PDA

View Full Version : Join proxy session failed

ZoneVortex
04-02-04, 05:58
I get this when I try to log onto another account with another copy of the neocron client on the same comp

ideas?

Psychoninja
04-02-04, 06:05
I still don't think you can dual with dual clients, even though it allows dual clients now. Odin said something about it giving you warning now, or summit.

ZoneVortex
04-02-04, 06:17
it gave me a warning, and i said ok

so i had both clients open, but when i tried to log onto my friend's tank while on my PE it said Join proxy session failed on the login screen

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 06:17
I get that message too whenever I try to log on another char from a different account before the other char has "disappeared" from the server or before my router releases the connection.

I think that the servers think you are trying to log on two chars on the same server from the same account at the same time, which, of course, we all know can't be done.

Usually exiting back to the desktop and relaunching NC works for me.

I don't know if that helps or not, but I tried. :D

Good luck.

ZoneVortex
04-02-04, 06:19
fixed thanks :D

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 06:32
Here's an example of when I had this problem before:

I log on PsiFreak
-> change localport in neocron.ini
I log on Elan Amendir

(now, I need my roommates researcher Larry Laffer)

I log out PsiFreak
I relaunch Neocron
Try to log in Larry Laffer
Join Proxy Session Failed

The problem here is that I forgot to change the localport address before trying to log in Larry. At this point the localport address I am attempting to use is being used by Elan Amendir, so I get the error message.

A quick trip to the neocron.ini file and change to the localport address and I've got joy again.

God, I hope that made sense. I've been awake on 2 hours of sleep for almost 20 hours. Damn, I'm tired. :lol:

/edit: Oh well, at least you got it fixed, eh?

Mr Friendly
04-02-04, 08:15
i kinda get sumthin like this... :

if i exit out of neocron cuz im bugged or just cuz im exiting, & it takes me back to the log in screen, if i try to log back in, it says "Join Proxy Session Failed".

i have win xp: home edition NOW, & before w/ win 2k: professional it didnt do this. i was able to log right back on n stuff

is this a known xp problem er summin?

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 08:17
I don't know if it's a 'known' XP problem or not.

I run XP Pro, my roommate runs 98 and he gets the same thing from time to time.

Who knows?

Opar
04-02-04, 10:09
I run XP, and whenever I log off my character using escape, and try to log on without exiting Neocron, it says proxy session failed.

So i just alt+f4 all the time.

XenivouS
04-02-04, 10:12
Originally posted by Opar
I run XP, and whenever I log off my character using escape, and try to log on without exiting Neocron, it says proxy session failed.

So i just alt+f4 all the time.

Yep I do the same, and i cant figure out why it keeps telling me thisO_o

Revslad
04-02-04, 10:43
yea i get the same thing its really getting on my nerves to keep loading neocron all the time to change comps, so i decidedto make my second comp my host and my main my client comp.. its really shit and anoying:mad:

Birkoff
04-02-04, 11:20
Just wait 20 seconds on the login screeen for your char to logout.

THen log in and your fine.