PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Possible solution to the gaurd problem.

Tratos
03-02-04, 21:40
Ok i posted this in the City Merc gaurd thread, and thought this seemed a reasonable solution.

So anywho here goes,

If everyone is sick of the gaurds camping zone lines, always being in the same place, how about this as a solution, first off remove all the gaurds, yup remove em, BUT then stick some back, but not stationary, have them patrol in groups of 2, just a few groups of two gaurds walking the sector, just like the copbots do, so for example, in pepper park one, where the majority of complaints are coming from, you'd have two gaurds walk from the club veronique so like sorta leaving it, so it looks better, strolling up the ramps round and up to the neofrag and inside it so they de-spawn, so looking like there going from TS area to TS area, and another set of two gaurds who walk from the zone line with PP2 to that over head bit where they walk around that full part and then back so doing a circuit if you will, and then while these are in the overhead bit, the gaurds who 'went in' neofrag spawn out of the neofrag and make their way back to club veronique, as if checking up on their controlled areas, so it maybe aslong as 7-8 minutes for them to come back to where you are as they would be despawned for a couple minutes, these gaurds would also have no weapon drawn and perhaps if KK could occasionaly do a talk emote so it looks like they're chatting with each other :D

So in summary to this you would have at most 4 yes FOUR gaurds in pepper park 1 at any moment, and possibly one watching the door of TS HQ, this would reduce the gaurds making it easier to PvP in this area, and if the gaurds run across some reds they would draw weapons and shoot but would run along thier patrol line, as if trying to take cover in one of their factions controlled areas

Anywho, any one think this would be a good idea?

Any constructive critisism welcomed. but please i stress no talk of removal of gaurds completly just comment on the idea say wether you like it or not and vote on the poll, which i'll try and make as less biased as i can.

@ Mods, please dont merge this with the gaurd bashing threads.

Thank You

Regards

~Tratos

Judge
03-02-04, 21:47
Yes very good... I have always been a supporter of moving guards. I mean IRL no guard just stands there all day, they move around and patrol for a while. Now that there are patrolling copbots this should be easier to put in than if it were a completely new idea. :)

EDIT: ok.... who voted no? :mad:

Tratos
03-02-04, 21:49
Ok who did vote no?

i would like a response to your option chosen in the poll, like it or not, it may give me ideas on how to imporve change this idea.

Regards

~Tratos

Rade
03-02-04, 21:51
Great idea. 5 stars. It also makes the guards feel more alive and
realistic which is one of my other big beefs with them atm. If they
patrol they could also all have the KoS setting and people would
have to avoid the guards instead of the guards just crawling
around in your face but not shooting like it is now.

Keiron
03-02-04, 22:20
I love it, 5 stars!

Xizor
03-02-04, 22:21
Combine it with making them weaker so it's possible to take them down (maybe like the 70/70 oz8 guards?).
5 stars.

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 22:42
Yes! Weaker guards plus guard patrols is a good idea. I'd like to see rival guards patrol the same area as well. Think of how cool it'd be to see crahn, black dragon, and tsunami guards fighting each other in pepper park 3:)

I've never given a thread stars before but if I knew how I'd give this one 5 :P

Arrakis
03-02-04, 23:43
Sounds good to me, also could reduce the amount of people abusing them to their advantage.

Tratos
03-02-04, 23:53
:)

Nice critisism so far, and thanks for comments, Rade i like this, so they dont just shout at em then take fire but actualy when they see shoot, but still run for cover if you know what i mean :)

So anywho, keep posting and voting, maybe this could get through into the game and improve the PvP in pepper park and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Regards

~Tratos

Tratos
04-02-04, 01:42
:mad:

Rite i dont get this

you people whinge whine shout swear complain to sort out the fucking faction gaurds, somone thinks up a reasonable way to fix this and you ignore it, the majority of you have, this idea could make your pvp life in pp ALOT easier, but since the fact that no one has replied to this its given it and EVEN LOWER chance of helping, you whingers whiners and complainers, i bet if i posted a fucking nerf the gaurds / remove the gaurds thread it would have about 2 pages worth of weight before it got closed from the bitching and flaming inside it.

and you people think WHY oh WHY things like this take LONGER than there supposed to, to get the game more enjoyable for you, when you just ignore a thread, with a perectly suitable idea, even tho all ideas need a bit of rethinking, im not saying that this WOULD get introduced, but if you people actualy took the time to read a decent idea, which if supported enough by the community would have a greater but still slim chance of being thought about by KK, possibly making it ingame in some sort of way shape or form to make the game more enjoyable for YOU.

Remember i didnt say this should be ingame or will be ingame but the fact some of you people spend more time in the whinge whine complain threads than in the ones which could in long term help you disgusts me.

:mad:

~Tratos