PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Drone is crap

Slick
03-02-04, 15:03
It takes 5 seconds to take off a heal, it has the worst range ever, the only consilation is the speed and handeling of the drone. I mean wow i can fly this drone 2 meters from my body, if im lucky i can stop a vulcher from healing itself. It should take the heal off instantly and leave an effect so the person cant heal for say 10 seconds. The armour on this drone is light also meaning its the worse drone ever.

why introduce a crap drone, complete waste of time. :mad:

XanX
03-02-04, 15:08
Aye, by the time my heal had nearly gone, the stack had finished and taken the heal away, but I was nearly fully healed anyway :/

And its not like the effect stacks :(

Dunno, but not very good imho

Lifewaster
03-02-04, 15:15
Its situational like many things in this game.

Watch as a enemy runs toward his PPU to get a heal.
Snipe him with the raptor just before the PPU starts to cast.

If timing is good, the PPU heal will land a split second before it gets removed by the raptor tick.

Kr3Yc3K
03-02-04, 15:24
that sounds awesome lifewaster... a weapon ( drone ) like this really deserves the status " RARE " and its high requirements............................... NOT

Strych9
03-02-04, 15:45
Wait, I thought the raptor was uber and now we had no more need for PPUs in the game???? :rolleyes:

Slick
03-02-04, 15:51
by the time u try and get ur split second timing my friend ur drone will be a pretty little firework in the sky.

Slick
03-02-04, 16:59
Update: ok the rof isnt that bad 140, the damage is ok as well, i havent tested the armour yet, but the range needs a major boost.

Rieper
03-02-04, 17:05
on pluto we had 3 droners (jinx, brillo and bk right?) and raptor/mosquito/pn... just so you know, they completely pwned all the ppus out there.. moreso than the apus, or my libby pe

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 17:12
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

L0KI
03-02-04, 17:23
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 17:27
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

P4mp3rk3
03-02-04, 17:33
lol at the edits :D

anyway, as Rieper said, I bet a team of droners would kick a lot of ass

Rieper
03-02-04, 17:38
i remember slick doing the same thing to me in a completely off topic thread :p

and as for the team of droners.. fucking yeah, they kicked those ppus ass.. was an awesome fight, much respect to dominion, ss and whoever else we were fighting.. but most respect to the droners.. they will rule the wastelands again!

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 18:09
as i said before in a totally non troll nor flame fashion ... the droner in question isnt using it correctly

Shadow Dancer
03-02-04, 19:31
It should take off shelter not heal.

Birkoff
03-02-04, 19:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

lol...

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 20:03
rofl

Vampire222
03-02-04, 20:06
the other new mosquito drone thing owned mayhemmike too fast for words yesterday, so stfu about the other one not being powerfull enuff, people forget a drones a piece of shit to hit when its far away, and that its like impossible ot find a droner that hid himself well

L0KI
03-02-04, 20:17
The droner "in question" is probably THE BEST droner i have ever seen. He most certainly is using it correctly - thats not even the issue. The Raptor drone doesnt seem to be as good as it was hyped up to be.

Darth Slayer
03-02-04, 20:28
Originally posted by L0KI
The droner "in question" is probably THE BEST droner i have ever seen. He most certainly is using it correctly - thats not even the issue. The Raptor drone doesnt seem to be as good as it was hyped up to be.

Um sorry Rabs I was not using the drone.........:lol:
So he could'nt have been THE BEST droner you have ever seen.....:D
Any chance I can have a blueprint, pretty please......:angel:

Scorpius.

XanX
03-02-04, 21:14
Sorry but your sig denotes our clans main enemy, so no :P

Darth Slayer
03-02-04, 21:34
Originally posted by XanX
Sorry but your sig denotes our clans main enemy, so no :P

:lol: We're to busy to fight u what with kicking and being kicked by TJ.........:p

mehirc
03-02-04, 21:57

Hm why not Intadeath to PPUs? :lol:

The drone is not intended to be the uber PPU pain. Its there for supporting and its ok how it is, why overpower it?

SovKhan
03-02-04, 22:01

HAHAH. how about a drone that takes away the apus ability to use beam spells. hahahha

Shadow Dancer
03-02-04, 22:15
^^ *ignores the spam*

Originally posted by mehirc
Hm why not Intadeath to PPUs? :lol:

Yea just like anti-shelter was insta death for ppus.

:rolleyes:

bounty
03-02-04, 22:42
I think the rapt0r is perfectly balanced, but it is definitely a support drone, it is not meant to pk with. You put a rapt0r on someone especially in a large op war, and have another droner targeting, or any other combat class for that matter, and he will go down very quickly.

NOt meant to be directed towards the poster, but i get really sick of people complaining about a drone without using their imagination a bit. This drone is effective, it just calls for some strategy and communication with others.

Rade
03-02-04, 22:52
Raptor sucks. Yeah well. Here I am to say I told you so.

Rieper
03-02-04, 23:13
our clan has always had the best droners.. morti was and scorp is :)

not a slur on any others tho, its just a fact :p

Rade
03-02-04, 23:16
Originally posted by Rieper
our clan has always had the best droners.. morti was and scorp is :)

not a slur on any others tho, its just a fact :p

Ive never seen anyone that could compete with Gaudhand in The
Gang. He stopped playing what, half a year ago?

Rieper
03-02-04, 23:20
lol, i never knew him :) diff server tho :p

Opar
03-02-04, 23:42
Opar wants a rare HL drone.

:P

Slick
04-02-04, 00:29
no range = no cover = dead droner.

its a simple equation that even people like psyco groupie and rieper should be able to understand.

If you want a comodity for op fights then add a new rare turret. If you want to add a new rare weapon to the rare pool then make it viable to use outside of an opfight.

Rieper
04-02-04, 01:34
Originally posted by Slick
no range = no cover = dead droner.

its a simple equation that even people like psyco groupie and rieper should be able to understand.

If you want a comodity for op fights then add a new rare turret. If you want to add a new rare weapon to the rare pool then make it viable to use outside of an opfight.

lol at you mocking my intelligence. Ignoring the fact that it pwns when defending an op, the place where our droner team destroyed Dominion and SS ppus was us attacking blackhill. Schmuk. Hard evidence > Your whining. I thought your clan motto was stop whine? :lol:

Slick
04-02-04, 16:40
u was obviously fighting noobs or vastly outnumbering ur enemy, as you always do. One particle nemesis and ur whole droner fleet would have been down.

Elric
04-02-04, 18:19
Originally posted by Rade
Ive never seen anyone that could compete with Gaudhand in The
Gang. He stopped playing what, half a year ago?

Ooooh, I remember him, We had many many airborne Drone vs Drone fights. Needless to say, we never had a clear winner, he got as many of mine as I did of his. He was good, but back then, drones were better becuase people still didnt know how to combat them effectively.

Cad
04-02-04, 18:48

If you'd put some thought into it, you'd have said it should remove deflector.

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 19:26
Originally posted by Cad
If you'd put some thought into it, you'd have said it should remove deflector.

Um no, shelter is better IMO.

Rieper
04-02-04, 20:32
Originally posted by Slick
u was obviously fighting noobs or vastly outnumbering ur enemy, as you always do. One particle nemesis and ur whole droner fleet would have been down.

nice assumption but as always you are completely wrong. numbers were equal, the fights were outside the op as well as inside. Try to think before you speak.