PDA

View Full Version : [brainport] anti-vehicle rocket launchers

Rade
03-02-04, 05:41
Was looking at the reqs for these, how about lowering the TL for
the mid-level one from 64 to 60 so that the PEs can use them?
Still wont cap damage and stuff so it wont take away from the
anti-tank role which I know all genetanks out there has become
to love so much :rolleyes: just seem silly that as it is now this
weapon will _never ever_ be used, but if decreased just a few
TLs we might see people dragging it around for good measure.
im pretty sure that it wont overpower anything and it fits in
pretty well with the joat label everyone wants to put on PEs dont
you think?

Keiron
03-02-04, 05:46
Sorry but no. I don't like the anti-vehicle launchers to begin with. That absolutely EAT thru vehicles (way faster then a Moonie does). I would like to see them completely removed/heavly lowered in damage (2 gen-tanks with them can take out a rhino before it kills them).
However, if they were nerfed back, I woudn't be opposed to seeing PE's with them.

Psyco Groupie
03-02-04, 05:47
perfectly exceptable imo, yeah.

Cytaur
03-02-04, 06:22
it's too heavy for you whimp

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 06:26
a HC PE can get 81 str with just imps (enough for TPW + TGC/TSG)
besides which pistol/rifle PE is gonna gimp his transport skill and
carry around a heavy rocket launcher and ammo :\
(sorry rade :p)

KramerTheWeird
03-02-04, 08:35
Yes it's easy for a fully dedicated h-c PE but that isn't the point. He wants the first two availble for a PE, or at least one with a moveon. This seems acceptable.

El Barto
03-02-04, 10:28
The dmg they do is fine, get a good driver and its very hard/impossable to hit a car.

Archeus
03-02-04, 10:56
Originally posted by El Barto
The dmg they do is fine, get a good driver and its very hard/impossable to hit a car.

Exactly, and they should leave it for Tanks only. Tanks need a role in Op wars too you know :p

just seem silly that as it is now this
weapon will _never ever_ be used,

Erm, don't know about you but nearly all the decent op fighters bring this along if there is a rhino there. DARK are actually getting a bit better at aiming too.

Dissenter
03-02-04, 12:02
I don't see why the hell they made a whole new weapon when they could just've put in a new ammo type and ammo mod.

That way, if you were really sadistic, you could get an anti-vehicle MoonStriker :eek:

Archeus
03-02-04, 12:10
The reason was to make the Rhino viable without being immortal. Before they were souped up (the cars) the rhino was like tissue paper. It wasn't worth bringing into battle.

Now with a constructed weapon you need only 4 direct hits to blow up the Rhino. This means the rhino can't be used Solo in an op war, and means that you need a class at the op war to deal with it.

PE's are not JOAT. they are JOATAMON (And master of none). So should get a broad range or items but shouldn't get the best of everything.

Rade
03-02-04, 21:59
Archeus, are you even reading the posts? Im suggesting that the
MID-LEVEL AV rocketlauncher should be available to PEs, not the
highest level which the tanks use. Fits right into your joatamon
concept.

Originally posted by Archeus
Erm, don't know about you but nearly all the decent op fighters bring this along if there is a rhino there.

Im talking about the TL64 AV launcher, which will never be used
atm, only the highest level one will. And considering that a
pistol/rifle PE will probablư have minuses to H-C the damage and
frequence will be shit anyway, its not like this will be a threat to
your precious tank armor so dont be so selfish and think for a bit.

I remember when the AV launchers were pistols on the test
server. Everyone seemed to think that was balanced and cool
and gave PEs a reason to come to OP wars. Then they were
changed to H-C and now suddenly PEs shouldnt even be able to
get a mid-level version of it? ffs

Shadow Dancer
04-02-04, 11:01
Um I dunno Rade, i'm "iffy" on anti-vhc weapons in the first place.

I attacked a trike with like 20 HLs and barely scratched it. My clannie popped it in like 4 blasts of his anti-vhc weapon.

With repair costs the way they are, doesn't that strike anyone as a bit too powerful?

:confused:

amfest
04-02-04, 11:12
yea I personally think anti-vhc weapons shoudl have really high TC requirments . . . people have to throw in points for driving these vehicles ... I think if you want to destroy them you should have to specilize for them also. maybe tone down the dmg?

angelsenior
04-02-04, 11:44
the anti-vehicle weapons are just that,
they are supposed to do damage to vehicles WAY faster than any other weapon in the game.
The other (normal) weapons are more anti-personnel orientated so they are good vs runners but not vs vehicles.

It makes vehicles stronger as not just any weapon can destroy them and it should make runners carrying anti-vehicle launchers a prime target if your side is using vehicles (runners on foot deal with the enemy anti-vehicle runner, thus 'protecting' their friendly vehicles, while the vehicles deal with the rest.
For this, off course, these weapons should be recognizable on the battlefield.

I do think the reqs on these are good as is, PE's can use the lower level, thats enough for PE's.

I understand that the mid-level will indeed be unused as PE use lower lvl and Tanks Higher-level, but it does give non-capped tanks another step-up from the lower level (just as all weapons in this game come in several levels).

Scikar
04-02-04, 11:47
I'd prefer tanks kept their AV role in OP wars. Tanks have few enough roles as it is. Sure, PEs aren't exactly the most useful OP fight class but stealth some monk roles, not Tank roles. :p

The fact that they will not be used is irrelevant. I keep saying regular antibuff/heal/shield/deflector should be usable by hybrids but that doesn't get much attention either.