PDA

View Full Version : Dex armour

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 20:07
yo all,

ive just been wondering how come monks get there own psi armour which only requires psi levels and us spies and PE's etc need str armour? kinda sucks not cos of that but cos of the fact psi armour gives such good energy resist, i know this would never happen but as my own personal opinion it would be great ecspecially for spies to have dex armour or something, which PE's can use 2 if they wish. it would be nice to have for example only a very small amount of force resist meaning u would have to concentrate it on str skill and have more energy resist, and/or fire resist, meaning no more dex nerfing to use inq boots 1, which is still crap. i know it wud never happen and it wud create a lot of problems but this is my own opinion of something id like, wot do u think?

naimex
03-02-04, 20:11
Originally posted by cRazy2003
yo all,

ive just been wondering how come monks get there own psi armour which only requires psi levels and us spies and PE's etc need str armour? kinda sucks not cos of that but cos of the fact psi armour gives such good energy resist, i know this would never happen but as my own personal opinion it would be great ecspecially for spies to have dex armour or something, which PE's can use 2 if they wish. it would be nice to have for example only a very small amount of force resist meaning u would have to concentrate it on str skill and have more energy resist, and/or fire resist, meaning no more dex nerfing to use inq boots 1, which is still crap. i know it wud never happen and it wud create a lot of problems but this is my own opinion of something id like, wot do u think?

*cough* antiradiation suit *cough* 200 xray resist *cough* spy armor dex 115

Lifewaster
03-02-04, 20:13
Doesnt PE PA require dex?

Shelty1
03-02-04, 20:17
yeah..and more dex based armour would be shure to boost pe's and tbh that isnt really necessary atm.

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 22:48
i mean a lot higher dex based armour for spies
and the anti-rad suit just sucks, i can enuf x-ray resist from my pa

alig
03-02-04, 22:55
The reason monks get there own armour is common sense in its self surely...

Rade
03-02-04, 22:57
All armor should be str based except the PAs. The psi armor is
just stupid. Without it maybe monks wouldnt be so assfuck
stupidly hard to balance.

edit: all armor except the belts that is, theyre kewl.

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 22:58
I disagree, Rade. I think the belts are all pretty balanced (the intelligence ones at least).

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 22:59
well like i said it was my opinion for a uber spy-o-cron even tho it may suck :p

Rade
03-02-04, 23:00
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
I disagree, Rade. I think the belts are all pretty balanced (the intelligence ones at least).

Stupid me forgot the belts. Yes the belts are fine.

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 23:02
hey thats another thing as well the only decent armour we have which is the heavy belts and monks can use it as well AND all there psi armour o_O

Cytaur
03-02-04, 23:05
PSI armour is basically just some weak crap but surrounded with HOLY ENERGY fools

the PA's have dex reqs because YOU RETARDS WHINED about everyone having a PowerArmour, not just TANKS who the ONLY are SUPPOSED to HAVE IT....

DEATH TO NON TANK POWER ARMORS

alig
03-02-04, 23:05
ok. u must forget about an apu who has next to no resists rade? dont say an apu should be wearing str12 and below armour....fucking hell, wot is it with everyone on this game, if there character isnt bob fucking on perfect then everyone and everything around them is un ballanced and should be deleted/banned for being there or nerfed so there character can easily kill them...the game is balanced, if u loose it isnt ur character IT IS FUCKING YOU. :rolleyes:

Rade
03-02-04, 23:06
hey thats another thing as well the only decent armour we have which is the heavy belts and monks can use it as well AND all there psi armour o_O

And the Spy PA which is the best piece of armor in the game. And
the heavy belts are the second best pieces of armor in the game.
Spies shouldnt really be complaining. If implanted for inq-1 they
have the same armor+resist/health potential as PEs does due to
the ubar armor.

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 23:08
im not bothered about PA's im bothered about the psi armour holy spirit bootts gives like 30 energy armour if i can remember correctly o_O and with the entire set AND more con then spies thanks a hell of a lot of resists

Rade
03-02-04, 23:08
Originally posted by alig
ok. u must forget about an apu who has next to no resists rade? dont say an apu should be wearing str12 and below armour....fucking hell, wot is it with everyone on this game, if there character isnt bob fucking on perfect then everyone and everything around them is un ballanced and should be deleted/banned for being there or nerfed so there character can easily kill them...the game is balanced, if u loose it isnt ur character IT IS FUCKING YOU. :rolleyes:

if APUs were more fragile there wouldnt be a problem with them
having uber damage. ATM they have pretty damn good resist
setups due to the extremely good armor they can use, which
means, as has been done in the last few patches theyve had to
be nerfed, and maybe will be even more.

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:09
Well if the dex armor gave less protection than the str armor that PE's can use now I doubt if would boost PE's. Still I think spies should get easy access to duranit/inq 1 armors... spies already use them so it wouldnt overpower anyone either.

Atho Rade has put a nice thought there, maybe all would be easier with only str armors in the game, aside belts ofc... however I think exactly opposite, if everyone had their own sets of armors maybe balance would be easier.

How nice is having different points of view for the same result, aint it?

/edit: no cRazy spies get more con points than apu's iirc.

Cytaur
03-02-04, 23:10
im not bothered about PA's im bothered about the psi armour holy spirit bootts gives like 30 energy armour if i can remember correctly o_O and with the entire set AND more con then spies thanks a hell of a lot of resists

fool refer to my reply above.....

what PSI items are basically cheap kevlar-1 surrounded by holy crahn energy. You need to be so holy to use them..... Why do you think psi armor has so cheap prc/frc resists but good energy resists ?

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 23:11
they shud be they do incredible damage AND have better resists then spies. i spose the only weakness is force but even then monks have next to all there str points on force and that can still be quite a bit

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 23:12
I posted a long time ago now that tanks should have armour comparable to monks, tanks are the 'front line fighters' of neocron, thats what their built for, so why hasnt some smart ass scientist developed some armour for them that protects against more then one type.

Tanks have duranium thats for energy, and inq for fire, no xray armour.

Monks get fire/xray/energy all in one, and ALOT of energy to add to that, plus their PA, plus heavy belts once high enough, what difference does the 100 CON of a tank make when the monks can get near to the same armour values. Only difference is total HP tbh ... thats why monks go down quicker unbuffed. However because of that, APUs cause rediculous damage compared to everyone because unbuffed they go down quick .... see what I mean ? Its one big fucked up circle

Rade
03-02-04, 23:12
Just want to add; the only APUs that whine about having poor
resists and health are the ones that never tried other classes,
once you do, you realise that your setups is on par with everyone
elses bar tanks, and you dont have to do like spies and use gimp
implants to reach inq-1.

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:13
bah I edited but this thread runs too fast.

Spies get more con points than apu's iirc, and also as a spy you can say thanks for being able to drug for better armor or using different implants for better armors.

With the right implant setup or the right drug you can have more resists than apu's, more health and on top of that add stealth.

You just can complain at the apu dmg tho, like everyone does.

/edit: I disagree Rade, I have 9 chars in this game and only one is an apu... my apu monk is the one with less versatility in constitution, even with that godly armor.

Rade
03-02-04, 23:14
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Only difference is total HP tbh ... thats why monks go down quicker unbuffed. However because of that, APUs cause rediculous damage compared to everyone because unbuffed they go down quick .... see what I mean ? Its one big fucked up circle

...and then someone comes around to buff em, and woooo,
monk'a'cron.

alig
03-02-04, 23:14
Originally posted by Rade
if APUs were more fragile there wouldnt be a problem with them
having uber damage. ATM they have pretty damn good resist
setups due to the extremely good armor they can use, which
means, as has been done in the last few patches theyve had to
be nerfed, and maybe will be even more.

Show me an apu that has good resists plz, and take anything piercing towards them, it not only kills u in a few but also slows u down, and if we had such good armour why does a grim kill u quicker than any other class dies, OR why can a y 'bot' kill an apu faster than ANY other class in the game? hmm i wonder. is it because they are defensive monks
:rolleyes:

edit/ i have a high ranked apu and i have every other class in the game, except a pvp spy cuz its merely a gloryfied pe with better guns and worse resists....wots the point? there isnt one and im saying that an apu DOES HAVE shit resists....

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:15
GOD!! this thread is flying!

Rade read my posts.. omg

Rade
03-02-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Sleawer
GOD!! this thread is flying!

Rade read my posts.. omg

Im trying slea :D Im just considering if I should actually load up
my skill manager for the bazilionth time today and make an apu
setup, or just tab into NC and play instead *ponder* Maybe later.
Ive done enough apu setups to know what Im talking about.

Another thing interesting, all other classes take for granted that
moveon and PP resistor will be used in the setup to reach optimal
setups, and in the case of spies also bez-2 and str booster-2 in
some cases. Maybe things have changed but almost all apus ive
talked to laugh at the notion of using anything but chips that
increase your psi stuff.

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:20
Fenyx I disagree... aside ENR tanks have more resists and more health than apu's.

You dont believe me?
Spend a day making apu setups and see what you achieve.

Btw, apu's cannot afford losing even a single implant, cant drug for better armors.. or other armors at all.

I dont want to get tired of saying this.. apu defence is the damage, moveon or pp-resistor will do next to nothing to them. And with the last patch reducing the ppw bonuses it would mean having the ultimate crap of mana or damage... or needing a ppu velcroed to your ass 24/7

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:23
In the other classes, aside my tank which I dont play often, I cap their top weapons with one or even two of those chips.

You are a Rolh user, you should know the difference. Without one of those chips apu's dont cap damage on HL, and of course wont cap mana (no one in sanity does anyway).

alig
03-02-04, 23:23
Im trying slea :D Im just considering if I should actually load up
my skill manager for the bazilionth time today and make an apu
setup, or just tab into NC and play instead *ponder* Maybe later.
Ive done enough apu setups to know what Im talking about.

Another thing interesting, all other classes take for granted that
moveon and PP resistor will be used in the setup to reach optimal
setups, and in the case of spies also bez-2 and str booster-2 in
some cases. Maybe things have changed but almost all apus ive
talked to laugh at the notion of using anything but chips that
increase your psi stuff.

So ur weighin up an apu of a 3rd party program and trying to tell me that im wrong with my capped apu who is actually a LIVIN apu, not a few numbers on a program....:rolleyes:

according to that bollocks program, my tank should take next to no dmg and does he ingame? does he buggery...why? cuz that program is a load of shit, if u wanna test something then test it with urself for fucks sake.

Rade
03-02-04, 23:26
Originally posted by Sleawer
In the other classes, aside my tank which I dont play often, I cap their top weapons with one or even two of those chips.

You are a Rolh user, you should know the difference. Without one of those chips apu's dont cap damage on HL, and of course wont cap mana (no one in sanity does anyway).

Well, I dont cap RoLH, and PEs and Spies that use moveon and
PP resistor sacrifice alot of RoF on their weapons, which has
about the same effect as apus not capping their spells. Its a
choice for all classes to make but you can hardly compare one
char of one class which use defensive chips and willingly lowers
its offence with a char of another class which has all out offence
and then judge the classes defencive capacities through that. Its
just like for example me being a rolh user have stupidly low
defence compared to lib/blacksun users.

shodanjr_gr
03-02-04, 23:29
Wasnt there a time when duranit armor was dex based?

Ehyuko
03-02-04, 23:33
Spies get more con points than apu's iirc, and also as a spy you can say thanks for being able to drug for better armor or using different implants for better armors.

Last I checked a monks con cap was 45, they start with ~10 con points.

Spies have 40 con and start with 10 con points.

While a spy may have decent armour [as far as xray resist is decent] when CAPPED, until they do cap out they have battle armour and medium/light belts.

While the spy PA gives insane amounts of antirad damage... it's a secondary damage type and VERY few mobs in the game do xray damage.

Compare this with monk armour where just pants, helmet and boots give 41 fire, 99 energy and 25 xray armour, PLUS on top of that you can use any belt AND a piece of chest armour - most likely PA which gives further bonuses... and what were monks complaining about?

I'd swap the xray resist on the spy PA for energy or fire in a second, xray is THE most useless resist in the game.

Dex armour for spies would be great, seeing as we are basicly just weaker versions of PEs right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention the drug thing... I'd just like for everyone to recall that monks can use their armour WITHOUT having to change imps or drug up. But for spies to do this makes up for not having any real armour? Please people lets try to be reasonable here.

Rade
03-02-04, 23:34
Originally posted by alig
So ur weighin up an apu of a 3rd party program and trying to tell me that im wrong with my capped apu who is actually a LIVIN apu, not a few numbers on a program....:rolleyes:

according to that bollocks program, my tank should take next to no dmg and does he ingame? does he buggery...why? cuz that program is a load of shit, if u wanna test something then test it with urself for fucks sake.

I have had APUs on two occations, I just dont atm. And I have
been calculating my setups for 14 months now, first in notepad
and now recently in these programs as well, and its been
perfectly accurate every single time. Ive made hundreds of
setups for about every fucking person in every clan Ive ever been
in, and all those people have done very well. And now suddenly
theres something wrong with precalculating setups and you have
to have the char and set the skills ingame to see where its
heading? Exactly what is it you think is wrong with calculating
setups outside neocron, what part of the procedure is it you dont
think will be correct? Doesnt one plus one equal two in neocron
and theres suddenly no way to predict what effect what
equipment will have or what? ffs, thats the most idiotic comment
Ive heard in a long while and that says alot comming from
someone on these forums.

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:43
iirc spies start with 20 con points whereas monks have 10, but not only mean that, I mean that spies have basic resist 2, which are 15 more in poison and 15 more in body health, so yes they have more points than apu's.

Also apu monks have one armor, period, whereas spies can have, besides their x-ray armor which is only comparable to the ENR protection of apu's, a decent variety of str armors only accessible through gimpage on chips or adiction to drugs... (wish my apu could say the same)

You swap your spy armors for what monks have? I wouldnt do on my spy ever.

First ask for swaping properly, let's swap the STR, hence giving apu's the ability to drug for inq armor, also having a heavy belt, also having the same ENR protection swaped for x-ray, AND on TOP of that, stealth... you cant swap just what you like eh Ehyuko?

The only good thing about the apu system over the str armors is that we have en easy leveling, with easy accessible armor. But we arent talking of leveling, dont get me started with what an apu has to do to cap intelligence...

APU's are good yea, and dominate the game with ppu's yea.. but you know why?
It is called team-versatility, and that's the sole reason of why the monk class is imbalanced.

shodanjr_gr
03-02-04, 23:44
Originally posted by Ehyuko
Last I checked a monks con cap was 45, they start with ~10 con points.

Spies have 40 con and start with 10 con points.

While a spy may have decent armour [as far as xray resist is decent] when CAPPED, until they do cap out they have battle armour and medium/light belts.

While the spy PA gives insane amounts of antirad damage... it's a secondary damage type and VERY few mobs in the game do xray damage.

Compare this with monk armour where just pants, helmet and boots give 41 fire, 99 energy and 25 xray armour, PLUS on top of that you can use any belt AND a piece of chest armour - most likely PA which gives further bonuses... and what were monks complaining about?

I'd swap the xray resist on the spy PA for energy or fire in a second, xray is THE most useless resist in the game.

Dex armour for spies would be great, seeing as we are basicly just weaker versions of PEs right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention the drug thing... I'd just like for everyone to recall that monks can use their armour WITHOUT having to change imps or drug up. But for spies to do this makes up for not having any real armour? Please people lets try to be reasonable here.

You seem to forget one tiny iny miny little thingy....

APU MONKS CAN NOT HEAL!!!!!!!!

If they didnt have decent armor they would be pwnd in an instant by everyone.

And Xray is not the worst damage type.

You get almost total invulerability to that. So build your setup around the armor available to you instead of trying to get new armor to fit your setup.

NS_CHROME54
03-02-04, 23:50
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
And Xray is not the worst damage type.

You get almost total invulerability to that.

Not really... spies can still get owned in only a few hits from a johnny 5, even when wearing antirad suit.

Rade
Well, Im not disagreeing with you at all sleawer (heh I actually
typed scikar first, you guys discuss things such a similar
fashion..), I just wanted to correct some of the apus who seem to
be so fast about how the poor apus have such crappy defence.
Well, its not so crappy actually. Its not ubar either but APUs are
definately not as poor of defence-wise as some people try to
make it sound like. I think it would be more interesting if APUs
had less defence and more offence, but that would just
unbalance everything further I guess.

Sleawer
Well shodan you are right, just tell it nicely and people will listen you and even will agree with you.

The ability to self-buff and self-heal is what adds that fun part of versatility to other classes, something that apu's dont have.. and prolly will never have.

What do apu's have then over the other classes?
We have ppu's. Our versatility teamed with our counterparts the ppu's is insane, we completely nullify our lacks, hence we dominate the final purpose of the game, massive PvP, OP wars, call it the way you most please.

No it's not the armor what makes us great, but the ability to team with ppu's without any_single_negative.

/edit: and our damage is another imbalance in the game of course, but it's not that simple as reducing the damage and everyone happy.. it would require a lot of thought and complexity.

Rade
03-02-04, 23:52
Well, actually sleawer thats not just it, having the highest
damage output is a huge deal in itself, and thats another reason
why you prefer APU monks over anything else in most situations.
And then there is antibuff, which is one of the most important
spells in the game.

Sleawer
03-02-04, 23:52
you just beated me in the edit rade, I agree with you.

/edit:

And also in some way I agree with Fenyx.. I explain myself.

In my opinion the whole concept of the extreme apu damage and ppu defence is flawed, and it is what imbalances the game.

We should have only one char with the best defence and the best offence, and balance him from there and the other classes around him.. that's the tank, yes.

The other classes should bring what a tank cannot do to the field, the versatility. With this I dont mean that tanks should be the only fighter breed and own everyone right and left, no. I mean that everyone would be balanced in his own field.

Pretty much this is what KK realized, hence trying to give the other classes suppossed specific roles, such as anti-heal drone (even if it is a crap), stealth, long range and tactical weapons (even if the engine doesnt allow it).

At the moment if we have two classes, or subclasses to be precise, and each one holds the most critical roles of the game, as it is best-damage/best-defence (or best-support skills), when these team up you are generating the imbalance.

No class should negate completely his weaknesses, even teamed with the opposite class/subclass. Instead this, every class should add a little of his specific role to the situation, turning the facts into their favour. This way would be the best IMO to increase the diversity of the game.

How to do this without harming the solo versatility that we all like so much? It's a mistery.

Now that was a long ass edit eh?

shodanjr_gr
04-02-04, 00:17
Well, Im not disagreeing with you at all sleawer (heh I actually
typed scikar first, you guys discuss things such a similar
fashion..), I just wanted to correct some of the apus who seem to
be so fast about how the poor apus have such crappy defence.
Well, its not so crappy actually. Its not ubar either but APUs are
definately not as poor of defence-wise as some people try to
make it sound like. I think it would be more interesting if APUs
had less defence and more offence, but that would just
unbalance everything further I guess.

I didnt say that APUs had crap defence. I said that they need the defence they have at the moment, else they would get owned by everything.

Hm...less defence and more offence? Well i cant see how an APU can get even MORE offence without unbalancing a lot the current situation. I mean ffs you only need like 3 or 4 hls to kill a spy at the moment.

Rade
04-02-04, 00:26
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I didnt say that APUs had crap defence. I said that they need the defence they have at the moment, else they would get owned by everything.

Hm...less defence and more offence? Well i cant see how an APU can get even MORE offence without unbalancing a lot the current situation. I mean ffs you only need like 3 or 4 hls to kill a spy at the moment.

More offence doesnt necesarily mean more damage per HL. Im
talking about increasing the range etc, which KK had to nerf since
HL was unbalanced otherwise, it wouldnt have been if APUs were
more fragile.

Ehyuko
04-02-04, 00:28
@Sleawer

iirc spies start with 20 con points whereas monks have 10, but not only mean that, I mean that spies have basic resist 2, which are 15 more in poison and 15 more in body health, so yes they have more points than apu's.

Ok lets talk about this first, spies have less base con agreed? Secondly 15 poison, force and body health make up for not having any armour... uh-huh. So... how much of a bonus do spies ACTUALLY get over an apu? Well if you factor in the spies PSI ability and ignore everything else, such as the fact their armour only protects against force, pierce and xray... A spy would seemingly have an extra 25 con points, I get this from the spy's starting con of 20 + 38x5 +45 from basic resist 2, the monks' I get from 10 + 44x5, so if you factor in a spies passive psi abilities it does seem that they have more.

BUT WAIT?!

An apu along with ANY other class in the game can have a resist buff cast on them too!

Oh shucks, lets see if we ignored that buff an apu would only have 30 more con points then the spy, along with far better armour.

I guess this is why monks don't have to worry about a recticle and have the most damaging attacks in the game with the highest RoF, good thing to protect them from those deadly tough spies. :rolleyes:

Also apu monks have one armor, period, whereas spies can have, besides their x-ray armor which is only comparable to the ENR protection of apu's, a decent variety of str armors only accessible through gimpage on chips or adiction to drugs... (wish my apu could say the same)

You swap your spy armors for what monks have? I wouldnt do on my spy ever.

Oh no... poor monks only have the best armour in the game with no variety? Well you COULD use that lovely battle armour that spies use, why dont you? Ah that's right it SUCKS.

Now let me get this straight... a spy, who has traded 3 imps - just to boost a stat that's absolutely useless to a spy - JUST so this spy can use 3 pieces of armour that give a combined total of 73 fire resist... right...

So lets say this how you want the armours compared so:

Spy [head, leg and foot armour]

38 force/pierce
73 fire

Versus a monk [head, leg and foot armour]

40 force/pierce
41 fire
99 energy
25 xray

Hmm, seems to me the monks win again... too bad the monk didn't have to swap 3 imps for this 'variety.'

Personally as a spy I WOULD LOVE to make this change, but I guess that's just me and not you.

First ask for swaping properly, let's swap the STR, hence giving apu's the ability to drug for inq armor, also having a heavy belt, also having the same ENR protection swaped for x-ray, AND on TOP of that, stealth... you cant swap just what you like eh Ehyuko?

Sure! Hell yeah go for it, I'd much perfer a drugged up apu in inq 1 armour then holy spirit armour, would make killing them a heall of a alot easier. So please DO make this switch... for me? Please? Hell you can even have my Xray resists, trade you for your energy resists, welcome to it. I'd MUCH rather have a huge resist against 60% of the weapons in this game rather then just those modded for xray, plus the energy mobs will be a lot easier to fight. Thanks!

Oh stealth? hmm, sure you can have that also - as long as I can do equal damage to you with every shot, never have to reload, get no weapon slowdown and have one generic ammo type that naturally regenerates.

APU's are good yea, and dominate the game with ppu's yea.. but you know why?
It is called team-versatility, and that's the sole reason of why the monk class is imbalanced

Ah the last try of the desperate person, team-versitility, pity spies have no place in there, but I guess that ALSO is good reason to keep those nasty shifty spies out of sight eh? Certainly no one wants a SPY on their team over an apu, would make you feel left out right?

Team-versatility... sure, too bad you only need monks to be 'versatile' in this game. Monks are unbalanced because together an apu and ppu make up ENTIRELY for each other's weakness, this goes to show off the lovely fact that monks are the super specialists of the current neocron, apus deal far more damage faster and more accurately then anyone else by a HUGE factor, ppus are tougher and posses the ability to pass on this toughness to others again by a huge factor. THAT huge factor is why monks are unbalanced, not the fact that apus and ppus can team up.

@shodanjr_gr

APU MONKS CAN NOT HEAL

Apu monks can heal, but not with the TL3 heal as everyone else uses, instead they have medkits and must rely on team mates to heal them.

Fortuantely with ONE team mate that is not an apu, this horrible curse can be lifted, but since you need one non apu I guess that certainly justifies spies having crap con, armour and lifespans.

shodanjr_gr
04-02-04, 00:39
Ehyuko get a clue.

An apu along with ANY other class in the game can have a resist buff cast on them too!

Oh shucks, lets see if we ignored that buff an apu would only have 30 more con points then the spy, along with far better armour.

I guess this is why monks don't have to worry about a recticle and have the most damaging attacks in the game with the highest RoF, good thing to protect them from those deadly tough spies.

And a spy can have a resist buff cast on them too...your point is?

Monks have far better armor, spies have invulnerability called stealth. Ill give ya my armor , you give me ur stealth. Deal?

Most damaging attacks, highest RoF. If they get ganged upon they are dead...they cant stealth, they cant heal, they dont have shields, they get assraped by force weapons.

Oh no... poor monks only have the best armour in the game with no variety? Well you COULD use that lovely battle armour that spies use, why dont you? Ah that's right it SUCKS.

Now let me get this straight... a spy, who has traded 3 imps - just to boost a stat that's absolutely useless to a spy - JUST so this spy can use 3 pieces of armour that give a combined total of 73 fire resist... right...

If you want ur spy to be turned into a mini PE then you should gimp yourself. You cant expect to use level 1 armor while at the same time using a disruptor. Just like I cant expect my APU monk to use an HL and a blessed shelter. If you want defence you get less offence. Its called specilization.

Sure! Hell yeah go for it, I'd much perfer a drugged up apu in inq 1 armour then holy spirit armour, would make killing them a heall of a alot easier. So please DO make this switch... for me? Please? Hell you can even have my Xray resists, trade you for your energy resists, welcome to it. I'd MUCH rather have a huge resist against 60% of the weapons in this game rather then just those modded for xray, plus the energy mobs will be a lot easier to fight. Thanks!

You got a problem with energy? Spec more energy resists. You cant have an all around excellent defence setup. Or drug for shelter and get a hell better defence.

Ah the last try of the desperate person, team-versitility, pity spies have no place in there, but I guess that ALSO is good reason to keep those nasty shifty spies out of sight eh? Certainly no one wants a SPY on their team over an apu, would make you feel left out right?

Team-versatility... sure, too bad you only need monks to be 'versatile' in this game. Monks are unbalanced because together an apu and ppu make up ENTIRELY for each other's weakness, this goes to show off the lovely fact that monks are the super specialists of the current neocron, apus deal far more damage faster and more accurately then anyone else by a HUGE factor, ppus are tougher and posses the ability to pass on this toughness to others again by a huge factor. THAT huge factor is why monks are unbalanced, not the fact that apus and ppus can team up.

Apu monks can heal, but not with the TL3 heal as everyone else uses, instead they have medkits and must rely on team mates to heal them.

On the first quote you almost tell us that APU/PPU teams shouldnt exist, yet on the second post you wana convience me that i should use medpacks (ffs medpacks cant be used in fucking combat) of TEAMS to get healed. Whats the main healerin the game? A PPU ofcourse. So should i team with a PPU or shouldnt I? Get a clue....and dont fucking turn spies into mini-pes.

Sleawer
04-02-04, 01:23
Ok, since you are decided to ornit what you want, and show what you want people to see, I'll have to quote and explain myself better.

Ok lets talk about this first, spies have less base con agreed? Secondly 15 poison, force and body health make up for not having any armour... uh-huh. So... how much of a bonus do spies ACTUALLY get over an apu? Well if you factor in the spies PSI ability and ignore everything else, such as the fact their armour only protects against force, pierce and xray... A spy would seemingly have an extra 25 con points, I get this from the spy's starting con of 20 + 38x5 +45 from basic resist 2, the monks' I get from 10 + 44x5, so if you factor in a spies passive psi abilities it does seem that they have more.

BUT WAIT?!

I guess this is why monks don't have to worry about a recticle and have the most damaging attacks in the game with the highest RoF, good thing to protect them from those deadly tough spies.

Here base con spies win, no need the amazing paragraphs that you said, just two formulas, look:

Spies: 38*5 (constitution) + 20 (initial points) + 45 (basic2) = 255

Monks: 44*5 (cons) + 10 = 230

I guess spies win eh? well I didnt need that much to counter your argument.

So lets say this how you want the armours compared so:

Spy [head, leg and foot armour]

38 force/pierce
73 fire

Versus a monk [head, leg and foot armour]

40 force/pierce
41 fire
99 energy
25 xray

Hmm, seems to me the monks win again... too bad the monk didn't have to swap 3 imps for this 'variety.'

Personally as a spy I WOULD LOVE to make this change, but I guess that's just me and not you.

I'm not going to ornit the PA in my calculations mind you.. since it is the best piece or armor for spies, and prolly the worst for monks... oh and neither the belts. Weird that you didnt mention, oh well I'll do it no problem

Spy:

91 force
63 pierce
73 fire
70 energy
121 x-ray

talking about force/pierce, your spy aswell as mine has 40 strenght and 15 force from a basic2, I guess that means you cap force/pierce whereas apu monks dont.

Monk:

59 force (less)
59 pierce (less)
58 fire (less)
188 energy (more: great we have 58 points in energy that we dont need at all)
42 x-ray (less)

Well, to me seems that spies still win... oh sorry you have to drug for this?
Well YOU have STEALTH and RANGE, and yes range is an issue for monks since it was nerfed in ALL our spells.

Oh wait we can use fire belt to have:

Monks:

79 force
50 pierce (oh shit)
154 energy
109 fire
25 x-ray (oh god)

417 points

Spies:

90 force
62 pierce
73 fire
70 energy
167 x-ray (wtf?!? oh yea anti-gamma bones that we cant use, oh and I'm not counting the foot so you can have more AGL under dex)

462 points

All in all, you not only have MORE resist points in armor (and better balanced beween them) if you decide to use ONE drug that lasts 10 minutes or gimpage through implants; but also in constitution and strenght through natural points.

(I use the drug on my SPY so I can FULLY cap my rifles... oh well I dont cap rof on disruptor and FL... 190+ tho),

Yes ONE drug sorry oh you mr.spy! oh wait... you have STEALTH.

Oh stealth? hmm, sure you can have that also - as long as I can do equal damage to you with every shot, never have to reload, get no weapon slowdown and have one generic ammo type that naturally regenerates.

Again you decided to give it in parts... guess what NO.

drugged up apu in inq1, with your range, your stealth, your self-buffing and self-healing ability.. btw this means that you die when you find 2+ people...

Is this the situation of your spy aswell?

Not mine I assure you, hell I get a lot of fun at crp alone, on my own.

About stealth, it is a tactical advantage in your defence, hence counted as an armor benefit... but not only that, because lucky you also it is a tactical weapon, so one of you armor pieces called stealth is also a weapon, a damn good one.

as long as I can do equal damage to you with every shot, never have to reload, get no weapon slowdown and have one generic ammo type that naturally regenerates.

Not sure if I want to comment this.. duh. can you get a clue?

"equal damage with every shot"

Sorry to break it on you, but our shots dont do equal damage, in fact as our weapon is counted as single shot instead burst we do less, and less and less and less...

"never have to reload"

Ugh.. we have to reload, it's called psi boosters, the average of mana in apu monks is 290-340... one of our best spells, HAB uses 265.. tell me if I have to reload.

By the way, when we reload our RoF lowers to 40/min unless we wait until it is completely replenished. Not hard to do at all, but we have to reload.

And PSI boosters regen capability has a cap, that is the mana cap that we have, so if we eat one after the first shot of HL (30 mana) we regen 30 mana, period. Same as weapons I guess. This means that we have to eat another, and another, and another... and these not only are expensive if you dont have recycle, but eat 20 stamina each pop-up.

"no weapon slowdown"

Cant spies use pistols? No wait, that would mean going to the same range that APU's have to go... not fair eh?

"generic ammo that naturally regenerates"

Doh should I cry or laugh at this?
Our auto-regenerate is as usefull as pressing reload after each fight... no wait, less useful.

I guess the part of 'generic ammo' is right, but well we have 20 str and all in force, so I guess it is compensated for that.

btw, with the negatives of our PA's, we have less AGL and less ATL than this kind of spy, and even less if you spec resists high.

I bet your laugh frozen in your face.

PS: I guess you are all up to get those dex based armors for the way you write, well if you bothered to read my posts you would have noticed something funny about it... but I leave it up to you. The reading part, that's it.

/edit: hope it can be read better now.

//edit: btw, you might notice I differ in some things from the calculator, at least the one I have... that's because I have a capped monk and a capped spy to compare, so I do it over the field.. more accurate I'd say.

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 01:33
God I hate the "poor me" mentality so many spies have.

Apus and spies both have shitty ass defense. Hey rade, didn't you say a properly setup blah blah blah spy has similar or equal defense to a PE?

So wouldn't that mean apu have the worst defense?

Seriously, instead of spies whining about TEH uberness of monk armor(it's so uber apus.....oh wait their defense is still shitty with it :rolleyes: ), why don't you post threads asking for more dex based armor or a boost of some sort?

I can't stand "poor me" class vs class comparisons.

Every class has their advantages and disadvantages.

Sleawer
04-02-04, 01:50
Well atm monks dominate in advatanges IMO, but that's not due armors at all...

/edit: I think comparisons are good up to a certain extent, they show where is the real root of the problem. I just cant stand bad or half ass comparisons.

Sorry for the edit, I'm trying a new con setup so I'm writting while playing lol

Ehyuko
04-02-04, 03:20
Seriously, instead of spies whining about TEH uberness of monk armor(it's so uber apus.....oh wait their defense is still shitty with it ), why don't you post threads asking for more dex based armor or a boost of some sort?

Seriously Shadow Dancer, This whole thread was about dex based armour until some monk started bitching about how hard done by they are because they decided to make apus.

Here base con spies win, no need the amazing paragraphs that you said, just two formulas, look:

Spies: 38*5 (constitution) + 20 (initial points) + 45 (basic2) = 255

Monks: 44*5 (cons) + 10 = 230

I guess spies win eh? well I didnt need that much to counter your argument

Might as well throw a hazard 3 on the monk then too and compare it then. Your satement that spies have more con is WRONG. IF you include a buff you might as well admit that apus can recieve the same buff - basicly making it a non issue, THAT is my point as you probably gathered from the line directly after last one in the quote as taken from my original post. Or perhaps it was just more convienient to ignore to make yourself sound better?

I'm not going to ornit the PA in my calculations mind you.. since it is the best piece or armor for spies, and prolly the worst for monks... oh and neither the belts. Weird that you didnt mention, oh well I'll do it no problem

I left out belts because both monks and spies have equal ability to use belts, but I guess I had to spell it out for you. Ah and that lovely radiation protection, exatly how many weapons in the game use radiation as the primary damage type? What can't think of many? Perhaps you'll tell me how much of an advantage it is to have a stupidly high resist in the ONE resist that can only be modded for. Ah that's right there IS no overwhelming advantage that is recieved there.

Since you seem incapable of figuring out armour bonuses let me demonstrate them for you

Monk - Holy spirit helm, pants, boots, heavy fire belt, apu PA3.

79 force
50 pierce
109 fire
124 energy
25 xray

Spy - Inq 1 helm, pants, boots, heavy energy belt, spy PA 3

91 force
63 pierce
73 fire
70 energy
121 xray

I'm certain anyone that has any idea of how things work can clearly see which set of armour they'd perfer... care to tell me again how hard done by monks are in the armour department again?

Oh and please, show me this wonderful magical drug that gives +9 strenght that you so hype about.

Well YOU have STEALTH and RANGE, and yes range is an issue for monks since it was nerfed in ALL our spells

The same lovely bugged range that's screwed up beyond believe due to position updates, netcode and clipping plane? I love how this is the spy's main advantage - too bad 90% of the fighting in this game ends up at close range because of runspeed and cover. And stealth... and excellent tool for repositioning or running away - give me a holy lightening instead and we'll see how much I have to use stealth.

Yes the range in monk spells was nerfed, do I sense a bit of bitterness here? What pissed off because you can no longer snipe the spies back instead of just running towards them?

drugged up apu in inq1, with your range, your stealth, your self-buffing and self-healing ability.. btw this means that you die when you find 2+ people

Like I said... bring it on, give me access and the ability to use the best weapon hands down in the game and I would GLADLY trade off the ability to drug up to inq 1 armour AND stealth. I have no problems giving up inq 1 because it is much weaker then psi armour making you easier to kill and stealth... why should I need stealth if I can kill people in 3-6 hits at 105 shots per minute? Sure I might die more often, but I will make a HELL of a hole when I go, IF I go.

Sorry to break it on you, but our shots dont do equal damage, in fact as our weapon is counted as single shot instead burst we do less, and less and less and less...

Seems you misunderstand I meant equal damage to holy lightening, and guess what I do less and less damage every shot, just like an apu but without the raw damage potential to back it up.

Ugh.. we have to reload, it's called psi boosters, the average of mana in apu monks is 290-340... one of our best spells, HAB uses 265.. tell me if I have to reload

Sure a monks reloading is equal to hitting a button for a booster in their quickbelt, if you actually play a spy as you claim then you should know reloading for a non monk is FAR different, forcing you to stop firing while reloading, again another thing monks don't have to deal with. While HAB takes an assload of mana, how much does holy lightening take? Something like 30 mana a shot? With a pool of 300 and constant chewing of boosters you can fire a LOT before stopping. As far as boosters require stamina to use, pity as a non monk you forget that MANY weapons require stamina every SHOT.

guess you are all up to get those dex based armors for the way you write, well if you bothered to read my posts you would have noticed something funny about it... but I leave it up to you. The reading part, that's it

I give a damn about dex armour, it'd be nice sure, what I have a problem with is people coming into a thread, claiming they are the hardest done by as far as armour or con and then spewing things like "as far as I can recall" to cover up their ignorance of the matter.

Spies have crap armour. Period.

Spies have the worst con in game. Period.

These facts cannot be argued because they are the truth and the original reason I started posting in this thread - to clear up the misconceptions people have by people posting false facts or lies.

@shodanjr_gr

I find it both funny and sad that what you point out in my quotes would be very close to the same response I would make to what you try and point out. Read before posting, please. If you have read then try to understand a bit.

Morris
04-02-04, 03:27
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Hey rade, didn't you say a properly setup blah blah blah spy has similar or equal defense to a PE?

Oh, now he's done it. "The only true spies are droners and pure dex imp riflers" flame war in 5 4 3 2 1...

Rade
04-02-04, 03:33
Ok SD, that was probably the weirdest move so far o_O :lol:

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 03:34
Seriously Shadow Dancer, This whole thread was about dex based armour until some monk started bitching about how hard done by they are because they decided to make apus.

oops, my mistake then.

soz

Sleawer
04-02-04, 04:29

Might as well throw a hazard 3 on the monk then too and compare it then. Your satement that spies have more con is WRONG. IF you include a buff you might as well admit that apus can recieve the same buff - basicly making it a non issue, THAT is my point as you probably gathered from the line directly after last one in the quote as taken from my original post. Or perhaps it was just more convienient to ignore to make yourself sound better?

Wrong analogy, the APU monk cant self-buff, the spy can.. so yes it is an advantage in armors and constitution.

I mentioned why monks imbalance the game long before you came with that extent reply with half of the facts on it and the suppossition of a ppu in the apu ass.

Well I guess saying [apu+ppu] is what generates the dominance of monks in the top end goal of the game (understood them as roles not classes now) is agreeing with what I said before you jumped to conclusions.

Nothing new really, I suggest you to read my posts carefully.

I left out belts because both monks and spies have equal ability to use belts, but I guess I had to spell it out for you. Ah and that lovely radiation protection, exatly how many weapons in the game use radiation as the primary damage type? What can't think of many? Perhaps you'll tell me how much of an advantage it is to have a stupidly high resist in the ONE resist that can only be modded for. Ah that's right there IS no overwhelming advantage that is recieved there.

Since you seem incapable of figuring out armour bonuses let me demonstrate them for you

Monk - Holy spirit helm, pants, boots, heavy fire belt, apu PA3.

79 force
50 pierce
109 fire
154 energy
25 xray

Spy - Inq 1 helm, pants, boots, heavy energy belt, spy PA 3

91 force
63 pierce
73 fire
70 energy
121 xray

I'm certain anyone that has any idea of how things work can clearly see which set of armour they'd perfer... care to tell me again how hard done by monks are in the armour department again?

Oh and please, show me this wonderful magical drug that gives +9 strenght that you so hype about.

I preffer the second. It has more versatility, more balanced points, just requires BEAST and a good implant setup that allows you to have 191 RC and 70 AGL self-buffed (my current spy setup)... and what is more important, includes stealth..

As I already told you, you cant swap part of the benefits or part of the negatives, otherwise you make a biased evaluation.

The same lovely bugged range that's screwed up beyond believe due to position updates, netcode and clipping plane? I love how this is the spy's main advantage - too bad 90% of the fighting in this game ends up at close range because of runspeed and cover. And stealth... and excellent tool for repositioning or running away - give me a holy lightening instead and we'll see how much I have to use stealth.

Yes the range in monk spells was nerfed, do I sense a bit of bitterness here? What pissed off because you can no longer snipe the spies back instead of just running towards them?

Yes I agree with you, the clipping range and the warping bugs (even when these were noticiable fixed in the past) dont allow snipers to take the proper advantage of their range.

But still sniping is possible, I do it, and sniping apu's, specially their legs, is wonderful.

Please remember that you have stealth and a heal, apu's dont. This situation obviously changes in team fights, hence my argument in the previous posts. But we are balancing now the classes alone, and their protection.

See, even picking the whole class is somewhat biased because it is not taking all the balance in consideration... let alone just part of the armors.

And no, no bitterness at all, remember that I have a spy aswell, I feel it from both sides of the spectrum.

Like I said... bring it on, give me access and the ability to use the best weapon hands down in the game and I would GLADLY trade off the ability to drug up to inq 1 armour AND stealth. I have no problems giving up inq 1 because it is much weaker then psi armour making you easier to kill and stealth... why should I need stealth if I can kill people in 3-6 hits at 105 shots per minute? Sure I might die more often, but I will make a HELL of a hole when I go, IF I go.

Not sure if you realize what are you saying.
The only good weapon in the hands of apu's is Holy Lighting, our weapon power starts and ends there.

The other awesome, amazing weapon in hands of apu's is HAB. It is a tactical weapon, like stealth, but it has even more impact in the game due the overimportance of ppu's.

Not sure if you catch me here, I am talking about potatoes and you about oranges maybe?

Oh and no, you cant kill people in 3 HL hits, prolly not in even 6, I guess you dont mean 0/2 runners btw. After this patch seems to take even much more... but stating that as a fact would be jumping to conclusions tbh.

I demonstrated above that inq1 armor in the current setup (spy cons+armor) is at the very least equal to monk armor. The difference is that you have to rely in one drug to wear it, but you have stealth, so you dont really need to use the drug all the time.

Dropping inq1/dur1 in 3 strenght would end with the drug necessity, and making dex armor of equal protection would do the same.

That's with what I agreed. But some people quick jump into the 'monks have uber armors' to compare, and that's only true to a certain extent, monks need those uber armors to compete, and in no way monk armors imbalance the game.

Seems you misunderstand I meant equal damage to holy lightening, and guess what I do less and less damage every shot, just like an apu but without the raw damage potential to back it up.

Actually your damage (as spy) shouldnt be much lower each hit as you have either burst and ray weapons, and those are not affected by the percent cap.

Exception to this is the Silent Hunter and Redeemer.

Believe me, monks suffer much more from this. To clear misunderstandings however, I'd say that pretty much it's needed or monk weapons would be extremely powerful.

Sure a monks reloading is equal to hitting a button for a booster in their quickbelt, if you actually play a spy as you claim then you should know reloading for a non monk is FAR different, forcing you to stop firing while reloading, again another thing monks don't have to deal with. While HAB takes an assload of mana, how much does holy lightening take? Something like 30 mana a shot? With a pool of 300 and constant chewing of boosters you can fire a LOT before stopping. As far as boosters require stamina to use, pity as a non monk you forget that MANY weapons require stamina every SHOT.

Actually you cannot fire a lot before stopping, or might aswell say before dropping your RoF to 40/min. The regen rate of boosters can allow you to cast 3-4 HL's more if you DONT stop, then the RoF is lowered and you have to either stop or keep that RoF.

It is the same if you stop with your spy and hit reload. The advantage of monks is that you dont have to wait for the animation of reloading to cast again. Quite handy.

This was and still is my argument against your statements of 'monks dont have to reload'. I want to make it clear, I'm not saying how poor are monks, but replying to what I consider poor backupped arguments.

And read again what I said about the mana regen cap in psi boosters.

Originally posted byEhyuko

I give a damn about dex armour, it'd be nice sure, what I have a problem with is people coming into a thread, claiming they are the hardest done by as far as armour or con and then spewing things like "as far as I can recall" to cover up their ignorance of the matter.

You clearly have stated in your first post of this thread the defence of the idea of dex armour, same as me, so hardly see you as giving a damn about it.

If anyone entered this thread claiming they have it the worst, that's YOU and your monk bashing arguments.

I dont spew things, I backup what I write with facts, tests and experience, which can be wrong of course as I am human, thus the 'as far as I recall' is always confirmed in the next paragraph or post with the exact facts. Not sure if I can say the same about you.

Hence the "iirc spies start with 20 con points"- doubtful-, and in the next paragraph 'spies start with 20 con points' - tested statement -.

So I dont have to cover any ignorance, if anything I make sure to be humble and put an "afaik" or "iirc" before commiting a mistake in an statement. Wish you could say the same.

Well if that was directed at me, which I think it was.

Spies have crap armour. Period.

Spies have the worst con in game. Period.

These facts cannot be argued because they are the truth and the original reason I started posting in this thread - to clear up the misconceptions people have by people posting false facts or lies.

These statements are completely biased.
That's the same as saying:

- Monks have crap DEX

- Monks have the worst AGL in the game

It is completely untrue, it is deliberately and blindly orniting facts and tools for class balance. Dont think I need to explain myself further as it falls by its own weight.

Undeniyingly these facts can be argued and have been in the three lines above. Do not clear anything but instead add mist to what has been said in the thread.. dont want to enter in who is deliberately lieing and farcing the facts. Do not follow that path please.

Not sure what do you want to demostrate with this, my argument has been very clear and has followed a straight line from the start to the end of the thread. I have agreed and in fact support the idea of dex armor or dropping inq1/dur1 to make spies' life easier, there is no imbalance in making the spy class more fun and confortable to play... other than that it is KK's word.

Regarding your monk statements, which I am fervently oppossed, they are completely wrong in intentions and facts. That armor is there for a reason (regarding APU monks), and the reasons stand... tho not always has been like that in the history of monks.

/edit: it's 154 enr on monk armor, changed it in this thread since I cannot change the other. The other is your thread not mine, that's why lol.

Sleawer
04-02-04, 04:40

Shadow Dancer doesnt have to apologize with anyone, the first comparison with monks armor has been done by the very starter of the thread... that shows as far as you read.

And the following statements have been how easy monks have it and we trying to defend our situation.

The argument is valid as comparison, but after few posts someone turned it into a monk bashing and there is where the comparison ends and the bitching starts.

If you wanted to leave it with "only dex armor" discussion then the thread has had a really bad start.

jernau
04-02-04, 07:33
Originally posted by naimex
*cough* antiradiation suit *cough* 200 xray resist *cough* spy armor dex 115

With -5 INT, -50 HCK and no other bonuses at all - no-one uses it now PA is in surely?

We already have PSI and INT based armours - why not DEX? DEX makes most sense of the three as far as RL justification goes.

wrt the rest of the thread :

I almost always hunt with APUs against all mobs because a) they give good team XP and b) there are millions of the blighters atm. IME there is very little difference in defence between spies and monks. In some cases spies are a little better, other times the monks are but assuming both are well setup and the players know how to play their class the difference is tiny.

The same is not true for damage output. In fact even with a fully capped RoG (arguably the best damage dealing rifle atm) I often wonder if my spy wouldn't level as fast if he stopped shooting and spent his time buffing the APU so he wouldn't have to take cover as much.

PvP is more complicated but until I see people calling for more spies to fight at an OP war I can't take a lot of this thread seriously.

As for INQ1 spies - unless you've tried it you can't realise how shite it is. I'd rather play an APU tank than a broken PE-wannabe.

Psyco Groupie
04-02-04, 08:04
If all your gonna use is RoG why the hell not use inq 1 ? ...

Sleawer
04-02-04, 13:40
Yes, I agree with you 100% Jernau... and I'm glad you read what I posted instead of jumping on me.

Before the stealth came into the game I even suggested lowering the STR of spies to 20, increasing the PSI to 40 and making DEX based armors to compensate the loss. I always thought that spies should be the second best psi users in the game... I guess this cant be anymore or people would scream 'nerf'

You have deducted the same as me; taking both classes separately they are pretty much equal, but when it comes to OP wars and team fighting apu's go over the top... that is due the extreme damage (and HAB) and the nullify of their lacks with shields and heals.

And that's the only valid argument that cannot and wont refute. Having to drug up to have decent armors is a poor idea of balance, hence my agreement with the dex based armor (or dropped req's in inq/dur1).

darkservent
04-02-04, 13:45
Honostly this topic has cropped up in every spy post and will keep gettin brought up. I fully agree that spies need dex armour and hopefully KK have realised wot us spies really need. Time to stick it in.

SpawnTDK
04-02-04, 13:47
blablabla

pe have no main skill, the armors of the other classes are based to their main skill, fact is the pe pa require dex same like spy pa, rest of the armor are str. its good as it is, no chances needed. pe has buffs too so i didnt see why this would be chanced.

cRazy2003
04-02-04, 18:09
all id ask for is a bit more of a variety of fire and energy armour for spies cos atm getting any decent fire resist means u end up gimping most of ur resists setup, iwe can get about 300 health easily which is fairly decent for pvp, but we cant get decent athletics to move about fast enuf so were easy to hit, and if we do try and get good ath we cant have good energy resists never mind fire, atm i think my con is 70 health or something, 50ath, 65 fire, 60 energy and no poison or x-ray, and i do use heavy energy belt and PP chip which gives oki energy but my fire resist is really really crap.

jernau
04-02-04, 18:14
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
If all your gonna use is RoG why the hell not use inq 1 ? ...

I often hunt with the RoG because it was craply modded so I don't care about breaking it but has 3 slots so it lasts a good time between repairs. Also, as I said, at this time it can outdamage most of the guns that should be a lot better.

If it were the only gun I use I would roll a PE and use it on that - better defenses by miles and just as good with a RoG.