PDA

View Full Version : appleseed

CarniFlex
03-02-04, 16:35
was just watching this trailer (dunno if its old or not) and THIS IS WHAT I WANT NC TO BE LIKE!!!!

official site is http://www.a-seed.jp/ if you can read japanese :p

movie trailer (http://www.a-seed.jp/trailer/asx/tok_1_1000.asx)

Cool trailer part though. Apparently you cant link script thingies lol... sorry /edit

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:36
urm

link doesent do anything O_o its a 1k dload O_o

Bud
03-02-04, 16:38
8|

n3m
03-02-04, 16:46
http://www.a-seed.jp/trailer/asx/apple_y_1000.asx
.asx = teh sux

Would be funny to see PE's make those kinda moves
(sliding under tanks, make some weird matrix moves).
Everyone would be yelling hax and lag though.

Original monk
03-02-04, 16:48
lol, i checked the trailer and its cool yeah, but i like neocron the way it is allready: maybe some extra things like mechs/ driveable warbots yeah :)

cool trailer only i cant make alot of the language :)

Kasumi
03-02-04, 16:50
Wow interesting.. Appleseed looks really neat.. I always loved 3D Cell shadeing! ^_^ I have worked with that kind of 3D stuff but never on that kind scale ^_^ Oh well it looks like a neat thing to keepo on an eye on by the way! But I dont see how the world has anything clsoe to what Neocron world is like? Or am I missing the obvious point?

n3m
03-02-04, 16:52
or do u mean the city?
If so, Indeed!

Kasumi
03-02-04, 16:57
Hrmm It looks to be interesting.. Read the story was neat.. hehe The CG is great.. which I already posted but it wont ever be anywhere as good as FFVII Advent Children.. than again I dont think they are going for that kind of look! :P

Carinth
03-02-04, 19:47
Woa they rereleased it. Appleseed was originaly done back in the late 80's. It's done by the same person who did Ghost in the Shell, you can see the similarities. I like the changes, much more focused on the combat now. In the original movie the city is supposed to be a utopia so it's bright and cheery. Through the movie you find out that everything isn't quite as happy as it seems. Here's a link with a review of the original:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/shadowlands/7332/aseed.html

Judge
03-02-04, 19:53
Looks pretty sweet... shame I can't read Japanese (or whatever it is). Can anyone say from the website if it is going to be released in English?

ZeeTek
03-02-04, 20:15
Woah that rocks :D :D Soundtrack was good, noticed it's in english. Top notch animation, good classic sci fi/anime stuff.
Time to take up Japanese :rolleyes:

Rade
03-02-04, 21:04
Appleseed owns you.

ino
03-02-04, 21:17
mmmmm niiice :) and it's coming soon too even better.

Organics
03-02-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Original monk
lol, i checked the trailer and its cool yeah, but i like neocron the way it is allready: maybe some extra things like mechs/ driveable warbots yeah :)

cool trailer only i cant make alot of the language :)

Hehehehe I would LOVE to control a Warbot :) Enormous fun :D

ZeeTek
03-02-04, 21:40
Right I'm determined to reenact that video...just instead of the hot ninja chick we have..um..me...any tanks wanna volenteer to be the dimwitted henchmen robo guys? :D

craio
03-02-04, 21:45
probably a remake of the original OVA (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,46,mmormm,appleseed.html)

Rade
03-02-04, 21:48
Originally posted by craio
probably a remake of the original OVA (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,46,mmormm,appleseed.html)

Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of, hence the comment
Appleseed owns you. Because it does. :D

Siygess
03-02-04, 21:52
Landmate suits rock!

EDIT: Oh, and thank god its not as bad as some recent Anime re-makes.. Bubblegum Crisis springs to mind...

ichinin
03-02-04, 21:55
Originally posted by ZeeTek
Time to take up Japanese :rolleyes:

All you need to know: Biru kudasai.

Opar
03-02-04, 23:50
I love cell-shading.

XIII FOREVER!

CarniFlex
04-02-04, 13:10
imagine the graphics, animations, weapons and evil droids/humans from appleseed, storyline from final fantasy 7-ish (btw FF8 SUXX0r!!!) and the music composers from star wars (the first movies that had you going wowowowow). Now add a little spice and mix with 1000 people from 15 different countries, add customized avatars as topping. Voila an mmorpg I would pay 45 bucks a month for.

El_MUERkO
04-02-04, 13:26
Originally posted by Carinth
Woa they rereleased it. Appleseed was originaly done back in the late 80's. It's done by the same person who did Ghost in the Shell, you can see the similarities. I like the changes, much more focused on the combat now. In the original movie the city is supposed to be a utopia so it's bright and cheery. Through the movie you find out that everything isn't quite as happy as it seems. Here's a link with a review of the original:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/shadowlands/7332/aseed.html

I was just thinking the drop from the roof reminded me of the drop from the window in Ghost in the Shell.

Originally posted by CarniFlex
imagine the graphics, animations, weapons and evil droids/humans from appleseed, storyline from final fantasy 7-ish (btw FF8 SUXX0r!!!) and the music composers from star wars (the first movies that had you going wowowowow). Now add a little spice and mix with 1000 people from 15 different countries, add customized avatars as topping. Voila an mmorpg I would pay 45 bucks a month for.

Imagine the computer you'd need to run it!

Still my friends and I used to joke about a full 3d version of GTA like it'd never happen.

Originally posted by ichinin
All you need to know: Biru kudasai.

Kuso shite shinezo chipatama!

Got some orginal mangas when i was a comic nut, learned lots of rude words :angel:

Lathuc
04-02-04, 13:30
they remade appleseed? if so have they changed it from the original or?

amfest
04-02-04, 13:35
yea I saw that trailer a while back . . . not sure about the cellshading look . . but ah well . . . hope it's good . . . that reminds me I should go watch the orginal appleseed . . never got around to it :\ although I had finally sat down and watched gundress that was umm a lil disappointing . . . gotta love the hack scene in there ... it does the binary code across the animation and there's your hack interface .. lol ... although when she went into cyberspace they did the tradtional naked scene .. .. too bad hacknet will be different avatars of ourselves .. would be funny to see naked people running around hacknet

darkservent
04-02-04, 13:39
for a moment i thought it was a game. But that rox, hope theres a english translation when it comes out. But i will say that advent children will pwn no matter. Now we all now that we have been waitin to see wot happens after the game.

Kasumi
04-02-04, 13:48
Appleseed and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will be released almost around the same time in Japan. YAY!! Cant wait to see them both! Appleseed looks a lot like the game "Gun Grave" or atleast some of it.. :) *I hope there IS not an english translation for either Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children or Appleseed*

amfest
04-02-04, 13:49
I haven't .. i'll just go play FFVI now

well as for english translation . .the fansubbers will be all over it in no time once they achieve the raws . .dont' know about appleseed but advent children ..they'll be like dogs under a buffet table

sanityislost
04-02-04, 13:50
would rather the city scape had a look of the new ghost in the shell trailer posted here last month, would give a link but im being lazy :P

Carinth
04-02-04, 20:06
Originally posted by Kasumi
*I hope there IS not an english translation for either Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children or Appleseed*

Erm.. why? Are english speakers not allowed to watch anime? It's not as if our movies aren't translated into many different languages to be viewed around the world.

RuriHoshino
04-02-04, 20:57
I think because mostly there are concepts in Japanese that don't translate well due to culture differences.

(I could be wrong too :angel: )

Judge
04-02-04, 21:17
*I hope there IS not an english translation for either Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children or Appleseed*

Maybe bitter because NC isn't translated into Chinese/whatever? You always seem to be whining on about it.

Carinth
04-02-04, 21:23
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
I think because mostly there are concepts in Japanese that don't translate well due to culture differences.

(I could be wrong too :angel: )

Certainly thats always going to be the case when you translate between cultures, especialy as radicly different as these two. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, just that you should take it with a grain of salt. Any english anime fan knows how funny it can be to compare subtitled translations and dubbed translations. The meaning can be totaly different. It's even evident between the dif fan subbing groups, if you watch a series partway through done by one group, then watch another. You will most likely see subtle or even not so sublte changes, sometimes its really bad like the Guu Final episode just recently released by AJ, the names of the characters are totaly different then in the rest of the series, which was done by a different group.