PDA

View Full Version : hacknet?

Trip
02-02-04, 22:51
Hacknet looks so bloody cool. I dont doubt that. Sounds like a cool idea too. But there is a bit of a problem i'm seeing...

is the only reward gaining access to another GR?

Tbh if that is it then its a bit...bad. A spy with a 30 second stealth would be able to infiltrate NC pretty good...heck i'm TT and i've done about everywhere you can with a 30 second stealth incl TH and TG.
Unless gaining access to opposition center quickly actually holds its advantages. Like knowing supply convoys times or assault times, deployments etc. Just getting somewhere doesn't seem that...interesting
Stuff like getting vendor items like Crytons is exclusive to NC that would be a bit cool. But with some further imagination could be overcome.

Saza
02-02-04, 23:02
Trip, you can ATTACK people through hacknet. Attack them and... send electric shocks and people will suddenly see them jolt about and disapear with only smoking boots left standing at the GR. Apart from that, no clue mate.

But think... itll be spy-o-cron. You can kill a runner in TG from the safety of your aparment, and he wont know its you.... spy-o-cron..... oh yeah... my god thats so sexy...... :D

QuantumDelta
02-02-04, 23:16
Originally posted by Saza
Trip, you can ATTACK people through hacknet. Attack them and... send electric shocks and people will suddenly see them jolt about and disapear with only smoking boots left standing at the GR. Apart from that, no clue mate.

But think... itll be spy-o-cron. You can kill a runner in TG from the safety of your aparment, and he wont know its you.... spy-o-cron..... oh yeah... my god thats so sexy...... :D

..........................I don't think trip is quite that stupid :p

L0KI
02-02-04, 23:28
Hacknet will be a world within a world - Im sure there will be a PvP aspect to it, and im sure that for a short amount of time, it will be SPYOCRON! :D

If they play this right, hacknet could potentially allow the spy (hacker) to warp an entire team to another area?

As OP UGs are now locked out, perhaps hacknet could also disable this lock?

Hacknet has endless amounts of potential - Lets just hope it fulfils it to the max.

t0tt3
02-02-04, 23:36
Will the hacknet be spy only ? O_o

Monks have 100 int to :p

Kal
02-02-04, 23:56
oh no.......

your not getting a monk'o'cron 2 lol

Logan_storm_03
03-02-04, 00:04
lol, i think it will add a new dimention to the game, but what hack skill are we talking abouto_O ?

t0tt3
03-02-04, 00:05
Originally posted by Kal
oh no.......

your not getting a monk'o'cron 2 lol

lower our int to 90 and give us more con :D
hey lower 5 dex to why should I exp that shit with missions only or 0.001% REC exp O_o

yay give us 10 more CON and 5 more STR and let hacknet be spy only :p

Think Shad gonna be happy when he sees spy'o'cron ;)

Beanie McChimp
03-02-04, 00:42
Originally posted by Saza

Lmao spastic attacks like in an OP war ure enemys just jiggle around on the floor lol.

2004 Year of the spy.

Sundiver
03-02-04, 00:51
*Runs off to watch Ghost in the shell again*

VashTS
03-02-04, 01:09
Originally posted by t0tt3
let hacknet be spy only :p

That would be sad though, what would a PE with 100 hack like me do then?

Lestard
03-02-04, 01:12
HACK the Planet ROFL

Marx
03-02-04, 01:21
Originally posted by Lestard
HACK the Planet ROFL

http://dirtynuke.net/hackers-30.jpg

http://dirtynuke.net/main-joey-c.gif

"That's joey, he thinks he's 1337."

Lestard
03-02-04, 01:38
lol thats it =)

Trip
03-02-04, 02:21
..........................I don't think trip is quite that stupid

i'm not?
oh yeah i'm not.

What i'm hoping is that electrical stuff is linked in with hacknet so things like OP turrets or turning GRs offline. Better yet switch a GR to how OP settings are.

P.S. PEs hacking? lay off. Leave the daddy stuff to us spies. you piddly PEs go play with your psi ressurections. It's like saying "I hope HC weaps aren't class restricted. Would be crap for us spies with 40 STR"

sanityislost
03-02-04, 02:27
lol some how i dont think they are gona lower anyones stats, but the could make these hacknet tools spy only. tho there again wtf do i know lol

VashTS
03-02-04, 19:39
whats the problem with a PE using hacknet? Look, as I said, I'm a PE, can't wait for hacknet, so I'm building up my hack (should have about 113 hacking base by the time i cap int). And whats wrong with a private eye in hacknet, it sort of makes sense (a tank or psi monk i can understand not being in hacknet) but a PE might hack in order to get some sort of information. Now I realize it would be the spys who can potentially be the truely powerful ones in hacknet due to the higher int, and that makes me sad....

Rade
03-02-04, 19:42
For starters: I asked the same question when hacknet was first
showed off and someone at KK, thanny I think but might have
been MJS, said that there would be ALOT more features tied to
HackNet than simply travelling.

Second, its been said that HackNet will be based around Int and
Dex, so I think both monks and PEs will be decent users of
hacknet, but gimpy compared to spies. Depending on setups of
course.

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 19:51
i guarentee most spies who wanto use hacknet will switch to pistols is they are rifles because of the lower weap lore req. which sucks, no more 200 weap lore =(

Leebzie
03-02-04, 20:02
I just get this horrible picture from this thread that someone who isnt even remotely using hacknet, I.E is just wandering about the wastes, or in thier apt, could be shocked or even killed by those in hacknet.

Do please someone, tell me this isnt the case, and im just going mad.

Zanathos
03-02-04, 20:23
You have to actually be in the hack net world to be affected by people in there.

And btw, my PE has 121 hacking (116 without spy 1) so he better be able to enter hacknet.

Opar
03-02-04, 23:38
If hackNET is all its cracked up to be, it could be one of the features that sets Neocron apart from other games. Everyone likes a distinguishing feature in a game.

Rade
03-02-04, 23:41
mm. System Shock 1 times 100. omfg hax how ubar. Im LoMing
the rest of my weapon lore into hacking when this hits retail
unless PEs are completely useless in hacknet, then I guess Ill
have to roll a spy :/