PDA

View Full Version : What hapend betwen KK and CDV

Devils Grace
03-02-04, 15:18
i bought this month the Portuguese Version of B-GAMER, and i was surprised to see that most (or many ) of the new upcoming games, from famous companies, have CDV has their publisher....

I got the magazine at home so im not able to say any names now but i will do it later....

so watching that, clearly says that CDV has a very good reputation on the Market

so knowing of this whta could possibly hapend betwen them, leaving KK without a publisher, and so far as we all know, having very hard negotions to get an arranjement with another publisher (if it is another).

ur toughts ???????

[TgR]KILLER
03-02-04, 15:19
don't even wanna get on that road.. but something dit go wrong.. mayby wrong contact.. or fuck knows.. fact is CDV dit fuck all to bring NC to the market.. hoping the next publisher does

shodanjr_gr
03-02-04, 15:20
Basically CDV did next to no advertising for Neocron at all which resulted in a very low database. So KK decided to break their contract and look for a new publisher for Neocron.

\\Fényx//
03-02-04, 15:20
CDV are shite, go look at their website for a general idea of the game's they publish, its shit like lula3d and other shite that looks like it was made 8 years ago.
Apart from Breed they havent really had any other big name game apart from neocron.
What they did wrong was the fact that as a publisher, they did next to fuck all advertising...

El_MUERkO
03-02-04, 15:22
CDV did very little to advertise, promote or keep Neocron in the public eye.

They changed the artwork of the Neocron cover so it got mentioned in many computer mags as beign both crap and a rip off of the Half-Life covers.

CDV are dicks :p

Devils Grace
03-02-04, 15:22
yea thats the part we all know,

damn luck i dont have the magazine with me

kuz i was so suprised to see they even publish for big american companys, wich suprised knowing they are German

J. Folsom
03-02-04, 15:27
Apart from the mentioned reasons, this didn't help either. (http://www.cdv-neocron.de/english/index0.htm)

Ph34r CDV's Neocron flash.

Rade
03-02-04, 15:28
CDV are fucktard asshats thats what happened.

Devils Grace
03-02-04, 15:29
im goin home now for lunch and im goin to post the games and company names and i bet i will suprise most of u guyz

QuantumDelta
03-02-04, 15:30
Which companies?
What games?

I don't particularly think I'll be buying another CDV Title anytime soon.

The publisher I hate the most is EA :p
They can't do anything right either....which is annoying because they publish all the games that can't possibly go wrong, then mess them up...

J. Folsom
03-02-04, 15:31
You won't surprise me to be honest, they're one of the few large publishers in Europe.

Besides, I have no particular dislike for CDV myself, though I do understand that KK would have a dislike for them.

Original monk
03-02-04, 15:32
Hiya, i yust got no man's land of a friend and its quite fun i must say, for once in a while playin a game. its published by cdv also ..

not saying CDV is good by that: it still sucks

but blaming all that whent wrong in neocron onto CDV isnt correct also ... a publisher is needed to get new customers : NOT to keep the customers they allready had: i think KK made a big mistake here ... lots of people left cause of hassles in the game, for example the hybridnerf and other very big changes that normally should of been changed in beta .. (beta5 rings a bell? -> aiming at beginning of retail). But then again i heard that CDV pushed KK to get neocron ready for retail ... with or witouth bugs or inbalances, as fast as possible...

I dunno if my information is a 100% correct, its been alot of time ago and those wherent official infoz ya see, KK usually doesnt talk alot about cdv, wich is obvious cause they feel fucked by em...

ciao, i hope they found a much better publisher now :)

Cruzbroker
03-02-04, 15:33
What I know is CDV has gave up at least 2 games this winters... for example Sabotain goes to Akella..

Cruzbroker
03-02-04, 15:36
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Which companies?
What games?

I don't particularly think I'll be buying another CDV Title anytime soon.

The publisher I hate the most is EA :p
They can't do anything right either....which is annoying because they publish all the games that can't possibly go wrong, then mess them up...

Total agree.. BF1942, + road to rome ... EA sucks soooo.. and the nhl nba nfl series...

QuantumDelta
03-02-04, 15:40
And what they did to westwood studios (CnC Generals/etc)
And when they were the company that ported FFVII/FFVIII to the PC.

Generals was meant to be released as what Zero Hour was.
Zero Hour = Completed game.
but ZH the EXPANSION PACK is still in beta and therefore the game is still not complete, and it's not even an MMO..............

FFVII Doesn't have a quit button, you have to alt-tab/ctrl-esc and then ctrl-alt-del it, because EA can't do anything right.
FFVIII is not even remotely a decent PC game because it has far too many bugs/graphical problems.

Lord Mansion
03-02-04, 15:41
I wish Viarosso was this crowded:

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/screenshots/images/big/_nc_eplex_center_1.jpg

Egeon
03-02-04, 15:42
Originally posted by Lord Mansion
I wish Viarosso was this crowded:

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/screenshots/images/big/_nc_eplex_center_1.jpg
Better not.
The server would crash :D

Scikar
03-02-04, 15:43
I wondered how long it would take for that video to crop up again. :p

The problem with CDV is they decided right from the start that Neocron was going nowhere, so they put next to no money into it. Not only was there very little advertising, but people simply couldn't buy Neocron anywhere, I bought the very last copy from a nearby games shop, and that was just after retail. Since then, they have never received any more copies. Yet CDV still managed to cause hassle over the downloadable version.

Apart from this screwup with Neocron though, I don't have anything against CDV. They've published, and still publish, some good games, and they don't seem to interfere as much as EA seem to. EA are also my least favourite publisher. :p

Btw Original, if hybrids weren't nerfed, then even more players would have left - the ones who didn't play hybrids qould have quit. The hybrids who quit after the nerfs were the ones who couldn't handle being on a level playing field with everyone else, simple as that. That said, it is true that CDV cannot be blamed for everything wrong with Neocron. Still, it's not only the developers, this community can be very short sighted.

jernau
03-02-04, 15:46
Originally posted by Rade
CDV are fucktard asshats thats what happened.

That about sums it up.

I'd be very surprised to see them publishing anything more interesting or profitable than badly coded ports of games that no-one bought for the Oric, even though it only had 3 games.

Last I heard they were making they were laying off most their workforce and shutting down offices. Good riddance to the tossers.

Lord Mansion
03-02-04, 15:49
None of us know what happened between KK and CDV, nor do I really care. I just hope the new publishing deal will give Neocron the impulse it needs.

Thundra
that flash file by CDV is insulting to us people who use flash for a living lol. just makes the game look so tacky.

anyway just because the games publisher did a shit job dont mean the games shit it just means the advertising and stuff for it was crap so no one hears or cares bout the game. so sayin ya not gonna play anougher game published by CDV doesnt make any sense as they didnt make the game. Altho after neo il have to find out about the game first as im sure u cant trust what CDV say. especially if they make the games look as cheesey as they did this one when its actually good.

oh and yes CDV are shit publishers

MjukisDjur
MJS probably made some comments about CDV:s CEO:s mother while drunk on the release party.... :/

Original monk
03-02-04, 15:54
Originally posted by Scikar
if hybrids weren't nerfed, then even more players would have left - the ones who didn't play hybrids qould have quit. The hybrids who quit after the nerfs were the ones who couldn't handle being on a level playing field with everyone else, simple as that. That said, it is true that CDV cannot be blamed for everything wrong with Neocron. Still, it's not only the developers, this community can be very short sighted.

ok very true: but why did it take so long to get them at the level they are now ?? there still tweaking the stupid hybrids lol, first all the hassles with the kami: and now they yust nerf em to use shitspells ... and thats yust recently he ..

i know the hybrids where a bit over the top in the beginning with no nerf at all ... but then such drastic changes in 1 patch ... thats yust to much lol (whiping out a class in 1 minute), im still not over it :)

about the short sightedness off this community i yust have to knod yes with my head and shut up before i get flamed :) but thats a completely diffrent story :)

ciao all

Thanatos
03-02-04, 15:58
No CDV bashing please, their mega-hit Breed scored 62% in german mag PC Games ;)

/close