PDA

View Full Version : Regarding "notice" when damage occur

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 17:08
There should be a option where you could set the bloodsplatter when getting hit. Woot you say?
I mean, how silly is it to get ganked by a SH from across the zone without noticing the health going down. If you are unaware for a second you are out. Ok, so I live with it but imop you should notice when someone is ripping your skull off your body :)
Droners have this so we should to :)

droners get ALL the luvin these days... :P

ezza
02-02-04, 17:13
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
There should be a option where you could set the bloodsplatter when getting hit. Woot you say?
I mean, how silly is it to get ganked by a SH from across the zone without noticing the health going down. If you are unaware for a second you are out. Ok, so I live with it but imop you should notice when someone is ripping your skull off your body :)

droners get ALL the luvin these days... :P im not a sniper, but i think that the sniper rifle should be able to take you down without your noticing if you dont look at your health, if you heard and felt it and saw a big blood splatter erupt from your head no sniper would get the kills cos you would see people running for the zone the moment they get hit, expecially those paper monkeys

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 17:15
ok, but imagine someone shoots you in the head in real life from 2 km distance with a high speed rifle and you manage to survive 4 shots (:O). Wouldnt you notice something after the first shot without having to check a gauge?

Lucjan
02-02-04, 17:17
ok, but imagine someone shoots you in the head in real life from 2 km distance with a high speed rifle and you manage to survive 4 shots (:O). Wouldnt you notice something after the first shot without having to check a gauge?

You wouldnt survive a sniper shot in RL...

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 17:18
oh, btw : real life SH http://www2.sfu.ca/casr/101-ctac50.htm

There are probably better rifles out there but I think 2430 m is enough...

ezza
02-02-04, 17:19
^^ exactly so theres got to be something that gives snipers the advantage

numb
02-02-04, 17:23
I agree that this would be a nerf to sniping.

And snipers actually get it even worse than their victims, when zoomed in you cannot even see your HLT bar, so you have no idea if you're taking damage or not until you have zoomed out.

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 17:26
lol, well yes... a few oh damn im dead while zooming have occured...

Damn pe:s stealth anyway... hate to snipe them

ezza
02-02-04, 17:29
lol i killed a sniper stood behind him and devourerd him, kinda funny was wondering why he didnt turn to me

Quede
02-02-04, 17:30

This is exactly what happened to me this morning.

You should get a visual your hit, I wasn't even aware I was
being shot until I was dead.

I would think you'd be more aware of getting hit by a rifle....

Cytaur
02-02-04, 17:31
your idea sux, being sniper is all about killing your foe without him noticing you. Also not being a sniper is all about finding the sniper and humiliate him while he's scoping

Quede
02-02-04, 17:35
Originally posted by Lucjan

But this isn't real life is it?

I did survive the shot, maybe my PA helped, so I should be aware
I just got hit as I am knocked about by the concussion in my
tincan.

I am not saying the sniper should be revealed, just that if I
wasn't killed instantly I should be aware I was hit.

ezza
02-02-04, 17:36
Originally posted by Quede
But this isn't real life is it?

I did survive the shot, maybe my PA helped, so I should be aware
I just got hit as I am knocked about by the concussion in my
tincan.

I am not saying the sniper should be revealed, just that if I
wasn't killed instantly I should be aware I was hit. heres a clue, watch your health;)

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 17:37
please close thread

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 17:40
Originally posted by numb
I agree that this would be a nerf to sniping.

And snipers actually get it even worse than their victims, when zoomed in you cannot even see your HLT bar, so you have no idea if you're taking damage or not until you have zoomed out.

Not entirely true :D

numb
02-02-04, 17:41
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Not entirely true :D

Really? Why not? All I can see is my buffs + blackness :)

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 17:43
Originally posted by numb
Really? Why not? All I can see is my buffs + blackness :)

It isn't an exploit - but there is a simple way to see your health and stuff when you are zoomed in :)

numb
02-02-04, 17:46
Originally posted by GT_Rince
It isn't an exploit - but there is a simple way to see your health and stuff when you are zoomed in :)

I'm guessing RPOS or 3rd Person? One of which disables your control and the other makes you lose zoom.

Or is it something else?

Parappa
02-02-04, 17:50
No posting xploits in forum... but if you say really loud: "I want to see my health bar" it might just work.

Organics
02-02-04, 18:10
I tend to find it more annoying that I find my health has suddenly dropped to 70 while fighting mobs, even though there was no indication, no bullets hitting my deflector, no shakes, nothing. It's very annoying to suddenly be almost dead without even knowing what hit you because there was no effect to tell you.

Versus snipers, fair enough cos really you'd be dead after one shot anyway, just against mobs it's annoying when the damage stacks up without you even knowing you've been hit.

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 18:17
I was being hit by a 'city' spy last night who took me down to less than 20 health - I was able to hide behind a strut outside TG - then a fire mob wanders round the corner and finished me off :D

Point being, I was zoomed in shooting fire mobs but saw my health going down :D

Strych9
02-02-04, 18:17
The worst is when a mutant gunman gets trapped in a wall and you cannot see them or the blast of their flamer.

Ehyuko
02-02-04, 19:00
Firstly, droners see as much blood splatters as everyone else in neocron, few and far between.

lol i killed a sniper stood behind him and devourerd him, kinda funny was wondering why he didnt turn to me

Zoomed in people lose their HUD as you can gather from what people said here, snipers can get it back by hitting the 'talk' key, but still getting out of zoomed in mode takes several seconds.

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 19:08
The RPOS is being reworked for BDOY maybe they might make noticing 100 points pop off your health a more noticeable thing.

I for one believe there should be a noticable reaction to being sniped. I'd suggest an effect similar to nail gun push.

Many times I've been out hunting only to see my health drop while fighting a mob, I'm wondering if the mob did it or if I was sniped and its just plain annoying.

Snipers shouldnt be able to take a huge chunk off your damage without you noticing.

Lathuc
02-02-04, 19:59
i fully agree that you should get some kind of warning when hit if only it were like something minor like a red dot faling out like blood or something and the most anoying mob that will stealth hit you is a doy bot since sometimes they even hit you through walls and there is no animation on some shots

MjukisDjur
02-02-04, 20:05
Try again: mods, close please.

Zeph0n
03-02-04, 01:39

You need peripheral vision. Tunnel vision is for noobs.