. then NC will see it as them keys so you can use them :)

I've used that to map all 8 of my Logitech MX 700 buttons :D

Archeus
04-02-04, 17:18
unless the mouse has a recharging docking station then it's a load of crap.

I have 2 wireless mice gathering dust. changing batteries is annoying. Not so bad with the keyboard but mice just eat batteries.

Eddie
04-02-04, 17:59
Originally posted by Archeus
unless the mouse has a recharging docking station then it's a load of crap.

I have 2 wireless mice gathering dust. changing batteries is annoying. Not so bad with the keyboard but mice just eat batteries.

I have one I have one I have one! :D
(Cost me 80 punds for the wireless keyboard/mouse set though.. ouch.. a stupid move for me.. but it sounded good at the time :P)
And yes.. even with high capacity batteries.. if I leave it out for a few days it goes flat.. so I can't imagine living without rechargableness...

Eddie