PDA

View Full Version : Next Reveller

zii
02-02-04, 19:11
Whats the weapon range and damage like on this Epic vechicle?

Anyone?

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 19:16
Crap and Crap if I remember.

I think it is 20mm ammo ?

Tickles
02-02-04, 19:17
No its pretty damn gd actually. U can take WBs down in bout 20 secs i think bt dont hold me on that....

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Tickles
No its pretty damn gd actually. U can take WBs down in bout 20 secs i think bt dont hold me on that....

LOL - not last time I checked u couldn't

The only decent one I have found u can take a WB down with is the Heavy Trike,

But, I haven't tried a Reveller for a while, so unless it got a boost... meh!

J. Folsom
02-02-04, 19:22
I'm guessing it's range and damage are roughly the same as the chaincraft (Which also looks the same :p), apart from that it has the bonus of being cheap to fix.

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 19:31
and has a lot more armor..

zii
02-02-04, 19:35
Well, is it worth me lomming some Tank dex subskills into VHC?

I was thinking of driving it near a warby and swapping positions to gunner away.

Archeus
02-02-04, 21:19
Has good armor, but then you can't heal while gunning and without a driver your a sitting target with 0 protection. Driver/passenger have limited protection too.

Rhino on the other hand soaks damage (actually Rev is close to a Rhino) and 100 protection. Throw a little bit of repair skill and bring nanites and you can stay out for ages.

It's only really good as a throwaway craft if you know its going to get blown up when you leave it. Once cash income is ok Hovertech/Wheeler are faster and Rhino is better all round in the other areas.

KramerTheWeird
02-02-04, 21:23
I think with many vehicles that don't provide full protection they at least absorb some of the damage dealt to you. I know for sure the trike really helps, I can tank on a grim and terror leapers/raptors without changing setup or running to heal. Even a hovertec absorbs damage.

The gun you tested on the reveler, well the more h-c you have the more damage it deals. That's why a Tank in the gunner seat will always be the best choice. A scorpion trike machine gun dealt 39x4 damage to a grim chaser with a tank in it, so I'm sure the Reveler MG is more powerful.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 21:32
I haven't really used mine that much, except to drive around and hang out. I got it just because it's an epic, and I must complete every epic....because.

n3m
02-02-04, 21:40
Originally posted by zii
Well, is it worth me lomming some Tank dex subskills into VHC?

I was thinking of driving it near a warby and swapping positions to gunner away.
Yes a tank was doing that at Battle Dome, while I was trying hard to stay alive and kill them as an APU with med kits. how fun that was.

Whitestuff
02-02-04, 22:07
Has a bit better damage than the Chaincraft. It climbs nearly verticle surfaces, its armor is insane and it costs nearly nothing to fix. Last time I drove mine out it dealt 175x4 (or more) to a WB and dropped it in about 15-20 seconds, but I did get hit. But it was nothing like going toe to toe with it either.

As for it doing crap DMG? All vhc's got a boost, and they look really good to me. But KK has stated that only the rhino is where they want it to be, everything else they want to tweak some more.

But yeah NExT epic is a good vehicle, in fact I have switched to NExT 3 times to get them, so they aren't bad at all. Rhino = better, yes, but to gimp ur tank to drive it, nah. By gimp I mean he can't participate in PvP without changing his imps around, unless he drives up in the Rhino and blows some ppl away (which also works really well :) ).

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 22:12
I wish I could take my reveler through pepper park and pick up women.

"Hey baby, wanna hop in the gunner's seat and kill some warbots?"
"OMG you ran over 3 bums and ripped a hole through the concrete next to the zone line to get that thing in here!"

Whitestuff
02-02-04, 22:16
Yeah, I wanted VHC's in the city when I played Beta 4, but sadly it just is not designed for it. Remember, they didn't have VHCs when Neo was built, so I guess it makes sense.... erm yeah.

Nash_Brigham
02-02-04, 22:23
I find th reveller is helpful in transportin me and my friend around. I helluvalot faster than running to where we need to go :wtf:

Archeus
02-02-04, 22:39
There was a GM one time driving around on a hovertec in Plaza I.

Hippieman
02-02-04, 22:53
The NEXT epic car would be my warbie huntin weapon of choice. Takes warbies down quick and the ammo is around TL 30 so its pretty clonable from the junk loot. Have a tank that can hack and you can huntin nearly forever. Just gotta remember to heal sometimes and once in a while stop my a Vehecile Depot to repair the thing for a maximum of 13 credits. Only thing where it wouldnt kick ass is races in flat areas and pure firepower in say a OP war or something.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 23:31
The requirements to drive it for what it does are also pretty low, another nice bonus.

Xylaz
03-02-04, 11:05
with a capped tank as a gunner reveeler does around 150 dmg to warbot thus allowing killing him in 10 secs approx.

Nash_Brigham
03-02-04, 13:13
Originally posted by Xylaz
with a capped tank as a gunner reveeler does around 150 dmg to warbot thus allowing killing him in 10 secs approx. Yep. Was watching a tank on my reveller today hit for about 137 points a hit. Nice damage for my car :D

cRazy2003
03-02-04, 18:03
revellers can take down a wb in 20 seconds easy, can do about 150 dam per shot to a wbt, thats 450 dam per burst