PDA

View Full Version : Turf Wars!!!

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 20:00
Garrr! I like violence. This is my crazy PP idea, please post comments, I'm bored at work and have to post my crazy ideas.

-Adjust the Pepper Park sections to make them less like a big strait like and more like a big chunk of land.
-Tweak PP guards way the hell down and make them much less powerful.
-Keep 2 sections for the HQs of Tsunami and BD, respectively. We don't care too much about crahn because they're moving to DOY for sure.
-Add a few new sectors to Pepper Park, with "resources" like clubs, entertainment stuff, and shops. Make a viable way for these new sectors to be captured by the criminal factions...not by clans, but by the factions themselves!
-Give bonuses to capturing certain sections. Lower prices for the controlling faction and its allies, that sort of thing.
-When one faction controls an area, spawn appropriate things into the zone. Have guards (not 120/120) do patrols through the zone. Have rival guards spawn at hostile zone lines and patrol as well, and get into fights if they run into the hostile patrol. Spawn NPCs that will walk around and give things more flavor. If BD controls the area, spawn drug dealers. If Tsunami controls it, spawn pimps.
-Have prostitues that sell "services" to give short term buffs of some kind...just because it's funny.
-Have those holo posters all over the place, and when one gang controls the area, display their logo on them.
-Give Faction specific npc's little speach blurbs they can spit out every so often.
-Spawn unaligned criminals like muggers who'll try to kill you. Feel free to blow them away because you won't loose soulight or faction sympathy.
-Include 2 new emotes for people to use: Drug stupor and Pimp walk!!! Drug stupor makes you look like you're all dizzy and confused. Pimp walk lets you take a few steps....pimp walking. Pimp walking is teh roxxor.
-Have the afformentioned pimps in tsunami areas approach the afformentioned prostitutes and ask where the money is?

Obviously those last few are meant for amusment but would be cool, but I'd love to fight over sections of the city against my BD rivals and actually walk away with more than bragging rights :)

Logan_storm_03
02-02-04, 20:42
i love it, thats all i can say;)

ezza
02-02-04, 20:56
ive so wantedthe rivalries between BD and TS to happen on the streets of Pepper park, but sadly on saturn at least tsunami aint up for fighting it seems.

black dragon you have to big clans in -=Cartel=- and Blood Titans, and there is a smaller clan called Unforgiven too.

but tsunami only clan they have(that i can remember) is Jade Tigers, now dunno if any of them post on here to give there side of whats what, but they aint up to much

a while back there were 2 clans -PP- and LoD, sadly both(more so with LoD cos they had some good players)disappeared.

i hope on saturn TS get going and can provide great gang wars, be very cool imo.

as long as it doesnt boil down to the usual who has the most ppus type crap.

maybe on pluto this is closer to happening, as you have P.I.M.P. and a number of BD clans, so maybe street fights go down on that server.

know what id like even more ontop of that;

a ca clan that is prepared to come into PP and remove the scum elements from the streets of PP.

but atm CA dont have the spine to come into PP in force(attempt at provocation ;) )
and TS aint got the quality runners imo

Rade
02-02-04, 21:00
Simple fix that would do this and Ive posted it on brainport over
and over - make the PP areas into OPs. Not outposts per se but
just add a hackable terminal and let people take it over, you can
bet your ass youll see gang wars in there then...

Judge
02-02-04, 21:04
All very nice ideas :)

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 22:10
The DOY features list said something about letting you wear hats and so forth...how about a whole pimp outfit? Sorry I'm being silly....or am I?

DestructionUK
02-02-04, 22:37
as long as theirs an opening for pro CA factions and not just BD and TS, then yea top stuff :) :p

Vryce
02-02-04, 22:43
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
The DOY features list said something about letting you wear hats and so forth...how about a whole pimp outfit? Sorry I'm being silly....or am I?

Yeah, you are... :lol:
Although, a guard dressed as a pimp making the rounds might be cool.

I like the idea tho, PP2 & 3 get a bit boring sometimes. Other than teasing the BD guards, my TS spy can only hassle CA types who wander down...

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 22:47
Seriously whos the wanker who said no and why is this a bad idea? Honstly ive wanted this since ive beome bd. Where fighting a turd war when guards are continualy spawned in the same spot and theres almost no way to control the area aside randomly pking anyone who walks by.

I dont know about letting all factions in on the action I think they should have there own additions...

People can take out bountys on people through the citycom and city mercs can take them etc..

Maybe a way to let city admin in on the bd ts wars since they would like to flush them out of pp but makes no sense for next to try to take over the pussy club :confused:

joran420
02-02-04, 22:50
I think thats what they are gonna do with TH and TG...I think they will be like Control zone that will be fought over between DOY and NC(not individual clans) and when DOY owns TH(and/or TG) all DOY citizens will get some kind of bonus.

but yeah cool idea

Logan_storm_03
02-02-04, 23:25
ive so wantedthe rivalries between BD and TS to happen on the streets of Pepper park, but sadly on saturn at least tsunami aint up for fighting it seems.

Hey im in JADE TIGERS and our side seems fine, although we have few members and growing quite rapidly,we are still powerful anough, and who said TS arn't up for fighting, I have noticed a huge increase in faction members since at december there were only 2 or 3 faction members online at one time, o_O now you can bump into Tsunami in every sector in the city:p , so im saying our Faction is being resurected and should soon take its rightful space as owner of the PP once again and teach those Black Dragon scum a lesson they will never forget:D

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 23:30
I tried to think of ways to incorporate other factions because I didn't want anyone to feel left out :) The actual control will be between the criminal factions, however. As for having cityadmin raiding, I think that's a great idea but I don't know how to incorporate that.

Judge
02-02-04, 23:39
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Where fighting a turd war when guards are continualy spawned in the same spot and theres almost no way to control the area aside randomly pking anyone who walks by.

hehehe Turd war..... sorry couldn't stop myself :(

Anyway I am completely behind this idea... I did post a rather massive idea which was something along the lines of this but quite alot more complicated so not many people bothered to read the whole damn thing :(

Logan_storm_03
02-02-04, 23:40
if the CA capture the "OPs" the could become "neutral" or sumin so they are benifical to all City factions or something spawning low lvl CA guards who try to keep the pepper park more friendly for all the family

Beanie McChimp
03-02-04, 00:40
-New PA P.I.M.P suit lol. +20 libido No drug flash tsunami and BD only.