PDA

View Full Version : !!monk int exp gain needs a boost!!

enigma_b17
04-02-04, 13:24
ok im aware that lvling is sposed to take ages, and that monks intelligence exp gain rate was boosted a few months back, but imo its still too slow, especially for ppus who have to rely on getting a meesly bit of exp of team m8s, i rekon it should be boosted to something a little more workable so that its actually viable to cap intell, which is one of a monks main skill categories, opinions?

Glok
04-02-04, 13:29
Yes, ffs. My noob monk now has 1.5 mil psi xp and only 400k int xp. It's silly.

ResurgencE
04-02-04, 13:36
No doubt about it.

Rating this thread three hundred and seventy six stars.

Whazzat? The max is 5?

5 it is, then.

MjukisDjur
04-02-04, 14:02
My monk have lomed away about 30 mil exp so now i got :

100 000 000 psi exp
20 000 000 int exp.

Now, to REALLY cap a monk you need to be something extraordinary :)
Make int gain about 1/2 of psi gain. I want my heavy belt...
Even if they buffed the int gain it still sucks donkey...

alig
04-02-04, 14:06
No it doesnt need boosting, its fine....and ppu's gain alot more int than apu's do btw.

My ppu is base 96 psi and base 86 int, if that isnt ok then i dont know, play cs.

t0tt3
04-02-04, 14:09
I lommed about twice in PSI capped it and still only 46 mill INT.

The thing that really need a boost is DEX!!!!! I dont care if we get exp gain 2x the tanks INT still its some points rather then 0.

Thats like hey stupid lom to poke and poke your ass in 1 day its so easy.. well duh! I am a combat player not a lame tradeskiller "sorry spies :D"

You can chose not to do combat but you cant chose not to do tradeskill why?

GT_Rince
04-02-04, 14:15
Dex is fine - you can cap dex in about 8 hours - just sit down and do it

sanityislost
up the damn int gain

Glok
I got 20 dex in a day of building psi boosters. Couldn't be arsed to keep doing it. I will be poking as a permanent tradeskill tho, so the dex will get there eventually.

Oath
Tank con xp.......

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:17
Tank Con exp = piss easy (if u have a ppu that is...)

As for monk int exp a boost of like 10-20% wouldnt be bad, but i dont think it should be higher then that, not everything should be able to cap easly.

Glok
04-02-04, 14:19
Who the fuck voted 'lower it further'? o_O :lol:

alig
04-02-04, 14:20
Tank con xp is as fine as fucking int xp, ffs my tank is base 100 con, do u not think i can compare the 2, stop whining and start playing, it wont lvl here will it:rolleyes:

Sefran
04-02-04, 14:22
With new patch i went from 78 to 69 in combat rank with my apu, gives me some more hope to lvl INT again, now i just get that little xtra more exp that keeps me going. And for my tank i kept on going untill i had it aswell, if u want something very BADLY every skill can be Capped in a reasonable time...

GT_Rince
04-02-04, 14:25
Originally posted by Glok
Who the fuck voted 'lower it further'? o_O :lol:

/raises hand :D

Why? Why not? Boredom... amusement.... And before anyone says anything, I have a PPU as well - I know INT won't get a boost so posts like these are kinda pointless imho. Leave KK to get on with DoY.

Glok
04-02-04, 14:28
Originally posted by GT_Rince
/raises hand :D

Why? Why not? Boredom... amusement.... And before anyone says anything, I have a PPU as well - I know INT won't get a boost so posts like these are kinda pointless imho. Leave KK to get on with DoY. Yeah, this is like the 20th poll on this, and nothing has changed. I don't blame ya. :D

Wellard
04-02-04, 14:29
Yeah boost it a little, my apu was 85 int, 98 psi

I decided to go for it and cap dex by lomming psi use to imp.

lomming to imp took around 3hrs, lost 3 int lvls, poking others and my moveon in plaza1 took 2 nights (2 - 3hrs a night.)

now I got to lom back to psi use, will I lose more int lvls now?

:confused:

if so, any good ways to build those lost lvls back up quick?

poking made a change tho, and was a good laugh talking to loads of runners I don't normally meet ;)

Finl
04-02-04, 14:35
ill tell u what - it was not so funny to spend 7 days with male and monk (alt) in apartment shooting your self and healing up to get con levels from 94 to 100, and this was like 1 year and much more ago, btw, first tank who capped con in retail :)
nodays con leveling is damn easy, i friend is leveling tank now and str 40 con 38. so stop whining about tank con. and now back to psi int, and yes, its pain in ass, its like trying wank off 10 times in row - imposible?, no, but it hurts like hell :D

alig
04-02-04, 14:46
my tank is about 13 months old and i didnt cap his con by shooting myself, i did it all in the caves.

Mr_Snow
04-02-04, 15:02
It doesnt need to be boosted just dont have stupidly high ranks when teamed and levelling.

PPUs get massive int xp from both spies and tanks and really monks dont need to cap int just get it high enough for heavy belts which isnt amazingly hard.

t0tt3
04-02-04, 15:40

Well how if I dont wanna be a tradeskiller?.... ^^
There should be options or make PE:s get their PSI from tradeskill only... bha

bd*
04-02-04, 15:55
How about once youve capped your main skill (like i did , oooo 6 months ago?) the rate of your other skills (mainly your secondary skill) experience increases ...

Not to make the game shorter but Monk Exp is a JOKE. I am sure i would have well in the region of 400 million PSI by now yet im still not int capped! Sure i lommed Poking a while back which set me back a few million but that still doesnt get me anywhere near capping!

If Monk Intel went at 50% of PSI i would be overjoyed! I could cap it! It may take me a couple of weeks of hardcore playing but at least i could see my exp going up.

I killed a chaser last night, 400k overcapped PSI, nice, look at my int exp .... has that gone up i think to myself? Arr yes .... by about 40k! FFS THIS IS BOOOOOOOOORING. (tbh i dont think it was 40k more like 20-30, ill find out later)

BOOOOORING KK, BOOOOOORING :rolleyes:

So it took me x amount of weeks to cap psi, int goes at /10 of PSI therefore x * 10 = too ****ing long :o Not to mention the only way of capping dex is to spec pistols (yay i can waste 25 points and kill rats all day :rolleyes: ) or to do mission (yay i can goto MB Bunker and get PKd all day :rolleyes: ).

Sigh, i love my monks.
And i was a monk before they became all high and mighty so no whining :p

/edit\ Hey shane btw :D

bd*
04-02-04, 15:59
Originally posted by Oath
Tank con xp.......

TH Turrets :rolleyes: Unfortunately Monk Int exp cant be increased passively (fark off a turret and leave your PPU buddy with his heal1 in attack and his mouse1 jammed down, go watch tv something).

Though as i said above i think all secondary skills could do with a boost.

Jest
04-02-04, 18:14
Dex is fine - you can cap dex in about 8 hours - just sit down and do it The skill should raise naturally, the fact that I have to sit down and poke my friggin PP chip for 10 hours just to cap it is seriously messed up. Just let monks gain dex from team xp, even if its a small amount. No other class has such a high number of skill that they cant get up naturally. The spy has Psi but that caps at 20 and is easy to get there with just missions.

Int goes pretty slow too, but Id rather see dex gain first.

GT_Rince
04-02-04, 18:22
I have capped DEX before by going to a factory and using the 25 CST Bonus to make boosters. Can't remember how many I made - must have been a few hundred, but it didn't take that long - it is boring as hell, but 8 or so hours sees Dex capped :)

EDIT @ Glok

Yeah - I am actually thinking of starting my own polls about the "Dev being overpowered", "PPU's need God Mode turning off" and "small kittens that piss in your shoes" :D

bling
04-02-04, 18:28
WTF Dont boost it up!
Lazy i*eland ch*eps.

Im on the way int 95 and its not too fast.

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 19:31
Way too slow. It needs a boost.

Furion
04-02-04, 19:33
ive lommed my monks psi 4 times, and recapped, gained like 250 mill psi exp all together, but my int is at 89, thats 60 mill xp........

KimmyG
04-02-04, 19:49
I dont know who voted no

I have LoMed and recapped my monk several times and taken many chars to cap in the caos caves, farmed 100s of rare parts. Yet I am still just a tad bellow 90 int.

Any other char can be fully capped easily I mean I have only spent a little time on my tank on saturn wich I only play part time and he is capped str and near 96 con and his con has been lomed many many times.

PE's well thats just 2 days of hard work so no real point in discussing it.

Spy's harder to fully cap but still possible.

I really think there should be an easier way to cap a monk other than taking 1 ppu and the rest all spys, that are at the perfect lvl and doing 1 million caos runs. Or dealing the draven method of ressing a billion rare parts.

dr.fish
04-02-04, 20:15
the only person i know that has capped int on saturn is thommy.....

it's horrible , raise it ffs

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 20:20

LOL ROFL

glad to se that u exploit and u r honest with it

im not saying we all dont do it, kuz we do (that exploit), but i think u talked a little to much:lol:

now i think int exp is just fine and ppu's gain a lot more int exp then apu's

Check this

my PPU wich i only lvled him in chaos caves or fire mobs at Gaya has the folowing

INT - 87
STR - 12
CON - 42o_O but its true lol not caped yet
DEX - 15
PSI - 98

eat that

Ascension
04-02-04, 20:42
I would quote Shadows Ex sig if i could remember it...

oh and yeah boost the *ucker;)

Strych9
04-02-04, 21:07
How is building Psi boosters an exploit?

Judge
04-02-04, 21:15
Yeah I was wondering that as well strych?

Archeus
04-02-04, 21:15
Originally posted by t0tt3
The thing that really need a boost is DEX!!!!! I dont care if we get exp gain 2x the tanks INT still its some points rather then 0.

Repair rhinos, shoot your DEX up.

How about once youve capped your main skill (like i did , oooo 6 months ago?) the rate of your other skills (mainly your secondary skill) experience increases ...

This would be more logical, especially for missions.

ZoomZoom
04-02-04, 21:22
my ppu has only 10 more int lvls to go but still needs to cap his dex :( i run around with a bat all day hiting things :)

yes i think it should be boosted up just until i cap my int then i dont give a fuck about u lot :)

Strych9
04-02-04, 21:30
Have you monks ever tried research missions? Get the clan researcher to churn out tons of BPs... just the exact ones needed for the highest paying research mission (there are either two or three diff payouts for research... the one that pays out the highest is ALWAYS the same item).

You get 600 a pop to all skills running those, and if you get the BPs made ahead of time, you just churn them out.

Length of the mission depends on your faction HQ layout of course...

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Strych9
How is building Psi boosters an exploit?

hahaha as if righty

Strych9
04-02-04, 21:46
DG, he said that he build psi boosters at an op, and thats how he levelled Dex.

I build medkits instead of boosters... but some idea. Great way to level Dex.

So please drop your hahahaha and explain how that is in any way an exploit?

Devils Grace
04-02-04, 21:49
im not its saying sometin without a proff

nevertheless its possible to cap dex by making boosters but not 8hours, maybe some more time

i used to make boosters aswell when i was still n00b, and it didnt raise my dex that much

ohh wel ill shut up and go play

g0rt
04-02-04, 21:52
I have 4 monks across 2 servers..

My best monk is 100% capped except 95 int

My OLDEST monk is 100% capped except 84 int (rofl, and this monk was made about 2 weeks after pluto opened)

My NEWEST 2 monks are both around 85-90 int and the rest capped.

The problem is...I *could* sit in the caves for 2 weeks and bring that 95 int to 100...but for what? 5 psi use when I already cap freq on all my spells? Screw that...

Its just not worth it. INT shoudl be harder to cap then PSI, but not SO hard thatw hen you 100% cap your monk, your int is only half way done :rolleyes:

Glok
04-02-04, 22:40
Originally posted by Ascention
I would quote Shadows Ex sig if i could remember it..."Levelling monk int is like masturbation. At first it is fun and interesting but then you realize you are doomed to do it for the rest of your life."

:D

Jest
04-02-04, 22:42
Actually I hate to say this but does any one else think that PE xp team gains should be lower? PEs cap way to fast I think.

Ascension
05-02-04, 00:53
"Levelling monk int is like masturbation. At first it is fun and interesting but then you realize you are doomed to do it for the rest of your life."

:D

ROFL yeah Thats it..

Also @ Jest i agree.. its so easy to cap a damn PE.. and they lvl up like hell.. they level fast

naimex
05-02-04, 00:59
How to raise INT faster on a monk ::

Do tradeskills

Go near cap

LoM to PSU

Ascension
05-02-04, 01:02
Originally posted by naimex

Do tradeskills

Go near cap

LoM to PSU

or they could just fix it ;)

t0tt3
05-02-04, 02:06

Do tradeskills

Go near cap

LoM to PSU

Thats like to say to a tank. Hey you cant combat to gain good exp you need to go Tradeskill with your DEX to gain DEX/INT to bad you get 12 exp point per thing you do but hey only base 70 so thats no problem!

I ask all the time I want DEX exp. Still I get hey go tradeskill....
Well I DONT WANNA TRADESKILL!!!! Why should pure combat not be a option when you can go pure tradeskill?

Well go figure, tanks whine when they needed to cap INT with missions and that 15 lvls less then our DEX.

I am a APU not a tradeskilling wannabie PPU. So give me DEX exp :p and more INT exp :D

naimex
05-02-04, 02:15
Originally posted by t0tt3
Thats like to say to a tank. Hey you cant combat to gain good exp you need to go Tradeskill with your DEX to gain DEX/INT to bad you get 12 exp point per thing you do but hey only base 70 so thats no problem!

I ask all the time I want DEX exp. Still I get hey go tradeskill....
Well I DONT WANNA TRADESKILL!!!! Why should pure combat not be a option when you can go pure tradeskill?

Well go figure, tanks whine when they needed to cap INT with missions and that 15 lvls less then our DEX.

I am a APU not a tradeskilling wannabie PPU. So give me DEX exp :p and more INT exp :D

......Just telling a faster way to do it, if you donīt think the normal way is fast enough.. I used tradeskills to get my int up on monk when I was actually bothered to play a monk..

Not a STFU thing, Iīm all in for monks getting more INT exp..

But there are alternatives in case they wonīt get it. one of them is : Tradeskills

t0tt3
05-02-04, 02:20
But there are alternatives in case they wonīt get it. one of them is : Tradeskills

Thats not a alternative.... thats THE only option.... That is what I say, you cant go pure combat you need to take up tradeskill which is wrong imo. Why gimp your selfe combat vise to cap it?

You dont get any exp from killing only in missions/tradeskill..

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 02:21
Naimex, how much faster is it to tradeskill and get int xp?

Psycho Killa
05-02-04, 02:23
[Bthere are alternatives in case they wonīt get it. one of them is : Tradeskills [/B]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its insane enough raising a spies int with tradeskills I would hate to see how long it would take a monk to get from 80 to 81 a year maybe?

naimex
05-02-04, 02:25
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Naimex, how much faster is it to tradeskill and get int xp?

depends how much you tradeskill..

but itīs about half or 1/3 speed of a spy tradeskiller at same lvl.

it was back then anyways..

SirRah
05-02-04, 03:24
I know only one monk on uranus who capped INT the old fashioned way. He made like 10,000 BPs of Holy Group Shelter... took him a few months.

My monk is now 13 months old - capped everything but INT as hybrid (before nerf) and couldnt bother lvling since that but recap PSI after loming.

INT should get a boost. Maybe make it the same speed as PSI but lower the PSI speed then, maybe make both 50%.

And yes, a monk should be able to cap DEX by killing things and not only do it by missions/poking/csting/wotever. Make it like 15% or so.

PS: SD stop imposing people :P its confusing!!

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 03:26
lolz

I think now that HL has been nerfed, and their are probably more coming for ppus, then monks deserve to cap their secondary stat just like every other class.

Also, you can't use the "monks are powerful" BS to justify the shitty int gain, otherwise pes should be the gimps of neocron.

thx

ezza
05-02-04, 03:26
hmm should i be evil and vote no:angel:

Ryuben
05-02-04, 04:15
while ur at it put up monk dex increase

k thx bye

Scikar
05-02-04, 04:19
Originally posted by SirRah
And yes, a monk should be able to cap DEX by killing things and not only do it by missions/poking/csting/wotever. Make it like 15% or so.

PEs and Spies should also get some PSI XP from hunting.

I think, as well as monk INT being boosted, tank and PE CON could use a minor boost.

Drexel
05-02-04, 04:41
God Yes,

Why the hell do Tanks gain there 2 main skillz STR & CON at 100%

(@ Schikar - Tanks & PE's already get 100% gain to Con, it just goes slow because your resists & armour are too good, just remove some armour for leveling, theres nothing more that can be done)

& Spies get INT & DEX 100 %

& Monks get PSI 100% & INT 50% WTF ????:wtf:

How the fuck is that fair ?

Also with Wisdom of Ceres bonus's coming up there wont be a capped monk (maybe 4 of em) getting Ceres bonus's under Int.

Fix it, should be 100% like everyone else, (PE's are easy to cap, so forget them)

Fix it before Wisdom of Ceres, fix it now to allow the months of leleving time it will still take before DoY.

& Double the existing points we now have in INT to make up for the past leveling we have had to do, only fair, i mean god, it was originally 30 % & you will penalise all the old characters if you dont allow for that.

100% NOW!!!

(please)

ino
05-02-04, 07:56
I heavent bothered to read all the posts. But a little point to ppl who says it so good.. I got blaha psi and this much int ints fine. Tell me that when you reach int 92 about there int.. when yer psi is capped and the only skill getting exp is int. THEN it isnt that jolly good Im telling you..

I got 95 or so base I think. I could probably cap it within a day or maby more with 2 apus and a cave all for our selfs but got daaamn I tired of seeing that fucking cave now.. and its the THE only thing to do to cap and thats do cave cave cave cave for 300h or more. But im gonna cap that damn skill..

The thing that needs to be boosted in my oppinion is the int exp gained after you reach psi 100.. thats when the shit starts to slow..

ZoneVortex
05-02-04, 08:11
werd, raise that shit

ZoneVortex
05-02-04, 08:11
werd, raise that shit

superfresh
05-02-04, 08:16
Don't know how to vote. They gave monks 100 INT cap but they don't want them to have it. Seems to me if thats the case the cap should be lowered and they should get a few more dex or con.

Then again its not like monks are struggling out there.

RayBob
05-02-04, 09:44
Gee, an overwhelming majority of the community thinks monks got screwed on INT leveling. I wonder if KK will listen? :rolleyes:

I am actually curious as to why monk INT is the only level 100 skill category in the game that was designed with such a slow rate of advancement. Did they think high INT monks were over-powered? Is it an oversight? Did they simply want to create an annoying time sink for this particular class? There must be some reason why they designed it like this.

t0tt3
05-02-04, 12:46
Originally posted by Drexel
Monks get PSI 100% & INT 50% WTF ????:wtf:

Also with Wisdom of Ceres bonus's coming up there wont be a capped monk (maybe 4 of em) getting Ceres bonus's under Int.

Fix it, should be 100% like everyone else, (PE's are easy to cap, so forget them)

& Double the existing points we now have in INT to make up for the past leveling we have had to do, only fair, i mean god, it was originally 30 % & you will penalise all the old characters if you dont allow for that.

Hmm think monks PSI skill is at 75% :p but then again could be wrong.

INT for that matter raised from 33% to 50% the thing is thats TRADSKILL ONLY :p

For combat it was 12,5% and now its up to about 25% or so. Even tanks DEX gains faster then monks INT :lol:

cMz
05-02-04, 15:57
Investing 35 INT points in WPW, and the 20 DEX Points in RCL at char generation, you can get DEX by droning.

You need to put all DEX-points in to RCL to get to the better drones quick, so no running fast.
You also need to get the droning implants.

At DEX=2, you can implant:
Drone Distance Interface 1
Dex booster 1
Drone eye 1
To use the TL 8 drone. Get 2 more DEX levels, and you can use the TL 12 drone. Get 1 more DEX level and you can use TL 16 drone. Get 1 more DEX level and you can use TL 19 drone. and so on.

As soon as you can you need to swap implants for better ones.

I dont think it took my monk very long to get DEX up to 35. Playing 2-3 hours at night for 2-3 days.

Ofcourse you have to LoM the RCL and WPW later, but I only lost 2 DEX levels or so doing that.

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 19:57
Dex by droning?

O_O

Sounds like a fun way to actual gain dex. I'll have to try that.

Revenant Hex
08-02-04, 00:52
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
my ppu has only 10 more int lvls to go but still needs to cap his dex :( i run around with a bat all day hiting things :)

The answer is quite simple, really. LoM 82 points from your psi use, place them into your implant skill, borrow a MOVEON, poke it into yourself repeatedly. That's how I capped Cynical's dex. You get about 6k per poke. Worked rather nicely, but you might want to buy a lot of implant gel, and you'd have to repair it a lot. ;)

maggotcorpse
08-02-04, 01:20
Leave it as it is!!

Scikar
08-02-04, 01:26
Originally posted by Drexel
God Yes,

Why the hell do Tanks gain there 2 main skillz STR & CON at 100%

(@ Schikar - Tanks & PE's already get 100% gain to Con, it just goes slow because your resists & armour are too good, just remove some armour for leveling, theres nothing more that can be done)

& Spies get INT & DEX 100 %

& Monks get PSI 100% & INT 50% WTF ????:wtf:

Fix it before Wisdom of Ceres, fix it now to allow the months of leleving time it will still take before DoY.

100% NOW!!!

(please)

CON for Tanks runs at 50%. It's nothing to do with armor at all. The majority of your XP at high levels doesn't come from the damage you do - it comes from the team you're in. Team XP is split according to your gain %ages.

The problem with monk INT is that not only is INT at 50%, but it's not 100% gain from spells. You can tell because, a PPU with capped PSI gained from hunting with a team, had 33% INT XP compared to PSI XP (under the old 100/33 gain rate). Now, a PPU will have 50% of the XP. Whereas an APU will have less, because the gain from spells is more like 100% PSI, 50% INT. In the same way, cap a Tank in the Chaos Caves and he'll have almost exactly half the XP in CON as he does STR.

Clownst0pper
08-02-04, 02:11
All secondry skills should level at an equal rate to the primary, just like droners do. Its that simple.

Revenant Hex
08-02-04, 02:30
Originally posted by superfresh
Don't know how to vote. They gave monks 100 INT cap but they don't want them to have it. Seems to me if thats the case the cap should be lowered and they should get a few more dex or con.

Then again its not like monks are struggling out there.

I kind of agree. Why not give monks more strength levels? Would be nice.

Endar
08-02-04, 02:39
t0tt3: Actually there is no way to lvl up without killing mobs aKa combat. So WTF do you mean by that tradeskill thing? You CANT be a pure tradeskiller but you CAN be a pure combat char. You just lvl up slower than a tradeskiller/combat hybrid char than a pure combat "beat em all up" type of guy. But hey, atleast you CAN lvl up, the pure tradeskillers cant.

ghandisfury
08-02-04, 02:50
HELL NO!!!11111 I figure by the time BDoY comes out, and the "wisdom of ceres" skill is in place.....I should have my first skill point by the REAL Nuclear holocost.:cool:

Had ghandi for 7 months now....INT=92 o_O .

Glok
08-02-04, 03:00
Didn't eric draven cap the int on his APU? I wonder how he did that...

My noob APU now has 2.5 mil psi xp and 600k int... grrrrr

t0tt3
08-02-04, 04:01
Originally posted by Endar
t0tt3: Actually there is no way to lvl up without killing mobs aKa combat. So WTF do you mean by that tradeskill thing? You CANT be a pure tradeskiller but you CAN be a pure combat char. You just lvl up slower than a tradeskiller/combat hybrid char than a pure combat "beat em all up" type of guy. But hey, atleast you CAN lvl up, the pure tradeskillers cant.

You cant get DEX with pure combat ^^ and its lvl 35 so you must do trade skill ffs.

Glok
08-02-04, 04:27
Plus side, my APU already has 30 con... gonna be piss easy to cap. 8| :lol:

Shadow Dancer
08-02-04, 08:03
Didn't eric draven cap the int on his APU? I wonder how he did that...

My noob APU now has 2.5 mil psi xp and 600k int... grrrrr

I think he said he researched till cap then lommed.

o_O