PDA

View Full Version : Holy Lightning nerfed? Or my mind playing tricks on me?

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 09:59
Did KK nerf HL? I've waited a good while and tested several times in op wars, neofrag, pp1, "real" pvp, "controlled" pvp and i've come to the conclusion Hl was nerfed.

It's been taking me 10-13 Hls to kill tanks ffs. Prepatch it would take an average of 8 hls to kill buffed pes. I also tested with a PE and he took 14 hls without healing and then 16 hls with heals. W T F?

Bad luck? Nah, not so many times. I've even had a clannie tell me that my HL hits like energy beam, which is the same exact thing i've been thinking.

And also, i've been taking more HL hits to die myself. My HL is capped btw.

Is this a bug? Or intentional?

If it's intentional, why is the nerf so hard and why wasn't it documented?

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I'm pretty upset about it. I see tanks taking more HLs to kill than cs bursts. O_o

Or maybe i've just had an enormous streak of bad luck. *snort*

Even with all my dex points into agility, i still run slow with pa. And this is with 60 athletics. SO I have to drug up to run at a good speed pa. Combine that with this possible stealth nerf on HL, and i'm starting to lose interest in my apu. :(

Please, can you people(you know who you are) have the courtesy to stick to the direct thread topic and not turn this into an apu bashing post or a "LOLOOOL U GOT SERVED" thread.

Thanks.

Psycho_Soldier
04-02-04, 10:04
90% of the rares were boosted. The other 10% were most likely nerfed.

MindMaze
04-02-04, 10:05
Yeah, I've noticed it as well. Not gonna comment on it's righteousness, hehe :p

Ascension
04-02-04, 10:07
Originally posted by MindMaze
Yeah, I've noticed it as well. Not gonna comment on it's righteousness, hehe :p

But the whole idea was.. APU's sacrifice defence for offence and now they take away some of our power and we still have the low defence:wtf:

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 10:08
Originally posted by MindMaze
Not gonna comment on it's righteousness, hehe :p

lmao

Ascention, I know what you mean. Hey I wouldn't mind leaving the "damage dealer" role to tanks, as long as apus got other neat support spells that make them powerful or special.

phunqe
04-02-04, 10:11
Originally posted by Ascention
But the whole idea was.. APU's sacrifice defence for offence and now they take away some of our power and we still have the low defence:wtf:

I agree. I mean how long does it take for a tank to kill an APU really... Waayyyy before 10-13 HL hits :p

Original monk
04-02-04, 10:15
i think all the weapons are getting more and more fooked up Rade :rolleyes:

VetteroX
04-02-04, 10:17
apus were too powerful.... I was sick of apus poison beam sniping me. Sick of an apu hitting me again and again while in 1/2 accross the map with energy halo. sick of HL doing such sick damage no matter how good my resits were. No maybe thats finnaly over.... good. you still dont have to aim, you can still hit people after they go around a corner, you still do a hell of a lot of damage even if its less then it was... I agree HL seems nerfed but now its where it should be. Keep in mind I have an apu thats higher level then most apus who are much older.... having capped version of all 4 chars I can compair what being them and fighting them all is like.

Finl
04-02-04, 11:10
people keep forget - apu aint got eny defence.

Comie
04-02-04, 11:16
Shadow, ive noticed that mate, but like yu said.... is it just my mind screwing with me???

i hope so... but then i have found that fighting in PP solo has become quite tough due to 2 factors

Devourer tanks + HL nerf (if it is)

oh well... means monkage becomes intersting again (prolly kill off monk-0-cron too)

LVirus
04-02-04, 11:17
How tard can one be? :angel: Look patch notes, it says that REQUIMENTS FOR SPELLS was raised!! RAISED, thus raising SKILL need to CAP it and thus LOWERING DAMAGE you can deal with pre-capped skills.

Hope you understand now :)

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 11:18
Originally posted by LVirus
How tard can one be? :angel: Look patch notes, it says that REQUIMENTS FOR SPELLS was raised!! RAISED, thus raising SKILL need to CAP it and thus LOWERING DAMAGE you can deal with pre-capped skills.

Hope you understand now :) That's TL dependant you Beta 2 nut :p

I haven't had any changes on any of my spells myself, still capped them with the exact same skill as before, despite the raised requirements.

phunqe
04-02-04, 11:18

Actually no, the requirements to cap a weapon is tied to the TL.

I.e if you have a TL 10 spell with 40 PPU req and you have 80 PPU, you will get the same damage on it even if the req is upped to 70 PPU.

EDIT: Ack Folsom o_O

Scikar
04-02-04, 11:20

And if you READ THE TEST SERVER you'll see that ONLY THE REQUIREMENT HAS CHANGED and WHATEVER DAMAGE % YOU HAD PREPATCH YOU WILL HAVE NOW.

Hope this inspires you to check your facts in future.

phunqe
04-02-04, 11:21
Lol I think he got it now :p

Nightbrother
04-02-04, 11:24

Bla bla angry rant bla bla... bloody LVirus... bla bla rant evil darkness wankbiscuit bla bla :p

I also think he got it now. :D

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 12:23
Originally posted by Comie

oh well... means monkage becomes intersting again (prolly kill off monk-0-cron too)

Interesting my ass. :(

The only reason I went out alone with my non TL 3 heal non stealthing ass is because of hov-tec. Now I had to lom vhc because of stupid PA malus. HL is nerfed(hopefully a bug).

Seriously starting to question whether or not to continue my apu.

mdares
04-02-04, 12:58
well i've gotten capped of every char from monk's to spies(actually 3 spies, nearly 2 monks, 2 tanks, and 1 pe)

right now i dont think HL should get nerfed because, of my chars, the only ones who died fast to a monk were my spies... just cuz well... its a spy... that and plus the fact solo apus have little def (tho better than a spy but thats just spies :p) compared to any other solo class (again we aint talking about spies), dmg is all we have...

but honestly i've yet to get rapped by any monkeys with HLs on my tanks or pes recently (tho i sucked at HC so he got w00ped a few times but that was a long time ago like 1.5 years ago with the 150/min HLs; now i'm MC).

i kinda just think the random dmg, PA speed malus, and the stealth nerf of beams (if it is there) kinda kills pure apus as we dont have anything going for us other than getting a ppu up the ass... i can live with the PA speed malus... even the random dmg (up to a point)... but the (supposed) stealth nerfing of the beams hurts...

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 13:03
Originally posted by mdares
but i've yet to get rapped by any monkeys That's actually a good idea...

Replace Psi-Power with Rap-Power!
Skills would be Passive Rap Use, Aggresive Rap Use, Rap Power, Mental Rappiness and Rap Resist!

Then monks would instead of using Psi, would instead make use of the mystic powers of Rap to hurt people! No man in the world would be safe!

Also make sure the Crahn Power Guantlet get's replaced with the Crahn Power Boombox, Psi Modules get replaced with CDs, and the Brotherhood of Crahn get's renamed to "Da Brodas o' Crahn"!

:p

Sorry, couldn't help but make some fun out of that.
Sounds valid and seems like it's not just SD then.

Vampire222
04-02-04, 13:22
HAHA Your NErfED!

Comie
04-02-04, 13:41
shadow, i play an APU you know that, have been since ive been on this damn game, so when i say interesting i mean not

'oh look a tank' *wham wham wham wham* 'oh look a dead tank...next?'

easy

alig
04-02-04, 14:15
yeah i think they nerfed it somehow, ive never once since ive been playin this game hit a buffed pe twice and done 38 dmg overall with 2 hl shots....most of the time [99%] u will hit 1 really low shot and the next one is almost guaranteed to be alot higher...well 18 and 20 is not acceptable considering he can do 2 blasts to me with a pe and do around 1/3 of my hp:mad:

Darkborg
04-02-04, 15:13
im a pe and i noticed this as well. Hl isnt really stinging like it used too.

kinda rediculus though 50 dmg to me and i nearly killed the guy (apu).
This isnt balanced, especially not vs these new damn super cs/dev tanks we have running around now.

Clownst0pper
04-02-04, 15:29
This isnt balanced, especially not vs these new damn super cs/dev tanks we have running around now

Your a PE? ur sposed to ******** apu's

when they arent buffed. Thats the whole point, Or its a shit apu...jeez

kurai
04-02-04, 16:04
If one was of a more cynical frame of mind you might start to suspect that the endless undocumented fucking around with weapon capabilities was done deliberately, with the aim of preventing anyone being able to make valid comparisons across weapons and classes.

Ho hum. We shall see ...

phunqe
04-02-04, 16:07
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That's actually a good idea...

Skills would be Passive Rap Use, Aggresive Rap Use, Rap Power, Mental Rappiness and Rap Resist!

Then monks would instead of using Psi, would instead make use of the mystic powers of Rap to hurt people! No man in the world would be safe!

Also make sure the Crahn Power Guantlet get's replaced with the Crahn Power Boombox, Psi Modules get replaced with CDs, and the Brotherhood of Crahn get's renamed to "Da Brodas o' Crahn"!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OMFG I cannot breathe.... hahahahahahha omg that's adsfadsfagg

AHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHA
*implosion*

Deanus_willis
04-02-04, 16:07
I had a HL and i traded it for a CS for my Tank. What does that tell you?

(apart from im stupid :wtf: )

HL is nerfed, i do more damage with my new CS :eek:

SorkZmok
04-02-04, 16:09
A CS burst now does twice the damage of two average HL hits to my PE.
I know the CS got a huge (and i hope not permanent) boost in damage, but i can take way more HLs now then i could before the patch.

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 19:17
Originally posted by Comie
shadow, i play an APU you know that, have been since ive been on this damn game, so when i say interesting i mean not

'oh look a tank' *wham wham wham wham* 'oh look a dead tank...next?'

easy

Yes but it was overnerfed, and when you combine that with other people getting their weapons boosted, it's a bit too much.

I i just hope apus don't become a ppu strap on class.

Darkborg
05-02-04, 01:18
my point was this was a shoot out and the apu STARTED shooting.
IM supposed to take more than 50 dmg when he starts blasting the shit outta me with HL.
took like 2 or 3 bursts from my judge to take him down to almost dead. in which time he got off what 4-7 hls.
AND I ONLY TOOK 50 DMG cs does what too me now per burst 87.
They really need to undo some things here methinks.

Or at least Post em in da damn Patchnotes next time.

mdares
05-02-04, 01:19
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That's actually a good idea...

:p

Sorry, couldn't help but make some fun out of that.
Sounds valid and seems like it's not just SD then.

ah i typed that during class so gimmie a break sheesh =p

ServeX
05-02-04, 04:53
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
LOLOOOL U GOT SERVED

...you got served

Cyphor
05-02-04, 11:35
Apart from lupus saying 90% of the rares were boosted, has kk made any other response to the weapons effects after the last two patches? Is the insane dmg on some weps and weak dmg on others going to be fixed? Or was this infact intended? Imo they owe us at least an explanation or to put our minds at rest to tell us they know of it, and are looking into it.

On topic from what ive seen hl has had major nerfage :( dont make my apu use fire apoc...

LordError
05-02-04, 11:47
Well i guess some of the nerf is because of the DS and PSI Core ppw nerfage.
Im not that experinced so i might be shooting blanks.

Cyphor
05-02-04, 11:50
Originally posted by LordError
Well i guess some of the nerf is because of the DS and PSI Core ppw nerfage.
Im not that experinced so i might be shooting blanks.

Nah all that did was lower your mana pool and drop the % dmg on the spell slightly, which can be got back by loming or psi boost. My experience is from the hl being full capped just as it was before the patch just with less mana :(

Comie
05-02-04, 12:13
Originally posted by Darkborg
my point was this was a shoot out and the apu STARTED shooting.
IM supposed to take more than 50 dmg when he starts blasting the shit outta me with HL.
took like 2 or 3 bursts from my judge to take him down to almost dead. in which time he got off what 4-7 hls.
AND I ONLY TOOK 50 DMG cs does what too me now per burst 87.
They really need to undo some things here methinks.

Or at least Post em in da damn Patchnotes next time.

oh no, shadow i agree... i just ment if it was intentional then things are gunna get interesting... but i'd love my Fire apoc to get a boost... (as well as the HL return to power thang) cos (using someone elses argument - dont ask me who) FA is a higher TL and it does less damage etc (not bothered about RoF i can live with 87 cap)

Furion
05-02-04, 12:15
anyone tried the energy beam? mine sux at 550% dmg

t0tt3
05-02-04, 13:22
Well played a APU monkey for 12 months now or so but this really sucks...

Nerf range... done
Nerf dmg... done
Nerf speed... done
Nerf PSI imps... done

Well gonna take my stuff and collect tank equ if this goes on.
We got almost as bad range as pistol PE:s now and 11 - 16 HLS on a tank is ok :rolleyes:

tuxy
05-02-04, 13:43
yes its nerf before the patch when i was playing my tank id see a apu with a hl and id think ack gota take him out real fast or im toast
but now it seems like i have all the time in the world to take them down
but hey guys look on the bright side now you get more than just monks at a op fight :)

Nysh
05-02-04, 13:55
Just think of this as the end of an era. Now all of us APUs get to sell all our worthless rare shit to poor, unsuspecting newbies, and then we can LoM to PPUs! Instead of just general Monk-acron it will be plain PPU-acron. Everyone will have at least 2 PPU friends, and pvp battles will last for 5 hours. Nobody will ever die unless they FRE. Hooray.

Anyway, I just got my HL after the patch. I went to test it on my buffed PE pal, and the first shot did like 15 damage. Yay. As a monk, I have the worst defense of all the classes, and now I do the worst up-front damage of all the classes. It's pretty sad when even a spy can take you down while you're using a Direct Damage spell.

Oh well. Guess I'll just rely on my poison beam and try to trade my HL for a FA or something.

tuxy
05-02-04, 14:04
Originally posted by Nysh

Oh well. Guess I'll just rely on my poison beam and try to trade my HL for a FA or something.

u do not want to see the damage the fa does
it will break your heart ;d

Thanatos
05-02-04, 14:22
HL was indeed reduced in damage. As far as I know this was unintentional and will be rectified.

alig
05-02-04, 14:45
Well is there a chance we could have an emergency patch like u did for the freezers [196] cuz atm an apu is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Darkborg
05-02-04, 16:59
hey Thanatos thanks for telling us. Its good to know thats its not just the usual collective insanity spreading;)

look into the general gun damage as well please i dont know if cs was intended to get a dmg boost but it did and i for one think it might be a bit too much.

Duder
05-02-04, 17:06
Originally posted by Thanatos
HL was indeed reduced in damage. As far as I know this was unintentional and will be rectified.

Nooooooooo

El_MUERkO
05-02-04, 17:56

Thanatos any word on the CQFA nerf, its range was shortened and the stacks seem to drop quicker though I havent done much testing.

Shadow Dancer
05-02-04, 19:28

Ahhh interesting.

Thanks for the official response, much appreciated.

Ascension
05-02-04, 19:53
glad it was a bug.. its kinda of annoying fighting non apu's:(

t0tt3
05-02-04, 21:36
Thnx for that... now I dont need to LOM to PPU :p

SirRah
06-02-04, 03:56
well HL got bugwise nerfed and FA got bugwise boosted.... great eh? :p

but i really think FA should do slightly more dmg than before. so dont un-boost it completly.

Psyco Groupie
06-02-04, 04:14
I think all apu spells should turn someone into a rat when its cast on them .. just think .. if theres a patch theres a chance they could go from rats to mc5 base commanders!