PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO 2.22.196 released!

BramTops
03-02-04, 23:59
And here we go again... ;)

new in this version:
- compatibel with patch version 196
- 2nd crosshair added (this one (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87936) by DjFlash)
- website loads faster now because the background image is stored on your harddrive (C:\nclauncher1.jpg). You can modify this image if you want. If you have a good one, post it here and i'll include it in the next version. In other words: Skinning NLpro is back people!

and as always:
- launcher PRO (enhanced website in your launcher with to-many-features-to-list-here)
- graphics update (many ingame graphics replaced/added)
- enhanced crosshair
- enhanced & more detailed NC mini-maps
- enhanced worldmap
- enhanced drone HUD

Sorry, dont have (ingame) screenshots of those features. I'm working on a new website that'll give more detailed info, but that could take a while. But hey, you can always try. You can uninstall the stuff you dont want at any time... (just uninstall and re-install with the features you want).

remember:
- must be installed in the Neocron directory and "enhanced graphics" requires DirectX 9
- All features are optional
- 100% uninstall capable

Download: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

Feedback people! And dont forget to rate

PS. If you've an NLpro account and want your online status (or something else NLpro related) on your sig, send me an PM

Dim
04-02-04, 00:02
dankjewel.. vanmiddag voor t eerst geinstalleerd.. geinig programma'tje...

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 00:07
woot

camo pa work now ?

[TgR]KILLER
04-02-04, 00:08
je mag geen nederlands praten het is een engels forum :p

translation.. just said he couldn't talk dutch on a english forum lol. not that he said something real important.. just that he just used it for the first time and liked it..

still gotta install nlpro.. but still busy setting up this comp :(

BramTops
04-02-04, 00:09
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
woot

camo pa work now ?

I actually have no idea... ;) All the comps/account this is tested on dont have a tank that has it...

But this is an ItemGFX/NCTool problem/bug, so I hope Mighty Max has fixed it with his new release. Lemme know!

Keiron
04-02-04, 02:04
Originally posted by BramTops

- 2nd crosshair added (this one (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87936) by DjFlash)
I love you ever so much.

evs
04-02-04, 02:57
I have found a bug

It appears that the 'milky rens' that have been substituted for strange books last patch still appear as strange books to me, even after a relog.

I have also found 'milky rens' and i have both items side by side :confused:

Is this due to some of the item gfx changes?

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 04:53
/edit: Nevermind, a reinstall of NC fixed whatever the problem was.

Ok, so now that I was able to get the damn thing to install properly, now I don't get any background image in the launcher window.

The background is white. I found the file that was installed on my hard drive so I know what the launcher window is supposed to look like, buy it doesn't.

Why is that?

Mighty Max
04-02-04, 10:52
Then i think i start to know what the problem is :)

Thanks evs and Elfin Lord,

Seems that my patch code isn't working right. So in order to have no problems running the new NLPro with #196 pls follow these steps:

1. Fisrt delete the files "gfx/MOD_gfx.ini" and "defs/MOD_items.def" in your neocron folder.
2. Now run the installation of NLPro

This way ItemGFX should create a new modding database and the settings of the previous patch will be unmapped.

evs
04-02-04, 11:48
Yes that sorted the problem MM nice one.

Also a cosmetic point, but the initial launcher screen shows patch 195 :)

Dim
04-02-04, 12:10
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
je mag geen nederlands praten het is een engels forum :p

translation.. just said he couldn't talk dutch on a english forum lol. not that he said something real important.. just that he just used it for the first time and liked it..

still gotta install nlpro.. but still busy setting up this comp :(
I don't think they mind too much.. as long as they don't get the idea that we're calling each other names and stuff.

Oh and he didn't say I couldn't talk dutch, he said I was a monkey boy :rolleyes: but hey... in Neocron.. who isn't :p

Mighty Max
04-02-04, 12:29
Yes that sorted the problem MM nice one

Thats good to hear, so i can sort it out now.

Original monk
04-02-04, 13:00
bramtops i get crazy when every time you start up with a new patch some stupid errorthingie appears :)

so im glad that you update em very quickly with every patch :)

very nice work again, at first i had my doubt about this launcher but i became a big fan now :)

veel plezier met je leuke launcher en doe zo voort zou ik zeggen (<- lots of pleasure with makin the program and keep up the good work)

ciao

BramTops
04-02-04, 14:03
Originally posted by Mighty Max

Seems that my patch code isn't working right. So in order to have no problems running the new NLPro with #196 pls follow these steps:

1. Fisrt delete the files "gfx/MOD_gfx.ini" and "defs/MOD_items.def" in your neocron folder.

This way ItemGFX should create a new modding database and the settings of the previous patch will be unmapped.

You can also accomplish this by uninstalling NLpro and re-installing it again (uninstalling now removes those files too).

The people who now have a white background: the other "skins" have been removed and I forgot to update the database to revert to the default skin. It should be fixed now.

If you want to make/try your own skin, go ahead! If you think it's really good post it here and share it with the others! I might even include it in next versions... ;)

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 14:07

Well, I'm happy that this fix worked for evs, however it didn't work for me.

I did as you suggested. I deleted those 2 files and reinstalled NLPro.

I still had the same problem, no background image in the launcher window. (By the way, this problem came about after installing NLPro on a clean install of NC patched to 196.)

So, I unistalled NLPro and reinstalled it, but now I have the same problem that I had when I first installed NLPro for patch 196.

I get the following error message:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/elfinlord/itemgfx_error.JPG

When I got the error before, I decided to reinstall Neocron and that worked to allow me install ItemGFX, but I wasn't seeing the background image in the launcher.

So, now I'm back to square one with no clue where to go from here.

I could reinstall Neocron, I suppose (it only takes a few minutes anyway), but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Is this a problem with my system? If so, what could it be? Is anyone else having this problem at all?

Help me!!!!! :mad: Please!!!!!! :confused:

I can install w/o ItemGFX, but that is 70% of the reason that I want to use this program. :(

/edit: Yay, I have a background image now. Thank you, Brams

BramTops
04-02-04, 14:08
Originally posted by evs
Also a cosmetic point, but the initial launcher screen shows patch 195 :)

Thats KK's fault.... :D I get my data (patch version, news items, patch notes) from their launcher website and they forgot to update it (it's done now btw).

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 15:08
Ok, well I decided to reinstall NC anyway and everything works fine now.

I still wonder what the hell happened in the first place.

Anyway, I found a pic hiding on my hard drive that someone else, can't remember who, posted when you first released NLPro and people were skinning for it.

I don't know if anyone else here likes this or not, but I do and would like to see it as an "official" optional skin.

Here it is:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/elfinlord/monk.JPG

If I can get around to it, I will see if I can find out who originally posted this. I would never want to take credit for someone elses work.

Besides, there is no way in hell I could ever make something like that, even if the artwork was done by someone else. I have 0 artistic talent. I can't even draw stick figures. o_O

Mighty Max
04-02-04, 15:20
http://mightymax.org/winamp.png
Heyo,

i have recently released a script for ItemGFX, that lets you control a running Winamp with ease out of Neocron (Fullscreen only atm)

Since NLPro does not include those scripts. (At least i havent read them in the feature list) I have set them for additional DL.

http://mightymax.org/ItemGFX/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

To install this script, extract all files into your ItemGFX-Folder (=Neocron\iGFX for NLPro) and execute the the WinAmp.key. Afterthat you will get the WinAmp control displayed as soon as you log in. Here is an example how it looks:

http://mightymax.org/shoot0001.png

:edit: it requires a winamp 2.x or 5.x running in the packground to work.

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 16:23
@MightyMax, can this WinAmp script be used w/o using NLPro?

My roommate doesn't use NLPro, but might be interested in using this if he can.

Also, where did you get the rpos setup?

Mighty Max
04-02-04, 16:33
This Script can be runned by any ItemGFX installations above 0.6

The rpos setup was somewhere called aqua, i lost the original settings for the rposcolors.ini so i took the first template i could find :p

XenivouS
04-02-04, 18:13
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Well, I'm happy that this fix worked for evs, however it didn't work for me.

I did as you suggested. I deleted those 2 files and reinstalled NLPro.

I still had the same problem, no background image in the launcher window. (By the way, this problem came about after installing NLPro on a clean install of NC patched to 196.)

So, I unistalled NLPro and reinstalled it, but now I have the same problem that I had when I first installed NLPro for patch 196.

I get the following error message:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/elfinlord/itemgfx_error.JPG

When I got the error before, I decided to reinstall Neocron and that worked to allow me install ItemGFX, but I wasn't seeing the background image in the launcher.

So, now I'm back to square one with no clue where to go from here.

I could reinstall Neocron, I suppose (it only takes a few minutes anyway), but I don't want to if I don't have to.

Is this a problem with my system? If so, what could it be? Is anyone else having this problem at all?

Help me!!!!! :mad: Please!!!!!! :confused:

I can install w/o ItemGFX, but that is 70% of the reason that I want to use this program. :(

/edit: Yay, I have a background image now. Thank you, Brams

yeah I get the same error message when i install NC Launcher Pro also and i even tried deleting those files and even uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling Please help!

ElfinLord
04-02-04, 18:34
Originally posted by XenivouS
yeah I get the same error message when i install NC Launcher Pro also and i even tried deleting those files and even uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling Please help!
The only thing that worked for me was to reinstall Neocron. :mad:

At least it only takes like 10 minutes tops to reinstall. ;)

BramTops
04-02-04, 20:56
@Elfinlord:
Yeah, I saw that background before. But imho its not very great. Just a pictures with a few layers over it, not a real "design" (actually, just like the current default background, but ok). I'm looking for some really great designs and i'm sure there are some ppl out there who have the skill...
If you want that picture as your background, just save it as c:\nclauncher1.jpg and you're set.

@ MightyMax:
Great script! Although I dont really like the graphics, the idea is great! I'll see if i can make some time to implement this in NLpro.
For the people who can't wait: just follow MM's directions.

@ the people who still get an error while installing the enhanced graphics feature:
I have no clue. If uninstalling and re-installing of NLpro doesn't work there's really something wrong. And if it even doesn't work on a fresh installation of NC i'm lost... Guess it's bad luck or something or some other program is interfering. I can't really help there much more since it's MightyMax's program. Just install it without the enhanced-graphics feature and try the next versions when they come out.

Mighty Max
04-02-04, 21:03
The image for the WinAmpScript can be modified to whatever you like. Just edit the WinAmp.png and change the layout.

tomparadox
22-02-04, 07:55
i have recently released a script for ItemGFX, that lets you control a running Winamp with ease out of Neocron (Fullscreen only atm)

Since NLPro does not include those scripts. (At least i havent read them in the feature list) I have set them for additional DL.

http://mightymax.org/ItemGFX/module...wdownload&cid=2

To install this script, extract all files into your ItemGFX-Folder (=Neocron\iGFX for NLPro) and execute the the WinAmp.key. Afterthat you will get the WinAmp control displayed as soon as you log in. Here is an example how it looks:

http://mightymax.org/shoot0001.png

:edit: it requires a winamp 2.x or 5.x running in the packground to work.

how did you get your screen to look like that in that pic? the health bars and all that are better looking :/.

Mr Friendly
22-02-04, 09:50
yea seriously, i want those health/stamina/man bars :D :D

tomparadox
22-02-04, 18:38
ya me too. i whant his hole screen thig.

BramTops
22-02-04, 20:52
Really? I *could* put something like that in NLpro.... but i didn't think it was better than what we have now.

I'll take a look and see if something can be done there.

Grts, Bram

Xiphias
23-02-04, 13:01
http://mightymax.org/winamp.png

Well i got this and tbh, its fantastic.. i wasnt happy with the buttons so experimented;)

this is what i got ;)

http://farcryuniverse.com/ncf/pics/mp3.jpg

*the red glow is there so you notice the change*

I had to colour the buttons to match my rpos here:
http://farcryuniverse.com/ncf/pics/WinAmp.PNG

Just overwrite the file and save it here : C:\Program Files\Mighty Max\Item GFX v0.6

and replace your colour ini. with this :

[ DEFAULT ]
Default=51 102 102 255
DefaultText=166 210 210 255
DefaultTextEffect=255 255 255 255
SysMessages=255 160 160 160
GameMessages=200 200 0 160
LocalChat=255 255 255 255
GlobalChat=255 255 255 255
ClanChat=66 132 132 255
TeamChat=51 153 102 255
TeamChat=0 51 153 255
DirectChat=0 204 0 255
Player=200 200 0 160
PlayerNoPK=51 204 102 160
CharSysWarning=255 255 160 160
CharSysBonus=110 255 110 160
CharSysCritical=200 80 60 160
ContextActive=51 153 102 255
ContextNoActive=0 0 0 255
ContextDisabled=128 128 128 255
HighlightText=0 0 0 255
HighlightBackground=51 153 102 255
Item=190 255 230 255
ItemDisabled=128 128 128 255
ItemNotUsable=0 32 0 255
GoodSoullight=100 200 150 255
NeutralSoullight=200 200 150 255
BadSoullight=200 80 60 255
Damage=225 50 35 255
Heal=235 235 20 255
ZoneChat=0 178 145 255
CustomChat=255 255 255 255

El_MUERkO
23-02-04, 13:50
Is there any way to change the colour of the buttons rather than the RPOS colours?

I have my RPOS coloured to my taste and I dont really want to change it.

Ascension
23-02-04, 14:00
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Is there any way to change the colour of the buttons rather than the RPOS colours?

I have my RPOS coloured to my taste and I dont really want to change it.

I posted as xiphias.. hes my bro;)

I guess for the time being i could make it to fit peeps need post a pic of ya rpos and i can do it for ya;)

BramTops
23-02-04, 16:55
The upcomming version of NLpro has winamp controls that will go with any RPOS colour-scheme.

Just waiting for the next version of ItemGFX...

Ascension
23-02-04, 17:02
The upcomming version of NLpro has winamp controls that will go with any RPOS colour-scheme.

yeah ive managed to get mine to go with any colour scheme.. just need it to be moved off the in-game clock and it will work fine ;)

Ascension
23-02-04, 17:02

yeah ive managed to get mine to go with any colour scheme.. just need it to be moved off the in-game clock and it will work fine ;)

El_MUERkO
23-02-04, 17:43
My RPOS is pictured here, its not a great shot thou cause the blast bleeches the colours a bit.

http://forums.synergyxr.net/viewtopic.php?t=161

I didnt photoshop that pic at all :)

spongeb0b
24-02-04, 09:46
I forgot who made the new bat queen imps IGFX but they were really sexeh... if you could put them in the new launcher? they are in the mods forum but i cant member which post.... :(

BramTops
24-02-04, 15:02
Originally posted by spongeb0b
I forgot who made the new bat queen imps IGFX but they were really sexeh... if you could put them in the new launcher? they are in the mods forum but i cant member which post.... :(

I already have received those images from the creator... They will be slightly enhanced and included in NLpro 2.30.196 (=next version).

The new website is comming along nicely (just a few layout-changes and some core-modifications) and all the new scripts and graphics are as good as done.

Now only just this new version of iGFX.... ;)

BramTops
24-02-04, 19:12
Mr Friendly just PMed me with some questions... I thought I'd post it here coz it can help some other runners as well... Here it is:

Mr Friendly wrote on 20-02-04 20:45:
just wondering but does this neocron launcher pro have any downsides? does the game go slower, r u more likely to get hacked? does it contain adware/spyware etc?

if no then, id like the link to get it :P
thnx
(ps: if u could, list any possible positives & negatives about ur program for me)

Heya Mr Friendly!

The current version of NLpro (2.22) does not slow your NC down. But the next version will have some advanced features that *might* slow it down by a few %. I'm currently beta-testing the new version myself but I haven't noticed it.

NLpro has no "downsides" because it only install's what YOU want to use. All features are optional and it's 100% uninstallable.

It contains ABSOLUTLY NO spy-/adware. Many runners are using this and NLpro exists for quite some time now. So it's proven to be reliable.

You can make an account in the NLpro website (displayed in your launcher) that will let you communicate (by PM) with your buddies and has several other nifty features. Your password does NOT have to be the same as your NC account and your password is stored encrypted (by md5 - you can look it up with google or something). Once you've lost it, there's no way to get it back (you can reset your password though - the new pass will be mailed to you). NLpro does NOTHING with your own Neocron/KK account.

There's only one "but". Some people are experiencing problems when installing the "enhanced graphics" feature. For most people it works fine, but there's a slight chance you'll get messed-up item graphics. If this is the case, simple uninstall NLpro and re-install. It might work the next time (it's weird i know... it's a long story). If you dont get it to work, simply de-select that feature when installing NLpro again (afer uninstalling!). All other features can't give you any problems.

You can safely try NLpro. If you dont like it, just use the uninstall function (from add/remove programs in your control panel or the uninstall .exe in your Neocron directory) and your NC installation will return to "normal". There's no risk.

You can download the latest version (2.22) from http://www.creITive.com/neocron
I expect the next version (2.30) to be available within a few days.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Bram

tomparadox
24-02-04, 23:03
i installed it. it gave me a worning about it being at patch 197 or something. so when i run it every time i start the first thing said is spamed on my chat screen about 1500 times. and also happens randomly thruout the time im playing. any idia how to fix this?

BramTops
24-02-04, 23:06
Originally posted by tomparadox
i installed it. it gave me a worning about it being at patch 197 or something. so when i run it every time i start the first thing said is spamed on my chat screen about 1500 times. and also happens randomly thruout the time im playing. any idia how to fix this?
????

It shows that message when you have the file "cp000197.pat" in your \patches directory.

Are you trying to run NLpro on a test-server installation of NC? Coz that wont work.. ;)