PDA

View Full Version : [OT] A Perfect Circle - London Concert Review

Weazle
04-02-04, 01:55
Just came back from their concert in London tonight. Freaking awesome :D :D

Maynard James Keenan shows he is one of the most best voices in rock music and Josh Freese on drums was spellbinding. Billy Howerdel shows his musicianship with beautiful subtlety. Jeordie White (Twiggy from Marilyn Manson) and James Iha (ex-Smashing Pumpkins) provide wonderful support in the songs.

After the intro, a light reveals a screen on centre stage. As they launch into the song Disappear, A shadow appears on the screen from behind. The enigmatic singer plays some african drums and starts to sing. Throughout the first song, various lights shine through and projecting shadows of varying sizes and angles that make it look like there's many people. When they launch the second song, Pet .... the screens drop ... the crowd cheers and the rumble of guitars, bass and drums come through full force. Throughout the set they played songs from the first album, Mer Der Noms as well as their latest offering The Thirteenth Step.

A Perfect Circle shows that there is real music out there if you look for it. :cool:

I wouldn't compare A Perfect Circle to Tool as they are different beasts ... both bands are great live and on recordings with the only similarity being the voice.

Melissa Auf Der Maur (ex-Smashing Pumpkins, ex-Hole) was the support act. I found them to be ok but not excellent. Her band is a little green and with some more touring experience then their live shows would sound better. ;)

Weazle out :p

TWOK
04-02-04, 02:27
I just wish Nine Inch Nails would drag their lazy arses to London and actualy play the gig they were supposed to a few years ago....I've heard great things about APC but haven't heard any of their stuff, will have check them out sometime.

sanityislost
04-02-04, 02:59
ive been listening to auf der maur for awhile there are chilled wana go see them play with a perfect circle in glasgow but im like working pfft

Xian
04-02-04, 05:11
You what? A Perfect Circle... played in London? I didn't know? O_o

:( I'm off to cry.