PDA

View Full Version : To the KK community

and1guy
03-02-04, 20:26
Recently my PPU account was hacked.. all characters deleted on all servers, i asked or a rollback.. they did it on my tank on saturn.. all good but lost 4 str levels. Ok cool. They rollback my PPU to where i was a noob 80 base psi.. i still have my god damn APU spells when i was apu.. wtf!!?? i email em back saying they messed up, they say the last backup was then.. that backup was over 4 months ago!! wtf are they doing.. i have no DS, no nothing.. get your fucking act together KK because that is bullshit..

Zanathos
03-02-04, 20:28
hmmm...

there should be backups made of characters every 2 weeks.....

Argent
03-02-04, 20:28
You should be happy to get anything more than 100k money .

:-)

naimex
03-02-04, 20:29
well.. i can see that kinda sucks for you..

but... tbh.. i think you should consider yourself lucky they even bothered doing the rollback for you..

and perhaps you should try to speak a bit more polite to them.. they might actually feel like answering you ^^

Organics
03-02-04, 20:34
Yeah you are pretty lucky IMO to get something, if this was Ultima Online you would get nothing.

Marx
03-02-04, 20:37
Originally posted by Organics
Yeah you are pretty lucky IMO to get something, if this was Ultima Online you would get nothing.

This is truth.

Be happy with what you got, because there are others who had similar things happen and received nothing.

t0tt3
03-02-04, 20:38
:rolleyes: [edit]

Shadow Dancer
03-02-04, 20:39
t0t3 u talk like that to one of the leaders of your clan?????

t0tt3
03-02-04, 20:40
I am just drunk and dont read any signs ^^

Still it aint nothing to do here...

ezza
03-02-04, 20:41
Originally posted by and1guy
Recently my PPU account was hacked.. all characters deleted on all servers, i asked or a rollback.. they did it on my tank on saturn.. all good but lost 4 str levels. Ok cool. They rollback my PPU to where i was a noob 80 base psi.. i still have my god damn APU spells when i was apu.. wtf!!?? i email em back saying they messed up, they say the last backup was then.. that backup was over 4 months ago!! wtf are they doing.. i have no DS, no nothing.. get your fucking act together KK because that is bullshit.. this fucking shit pisses me off, proberbly some little fucker who hasnt got the skill to beat you so resorts to fucking people over by other tactics.

lame

i was pissed when i had my account hacked and some items taken, id have gone balistic if i found my tank deleted

40$Poser
03-02-04, 20:42
if he didn't give out any info about his account, then how could it be his fault his account got hacked? [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 20:42
Hello, I'm not a computer guy, so I don't know how exactly someone's account gets hacked. Can anyone suggest any safeguards I might not know about, because I thought all the account stuff was on KK's side.

Marx
03-02-04, 20:45
Originally posted by 40$Poser
if he didn't give out any info about his account, then how could it be his fault his account got hacked? [ edited ]

Well, I sincerely doubt that people who get their accounts hacked are the victims of elite script kiddies.

All the people who've whined about being hacked that I know have let other people use their accounts.

Anyway, I have a shitload of rares, got some complete mc5 chips and nearly 80 million credits on pluto.

Someone hack me.

hack me now.

:rolleyes:

Was I hacked yet?

C'mon you hackers.

Organics
03-02-04, 20:46
@Chainsaw

Most obvious one, don't use the remember password option.

Change password a LOT, use alphanumeric, uppercase, lowercase, combinations, everything you can think of. Oh and DON'T write it down on your computer, do it on a bit of paper or something.

Organics
03-02-04, 20:47
Originally posted by Marx
Well, I sincerely doubt that people who get their accounts hacked are the victims of elite script kiddies.

All the people who've whined about being hacked that I know have let other people use their accounts.

Anyway, I have a shitload of rares, got some complete mc5 chips and nearly 80 million credits on pluto.

Someone hack me.

hack me now.

Was I hacked yet?

C'mon you hackers.

*grabs TL30 Hacking Tool*

:D

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 20:48
Ah okay, nothing I don't already do:) Was afraid there was some sneaky backdoor computer thing someone could use on people, you know, technical stuff far beyond me.

Organics
03-02-04, 20:52
Yeah the most common causes are, letting other ppl use your account, never changing your password, having the password as something obvious, and using the remember password option.

IMHO I think it should be disabled in NC, so you can't save your password. They did that in UO after alot of account hacks.

Odin
03-02-04, 20:52
Chainsaw pretty much just the basic common sense stuff.

-Don't tie your accounts to emails with password hint reminders
-Don't use 3rd party programs without being absolutely sure you know what it does
-Don't share your account with anybody no matter how good a friend you think they are (Danae has had cases of neighbours screwing each other over)
-Use solid passwords over at least 6 characters and a mix of letters/numbers and capitalization.

Sure others can add a few tips.

As far as the original poster goes I'm amazed they did it all considering you A) share your account with others and B) Tried to include a character that wasn't even on your account to begin with.

MrBiggles
03-02-04, 20:57
Someone hack me.

hack me now.

Dear sir,

It has come to our attention that your account has some problems with it. Please answer the below questions for us:

Account Name:
Password:
Credit Card Type:
Credit Card Number:
Credit Card Expiration Date:
Shoe Size:
Favorite Food:

Thank you for taking the time to verify your account information, we will get things working as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding in this matter!

Organics
03-02-04, 21:00
Better add Credit Card start date too :D Some places ask for it :lol:

Ran
03-02-04, 21:00
I've found an easy way of getting strong, 'random' passwords is to memorize a trail of keys across the keyboard, perhaps mixed with phonetic hints. You'd be amazed at how quickly your muscle memory picks it up and you don't even have to thing to type it... despite it being complete jibberish to someone with a dictionary script.

Marx
03-02-04, 21:01
Originally posted by MrBiggles

Account Name: johndoe
Password: donthaxormeplz
Credit Card Type: mastercard
Credit Card Number: 1234567890123456
Credit Card Expiration Date: 03/09
Shoe Size: 10
Favorite Food: Unagi Maki

Oh shizzy, I been haxed!

WebShock
03-02-04, 21:01
i think its bullshit that you have to beg and plead and damn near give someone a oral release to get them to unfuck something like this.

I was in need of a rollback back in december. Im still waiting for my rare app to be rolled. It hasnt happened .

thanks to all u lame idiots who fucked it up for all of us who actually do need these things from kk. they are so paranoid now of getting exploited that they dont help anyone.

Organics
03-02-04, 21:05
Yeah unfortunately it's the case of not really having any official proof that you got hacked.

In Ultima Online, there were several cases where players had made their character a PKer, and died in "statloss" (meaning 20% loss of all skills, incredibly nasty in the old days of UO), then teh emailed Origin and told them that the account had been hacked blah blah blah, I think Origin in the beginning DID give things back, but after a while there were too many people trying to exploit so they just flat out said "No."

Anyone that has had KK give back to them after their account has been hacked is extremely lucky, as I said.

:)

and1guy
04-02-04, 03:09
im pissed cuz i lost a DS, 5 slot every ppu spell.. shelter/D/heal etc.. all artifact ppu rares.. lots of rare parts, and they roll my character back to 4 months ago when i was a noob, be greatful?? i myswell start from scratch.. its fucking retarded how lame ppl can be cuz they cant beat you in a video game..

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 03:12
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I agree with Odin. lol

I'm amazed they did all of that for you, when in the past they gave me only 100k, didn't even roll back chars for some of them, AND you shared your account with other people.

The only major loss was the DS, that really sucks. :(

Tazo
04-02-04, 03:59
*looks*
*blinks*
*rubs eyes*
do my eyes deceive me?
*rubs again*
*blinks again*
no they dont...

ONOZ! SD stole Rades Avatar and Sig!!! :eek:

Glok
04-02-04, 04:37
Originally posted by Tazo
*looks*
*blinks*
*rubs eyes*
do my eyes deceive me?
*rubs again*
*blinks again*
no they dont...

ONOZ! SD stole Rades Avatar and Sig!!! :eek: WTF.

I really gotta stop identifying posters by their avatars...

jernau
04-02-04, 04:56
Originally posted by Zanathos
hmmm...

there should be backups made of characters every 2 weeks.....

More like every day or better yet add transaction logging on valuable items. Of course that would mean dumping the Fisher Price Database that they won't even talk about any more......

wrt security - 2 things mentioned here are not 100% right :
1) Changing passwords a lot only helps if you think you are vulnerable to certain threats. Changing for the sake of it just adds more opportunites for it to be intercepted.
2) Similarly - not using "remember password" means you type it in every time. It's many times easier for someone to get it then from a keylogger or by watching you type it in than it is by hacking your registry and de-munging the hash.

@threadstarter - If what Odin says is true it sounds like you deserve all you get, if not then you can join a long list of annoyed customers some of whom may not have brought it upon themselves in some way.

SamuraiPizzaCat
04-02-04, 05:14

Someone hack me.

hack me now.

Was I hacked yet?

C'mon you hackers.

I need a Spy Boost 3:p

Lord Mansion
04-02-04, 12:26
No mention of increased security in the DOY "feature" list.

They should keep track of IP numbers logging into accounts and also have unique IDs for items in-game.

I rather have that than better graphics - Jesus.

J. Folsom
04-02-04, 12:45
It's more secure to use the password storing option, the encryption is dependant on your computer's hardware and some other computer unique stuff, so even if the hackers were to take it from the registry, unles they have your exact computer or way too much time it'll be fairly hard for them to figure out your password and acces your account.

Beyond that, not sharing your account is of course the best form of security.

Candaman
04-02-04, 12:53
Originally posted by and1guy
im pissed cuz i lost a DS, 5 slot every ppu spell.. shelter/D/heal etc.. all artifact ppu rares.. lots of rare parts, and they roll my character back to 4 months ago when i was a noob, be greatful?? i myswell start from scratch.. its fucking retarded how lame ppl can be cuz they cant beat you in a video game..

Welcome to my world when my char got deleted he got rolled back to 85 psi and 70 int missing my apu kami and a hell of a lot of other things but i was still thankfull for that. I would have rather quit than re-levelled.

BTW if u need any shit chris let me know i got a load of spare of all ppu stuff or if u wanna stay apu i got some spare of that

Cannings

El_MUERkO
04-02-04, 13:06
Originally posted by Lord Mansion

They should keep track of IP numbers logging into accounts and also have unique IDs for items in-game.

what he said... well I'm greedy so I want both.

Comie
04-02-04, 13:44
been hacked, i even have the ingame email to prove it.

what did i get in return? jack shit.
just a oh well we dont care...
have a look at this link.

I have to thank the pluto community ( yu know who yu are) for getting me back on my feet...

still not quite there but almost.

deac
04-02-04, 15:03
Originally posted by Lord Mansion

yes please make this come true....

I fucking hate how bad kk handles things like this... and WTF is up with having 3+ month old backups? jeesus...

its unprofessional and it makes me sad that a company can have this bad customer service.

I never had a problem like this and I hope i don't get one... It would be the end of one or maybe more of my accounts...

They just don't realise how much freaking work ppl do to make their chars good. And no maxing out a monk for the Nth time isn't much fun.

Marx
04-02-04, 16:51
Name a game which would jump in to help a 'hacked' person.

UO? No. DAoC? No. EQ? No. SW:G? No. AO? possibly but must beg alot. AC? No. Realm? No.

Hell, if you go through and list all the names I doubt you'd find many 'yes's.

Nidhogg
04-02-04, 17:22
They're hardly going to plaster it all over the feature list now are they? ;)

N

deac
04-02-04, 22:21
Name a game which would jump in to help a 'hacked' person.

UO? No. DAoC? No. EQ? No. SW:G? No. AO? possibly but must beg alot. AC? No. Realm? No.

Hell, if you go through and list all the names I doubt you'd find many 'yes's.

well then the mmo industry just fucking suck and need to take a loong look into the mirror and go read a customer care book.

Marx
04-02-04, 23:08
Originally posted by deac
well then the mmo industry just fucking suck and need to take a loong look into the mirror and go read a customer care book.

They all adobt a similar stance.

If they get hacked, they'd take care of it ala RO.

But its up to the player to make sure thier account status is secure. Because lets get real, no one's hacking into KK's computers to get this info, if someone did, they'd do alot more than piss off some 'high profile' players.

I really don't understand how people can hold the company responsible when it's really the players fault it happened.

Will they offer assistance? Generally. Depends on how heavy their workload is. Do they have to? I haven't read anything that states so; but as usual I might just be oblivious to it.

Originally posted by Nidhogg
They're hardly going to plaster it all over the feature list now are they? ;)

N

Would be great if they did.

:p