PDA

View Full Version : Removal of faction guards

YoDa-UK
02-02-04, 18:22
Make your voice heard, should we have a sensible limit on faction guards around the entire world of neocron or are we going to become lazy runners and let NPC's do our work for us and hide behind the guards.

IMHO i think that only faction HQ's should have faction guards, with BDOY coming and no safezones in the cities we don't need this kind of problem.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 18:28
I voted yes, but I wish you'd included a third option. Certainly, places like PP1 are overboard, but the odd patrolling security guard (as long as they aren't 120/120) can be kind of fun. Honestly, I'd enjoy having rival faction guards patrol the same zone and have them fight each other when they run into their counterparts, could add some flavor to some spots.

In some other spots I'm not too concerned with the guards standing just outside their HQ to guard it, I think that's pretty sensible.

ezza
02-02-04, 18:29
if you had said remove ALL guards then ya, but as you wanted the faction guards kept, i aint voting so putting my opinion here

YoDa-UK
02-02-04, 18:34
well tbh ezza you do need some sort of security in the faction hq's, but the way the whole place is now is stupid, you walk into PP and there are TS guards all over, you walk into plaza 1 and CA guards are all over, you walk into TG or TH or even MB now and there are guards all over the place, tbh i don't see why.

ezza
02-02-04, 18:41
i think the factions runners should defend, but anyway im just saying what i think and the way i see it

Carinth
02-02-04, 20:38
Expecting runners to be the sole defense is the same as expecting a clan to defend an op 24/7. Certain areas should be more threatening based on your alignments. The Two Guards in Typherra are enough to make me dread runnin through plaza 1 to get to my apartments. Would I fear two Tsunami Guards? Nope, not at all. Ca and Crahn have the most fearsome guards I've seen so far. Is that bad? Noway, it makes me think twice about going into areas controlled by these factions. To actualy fear for my life is a good thing.

People's objection to the Tsunami Guards is not that they fear them, noone fears them anymore then copbots were feared. Either could and did kill you if you fought infront of them for too long. So rather then something to fear, they're an annoyance. Maybe they should be made as strong as the Ca Guards eh? Give them decent range like the Ca guards. If you are hostile to Tsunami then you should not casualy stroll through pepper 1. I can't do that in plaza 1, so why should you? IMO All guards should be equally strong. None of this faction biased crap. Even worse then Tsunami are Biotech/Diamond guards. They're realy pathetic, so noone will fear going in and terrorizing runners of that faction.

Plaza 1: Ca Hostile will be shot dead if they stay longer then a few seconds in 3/4 of the zone.

Pepper 1: Tsunami Hostile will be killed if they stay near a tsunami guard for longer then a few seconds.

People will realize how silly this discussion is when they finnaly remove safe zones. When Ca hostiles try to fight in plaza, they'll realize the Tsunami guards were nothing.

*protests for guard equality*

ezza
02-02-04, 20:48
well i aint ever expecting it to happen im just saying

Rade
02-02-04, 20:52
I like the concept of faction guards, I just want LESS of them.

g0rt
02-02-04, 20:55
ya faction guards should just be by the HQ.

like look via3. i dont see BIOTECH OWNING VIA ROSSO 3. it isn't THIER sector, its just A sector that thier HQ happens to be in. so the entire sector isnt DRAIPED in biotech guards.

i don't see why pp1/pp2/pp3 should be ANY different. some tsunami guards outside the HQ and *maybe* the clubs, but thats it, its otherwise just carebear trash. same goes with pp2

cRazy2003
02-02-04, 20:57
completely agree

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 21:03
Anyone stop for 1 second to think that this may all have something to do with the story line?

For those that are now finding the game harder to play because of the guards, change faction - or find another way round - either way, stop whining :rolleyes:

g0rt
02-02-04, 21:06
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Anyone stop for 1 second to think that this may all have something to do with the story line?

For those that are now finding the game harder to play because of the guards, change faction - or find another way round - either way, stop whining :rolleyes:

Sorry i never read in the storyline where it says OMG TSUNAMI BUILT PP1 WITH THIER OWN HANDS AND NOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE 50 FACTION GUARDS AROUND EVERY CORNER, SO CM AND TG CAN SIT THERE AND PUNCH THEM WHEN A BD WALKS BY!

if thats what the storyline says, its one fucked up storyline that needs a change right now

if the storyline said omg atomic bomb dropped on neocron and it dissintegrated every apartment and gogo and no one had any items left, would this still be something you would encourage in-game? just because its part of the storyline doesn't mean SHIT, if it makes the game unenjoyable for people it should be left out of hte game.

Carinth
02-02-04, 21:31
Originally posted by g0rt
Sorry i never read in the storyline where it says OMG TSUNAMI BUILT PP1 WITH THIER OWN HANDS AND NOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE 50 FACTION GUARDS AROUND EVERY CORNER, SO CM AND TG CAN SIT THERE AND PUNCH THEM WHEN A BD WALKS BY!

if thats what the storyline says, its one fucked up storyline that needs a change right now

if the storyline said omg atomic bomb dropped on neocron and it dissintegrated every apartment and gogo and no one had any items left, would this still be something you would encourage in-game? just because its part of the storyline doesn't mean SHIT, if it makes the game unenjoyable for people it should be left out of hte game.

Sorry dude, but Tsunami did actualy create pepper park. All three zones make up the red light district, which exists because of our establishments. If you take Tsunami out, then it's just like outzone. Some abandoned buildings, plus a few hotspots for bd and crahn. Tsunami is the provider of exotic entertainment. Black Dragon have been steadily pushing their way into pepper park, since they're our long time rivals. Contrary to what many of them will say, Tsunami is the dominant power in pepper park. The bd's may have tricks up their sleeves and may be gaining power to counter ours (oz jail), but we own pepper park. Crahn has even less of a foothold in pepper. They're only here because CityAdmin wouldn't let them anywhere nearer to the main city. The neocronicles and nema's keep mentioning how it's Tsunami's responsibility to police Pepper and keep the peace more or less. When too much visible violence breaks out, we're under pressure from CityAdmin to calm things down. If we don't they will use it as an excuse to move in and tak over. As for plaza and viarossa, technicly city admin controls all of it. They are enforced safe areas.

This makes it really tricky to define a home area for each faction. That I can recall though, each zone only has one faction headquarters at most right? Though it doesn't agree with the storyline, this gives an easy way to define ownership.

Tsunami: Pepper 1
Black Dragon: Pepper 2
Crahn: ? Pepper 3 or Outzone not sure
Diamond: Plaza 3
Protopharma: Plaza 2
City Admin: Plaza 1
Next: Plaza 4
Biotech: Viarossa 1
Tangent: Viarossa 2

Thats it I believe, Via3 has npcd hq but they're not a faction. It's not unreasonable to expect each faction to have a sphere of influence extending out from their hq. I agree with pk that the guards should be placed better. They should be enforcing a safe area extending out from the Headquarters. Not camping zone exits or random unimportant places. The TS Guard at the Snack Bar is a perfect example. I sure am glad our candy is in safe hands ; )

g0rt
02-02-04, 21:35
All I ask is no stupid guard placements.

Right beside zonelines that everyone LAGS through and at a GR are stupid, stupid places.

Trip
02-02-04, 22:34
I reckon with an outright war coming up it should be a bit more tactical. Human guards should be moving. What a crap arse job would standing in one spot be? I reckon we should make guards absoloutely uber. But hold on for a sec though before you guys flame me. I reckon in the sectors in which the faction HQ is there should be patrols of faction guards. E.g. Plaza 1 you'd see CA guys "walking" around P1 KOSing everyone they dont like. But leave gaps in the system. so for like a 10 second window people could GR into typherra memorial but so long as they duck for cover. There should be safe spots here and there too of course. E.g. the upper levels of the elevators.
Also drop maybe 1 in the adjacent sectors of that faction so in p4, 3 and 2 there would be 1 guard in each walking about.
Faction HQs themselves should have quite the number of Faction guards though. Turrets more tho. TT has the faction guard thing pretty well. CM doesn't though since they just hang around in groups of 50.

Rade
03-02-04, 02:18
Well, I still think faction guards are a really nice concept but the
amount is just getting fucking stupid. What are TG guards doing
all over canyon for example? The pre-patch amount of guards in
pp1 would have been fine with the now decreased power but
noo, they had to tripple the amount of guards, whats the point of
decreasing their power then o_O :confused:

Also with their new behaviour they are more annoying than
anything, in any given fight you have three guards crawling
around in front of you, they dont add anything to the fight they
just look stupid and make the fight itself boring as fuck, and then
someone shoots a guard by accident and some random people
gets smoked. I hate winning that way as much as losing, its
just... BORING. I remember Tycho-C or someone looking at me
and some other people fighting in PP1 and apparently noticing
how much those guards removed from our fun and contributing
nothing, after 5 mins of fighting he walked up and said
something like "Is it just me, or is this guard thing just stupid?",
that pretty much sums it up.

And not to mention the old punching exploit, especially when
people arent even trying to fight, just run into pp1, punch a
guard and run out again. And when its a PPU doing this, coupled
with parashock and db, the fun level drops to somewhere
between a dentist apointment and SARS.

BombShell
03-02-04, 02:41
funny thing is i usally fight sometimes like 10 cm or TG at a time in PP because all thay do is camp their now.

even witht his amount of peeps i can still hurt them abd kill 1-2 maybe 3 before i can zone for a heal. maybe zone hugging but look at the numbers am fighting. all is ee is thay are taking refuge behind guards at one of the most pked areas in game.

and some times when its a a small battle like 1v1. its stupid because one of us will hit a guard becuse thay get in ur face and block ur aim. to me thats a more aggressive then usal. it ruins good fights.

theirs a reason y everyone wanted ncpd's out of PP because thay didnt want a guard. and to replace it with other guards didnt really do shit to change it.

and its not really protecting TS it self just other pkers because TS is one of the less used factions on saturn. only ones using it are Cm and TG. pkers of BD and other factions.

just remove them PP isnt suppose to be safe. only Hq's should hav guards and maybe a few out its entrance. thats it.