PDA

View Full Version : Tank Devourer!!!

spikeownzu
03-02-04, 15:58
Who thinks it should be nerfed???

I speak to other tanks on saturn and even they agree its overpowered!! lol

BTW, any APU monk has beaten a tank using dev and camo PA in 1v1 arena e.g neofrag, i'v never seen it

El Barto
03-02-04, 16:06
I don't think its over powered, I am a Gen-Tank and a PPU monk, if you know how to deal with it right and have a good set up against the type of damage that counts when a dev hits you, they aren't that over powered. Sure they do alot of damage, and I can't rally understand people wanting it nerfed, because really its not all that bad.

I think CS is better than the Dev personaly, I only use a dev cos of PPUs, but I don't ever take a Dev into PP1 unless I know there is a PPU in there that needs to be killed, CS is just better.

Dev should NOT be nerfed.

•Super|\|ova•
03-02-04, 16:08
It's fine. Don't whine ;) had to rhyme a bit :lol:

Original monk
spike: the dev is good as it is

the apumonks and cstanks yust gotta get rid of the idea that they can yust cast/shoot and stand still and that the devtank will run for the L337 damage they do ...

every cstank or monk can own a devtank bigtime if they yust take some distance ... OK this isnt possible when you are camping the PP1 zoneline ... thats why they are whining probably ...

tell the guys they talked to that said the dev was overpowerd that they are nibs .. spec some poisonresist, keep a distance and you will be fine ...

Scikar
Don't you ever give up? What do you have to back up your argument? You've shown no evidence whatsoever, you just claim that some tanks think Dev is overpowered so therefore it should be nerfed?

Hey I think HL is overpowered, can we nerf that?

Finl
just get some skillz and stop whining about it.

Chaplin
03-02-04, 16:11
APU range 100m+ > Dev range 10m

spike's a n00b :angel:

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:12
My main problem with the dev is that it does alot more damage then the CS, the main argument for that is due to its range and the fact that it slows you down like a cannon even tho its the size of a rifle. Tbh ive just got to the stange with the rest of the stuff in NC, just live with it.

What I would like tho tbh is another small boost in melee damage, we have half the range of a dev, but dont have the runspeed malus. we do however get truely fucked over by stuns :( Melee imo should do somewhere near to APU Damage as we have to get so damn close to people plus theres the fact that 90% of hits on a target that is moving away from you dont actually register still :(

Original monk
03-02-04, 16:13
Originally posted by Scikar
Don't you ever give up? What do you have to back up your argument?

spike is the one contantly spamming trade on saturn as spike II: when i mean constantly i mean: so irritating that he is the only person on saturn that made it to my mute list since beginning of retail ... a whole achievement spike :)

so i dont think he will stop whining about the dev until they nerf the dev wich he dislikes cause he cant HLspam HCtanks to dead anymore ... with the same ease he used to (that is yust standing still at the zoneline and zone away when it gets dangerous ...)

and btw spike is one of them people that likes to punch guards in PP ... says enough ..

Scikar
03-02-04, 16:15
Originally posted by Original monk
spike is the one contantly spamming trade on saturn as spike II: when i mean constantly i mean: so irritating that he is the only person on saturn that made it to my mute list since beginning of retail ... a whole achievement spike :)

so i dont think he will stop whining about the dev until they nerf the dev wich he dislikes cause he cant HLspam HCtanks to dead anymore ... with the same ease he used to ..

and btw spike is one of them people that likes to punch guards in PP ... says enough ..

I know who he is. You forgot to mention he's one of those APUs who is never seen without an accompanying PPU.

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:16
NERF SPIKE !!!!1234

O_o

yeah...

Bud
03-02-04, 16:16
Will you give it up? for the first time in a year i can finally defend myself against an APU without a PPU up my butt. whats wrong with you people, dont you have tank characters too?

Dru Blood
03-02-04, 16:19
u know the dev is the boost which the tanks needed. i came across a dev tank and thought hehe peice of cake with my cs out. after emptying a clip into him i suddenly realised that it was a good job i just added some poison reisist he was seriously damaging me so i got some distance and sum uber speed over him and low and behold thats how u beat a dev tank.

Filth
03-02-04, 16:22
it is over powerd but im not sayign nerf it and im not a tank :P but when a class can take down a caped ppu with no assistance at all then theres somthgin very wrong with that lol

Radamez
03-02-04, 16:22
NERF IT! because I can't use it *cough*.. i mean, to make the game more balanced and that... yeh :o

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:24
Originally posted by Filth
it is over powerd but im not sayign nerf it and im not a tank :P but when a class can take down a caped ppu with no assistance at all then theres somthgin very wrong with that lol

yea, something wrong with the PPU

I had 2 dev tank's on me in PP Lastnight, I managed to rez codename without even takin any damage thats worth mentioning.
I get 24 second rez time, Get aps and cath up, heal sanct, cast holy heal on yourself, crouch, heal lasts 20 seconds, heal sanct lasts even longer, you can rez and youll most likely be at full health.
I wear heavy poisonbelt on my PPU, have high fire/energy/xray resist aswell. Just use yer brains and it helps, heal lasts twice as long while crouched and heal is the lifesaver, not a shelter .....

spikeownzu
03-02-04, 16:24
OMG, everybodies a tank

too many tank supporters!!!

im quitting :mad:

lol

btw, it is gonna get nerfed, it HAS to be nerfed sometime in the future..

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:25
Originally posted by spikeownzu
OMG, everybodies a tank

too many tank supporters!!!

im quitting :mad:

lol

btw, it is gonna get nerfed, it HAS to be nerfed sometime in the future..

thats funny coming from a monk :lol:

WTM
03-02-04, 16:26

spec some poison then

TheEnemy
03-02-04, 16:27
OH NOZ, nerf anything that can kill Spike while he has a PPU with him (eg. all the time)

Dru Blood
03-02-04, 16:29
im just sick of the nerf this nerf that threads, how about you just get used to it as it is, since gen tanks are supposed to be the warriors of the game then dont u think it should be possible for them to do decent amount of damage? i mean my monk is really overpowered compared to most tanks, and now since the dev is introduced its really hard close up vs a tank.

i think its wicked means more interesting pvp.

d'Angel
03-02-04, 16:40
Whatta fuck... Nerf ur mother.
I'm not even a tank and i say dev is the best thing that has happened to this game since ww2.
Even now that CS does crazy damage... i can still beat tank in duel with my lib, and hey isnt that what tanks are suppose to be.. take lots of damage and give it too.
Stop whining and learn how to play...

Zanathos
03-02-04, 16:54
Theres nothing wrong with the devourer as long as you have some poison resistance.

My ppu can be killed easily by a devourer because he has no poison resist right now, none, zip, zero, ziltch, nada.

Thats why he can be killed by it easily.

That and he doesnt have a capped holy heal and holy deflector yet :p

My PE which has almost NO poison resistance does not fear the devourer. Why? Because if Im being attacked by one, I run away from the tank, throw out a heal and then run a little more, turn around, and shoot his ass. Or just stealth away, follow the tank a little as he searches for me, when I unstealth, shoot his ass.

Rince and repeat.

You wanna be up close to a tank with a devourer? Your choice.

As for me, I'll keep my distance.

BTW, I own a tank so... yeah.... *points at signature*

KramerTheWeird
03-02-04, 17:20
I don't think people understand. A lot of the smart players have spec'd to poison already. My ppu has 77 with enough fire resist too, and Psycho Killa's has similar or higher. I can say for sure I cannot outheal one devourer anymore. This is standing completely still using holy cath sanctum and heal/shelter/buffs. I think now my problem is no heavy level belts, but before patch, I could outheal (factoring their reload time) 2 devourers doing this. So there is a dramatic difference.

Fenix: I doubt those tanks had a very high frequency on dev, or were smart enough to sit and hit you constantly.

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 17:31
doesnt hurt my ppu ;D

Original monk
03-02-04, 17:36
a dev doesnt hurt me either lol, and even then ... its not like you HAVE to stand still the whole time and yust wait while youre being shot ... (maybe 1 min with a rezz yeah, but yust wait 2 seconds till there gone or call some backup, common man)

:)

KramerTheWeird
03-02-04, 17:39
My PPU is still levelling so he's not as strong :)

fatwreck
03-02-04, 17:42
my ppu can outheal one :confused: they are good, but not overpowered. just have to fight a little different than against a CS tank

BombShell
03-02-04, 17:45
yah i even spec posion. lost some ath but hey i had to much anyway :)

BombShell
03-02-04, 17:48
Originally posted by fatwreck
my ppu can outheal one :confused: they are good, but not overpowered. just have to fight a little different than against a CS tank

only a few monks can out heal one. but those are the best monks.

hell i even killed ppus with cs. if ur really aggressive aginst then

but some are just impossible to kill.

Duder
03-02-04, 17:48
Leave the Dev alone

Sleawer
03-02-04, 17:50
psi poison fixed > everyone cries for nerfs > psi poison nerfed > people still cries for nerfs > psi poison nerfed again > people still cries for nerfs > anti poison drugs added to the game > now people can go around with a bunch of drugs and ZERO poison resists = everyone happy, fuck monks they are overpowered after all eh?

devourer comes > people cry for nerfs > "shut up and spec poison resist"

I agree, dont nerf devourer, spec your poison resists as much as you can.

And unnerf psi poison.

BombShell
03-02-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Sleawer
psi poison fixed > everyone cries for nerfs > psi poison nerfed > people still cries for nerfs > psi poison nerfed again > people still cries for nerfs > anti poison drugs added to the game > now people can go around with a bunch of drugs and ZERO poison resists = everyone happy, fuck monks they are overpowered after all eh?

And unnerf psi poison.

y unnerf poison beam dont work anymore when u zone :)

Lucjan
03-02-04, 17:57
Originally posted by Sleawer

And unnerf psi poison.

So true :( But when it comes to poison people somehow dont want to spec for it. The first "spec some poison" wave came with these psi poison nerfs. Some people went for more poison resists then and realized that poison beams arent so deadly anymore. But the majority just refused to spec poison. Now the next poison weapon comes and there arent so many 0 POS people anymore, maybe now poison has a chance to became a viable damage type.

Dont nerf Dev!
Slowly unnerf poison spells!

Peter Andre
03-02-04, 18:01
its not ova pawered its just u have no por resist

Sleawer
03-02-04, 18:04
I agree that the first poison nerf was somehow needed, but the second and the anti poison drugs were total overkill.

If we nerf devourer now, we are doing exactly the same...

DestructionUK
03-02-04, 18:06
my mains a PE and with the right resist set up the dev is fine it does good damage with out being over powered, leave it be :)

Psycho Killa
03-02-04, 18:08

Yea something wrong like something wrong with the ppu because 2 devs are easy for me.

Ok not easy but I have 90 poisin resist compared to 200000 energy and about 100 fire xray while you factor in that shelter affects xray energy fire and not poisin its really not overpowered.

There just needs to be more poisin protection options.

rubaduckythug
03-02-04, 18:20
Dont nerf the damn dev, if you havnt spec'd 4 it then tuff.

no posion and/or good fire resit = death and your mistake

Some poison and good fire resist = a fair match considering the class's who canmt use it can always use a poison or fire belt or toss on a viper king armor. thats wut my tank dose when facing a tank with a dev, he straps on hte viper king and puts on a inq4 helm.

you sit there and bitch yet your char has a shitty resist setup or isnt specd for somthing nad you think it should be nerf'd? theres your payback for being ignorant enopugh to not spec por or make up 4 it in some way (ie armor, drugs ect.... its your own fualt if it ownz you :o

Sleawer
03-02-04, 18:28
Well I say dont nerf the dev for obvious reasons, it is not overpowered imo... in the sense that it is not or should not be imbalancing the game.

But also is not a matter of telling him (I reffer to the poster) that his con setup is a shit and has to rework it.. to be honest it's damn hard to spec a good apu monk con setup, and highly unlikely to cover all resists properly.

But that's not a problem of devourer, the situation needs a good degree of adaptation and adjustement in your combat skills... this more than tweaking any of your resists.

Zanathos
03-02-04, 18:47
Seriously, people just need to put points into poison resist.

My tank has poison resist (and viper king armor)

my PE i think has just a little bit (but I blame that on me choosing to use the strength heart 2)

my ppu doesnt have any right now (still levelin him)

my spy will prolly not have any, i havent actually gotten a good setup made for my spy yet.

Why do you suppose people put phosphorus or explosive ammo in their guns? Because most people WILL have energy resistance and x-ray resistance. So you go with fire and explosive (usually fire is a more neglected skill unless people are going to level at a certain area that should have fire armor) and explosive and in some cases, phosphorus ammo, is good for monks.

Poison was never much of a threat to people hence no one every put points into it, but now that this devourer is here, people are saying its overpowered because they dont have poison resistance.

Shut up and get some poison resistance :rolleyes:

ino
03-02-04, 18:53
Ähh.. Leave the thing be.. Spec poison and fire and you wont drop that fast if you got a ppu arround..

I got shot by some tanks with them dev's last night and if you dont stand arround like a dolt and have heavy poison and some poison specced in con and a haz 3 you wont drop that fast. But that is from a PPu's perspective.. some apus dropped kinda fast but I think it was alot to little poison protection.

And the dev didnt look that easy to aim with and keep the flamer on you so move yer ass when you get close to a dev and you might make it..

It has to be alot easier to dodge the dev than the cs which hits with 1 - 4 shot even if you get out of the rectangle when first beeing targeted.

edit: why the dev might do more dmg than a cs is probably due to the lack of range and it stacks, one hit by a poison beam isnt that bad 10 is.. I've seen alot of ppus drop like that to a dev.. its amazing how dumb some ppl are.. dont stay the fuck still move and you can make it.. guess its same for a apu especially now that they got their atl back.. keep 15m away and hl away and there is a chance to drop a tank with a dev.

ezza
03-02-04, 18:54
all im gonna say is get the feck away from the tank nerfages >.<

imo the monk should use the range he has to lay some good shots on the tank before he can get close, if as a monk(like ive seen a lot do)charge up to the tank then you deserve to die, so many monks actually just run towards the tank, hello keep your distance, tanks are lethal at close range, if you want to come into dev range so be it but accept the the damge down.

spike are you having a problem now that you cant put every tank down in seconds?

Barak
03-02-04, 18:57
hell dont nerf it but lower it a little with specced fire and posion it still fekkin ********** and dont say use range all they do is put it away and run upto you..

but this may become less of a problem with the para nerf...

Clownst0pper
03-02-04, 19:00
Merge this thread with Devrouer Vs CS.

Its been said before, So ill say it again.

Spec right, and keep your distance and the devourer is laughable.

Foolish enough not to spec a large amount of fire and poison + get close, you deserve to take some serious dmg, it is the shortest ranged weapon in the game (next to melee)

"a tank has a new toy which hurts in those circumstances, I know, instead of altering my setup, Ill ask for a nerf, far easier"

Get real :o

Zanathos
03-02-04, 19:14
hey, heres an idea for ppus, stop for a split second, whip out a shock spell, shock the tank, run away.

and no its not that hard to keep your distance from a tank thats using a devourer, he gets to close, you run away again, not that hard when the tank has his weapon out.

Im thinking instead of getting really good resists on my rifle spy, ill just get alot of speed, someone gets close to me, i run away :p

btw, spies should be naturally faster than every other class in the game.

Shadow Dancer
03-02-04, 19:27
Originally posted by spikeownzu

BTW, any APU monk has beaten a tank using dev and camo PA in 1v1 arena e.g neofrag, i'v never seen it

I have. I voted no btw.

I can't believe 33 people voted yes. Jesus christ the thing has a range of 10 meters.

This community worries me sometimes. :rolleyes:

Leebzie
03-02-04, 19:33
The dev ANNIHILATES me.

but thats cause I dont spec poison, so its my own fault. I play around it by attempting to get out of range. *shrugs*

Skill > Resists.

I dont know , or honestly think its actually overpowered. Never played a tank on retail.

Archeus
03-02-04, 19:39
Having played a tank for 17 days back in patch 189 I can say with that much experience that the Devourer is clearly overpowered.

(Actually only tests I've gotten with the Dev lately are normally uncontrolled experiments and have Nexxy doing the happy dance on my corpse).

Judge
03-02-04, 19:45
It does barely any damage to me even with 10 poison resists. If it is hurting you so much then get some god damn fire resist as well, it does at least 50/50 fire and poison.

Additionally it has a range of about 12 meters and aims like shit ALSO it does less damage than a CS, IF YOU SPEC POISON, and the actual DoT bars last for roughly two seconds.

So no, don't nerf it.

Psycho Killa
03-02-04, 19:46
Archeus how much poisin ressit do you have?

Also you have tradeskills which means less ressits (cuz u dont overspec agiity to have less athletics)

I got 90 something poisin resist myself and If i chose to put on pa and switch my defense2 for a pp chip I can have even hire poisin.

Archeus
03-02-04, 19:51
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Archeus how much poisin ressit do you have?

50 (in subskill). I have to assume that my first test (or attack) was a fluke or lag or something as I was dead before realised wtf was going on.

The only other times I've bumped into a dev was at jail house, two of them at the same time on an unbuffed ppu -_-

Actually I was only joking in the previous post. Until such time I can fully test the dev I don't have an opinion either way.

Trip
03-02-04, 19:59
what i find stupid is that a CS is more advanced than a Dev...Yet a CS can be outdamaged EASILY. You can spec out a spy to take hits from a CS coming up to 4 or 5 bursts...A specced out tank for a poison Dev can barely take 3 sprays.

Now I can see the range argument coming into play and thats fine and all but if you attack at range then you have to stand still...running and sniping is just stupid no matter who you are. The problem is though that dev tank will charge you so damn fast and then burn you...if he comes to you you have to run...he continues to chase you continue to run. You cant fire and run at the same time. But the Dev can.

I reckon a slight tap with the damage. Nothing biblical or anything just like a 5% drop. And also I was thinking...You dont see people irl with flamethrowers charging as they run...simple reason really. If you run too fast while firing a flame thrower, you hit yourself...if there's some way to do that that'd make it so much better. A flamethrower as a barrier weapon.

dr.fish
03-02-04, 20:02
my ppu outheals teh dev.

and if not start moving and go a bit further and he's fucked !!

sure u can't rezz under DEV fire, but that's normal, every class has an anti ppu weapon now, and that's normal.

I'm really pleased with the all the new tanks popping out since those new weapons :). Much more classes nowadays in OP fights.

g0rt
03-02-04, 20:05
coming from someone who plays his tank maybe 5 minutes a week TOPS, and uses a CS for 2/5 of those minutes...

NO

40$Poser
03-02-04, 20:34
nerf whiners who choose to not have some poison resist. And if your a ppu and die to just a devourer, I suggest you delete your ppu and hang your head in shame because you are surely pathetic to not be able to create a con setup in which you can take a beating and still outheal it.

Clownst0pper
03-02-04, 20:41
Can we please stop these stupid fucking threads?

THE DEVOURER IS FINE - FUCKING SPEC POISON AND GET SOME SKILLZ U G0RTS

ino
03-02-04, 20:46
Why the dev does more dmg than cs is cause it does dot damage. Even if it is only for 1 - 2 seconds the dot does nice dmg when sprayed alot.. And it also does a fair amount of fire. So having 0 fire and 1000000 poison wont help you alot cause I think the fire dmg is higher than the poison.

as many ppl have said allready including myself. the dev has a very limited range.. pull you rifle or cannon in and you can out run the dev flamer user if you get more than 15 - 20m away and it dont seem to be extreemly accurate either.. So taking the limits of the dev in question then it isnt that overpowered even to ppl with 0 poison if they keep away.. if you get hit by one tiny flame it wont kill you, its when ppl stand still and let the dev eat the person it starts to hurt like hell.. But let an apu stack 10 poisons on your ass and it will start to hurt too.

If KK where to change the dev to like 100m range and the flame flows faster (easier to keep flame on target) then ppl can start bitching..

40$Poser
03-02-04, 20:58
you wouldn't take more dmg if you had a decent amount of poison resist (for those who mod them with poison)

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 23:21
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Fenix: I doubt those tanks had a very high frequency on dev, or were smart enough to sit and hit you constantly.

heh funny that, they were 2 of your clans tanks :lol: :p

Anyway, I had cath and aps up, the stacks were gone before they were on me, plus holy heal running for 20 seconds of the 24 second rez time, yea, try takin me down without antibuff ... They were on me most the time then one went off to stand on the guy i was rezzing.

Dont Mess
04-02-04, 04:39
its fine it does about 50 mx to my ppu in like 10 clips and apus can ******** dev tanks u just need 2 learn 2 run back fire run back coz of the range and its not so much the posion that hurts its the fire wen yr near it. Torn killed me wen i first got it all he did was run back stack me wen i get close run further next min im dead.

mdares
04-02-04, 04:52
honestly i'm not sure its the fire or the poison... cuz i was on test server a while ago and sparing with a gm on my hyb monkey... took dev a shit long time and still didnt kill me till my buffs wore off... and i had NO por... well ok i had like 15... but thtas from buffs... i do have 125 overall fire... so maybe some people need to check fire and por too?

also my melee tank with only 60 por (cuz i dunt wanna lom out my 100 ath) takes only 10 dmg a tick from 8 dev stacks... and thats melee... i HAVE to get close up... and i can get damn close to kilin dev tanks... only thing is melee is still kinda borked... but thats another thread...

sorry to say but in a very real sense dev is sorta ok... (pre 195 "unintentional boost")

Valkyrie
04-02-04, 04:57
Goddamit why the hell did they have to boost it last patch, now it overpowered and will have to get the KK nerf treatment :rolleyes:

It was fine before FFS.

gostly
04-02-04, 05:16
it's fine...leave it alone...ffs stop your bitching

:rolleyes:

da_zero0
04-02-04, 09:42
i hate tanks

i hate everything

nerf the devourer and nerf drones and lets get rid of hyrids *g*

Archeus
04-02-04, 11:19
Finally got to test it, that didn't involve me getting PK'ed. :p

Normal Dev... buffed no heals running = pretty much no damage.

Poison Dev... Buffed no heals running, 1 clip. = Nothing to worry about.

3 clips = Would of probably died if I didn't have antidote. More then 3 clips = dead.

With heals running it isn't so bad though as long as you don't stand still.

Compared to the CS though it's a joke. Buffed no heals, full clip of a CS does very little damage. With heals its like the tank isn't there.

Gohei
04-02-04, 11:31
If your not ready to sacrifice some con or armor into poison then doom on you man.

The dev is easy to avoid, is has a crappy range of 10m and if you cant outrun a tank with a cannon pulled out theres something wrong with your runspeed.

And the whole dev vs PPU is bullshit.
Some PPUs knows how to put up a defence against dev and some doesn't. Thats their problem.

Players jusst otta learn how to spec some poison resist or put on some damn poison armor. The poison damage aint going anywhere so you better get used to it.
I play a tank, PE and a spy, and i cant say that dev is overpowered in any way.

Jusst leave it as it is damnit.

•Super|\|ova•
04-02-04, 11:38
Originally posted by ezza
all im gonna say is get the feck away from the tank nerfages >.<

imo the monk should use the range he has to lay some good shots on the tank before he can get close, if as a monk(like ive seen a lot do)charge up to the tank then you deserve to die, so many monks actually just run towards the tank, hello keep your distance, tanks are lethal at close range, if you want to come into dev range so be it but accept the the damge down.

10 pts for ezza...

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Merge this thread with Devrouer Vs CS.

Its been said before, So ill say it again.

Spec right, and keep your distance and the devourer is laughable.

Foolish enough not to spec a large amount of fire and poison + get close, you deserve to take some serious dmg, it is the shortest ranged weapon in the game (next to melee)

"a tank has a new toy which hurts in those circumstances, I know, instead of altering my setup, Ill ask for a nerf, far easier"

Get real :o

...and 10 for Clownst0pper. Seriously. These guys said everything you need to know about this. As they usually say, "nuff said".

Amen.

naimex
04-02-04, 11:41
It´s fine the way it is...

It´s not un-usable and it´s not too powerfull.

range people, range..

"spells : outrange do fine dmg"
"rifles : outrange do fine dmg"
"pistols : if built properly.. outrange do medium dmg"
"cannons : outrange .. (tanks have resists for combat with this sucker) so else its just pure on close cannon combat"

Don´t see what the problem is.

Clownst0pper
04-02-04, 12:07
and 10 for Clownst0pper. Seriously. These guys said everything you need to know about this. As they usually say, "nuff said".

Do I get a cookie? :D

Archeus
04-02-04, 12:09
Originally posted by Gohei

And the whole dev vs PPU is bullshit.
Some PPUs knows how to put up a defence against dev and some doesn't. Thats their problem.

Erm, I had med Fire belt, Haz3, Holy S/D, HH and HHS running as well as 50 poison skill and about 420 health. So don't be saying that it is because I am speccing wrong.

Also I had 0 fire resist yet the poison one did an insane amount of damage compared to the poison resist (which I am specc'ed for)

If you get a good whack with the Dev the PPU is fucked unless they have fully specced out for a Dev.

Compared to the CS the Dev is way overpowered.

naimex
04-02-04, 12:11
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Do I get a cookie? :D

not really.. I tried getting cookies implemented.. but i think they thought i was joking ^^

otherwise : Yes you would have gotten a cookie

Scikar
04-02-04, 12:15
Originally posted by Archeus
Erm, I had med Fire belt, Haz3, Holy S/D, HH and HHS running as well as 50 poison skill and about 420 health. So don't be saying that it is because I am speccing wrong.

If you get a good whack with the Dev the PPU is fucked unless they have fully specced out for a Dev.

Compared to the CS the Dev is way overpowered.

No tradeskills => more agility => less atheletics => more resists.

If all you have is 50 poison resist in CON, that's a 33% armor absorption. That's it. Your shelter isn't doing anything. So it's pretty damn obvious that you're going to take a lot of damage. If HH can outheal a rare weapon to which you only have 33% armor absorb, then think how much you could outheal with 95%+ abosrb against energy, fire, xray, force, and pierce?

Clyde
04-02-04, 12:21
its as simple as, stay the fuck away from the people woth devs. why do people insist on staying close range when they cant hit you from a distance. Its a bit painful, but i wouldnt wanna nerf it.