PDA

View Full Version : Patch 196 Facts

Thanatos
03-02-04, 15:36
Patch Notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=452&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Please keep this thread free of discussions, use the other thread.

ZoneVortex
03-02-04, 16:51
something wrong with faction sympathies...

i log on and 5 minutes later I see "You have lost a great deal of symp with crahn, TG, and BD" i think it was

I am FA...

I check my symp box and I have 1024 city merc symp

yeah, 1024...

sorta high considering I had negative yesterday :D

s0apy
03-02-04, 16:52
confirmed - strange books in gogo and appy cabs turned into milky rens. yummy :).

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 16:53
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
something wrong with faction sympathies...

i log on and 5 minutes later I see "You have lost a great deal of symp with crahn, TG, and BD" i think it was

I am FA...

I check my symp box and I have 1024 city merc symp

yeah, 1024...

sorta high considering I had negative yesterday :D

known bug afaik, seen it a few times before, relog or zone generally fixes it.

tuxy
03-02-04, 16:53
para = super nerfed all rejoice :)

DigestiveBiscui
03-02-04, 17:31
Originally posted by tuxy

YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

BombShell
03-02-04, 17:37
para nerf good to know. but sadly i got school today :(

but when i get bak ill kill u all with out worry of para muahhaahah :)

Ozzon
03-02-04, 18:03
Originally posted by tuxy

Hooray but Holy Paralyse is still worse from halo, has shorter range, needs 40 more points to cast and has slower RoF. :rolleyes:

Ehyuko
03-02-04, 18:24
Patch 196 is not in the patch center.

Darkborg
03-02-04, 18:30
But it is on the ftp site that the patch center links too.
If you acces that you can still get it the fast way hehe.

jj dynomite
03-02-04, 18:35
Hey Thanatos....

Did this patch fix the TH 1 gravlifts?

Before the patch they were still blocked from entering from the bottom.

robinitnow
03-02-04, 18:49
warbots seem to do more damage to me now.

Nidhogg
03-02-04, 18:59
Again can I remind you only to post patch facts here. If you have a question about the patch and wish to discuss it then please do so on the discussion thread.

N

/edit - da_pimp, that includes you. :rolleyes:

Brammers
03-02-04, 22:59
Techhaven sector 1 has the compass back (Got removed in the last patch). And also the gravlifts are also blocked off.

Wharg0ul
03-02-04, 23:36
Added my alt to our clan, and my faction sympathy for my faction went to ZERO :mad:
Kinda makes leveling suck not being able to get a mission...

Peeping Tom
04-02-04, 06:03
i get the right click bug alot now.. anyone else ?
K4F

Spex
04-02-04, 09:43
Certain boost spells don't show their effects in the info window ... haven't checked them all though. A quicktest through the ones in my gogo + inventory + quickbelt contained two spells without info: const boost 3 and heat resist 3.

Edit: Bought a drone booster 1 with one free slot in Yakarma @ Plaza 1. Got a non-slotted drone booster 1 in my inventory. Similar stuff happened to a support booster 3 before the last patch(es): Bought a 2 slot (according to shop info) and got a one slotted in my inv then.

Maarten
04-02-04, 12:07
Right click bug also happens a lot for me now

El_MUERkO
04-02-04, 12:39
Originally posted by Maarten
Right click bug also happens a lot for me now

Yep me two, had to relog 4/5 times last night.

Dargeshaad
04-02-04, 14:37
Blessed Heal bp says it needs 1xWeaponpart 4 and 1xWeaponpart 2. However it needs 2xWeaponpart 4 and no Weaponpart 2.

Spoon
04-02-04, 18:47
-I've gotten 2 FRE's since patch 195...
Both were at the character selection screen, upon selecting my character I would FRE.

This exception was created in the Callstack Log at the time of the FRE:

//=====================================================
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 004571FC 01:000161FC C:\PROGRAM FILES\NEOCRON\STLPORT_VC645.DLL

Registers:
EAX:004FF7B8
EBX:04C821E4
ECX:0CD0974E
EDX:0CD0974E
ESI:04C82234
EDI:04C82240
CS:EIP:01A7:004571FC
SS:ESP:01AF:00908F88 EBP:00908FDC
DS:01AF ES:01AF FS:271F GS:0000
Flags:00010206
IMAGEHLP.DLL or its exported procs not found
Call stack:
Address Frame Logical addr Module
004571FC 00908FDC 0001:000161FC C:\PROGRAM FILES\NEOCRON\STLPORT_VC645.DLL
00408A03 009090F4 0001:00007A03 C:\PROGRAM FILES\NEOCRON\CLIENT.EXE

-Also, I'm getting new Errors in the Error Logs, I've never seen before..

Examples:

@WRefCnt < 0, Resource Name gfx\decals\pistoldecal.bmp

SCRIPTEDSOUND : Script spawn failed STEPPE
SCRIPTEDSOUND : Script spawn failed CANYON
SCRIPTEDSOUND : Script spawn failed GRASS
Exception created World Load failed
@WWORLDMGR : Editorobject spawn failed: World Load failed

@WSOUNDMGR : Sound File Open failed:sound\enemies\cavecreaper sm\idle1.wav

@WSOUNDMGR : Sound File Open failed:sound\enemies\camelmutant\idle.wav

(I'm afraid to ask what that "camelmutant" sound is..8|)

Organics
04-02-04, 18:51
Originally posted by Spex
Certain boost spells don't show their effects in the info window ... haven't checked them all though. A quicktest through the ones in my gogo + inventory + quickbelt contained two spells without info: const boost 3 and heat resist 3.

Edit: Bought a drone booster 1 with one free slot in Yakarma @ Plaza 1. Got a non-slotted drone booster 1 in my inventory. Similar stuff happened to a support booster 3 before the last patch(es): Bought a 2 slot (according to shop info) and got a one slotted in my inv then.

Yep I get the slot bug thing from NPC vendors also. I bought a 2 slot Deflector from Yakarma in Plaza 1, and got a normal Deflector o_O

And I still get the damned Use key / right-click bug almost everytime I login.

Any news on the TH gravlifts yet ?

Myrlin
04-02-04, 18:56
Originally posted by Organics
Yep I get the slot bug thing from NPC vendors also. I bought a 2 slot Deflector from Yakarma in Plaza 1, and got a normal Deflector o_O

And I still get the damned Use key / right-click bug almost everytime I login.

Any news on the TH gravlifts yet ?

The issue with vendors has been around for a long time. That's not a new issue with 195 or 196.

IceStorm
04-02-04, 19:00
This guy (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1195401#post1195401) said there should be a GR at the Racetrack in "the next patch". Well, 196 is "the next patch" and I don't see a GR out here in the Desert Racetrack zone...

Will the GR be put in with 197?

Organics
04-02-04, 19:14
Originally posted by Myrlin
The issue with vendors has been around for a long time. That's not a new issue with 195 or 196.

Hmm that's interesting because I've bought several slotted Psi modules from the Yakarma store and the slots were always correct beforehand :)

Perhaps just pure luck. Who knows.

Ehyuko
04-02-04, 19:57
Anything requiring a bonus that is not normally active cannot be used until you zone with the bonus active. ie: If you use power armour to achive a high enough skill level to use an item but start not wearing the PA you cannot use the item even if you meet the requirements for it until after you have zoned.

kurai
04-02-04, 20:01
Originally posted by Ehyuko
Anything requiring a bonus that is not normally active cannot be used until you zone with the bonus active. ie: If you use power armour to achive a high enough skill level to use an item but start not wearing the PA you cannot use the item even if you meet the requirements for it until after you have zoned. Umm - that's another thing that's not a change, but a continuation of existing behaviour.

IceStorm
04-02-04, 23:47
Umm - that's another thing that's not a change, but a continuation of existing behaviour.
I think it changed between 194 and 195. Pre-195, if I wanted to use my Obliterator after zoning I had to de-equip my Spy PA3, remove my Recycling glove, then put the glove on and re-equip my armor (the glove brings me to 115 DEX to activate the armor and the armor gives me the rest of the DEX to use Obliterator).

Now, I get a message after zoning saying I can't use the item, but that goes away after about five or so seconds of trying. After that, Obliterator works without a delay in the zone.

kurai
05-02-04, 00:35
Hrmmm.

I've always had it with weapons, and even then it's only a factor on S.I. recovery. Once bonuses are active then they stay useable, without a delay, across zone borders.

It may be that the effect on the stealth tools is new.

(I've never been border line on a given level of stealth tool's INT or DEX req - only TC, whereas some of my guns DEX reqs need active imps/armour to be useable).

Ehyuko
05-02-04, 02:11
that's another thing that's not a change, but a continuation of existing behaviour

This is something new with this latest patch, as I've been doing the same thing for quite some time now and it's only been since the patch I've been unable to use certain items until I've zoned. This has nothing to do with SI, as it includes not being able to use items directly upon logging in. This seriously sucks when you crash in a fight and are not to be able to use your weapon until you zone, although previous to the crash [and patch 196] you could.

Maarten
05-02-04, 12:03
The Holy Parashock Halo has a bigger parashock effect then Holy Paralysis. That's not right...

Stigmata
05-02-04, 12:14
Originally posted by Maarten
The Holy Parashock Halo has a bigger parashock effect then Holy Paralysis. That's not right...

tested this, you are wrong

4 people on saturn tested it

halo, holy halo and beam are all about same

holy para is strongest

Maarten
05-02-04, 13:51
I was PKing yesterday with my PPU. I casted my Holy Para on a lot of different people and I hardly noticed they were running any slower. An enemy PPU comes at me and casts a Holy Parashock Halo and I'm glued to the ground... (ok, a little overreacting but this is how it felt like to me)

Stigmata
05-02-04, 15:09
i tested it in TH with Daigotsu, i am but the conduit and ladyluck

we all thought at first holy halo was more severe, but after about 10 minutes we all agreed that holy paralysis was the strongest

J. Folsom
05-02-04, 16:49
With those kind of odd test results from different people, it seems the parashock effect has become random when it comes to efficience, thus making it so that occasionally one can be more effective then the other.

Do the parashock spells do random damage as well? If they do, take note of how strong the freeze is in comparison to the damage it did, below average damage should mean a below average freeze.
Make sure to test it on someone without energy armour or resist though.

Spex
05-02-04, 17:29
LE'd APU poison barrels himself. The sanctums still don't work with LE (i.e. antipoison sanctum), but even worse is the following fact: The holy antipoison spell didn't work either (PPU has LE, too). Have to check that further (e.g. poison stacks from mobs, non-holy antipoison spell etc.)

Shadow Dancer
06-02-04, 00:58
Holy parashock halo is still way too strong, as a matter of fact I think it's stronger than Holy Para ATM.

Holy Lightning damage has been reduced. Thanny said it was unintentional. O_o

Spex
06-02-04, 01:40
Checked the poison-issue with another LE player and a hazard worm. The PPU can remove his own stacks either with antipoison sanct or the normal antidote spells. Neither of these spells works on other LE-runners though (at least the non-sanctum worked once ...).

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:42
CTRL-ALT-F6 no longer removes the rpos , but if you type
/set ctrl_renderhud 0

you can't get out of it. you can't open your rpos, you cant even exit the game without force quitting

J. Folsom
06-02-04, 13:46
Originally posted by Varaem
CTRL-ALT-F6 no longer removes the rpos , but if you type
/set ctrl_renderhud 0

you can't get out of it. you can't open your rpos, you cant even exit the game without force quitting Pressing enter and typing /set ctrl_renderhud 1 then pressing enter again should get you out of it.

Enter button might be something else on your computer, assuming you changed the key.

Also, you need to press control-alt-F6 lightly, most easily done by holding control and alt, then tapping the F6 button so it stays pressed for the shortest time possible.
Still a pain though.

Varaem
06-02-04, 13:50
thanks, hitting ctrl-alt-f6 lightly worked, but i dont want to even try /set ctrl_renderhud anymore. I know how to get out of it, but it didnt work for me. :(

SypH
06-02-04, 13:50
Ive been getting some graphical glitches since the patch that were never there before. When I'm running anywere I get little "pool ripples" on the ground, even out of water, but they're sort of squares with a rippling graphic in them. Same with any 2d graphic like blood splash from mobs, or smoke from weapons fire. I'll get a screen to show what I mean.

tuxy
07-02-04, 09:36
the bug/exploit where you can spawn soul clusters in a safe zone still isnt fixed

BombShell
07-02-04, 09:46
i think its suppose not to do damage in safezone thay fixed. now that needs testing :)

tuxy
07-02-04, 10:01
Originally posted by BombShell
i think its suppose not to do damage in safezone thay fixed. now that needs testing :)

oh right so it dosnt attack in a safe zone?
if thats the case i guess i can test it with out getting in trouble?

J. Folsom
09-02-04, 20:46
I'm sure CoDi is sick of me posting on every single patch facts thread but...

You still can't disable the HUD while droning!

Shadow Dancer
09-02-04, 20:59
The bug where poison stacks no longer hurt you if you zone, also applies to fire stacks. :(

Maarten
10-02-04, 01:29
Strange Book is still dropping. Only not from high level mobs, but low level instead.

Spoon
10-02-04, 03:08
The Launcher still shows Venus as having one Character slot.