PDA

View Full Version : Recycling, why should it be easy? (idea, Recycling changes)

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 12:19
Ok, inspired by a post in my implanting idea's thread, I pull a partaily formed idea out of the dark smelly place I keep all my ideas... you know my left boot..

Ok, idea idea is simple, as of the moment you can clone ammo and drug's if you have the same skill as the TL of the item your clonning.. Welll that seam's a little odd..

Well here's the idea..

Make Recycling like any other tradeskill, not enough skill over the TL and you've a chance to fail, now a diffrent idea of fail is rather than failing and nothing happening, or the junk getting wasted, you fail and you still make the drug's or ammo, but it's junk drug's and junk ammo..

Junk drug's would have the opposit affect to what it should have, so a spoiled beast would lower your strength, and such, while a spoiled medikit would cause posioning.. maybe all bad drug's could cause posion damage.. Bad psi booster's would drain psi over ticks...

Bad ammo would be like normal ammo, except it'd not fire, you'd load the gun, and then the clip would empty when you pull the trigger....

Now both these idea's need a few item stacking tweak's to work very well.. Drug's max stack should be reduced to 15, ammo max stack to 25.. This is becaus the game don't let you stack diffrent type's of object's... though it don't have to happen, if the game can tack a diffrent object within a diffrent stack..

the idea is, you need more Recycling to clone properly..

Benjie
04-02-04, 12:25
I think recycling deffinetly needs looking into, so you have a point there. However I think some of the suggestions you made would be kinda annoying. Especcially bad ammo.

Voted Maybe/own ideas... because I agree with the thread topic, but I don't like your suggested change so much.

4 stars.

naimex
04-02-04, 12:26
and we´re off

The thread is now open.. c´mon whooo will be the first ??

Recycling is a skill it should be treated same way as we are trying to treat implant o_O

Recycling wrong parts or parts of low quality should affect the outcome quality.. thus meaning :

to quote a dear friend of mine ": Why arent there different ammo qualities ? there should be rare ammo and custom ammo and ammo with different qualities affecting dmg, rate of fire, accuracy etc."

[EDIT : Aww benije got the first one :(]

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 12:30
it's ok, the general idea is to bring the idea that some thing's need looking at up... spin your own idea's..

The bad ammo, yes it'd be terible in the middle of a fight, or hunting to press fire and hear click, and need to reload again, but that's the idea, you clone ammo and without enough skill you end up with a chance that your much cheeper ammo is worthless, though there's a chance that you made it good and it'll work fine..

that's the whole point, you fail and make bad ammo, it's the risk or not buying proper ammo.. hell the idea could be extended to some NPC's, maybe every so often they sell you shoddy item's and drugs.. like a BD drug dealer, who half the time sell's you good drug's, half the time sell's you bad drug's..

It'd make the world a little more gritty.. like your fighting away and take a medikit end up finding out it's posion, so you shoot your gun, click reload, click... So you could have a bad day.. make's for some fun..

amfest
04-02-04, 12:31
Wow I wonder where you got this idea track from . . . must of been inspiration from God :p

Yup nothing should be so easy as getting the req. for it and that's it. Even so I do think that some idea should come up to make recyclers and salvage users very useful.

like salvaging non researched tech parts and getting ?? core ?? tech ?? componet and then you pass them to a constructor and have a chance of creating a random rare XD . . or you can get a broken weapon
Special Useful Drugs that can only be reycled from various special items found thoughout the wastes - meaning you have to actually travel to various regions to actually find only one part of the recipe . . non-clonable . .oops did i get OT again :p

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 12:34
amfest, one of your idle comment's made this thread...

and now another one of your comment's has inspired me to do yet another... Brrrmmmm brrrmmmm, driving get's a Q flavor..

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 12:35
This is funky, actually.

And as I'm sure you're wonder why I think this is funky while the implant idea isn't...

I approve of this is because I think tanks need some more viable tradeskills for them, currently the only tradeskill really available to a tank is repair, recycling would give them a second tradeskilling purpose.

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 12:49
well the implanting idea is just a basic sketch, not ballenced or thought though to the end, just a basic idea, somthing to be seen by people who have no lif.... I mean who've the time to fully devlop it.. just like some of my other older idea's, I've seen em come back before, reworked and thought though more so, but still my idea's at the core...

amfest
04-02-04, 13:13
I really do like the idea of bad cloning . . it's still useful when you're out in the middle of no where hunting . . but it's not as effective as ready made store bought items .. .and yea nomads and certain traders should have a chance of selling bad medicine errr i mean ammo and medi or drugs . . . a medkit that gives you athletes foot and reduces your ath by some or you get a wart on your nose so barter gets a negative also from the charisma drop :D

Nash_Brigham
04-02-04, 13:19
Recycling as a skill doesn't develop much for players, and for alot of items unless you find alot of junk, or the really big junk, like warbot junk, it doesn't help much. For me, I use recyclin cause as a psi monk, I can go through Psi Energy in no time flat. A number of my slots are booster 3's in fact. Without the ability to replenish that supply, I would be one, wasting my time travellin back and forth to a vendor somewhere, and paying close to 1200 creds just to get a psi booster 3 (thath's without barter now) and I am pretty sure that some PE's spies,a nd even some tanks would be a little displeased about having to constantly run to a go go everytime they turned around when their ammo started running low.

Quality of items shouldn't be a factor either, as the quality of a bullet is determined mostly by the gun itself, not the bullet. So I vote no. Leave recyclin alone.

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 13:25
But nash, you could still rec the booster's and PE's and tank's could still make ammo..

The idea is, that like the other tradeskill's, if your not very good at it you could end up making stuff that's worthless, or spoiled in some way, psi booster that also affect's you with a posion stack...

The idea is to get away from the 20 or so point rec that most psi's spec, you want to make booster's fine you can, but with only 20 point's of rec you'll find booster 2's will turn out badly, and booster 3's might be so mucked up they drain your psi.. So you've either got to spend the cash buying them, or spec more skill to make em..

That bring's me to another point.. Psi's are not popular because they have good spell's, it's because you only pay for spell's, never for booster's anymore.. well msot times..

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 13:30
I just lommed all my recycling away few days ago. Atm it just simply sucks. It really needs looking into as someone already said. Before I lommed I had recycling skill way over 100 with a mine and the glove. If it gets some loving I surely will lom my driving skill back to recycling.

Q`alooaith
04-02-04, 15:10
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
I just lommed all my recycling away few days ago. Atm it just simply sucks. It really needs looking into as someone already said. Before I lommed I had recycling skill way over 100 with a mine and the glove. If it gets some loving I surely will lom my driving skill back to recycling.

Not when you read my driving idea's thread...
;)

the whole point, weapon's and const and ress need to be pumped full to be fully effective, why not make all thing's beifit from spelaisation...

Nash_Brigham
04-02-04, 20:29
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
But nash, you could still rec the booster's and PE's and tank's could still make ammo..

The idea is, that like the other tradeskill's, if your not very good at it you could end up making stuff that's worthless, or spoiled in some way, psi booster that also affect's you with a posion stack...

The idea is to get away from the 20 or so point rec that most psi's spec, you want to make booster's fine you can, but with only 20 point's of rec you'll find booster 2's will turn out badly, and booster 3's might be so mucked up they drain your psi.. So you've either got to spend the cash buying them, or spec more skill to make em..

That bring's me to another point.. Psi's are not popular because they have good spell's, it's because you only pay for spell's, never for booster's anymore.. well msot times.. I have forty points of recyclin, and the reason most psi's spec that is because of the price of psi boosters. Psi Booster 1's are the cheapest, but the simple 100 psi points it restores is pretty much worthless to a high rank psi, unless they really do not have alot of psi points, then they are going to burn through boosters like no tomorrow.

Psi Booster 2's are running close to 800 creds every one, and with the number of those I would burn through at one whack, I would lose money instead of make it in Neocron. Though that might be a viable cred sink for some ppl, it just isn't viable, fun or exciting. I would rather go work at a job that pays minimum wage for 8 hours a day.

Buying Psi Booster 3's is just really a waste of time. At nearly 1200 creds a pop I would not only be losing money, I would most likely have to sell off every fancy part I got, inclduing the ones I wanted to keep.

And on that note, I do not want to sit there, construct myself a psi booster, and turn out to be poisoned because of the psi booster. That would be just plain rediculous. And again, in the case of bullets, bullets don't hit harder because of their quality, they hit harder because of the gun they were launched from. Grant it, the powder gives them the kick, but if you launch a bullet from a smooth bore barrel, all you are going to get is a tumbling lump of lead that will drift more than likely hit your target anyways.

Maybe some ppl see recyclin as a skill that should be more like constructing, where if you recycle some high end item you get slots in it, or some crap like that, but making a poisonous booster just goes way too far in that issue.

amfest
04-02-04, 22:22
Maybe some ppl see recyclin as a skill that should be more like constructing, where if you recycle some high end item you get slots in it, or some crap like that, but making a poisonous booster just goes way too far in that issue

recycling is taking parts and creating something out of it .. which is why it needs recipies .. as for cloning . the same .. random junk and magically making items out of it . . which is kind of funky since you can make bullets out of organic materials as you can with metal parts. .. salvage well errr .. needs more use heh . . I wouldn't find it at all hard to belive that you mix up the wrong organic parts and create something that can poison you . . . as for bullets . yes if you pack too much powder you can wind up having the gun blow up in your face . .or not enough and it won't do crap . . . quit trying to look at it too realstic we're not just talking about regular bullets .. think about it . .raygun ammo? . . plasma . .. fusion .... come on . . think about that for a moment

Organics
04-02-04, 22:41
Disagree :)

Don't like the idea at all. Recycling appears to give very little in the way of income as far as I can see. Whereas CON/RES give very high income. So making Recycle as hard as (or as near) Con or Res will make it ridiculous IMO because you don't really make any money out of Recycle anyway.

Leave it alone.

:)

Nash_Brigham
05-02-04, 06:26
Originally posted by amfest
recycling is taking parts and creating something out of it .. which is why it needs recipies .. as for cloning . the same .. random junk and magically making items out of it . . which is kind of funky since you can make bullets out of organic materials as you can with metal parts. .. salvage well errr .. needs more use heh . . I wouldn't find it at all hard to belive that you mix up the wrong organic parts and create something that can poison you . . . as for bullets . yes if you pack too much powder you can wind up having the gun blow up in your face . .or not enough and it won't do crap . . . quit trying to look at it too realstic we're not just talking about regular bullets .. think about it . .raygun ammo? . . plasma . .. fusion .... come on . . think about that for a moment There are recipes for recyclin. Hell, I can't make psi booster 3's without eitehr alot of mid grade junk, or alot of high tech junk to begin with.