PDA

View Full Version : City Merc guards

El Barto
03-02-04, 16:02
'Ello,

I just thought while we wait for the server to go back up I will post what I think should happen to the City Merc guards (been a City Merc for a long while now).

First of all they need to actully shoot, they should give 1 warning then shoot (I think all faction guards should be the same atm).

There should be guards at each side of each door in the MB (providing it won't cause to much lag), In MB sector 1, and in MB sector 3, MB sector 3 should a quite a few guards, this is the missile silo for the CMs and there is now guards here? o.O. More guards around MB enterance as well, if you look at TH and TG there are guards every where there really and there isn't many places you can get to alive if you are an enemy faction there, but you can at MB.

I would say that they should put guards on each side of each door and other places as well in MB sector 2, but the thing is this might cause lag and put that on top of the lag that is already there it would be to much. When the lag is sorted out in MB sector 2 then there should be more guards there.

Also the guards that are directly on the zone lines of MB sector 1 and MB enterance sector should be moved to the side, you go to click on the door then a guard spawns there and you start talking to you. City Merc guards are very talkative, even more so if you are an enemy faction.

Thats whay I think any way.

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:06
Just remove 90% of all guards .....

Let the players defend, Im in MB alot recently defending it with you guys, so its not like you havent got support there, plus it makes the game fun. The guards that do shoot hurt like fuckery on a stick tho .....

Gestra
03-02-04, 16:06
and make guards insta kill all enemy runners.

El Barto
03-02-04, 16:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Just remove 90% of all guards .....

Let the players defend, Im in MB alot recently defending it with you guys, so its not like you havent got support there, plus it makes the game fun. The guards that do shoot hurt like fuckery on a stick tho .....

As far as I know every other faction have useful guards and plenty of them, so I think the CMs should do as well.

(This bit below is not really to do with the thread)
Most people raid the MB as well at some thing like 2am or some think, that just pisses me right off, why on Earth can't they do it mid day or some thing.

Devils Grace
03-02-04, 20:43
???????

do u think everyone that plays this game live in ur country ????

Organics
03-02-04, 20:49
@devil

Lol was about to write the same thing TBH :) And in any case, it's a common tactic to attack while the server pop is low :D A little unfair in some eyes perhaps, but then life, and especially NC life, isn't fair :D

Tratos
03-02-04, 21:09
o_O

Strange.

Was at MB the other night on my spy with a few others, the gaurds seemed to be getting pissed off alot easier and were shooting at us on sight instead of giving us the usual blurb, infact they were part of the reason we got a bit fucked up and trapped in one of the lvling areas....

Anywho, i dunno about faction gaurds, i think there should be some, but not as many as currently, and perhaps should patrol in two's from one end of the zone to another, giving the chance to sneek around them. would make raids and infiltration alot more interesting to say the least.

~T

Organics
03-02-04, 21:11
Yeah I agree, they should patrol and move around, would make it more interesting and raise the tension :)

I do think there are a few too many NPC guards in MB, but nothing compared to TH hehe :) Wouldn't last 3 seconds in TH with all those turrets :D Unless they are like the mob turrets where if you don't draw a weapon, they don't shoot?

El Barto
03-02-04, 23:23
Originally posted by Devils Grace
???????

do u think everyone that plays this game live in ur country ????

Yes......yes I do