PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - PP1 Tsunami Guards

d'Angel
03-02-04, 16:29
First of all... i have no problem for those guards being there. Not even when they added more of em in last patch (195) but pp1 has been and still is important place for pvp...
Its pvp for fun, little like NF but in more serious sence, cause u might actually lose something there.

Problem is that Tsunami and/or allied to Tsunami players can do serious damage by using only their fist in there... and its kinda eating me up. I get that if u dont wanna fight, or u do but u meet ur match and there is a big change of getting killed.. but hitting a guard and hoping that enemy notices that too late and dies to that (overpowerful) flamer, is just lame. If u ask me, its exploiting.. not the worst of a kind but still.

There is over 20 Tsunami guards at pp1 and it means that they are everywhere. For example lets look at the Black Dragon area of pepper park, or Crahns for that matter.. there is guards but there are just a few, not even half of that what there is in pp1, and since rarely ppl dare to go that far in pepper park to pvp its kinda weird that u set this kind of situation in to pp1.

PvP in pp1 was easier even when it was guarded by Copbots... they didnt attack u for stupid reasons like some jerk hitting em with his fist, and if they did u had to hold ur weapon in ur hand, and that player doing that hitting got his share, worder why!?
There was a certain logic to that... this is just random bullshit.

Gimme ur opinnion about this cause i really think something should be done to this matter.

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:32
This issue has been brought up alot recently. It was fixed on the test serer a week or so ago with a new script for the guards but wasnt implemented in the retail patch. Hopefully it should be in this patch.
Some of the guards should be removed aswell.

leGit v. 2
03-02-04, 16:33
i feel you bro

KramerTheWeird
03-02-04, 17:11
Now they attack hostile factions after enough time. I haven't witnessed anyone punching guards and having them aggro others since the patch. Don't complain if you have no proof.

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 17:14
Im neutral to the guards .. but I still want rid of them .. they follow you around like dogs humping your leg .. you spin around and hit them .. pp either needs to be made 3 times wider or the guards should stand at teh zone point STILL ... focking joke atm

Ascension
03-02-04, 18:02
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Now they attack hostile factions after enough time. I haven't witnessed anyone punching guards and having them aggro others since the patch. Don't complain if you have no proof.

They put their flamer away and now do invisable damage.. also they push u like crazy.. anyone who died and was waiting 4 a rez will witness this.. [NOTE] Died to the guards.. as they are now worse that the copbots..

TS now have guards to hide behind;)

Fawkes
03-02-04, 18:05
You guys said in #195 that guards will be nerfed (HP and firepower, right?), but as usual, that never happened. Guards are still as overpowered as they were. They still shoot you if someone is punching them (maybe punching was fixed, I dunno, but a PPU was hitting one of them with a bat and that did the trick). And now they also follow you everywhere you go and they won't leave you until you're far away or you zone. Now you release another patch, and all I see is some minor fixes (good job on the parashock stuff tho. I HOPE) but not even one mention about the guards?!

Sorry, I wouldn't normally open WTF threads but this is really pissing me off (and others, I'm sure). This thing has been going for wayyy too long and players have been asking to fix this issue many times already.

GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING PP GUARDS ALREADY!

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 18:08
yup it does suck, as soon and i enter PP i about 3 TS guards pull out flamers and start following me

WebShock
03-02-04, 18:09
bah they should just tone those fuckers down

i dunno why they need a army of those motherfuckers in pp1 anyway

Lana DarkWolf
03-02-04, 18:11
Im not too bothered about any of the other fixes/changes yet, but plzzz KK get rid of the PP guards - i realise it is based inside NC so some sort of security is needed i guess, but at least move them from the synch point.

Its always good fun pvping there........just not when your libby accidentally hits a guard........:(

Psycho Killa
03-02-04, 18:13
Uh I dunno about this patch today but as of the other day the guards where turned down atleast I noticed for my ppu on my pe I got taken down about as fast as my ppu got taken down on the previous guards. They got taken down but still need a bit of work if you ask me.

evs
03-02-04, 18:16
PP is owned by TS
It is our faction's stomping ground

If you want to fight there, learn to deal with the environment and the dangers our guards pose.

There are many other areas to fight in neocron, if you choose to fight in an area that there are enemy guards - your call.

GurTjaN
03-02-04, 18:18
who's in for a pepper park guard GANKING ? :) any1one lol

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 18:21
Quick, everyone who fights in PP1 all the time, switch to PP2!!! Maybe that will get some people in there...

evs
Tbh if you are going to pvp in a TS controlled zone, then you are going to get attacked if you arent allied.

You dont see any TS players running around in CA asking to nerf the guards as they want to pvp there.....

Lana DarkWolf
Id love to move to a different area to pvp (like up at MB) but most people for a quick fight head to pp1 and stay near synch point.

Its a shame cos the fights there are fun with loads of different factions going for each other, but most of the time fights are decided by who accidentally hits the guard & who doesnt. :confused:

Tycho C
03-02-04, 18:24
The guards stay. It's our zone ( TS ). If you wanna fight in it deal with it. Go to the PP2 border. Iv seen fighting over there and it worked out pretty well. Then we'll get to bitch about YOUR guards.

They remove the guards from PP1 and I'll start killing noobs =/

Fawkes
03-02-04, 18:25
evs, you again with your clever remarks? Guys, quit it with the "LoLz PP SI MEH PROPOERTY DONT OG IN TEHRER PLZ OR MY GUARDS WILL PWNZ0R U THXU ROFL0LZ I R T3H WIN". KK has already agreed to nerf the guards so your points are irrelevant. Besides, you can't "deal" with the environement simply because you'll die before you can even wield out your gun.

Mr. Chainsaw
I hate PP fights, everyone just leaps in, starts firing, then leaps out to safety. Forget PP, everyone go to Outzone! It's the bestest place ever. There are no guards and it's got a huge variety of zones to fight in. Best of all there's no safezones to run away to!!! Outzone=teh win, everyone go there!!!

Lana DarkWolf
i dont want em moving.....much

Just a few feet back plz :D

Fawkes
03-02-04, 18:28
same goes to you, Tycho. and ffs stop telling me to go somewhere else. If there were people to fight somewhere else I would go there, but all these places are dead. PP2? OZ? don't make me laugh. :rolleyes:

El_MUERkO
03-02-04, 18:28
Why fight in PP1 then? Theres other places you can fight if you want risk, goto Outzone Station, MB, TH or any of the open GRs. Ok its not as handy as PP1 then how about PP3, see people wont fight in PP3 cause they're to far away from a safe zone so when it comes right down to it they dont really want to fight "in more serious sence, cause u might actually lose something there." they want to kill someone and run for the zone line if theres any hint they might loose.

evs
03-02-04, 18:30
evs, you again with your clever remarks? Guys, quit it with the "LoLz PP SI MEH PROPOERTY DONT OG IN TEHRER PLZ OR MY GUARDS WILL PWNZ0R U THXU ROFL0LZ I R T3H WIN". KK has already agreed to nerf the guards so your points are irrelevant. Besides, you can't "deal" with the environement simply because you'll die before you can even wield out your gun

Well i feel i must correct your total absence of brain power/forethought/blatant whinging, so yes a clever remark is called for.

If TS decided to start pking everyone in a faction hq entrance or zone and we cried 'nerf' every 5 minutes about the guards - im sure there would be an uproar.

"Why do you need to pvp there?"
etc

In essence this is just a nerf for TS, so people can freely wander around PP1 which again i hate to point out the blindingly obvious point that it is OUR zone, it has our guards.

If we left it up to players like you, we'd have ZERO guards in there, and you'd merrily gank every low level TS walking around.

The guards stay.

Deal and stfu.

Rieper
03-02-04, 18:30
come doy, pp will not be a fightzone, because there will be no safezones right? :D until then, learn your place. If you wanna fight in there, and you're red, tough shit.

Zanathos
03-02-04, 18:37
How many more of these threads are there going to be?

Theres 3 to 5 of these here now.

Lana DarkWolf
03-02-04, 18:38
All that it needs is for the first two guards......to move. Problem solved then, the other guards are a pain yeah, but most of the time dont get too involved & aint accidentally hit as much.

Having a capped libby trying to kill a fast lil bugger of an APU that never moves more than a few feet from the synch point is deadly......damn guards :rolleyes:

evs
03-02-04, 18:39
Aye, often referred to as a 'bandwagon'

And many people like to jump on them :rolleyes:

Fawkes
03-02-04, 18:40
evs, please read my first post again. Was I talking about the TS HQ? no. Please, have your guards near the the HQ entrance and inside and for all I care they can have god mode on.

This is NOT a nerf for people who want to wander around PP1 and kill every noob they see. This is a nerf for people who want to fight in a (unofficial) PvP zone but can't because of all the overpowered guards scattered there. Little evs is afraid of people raiding his precious PP1? why don't you stop relying on overpowered guards to do your job and start defending your turf by yourself?

evs
03-02-04, 18:54
evs, please read my first post again. Was I talking about the TS HQ? no. Please, have your guards near the the HQ entrance and inside and for all I care they can have god mode on.

This is NOT a nerf for people who want to wander around PP1 and kill every noob they see. This is a nerf for people who want to fight in a (unofficial) PvP zone but can't because of all the overpowered guards scattered there. Little evs is afraid of people raiding his precious PP1? why don't you stop relying on overpowered guards to do your job and start defending your turf by yourself?

PP1 is a TS zone.

Ok now we have established that, if PvP is to occur, why cant it occur on the other side of pp1 if you dont want guards to get involved.

For a start, we protect PP pretty well and fight a lot there - hell it's our zone.
Every other zone also has guards of various factions, if i wandered into plaza 1 and stood near the guards - i'd get shot.

So i don't do it. If i want to risk running past the guards to get through the zone, i do so - but i certainly dont stop and try and have a conversation in front of them.

The people who most are affected by PP 1 guards, are normally pk zone fighting heroes who prefer to run around the immediate entrance of pp and zone when in trouble, go fight near the other zone line instead of asking for a nerf to our guards.

Ascension
03-02-04, 19:03
Originally posted by evs
PP1 is a TS zone.

Ok now we have established that, if PvP is to occur, why cant it occur on the other side of pp1 if you dont want guards to get involved.

For a start, we protect PP pretty well and fight a lot there - hell it's our zone.
Every other zone also has guards of various factions, if i wandered into plaza 1 and stood near the guards - i'd get shot.

So i don't do it. If i want to risk running past the guards to get through the zone, i do so - but i certainly dont stop and try and have a conversation in front of them.

The people who most are affected by PP 1 guards, are normally pk zone fighting heroes who prefer to run around the immediate entrance of pp and zone when in trouble, go fight near the other zone line instead of asking for a nerf to our guards.

when it wsa suggested that the guards toned up at MB everyone was like OMG OMG!!! NO WAY.. carebear BASE.. now think back to that and look at PP 1 then look at PP 2 BD has alot fewer guards.. least u can actually avoid them.. i notice u can still stand in plaza 1 untill DoY so add the guards when DoY comes or kick enemies outa plaza 1 now.. and stick 100000 guards in there Zones/HQ's etc :wtf:

evs
03-02-04, 19:07
Still, i don't want to end up in a mini flame war, and i can 'sort of' see fawkes point.

On the other hand i dont agree in the guards getting more nerfed than what they are now (note: the punch bug does need fixing)

So i spose it's a case of agree to disagree.

but leave our guards alone ;)

Fawkes
03-02-04, 19:36
I really don't want a flame war here too, but I just can't ignore your points.

Originally posted by evs

I'll tell you why - because it has guards there as well. I'm surprised you're not aware of that as a TS. PP1 is full of them. Besides, even if there weren't guards there, why would I go there? No one's ever there. Like PP2 or the OZ, it's empty. You are talking about the upper PP1 level are you? the PP2 zoneline side? If you're talking about the other side of the lower level, I sure will go fight there if there weren't guards there.

So you do protect your turf by yourself. That's just another reason to nerf the guards.

P1 isn't like PP1. In P1 guards will shoot you after a while, whereas in PP1 guards will shoot you only if you provoke them (or if someone else provokes them). That's one reason I don't mind going in PP1 (I never go inside P1). Another reason is because I can get pokes/resses/repairs/etc in other places beside P1 (although it's quite difficult), whereas fights are harder to find. PP1 is the unofficial PvP zone of NC. There's no other place where you can go and find someone to fight (not someone to PK, someone to fight) at any given time. Well, except certain hours when NC is almost completely deserted.

Look, this can go on forever. I won't reply again to your arguments because I didn't open this thread to argue with you or other people who think the overpowered guards are okay. KK has already nerfed them once and they will once again. There's no point.

edit: er, I mean, I didn't open my previous thread to argue with you. My thread here was merged.