PDA

View Full Version : Symp ideas.

MayhemMike
03-02-04, 15:06
I saw what carniflex said about paying someone to fix your symps. This would be a great idea. It make the economy better. You charge like 500k for alot of symp or wut ever. Anyone else have ideas? :O

Load_HeavyLoad
03-02-04, 15:07
pay 1mil to cahnge fac no matter what sympathy you u got mebbe

ZeeTek
03-02-04, 15:09
Pros: Develops the concept of corruption and bribary in nc, better for trade skillers
Cons: You'll get some players that'll have so much cash that they can basically do whatever the hell they want, not a good thing. Making the cost higher will only make the whole thing pointless, missions would be easier as a result.

Original monk
03-02-04, 15:15
ow mayhemmike, are ya back ?

it sure would be a nice moneysink yeah (certainly on saturn), and for the less fortunate (read: poor peeps) you could implement somekind of run so you can gain alot of symphaty instead of doing about 3000 missions or killin a enemyfaction nib 400 times.

i dont have any real idea's about making it easier, yust let us buy symphaty yeah, altough i heard things are gonna change alot concerning factions with the arrival of dOy, so im curieus.

I yust sit back and watch the show :)

ciao

edit:
Originally posted by ZeeTek
Cons: You'll get some players that'll have so much cash that they can basically do whatever the hell they want.

indeed: and thats yust what mayhemmike wants: PK all he like and yust buy back some symp :) and i dont dislike the idea also: cause that way those players get outa money soon + atleast ya have an extra reward in playing alot/making alot of money.

for saturn this would be an ideal moneysink, knowing how much people PK over ther :) + it makes it a LITLLEBIT easier to change factions: cause if a nib wonna chance faction to get to the clan he looks up to he has to go trough to much of a hassle now: the clan could yust pay for he's symp/faction-change and he would be in witouth any probs :)

MayhemMike
03-02-04, 23:04
I have alot of cash, but a mill will sure put a dent in it. So it seems reasonable =D

Scikar
03-02-04, 23:34
I like it. Switching factions takes far too long atm, even if you get someone to make a noob in another faction to kill it can take hours to get +50 symp with your chosed faction, if it took a few million to get from -99 to +50 I'd pay it any day.

Jest
03-02-04, 23:37
Originally posted by Scikar
I like it. Switching factions takes far too long atm, even if you get someone to make a noob in another faction to kill it can take hours to get +50 symp with your chosed faction, if it took a few million to get from -99 to +50 I'd pay it any day. Yah thats pretty decent actually. Money can buy anything after all, and bribing faction leaders to let you in the faction is a good idea.

Opar
03-02-04, 23:40
I like the idea of bribing faction chairman/counsellers.

Maybe a barter could use some persuasive 'bargaining' on NPCs to get a lower cost.

Jest
03-02-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Opar
Maybe a barter could use some persuasive 'bargaining' on NPCs to get a lower cost. Oooo sexeh barter.

Xian
03-02-04, 23:51
I think only barterers should be able to get you into another faction; saying they had special skills in convincing someone who technically thought you were an enemy into letting you into the faction. That is, if you have something like -50 sympathy and aren't switching using missions and paying yourself. :)

Opar
04-02-04, 00:06
Idea.

Barter: Yo (talking to NPC). Man, i got this guy, he wants to join your faction, but, while kicking the SHIT outta some guys neutral to you, hes lost loyalty with you guys. You let him in your faction, and ill give ya a big fat 1 Million smackers.

NPC: I donno man.... its risky buisness

Barter: But think what you could do with 1 million credits man. You could buy that new Hovertec, finish that set of techs for another Holy Lightning. Whaddya say?

NPC: Okay. Deal. But first, the guy gotta prove himself, hes gotta go kill a guy called 'Mr X' are Point Red in sector b07. And bring me this dogtag of some guy he killed earlier. Shouldnt be too hard.

Oh, by the way, whats his name?

(box appears asking for name)

Barter: His name is Bob

NPC: Okay, tell this "Bob" guy to bring me Mr X's dogtag, and hes in. Oh, hand over the cash first though.

Barter: (begins to haggle)

NPC: Okay, for 1.5million, Ill let him in straight away, no strings, no killing needed. Give me 700k, and if he can bring me Mr X's dogtag, then hes in.

Barter: I think hed like the easy option (hands over 1.5mill)

NPC: Ill inform him right away

Barter: Good day

Or something :p