PDA

View Full Version : What's in the patch?

Scikar
03-02-04, 13:59
Is this patch just the same as test 197 or is it different? I.e. are the damage boosts being taken out? I'll be disappointed if they are, I think it would have been better to boost any that were left underpowered instead, I liked having fights where people actually died instead of running away, and being able to actually kill a Grim in less than 20 minutes. :(

If it's just test 197 to fix parashock, then w00t!

Original monk
03-02-04, 13:59
yust to say i wonna know also

stay of DB common

Selendor
03-02-04, 14:02
Has anyone seen on the test server whether the parashock nerf has been applied to the whole range (making Holy Para not worth the mana cost/cast time), or just on the abused lower tech level shock spells?

I guess we'll see soon enough.

El_MUERkO
03-02-04, 14:06
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89665

o_O

s0apy
03-02-04, 14:16
1. spiderbots "nerf" - a recent patch increasing spiderbots (and many other creepy crawly type mobs) range, speed and RoF by 500% is proving unpopular with melee users. the increase will be teaked slightly to 450%.

2. a different 10% of rares will be boosted/unboosted just to mess further with your heads.

3. some armour types will cease to provide any protection, which coupled with the further changes to damage boosts, and other undocumented changes, will prove maddeningly hard to figure out.

4. "strange books" will be made less strange and be replaced by "strange magazines". these will also drop in furious abundance and need replacing.

5. the "strange book drop bug" will be fixed, causing all other drops to malfunction.

6. more rares of every kind other than lotech rifles will be added. what? - we wouldn't want to pollute the rare pool with terminator parts too.

7. don't worry, it'll all be sorted out b4 DoY.

ps. just kidding, i'm actually quite optimistic about the patch.

Ultazha
03-02-04, 14:36
- Adding a second slot on Venus Server.

Scikar
03-02-04, 14:55
Originally posted by Ultazha
- Adding a second slot on Venus Server.

That's very interesting. The Pluto community has seemed to be dead set against a second slot, and they prefer to buy extra accounts. It will be interesting to see if opinion changes on Pluto when Venus has a second slot.

[TgR]KILLER
03-02-04, 15:04
second account is better u can log 2 accounts in not 2 ppl on the same server :p

but err on the patch.. whats it about ? just came on the comp wanted to play and then noticed this o_O so still no gaming :'(

anyway.. i hope the TH lifts get fixed.. and money cap pushed up :p

Ultazha
03-02-04, 15:05
The french (forum) community have asked for this since a long time.

Out community does not have the choice between monoslot server and multi slot server as you, german and english speaking people, do have.

So the only solution was to buy extra accounts while you could have extra characters with only one account on DEU and ENG servers.

The GMs of Venus had the explanation of the RP (saying that you have one life in the game, so if you want to change of, you should reroll or changing faction/loom...) but cannot do anything against players who had several accounts.

Many players left to multislotted servers also. So we expect that (as most of them said) they will now come back to Venus.

Yesterday we had 200 online runners, thing that hadn't happened since a looooooooong time.

We are trying to prove that the following formula is true:
NC:BDOY announce + 2nd Slot = More runner on Venus

Original monk
03-02-04, 15:06
Originally posted by Scikar
That's very interesting. The Pluto community has seemed to be dead set against a second slot, and they prefer to buy extra accounts. It will be interesting to see if opinion changes on Pluto when Venus has a second slot.

i tought he was kidding, but if it is true then i also want an extra slot on saturn :P

hehe, 5 slotted server :)

i like the secret chars on pluto lol, so funny, i got some secret chars on saturn also: pretty amusing to level and team up with the people that normally hate you :) bring a whole new meaning to leveling up a spy :)

j0rz
03-02-04, 15:22
Kewl 20% more dmg from my cs sweet all i need now is a rezz from mc5 and im sorted :)

*winks* @ yuri

QuantumDelta
03-02-04, 15:23
Originally posted by Ultazha
The french (forum) community have asked for this since a long time.

Out community does not have the choice between monoslot server and multi slot server as you, german and english speaking people, do have.

So the only solution was to buy extra accounts while you could have extra characters with only one account on DEU and ENG servers.

The GMs of Venus had the explanation of the RP (saying that you have one life in the game, so if you want to change of, you should reroll or changing faction/loom...) but cannot do anything against players who had several accounts.

Many players left to multislotted servers also. So we expect that (as most of them said) they will now come back to Venus.

Yesterday we had 200 online runners, thing that hadn't happened since a looooooooong time.

We are trying to prove that the following formula is true:
NC:BDOY announce + 2nd Slot = More runner on Venus

As far as I am aware there is no rule against the French users playing on Uranus or Saturn, infact, a I know a fair few Uranus French players moved over to Venus when it first opened...humm
oh well :p

nonamebrandeggs
03-02-04, 15:24
Unboost the rares that weren't meant to be boosted should be top priority TBH..

BramTops
03-02-04, 15:29
Here are ya patch-notes... Enjoy

- Lowered stealth T-C reqs to 80/90/95/100 TC.
- Changed monk PA penalty from -15/20/25/30 (PA1/2/3/4) Athletics to -10/15/20/25 Agility.
- Removed T-C requirement from Speedgatlin.
- Reduced Slasher damage.
- Removed "Strange Book" since the drop is broken.
- There may be more than one instance of the Client.exe again. If a second client.exe is launched, a warning box will be displayed.
- Parashock effects should really be reduced now.
- When "using" your own backpack, its contents will be automatically transfered into your inventory.
- Increased OZ8 guards combat strength

Egeon
03-02-04, 15:34
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Unboost the rares that weren't meant to be boosted should be top priority TBH..
Agree. Most annoying in NF atm.

Ultazha
03-02-04, 16:01
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
As far as I am aware there is no rule against the French users playing on Uranus or Saturn, infact, a I know a fair few Uranus French players moved over to Venus when it first opened...humm
oh well :p

No rules but a little: ENG, DEU, FRA tag in front of server name.

We have german and english people on venus too.

What would you say if you wanted to play on a multislot server and that this one was in Japanese based language ?...

Taht's what we're living. Of course english is easiest to speak but if we could have a server based on our own language and with a multislot, that would be perfect.

Tonight it will be for many of us :)

Nidhogg
03-02-04, 16:09
Use the patch discussion thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89684). Thanks.

N