PDA

View Full Version : Best setup

Invertigo
04-02-04, 02:57
What is the best con setup for a melee tank ???

QuantumDelta
04-02-04, 03:00
No one will tell you the best.

Here's a suggestion;
This is not the best, nor is it perfect, but it's a nice place to start.
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/Ultima/UltimaTankMC.jpg

Try improving on this (Program credits to BlaseHase at www.neocronnetwork.de )

Oh yea, that's slightly outta date too, since it has no poison, you might wanna account for that.

Psycho_Soldier
04-02-04, 04:07
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
No one will tell you the best.

Here's a suggestion;
This is not the best, nor is it perfect, but it's a nice place to start.
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/Ultima/UltimaTankMC.jpg

Try improving on this (Program credits to BlaseHase at www.neocronnetwork.de )

Oh yea, that's slightly outta date too, since it has no poison, you might wanna account for that.

Just a tip for those of you. There is too much xray and energy, and too much fire, and too much ATL :p.

Invertigo
04-02-04, 04:30
i didnt mean the best just what is pretty good one.

QuantumDelta
04-02-04, 04:35
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Just a tip for those of you. There is too much xray and energy, and too much fire, and too much ATL :p. I thought I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about that? o_O

Psycho_Soldier
04-02-04, 08:02
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I thought I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about that? o_O

Depends on what you mean by "that". I didn't really tell him anything. He should test it to find out what he can do with is all.

Mr Friendly
04-02-04, 08:06
Just a tip for those of you. There is too much xray and energy, and too much fire, and too much ATL :p.

incorrect :p

Psycho_Soldier
04-02-04, 08:07
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
incorrect :p

No, it isn't. I did my work, and with others help. I am not gonna take information from a GM without testing it first. I tested, and found out its wrong, or at least bugged. If resist cap is supposed to be at 114, it infact is not with my setup, at least, not noticable, not even by 1 damage point.

Mr Friendly
04-02-04, 08:11
sure, ok :rolleyes: :D :lol:

i know what im talkin bout when it comes to con setups n resists, ask anyone who knows me :angel:

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 08:13
your a hybrid, that means you got no friends :) so hows he gonna ask ppl who know you!

Psycho_Soldier
04-02-04, 08:13
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
sure, ok :rolleyes: :D :lol:

i know what im talkin bout when it comes to con setups n resists, ask anyone who knows me :angel:

Ask your clan when they try and kill me... :rolleyes:

Peeping Tom
04-02-04, 08:15
you could drop the atl to 0 base and put it inn por insted, on that setup
K4F

Mr Friendly
04-02-04, 08:18
Ask your clan when they try and kill me... :rolleyes:

w/out a ppu near u? :p :rolleyes: :lol:

neway, what im sayin is, it may be too much in those areas, it may be too little, it may be too much in only certain areas, it may be too lil in certain areas. what i meant was that actually the ENR & FIR looks almost just right, i doubt anyone needs THAT much xray protection @_@, but yeah

Invertigo
04-02-04, 09:02
getting little off subject..... does any1 else have a good setup that they reccomend for me to use?

naimex
04-02-04, 12:00
Go experiment..

No one can tell you what a good CON setup is because :

-Each person has their way of playing, their way of doing combat
-Each way of doing combat / playing has itīs own way of setting up CON

Think about :
"What do I need? Speed ? Resists ? Health ? Stamina ?"
"What kills me? Poison ? Fire ? Energy ? X-Ray ?"
"What can I do to make this better ?"
"What seems logical ?"

Think about these.. grab a bunch of pills. go wasted up for a few hours and try it ? go hunting, go nf go running.. try it for a week or two...

"Damn itīs good?" <-> "Damn it sucks"

Redo Lines..

"What do I need?"
"What can i do to make it work.."
"What ......"
"W....."

:) :)

Takes ages.. Lose XP.. might spend eternity finding the most ubar setup for you uniquely..

Thatīs how i do it...

Benjie
04-02-04, 12:12
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
you could drop the atl to 0 base and put it inn por insted, on that setup
K4F
The Athletics is fine. Any lower would be dumb.

A Melee Tanks needs to cap runspeed.

Barar
04-02-04, 14:01
Marine Moveon Proto AMC 3
Filter 2
bat parts
exp parts
Xray head now

All in weapon lore

92 cons -

94 athletics
121 body health
0 enndur
59 fire
78 energy
114 xray
15 poison

Armours a mix and match dur 4 and inq 4 - prob put remaining points in poison but u know as if im gonna cap cons :)

Worked pretty well for me - tbh its 40% resists 60% skills imho

Make of it what u will

:D :D

Cryton
04-02-04, 14:23
Here is a small tip:

The difference between having 105 and 114 in resist is minimal ;)

/Cryton

Dribble Joy
04-02-04, 14:28
Originally posted by Cryton
Here is a small tip:

The difference between having 105 and 114 in resist is minimal ;)

/Cryton

But the difference between 105 and 130 isn't.

Dade Murphey
04-02-04, 14:40
I was actually just fooling around with this before I went to work today...or is that yesterday...today...I haven't slept yet :D either way...here's what I came up with

The res force might be a bit messed up...but you can fix that... (http://www.pc-architect.com/dade/Melee%20Tank.JPG)

edit:
Hiya nancy!! You slut :D

Cryton
04-02-04, 14:41
@Dripple Im talking natural resists not including armor - the resist caps at 114.

s0apy
04-02-04, 14:56
i'm happy to share a little info.

first off, you don't need silly amounts of MC, around 180-190 is enough depending on the stats of your DG/PoB.

75-85 FOR, depending on armour, should also be enough to cap force and pierce resist.

use PP resist chip, marine, bez3 and moveon for a nice chip setup.

you don't need so much ATH, 65 is enough provided you have invested heavily in AGL (84 TC and the rest in AGL). use spy boost 1 for the extra AGL.

filter heart 1 (or 2 of you can get it).

low HLT too. 100-105 really (including imps). you get a lot more from your MC boost and basic resist.

only use batqueen chest, all other bones should be gamma. your AGL will be high enough without the extra from the exp leg and foot. bat arm really only for levelling up, like i said you don't need that much MC to cap your weapons. BQ chest for the additional END - you can use the gamma chest if you like, but you'll stand a real chance of running out of STA boosters in a long fight. BQ chest just makes it a little easier, but if you like to live on the limit, go for all gamma.

i don't see any drawback to using the MC PA, the extra MC it gives you makes up for the loss of a BQ arm, so that's effectively allowing you to also spec more xray. no slowdown either.

i like the new heavy duranium boots better than the heavy inq boots - they allowed me to spec marginaly more fire and energy resist overall than with the inq boots, and makes capping force and pierce easier too.

int should, for pvp, be entirely in psi use - WEP makes no odds to MC. otherwise, enough to hack a WB (50 odd) and the rest in psi use. an MC tank should be able to get really good stats on TL3 heal.

important is to remember to use strength booster 3 as opposed to the harden back, as it has no negatives worth worrying about, whereas hardenback reduces run speed.

i'd spec poison, yes, but don't go over the top. an MC tank bouncing around like crazy is really hard to hit with a flamer. if in doubt, put less into your poison resist and carry the poison resist drug instead. 40-50 in POR should be enough if you pop the drug every time you see a flamer.

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 15:00
Hmm.. Since you don't really need that much strength as a melee tank, you might want to consider using a reflex booster 3/4 (I'm not sure which one you can use :p) for the skill boosts it gives, it means you'll be able to get even better resists since it boosts your agility and athletics.

Darkborg
04-02-04, 15:05
also be aware that the freq in the stat box of melee weapons is plain wrong.
I belive it caps at a rof of 39 a min.
around 190 mc will get to what i have more or less figured as cap and thats a rof of aprox 90 a min.
This is all from a while ago but im not aware of them having fixed it sooo GL with it.

s0apy
04-02-04, 15:22
Originally posted by Darkborg
also be aware that the freq in the stat box of melee weapons is plain wrong.
I belive it caps at a rof of 39 a min.
around 190 mc will get to what i have more or less figured as cap and thats a rof of aprox 90 a min.
This is all from a while ago but im not aware of them having fixed it sooo GL with it.

important to note that AGL plays a major role in capping MC RoF.