PDA

View Full Version : VOTE: RP server!

ichinin
02-02-04, 16:04
Why not a RP server? Vote now!

I want to play NC, but without the likes of G0rt and Vett.

I signed up for a MMORPG and nothing else, i know quite a few others did too. Here is a chanse for KK to see what kinds of players that play NC.

Original monk
02-02-04, 16:15
we allready have a roleplay server: its called saturn :rolleyes:

lol

i would like to play a game witouth vetterox also, ow i mean witouth the likes of vetterox

a good idea yeah but ya can also roleplay in this harsh enviroment including all the MAD PKzors running around, it only makes it funner, yust start with RPing and im sure others will follow (and some will laugh at you on saturn, but who cares about other peoples toughts right ! as long as you have some good RP fun)

enjoy playing our beloved game and when ya start RPing on saturn i will join the RP

Xylaz
02-02-04, 16:16
Yay!

I've suggested it long time ago but, come to think of it - there is a *slight* chance of making this idea come to life with the launch of BDoY...

so yes, and 5 stars from me, although i'm still pessimistic...

az

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 16:17
Its been dicussed before, people have asked for a hardcore no LE server and MJS has hinted that he wouldnt be againist the idea, to be honest I dont think it could happen till the server populations increase.

The RP server again would be a nice idea but it would have to be heavily GM'd to stop twats making characters called 'onoz i r l33t pkzor!!!' and fucking it up. Maybe with a larger player base if enough people asked for it and KK created more PR server only GMs from withint the ranks of the players...

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 16:20
The way thing's are you can RP, it's just other's don't have to RP as well..

You can't realy enforce some of the solid RP thing's.. think about getting killed, well we've gen rep's to bring people back from the dead...

So perma death's out..

All these things.. not much can be changed to make the game more RP IMHO, so just RP yourself, some other people on saturn do, only time's you realy have to break out of RP is when trading and getting implant's put in..

ezza
02-02-04, 16:22
Originally posted by Original monk
we allready have a roleplay server: its called saturn :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAAHAHA I PWN JOO NIB KOS!!!!!!!

roleplay at its finest
:p

and incase people havnt noticed the servers aint that populated as it is.

so im going for the pk everything oprion

Lucjan
02-02-04, 16:23
Two words: dream on

As long as one player can kill another player there will be n00b killing and all the things you dont want to see on the RP server.
I just cant imagine KK getting 15-20 GMs to watch the server for "misbehavior" 24/7 like it is done on pure RP shards.

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 16:23
How the hell are you gonna enforce RP? say "Hey - u r gonna RP on here or get booted"... How's that gonna happen?

Droms, droms and more droms... :rolleyes:

Edited for not being able to spell Droms.. :D

Dade Murphey
02-02-04, 16:26
that'd be about the only way it could happen rince...the idea of a RP server is nice...but I really don't know how it could be done unless you had set rules to it and those rules were made to be followed or else you were banned from that server...either thru being reported or a GM actually seeing you...but...it's a nice idea so I said yes

ichinin
02-02-04, 16:27
I am RPing right now - in SWG, taking a long break as some of you noticed before someone killed the thread for whatver reason.

Personally i found Pluto more RP than Saturn - i visited TechHaven one day without LE for someone to gank me for their epic - OMW there, i ran into an enemy and none of us equipped our weapons, saw enemies hunt with eachother.. well in the same sector, hunting WBS at a distance.

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 16:29
Originally posted by ichinin

Personally i found Pluto more RP than Saturn - i visited TechHaven one day without LE for someone to gank me for their epic - OMW there, i ran into an enemy and none of us equipped our weapons, saw enemies hunt with eachother.. well in the same sector, hunting WBS at a distance.

Pluto > Saturn ................ again!

/stalks off

;)

ezza
02-02-04, 16:31
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Saturn > Pluto ................ again!

/stalks off

;) ^^is what you ment to say i think

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 16:33
Originally posted by ezza
^^is what you ment to say i think

Pokes Ezza with a sharp stick...

Nah! I know what I meant to say ;) We all know the truth !!!

Archeus
02-02-04, 16:34
you can't have 100% roleplay server without turning the server into a police state.

Anyway I would want Neptune before a RP server appeared.

ZoneVortex
02-02-04, 16:37
i say no

RP on the existent servers

PK when DOY comes out and lifts safezones

done

•Super|\|ova•
02-02-04, 18:18
"Pluto is the best server" was what you ment to say i think and I agree

/stops running

Yup. It sure is.

/runs like a hell leaving poor Rince behind crying out loud

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 18:20
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
/stops running

Yup. It sure is.

/runs like a hell leaving poor Rince behind crying out loud

Ahha - found u....

/stalks after nova

And is nice to see that Ezza agrees which the better server is ;)

ezza
02-02-04, 18:22
hey stop putting words in my mouth err quote thingy damn joo:mad: :p

Judge
02-02-04, 18:24
OK. So if you got this server and I went on and started killing people and ROLEPLAYING a factionless sociopath what would you do?

ezza
02-02-04, 18:27
Originally posted by Judge
OK. So if you got this server and I went on and started killing people and ROLEPLAYING a factionless sociopath what would you do? nononnonononnonono thats wrong, RP is sipping tea with TG and CA while on your BD char, thats what RP is

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 19:08
nononnonononnonono thats wrong, RP is sipping tea with TG and CA while on your BD char, thats what RP is

Tea must be taken on the lawn don't forget. Personally, I think one of the funniest 'RP' situations was where 'a couple' were getting married. I and a few others decided this wasn't a good idea and killed the groom. All done in terms of RP (i.e we didn't like him :D)

/hands Ezza a cucumber sandwich...! o_O

Breschau
02-02-04, 20:07
I'm a little unclear as to what the "rules" would be for an RP server. Or how they'd be enforced (there'd be plenty of situations where it's hard to tell whether someone isn't RPing or are just really crap at RPing).

Personally I prefer to stick to pen & paper for RP - even the best computer games are very limiting and restrictive, which hinders RP for me just as much as sharing a server with non-RPers does.

Course, we all have different ideas on what constitutes RP in a game, as a quick browse through any threads on the topic will show. Which brings me back to the first sentence of this post.

(As much as I enjoy P&P roleplaying, I don't see it working as a pure RP server in Neocron)

garyu69
02-02-04, 20:10
Join Pluto
Go FA
Join eXo

Now Role play

sorted

Strych9
02-02-04, 20:15
Pluto is great for RP. If you wanna RP not being able to find anyone selling anything... PERFECT.

Sorry Rince, cant let you go unchecked for too long. :)

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 20:16
Remember, when taking your tea, you must extend the pinky on the hand you grasp the tea cup with as you drink. It is proper.

I enjoy roleplaying, but there are times when I'm around enough wackos that I forget all about roleplaying and just go nuts. It's sort of like getting drunk, you can't stop yourself when you're doing it and you mildly regret it afterwards....like when I sexed a potted plant.

Strych9
02-02-04, 20:24
Its funny how people take a word someone else uses, like carebear or roleplay or PKer, and then assigns their OWN meaning to the word and then start to argue their side using their own definition of the word. Happens all the time.

When a lot of people in Neocron talk about roleplaying, they are talking about the simple concept of having a reason for doing what you do, and having your actions (and thus your role) adhere to some sort of logic within Neocron.

Just like all PKers are not 12 year olds with a small penis, not everyone that is interested in RP wants to have tea.

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 20:29
Originally posted by Strych9
Its funny how people take a word someone else uses, like carebear or roleplay or PKer, and then assigns their OWN meaning to the word and then start to argue their side using their own definition of the word. Happens all the time.

When a lot of people in Neocron talk about roleplaying, they are talking about the simple concept of having a reason for doing what you do, and having your actions (and thus your role) adhere to some sort of logic within Neocron.

Just like all PKers are not 12 year olds with a small penis, not everyone that is interested in RP wants to have tea.

OMG8|

AMEN BROTHER

Drake6k
02-02-04, 20:34
Roleplay PKing is a very real thing. Acting inhumanly nice isnt roleplay... this is a cyberpunk game. How about you make a roleplay clan on Pluto? Or join one?

In my mind a server without safezones would be best for roleplaying. Dont care about Neptune anymore though cause of DoY.

ezza
02-02-04, 20:35

Just like all PKers are not 12 year olds with a small penis, not everyone that is interested in RP wants to have tea. to true to true,

some coffee then?

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 20:43

Many people get this part so teribly wrong as well, and it's so simple yes...

I currently have a few char's, and each is diffrent, diffrent personalitys and react diffrently to each situation..

Q'alooaith, Psi PPU/pistol(yea I rerolled him)... Is measured, attack's and think's about defence and cover as well, tend's to stay at the back or in the middle so can get to cover quickly.. Charmer at time's, rarly a fool, loyal to NExT above all else, would sell his life for the faction at a moment's notice..

Greyhand,(yup remade) Tank Melee/Heavy/Rifle, She's a bit of a loner, bit of a reble, like's to charge in head first and then worry about winning after everyone is dead. Sorta demented too, talk's to herself more and more, not quite all there up top.. not a nice person to be around when the lead start's flying... Not loyal to any faction or any cause other than a personal one, albit twisted by growing insanity...

Niaya, Spy Rifle/hacker, She's a bit of a coward when it come's to getting shot, depend's a lot on long range fire and lot's of cover.. just trying to stay alive.. (ok, I whimped out, there's not realy any solid idea behind this char.. some goal's, but kinda vague) Loyal as a cat, keep her happy and she's your's, but piss her off and she's got claw's....

Then there's the fouth slot, which change's so often it's not worth naming all the incarnations, which range from the histerical pistol PE, to the sleepy ress/drone spy...

Archeus
02-02-04, 21:02
If there was a roleplay server I'd roleplay as a transformer.. or one of the A-Team because they are cool and make stuff blow up.

KramerTheWeird
02-02-04, 21:07
This is stupid. RP can't exist without PvP in this game. Then again, you don't need to pvp in order to rp either. There should be some restrictions, but not so much to restrict pvp.

Possessed
02-02-04, 21:09
Originally posted by ichinin

THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAY FFS THE FUCKING HOSTILE FACTIONS ARE IN THIS DAMN GAME FOR A REASON, YOU HATE EACH OTHER, NOW KILL KILL KILL KILL FFS

Leave the damn game if you hate pvp so much, go play EQ or some other game where pvp is shunned upon, leave our game alone, or incorporate pvp into your damn roleplay!

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 21:10
Pluto is great for RP. If you wanna RP not being able to find anyone selling anything... PERFECT.

Sorry Rince, cant let you go unchecked for too long. :)

SATURN PROPOGANDA

JOIN SATURN NOW!!!
Spend hours searching for parts to trade - find no-one wants to sell and will only trade for 10 parts you don't have - give up and log off. Fight against some of the worst PvP's EVER!!! Get ganked in the back while leveling as a 0/2 noob Spy by a capped PE. Go to OP fights where the blind really does lead the blind.

Economy? What fuckin' economy :wtf:

SATURN - IT'S WHERE IT'S AT !!!!

sorry - couldn't resist ;)

ezza
02-02-04, 21:10
SATURN PROPOGANDA

JOIN SATURN NOW!!!
SATURN - IT'S WHERE IT'S AT !!!!

sorry - couldn't resist ;)

what rince really ment;)

(gonna ignore the PvP bit cos i dont feel like launching an attack on ya:p )

g0rt
02-02-04, 21:13
1. Yes, GR campers, Noob PKers and people going on Killing sprees killing everything including allies/neutrals are lame.

I dont agree with this, if its your clans GR you can go ahead and camp it all day, you worked your fucking ASS off to get it, its yours, end of story you can do what you want with it.

Noob pking keeps the noobs on thier feet, adds an element of surprise to the game, keeps people from getting BORED because every timet hey walk into a dangerous area they get an adrenalin boost. Its good for everyone. There should be more slack noob killing rules, and i bet we would see less "leaving" threads because the noobs wouldn't level thier chars to cap in 2 weeks and get bored a few days after.

Allies/Neutrals mean NOTHING in this game. No one goes by that shit, if you don't like the clan you fight them, regardless of thier faction. Im Canadian. Does that mean I like EVERY SINGLE CANADIAN? Hell no theres millions I don't like. Just because im part of a nationality, or a faction in Neocron's case, doesn't mean I should automatically LOVE everyone affiliated with it. Screw that.

But yeah...I voted YES for a RP server....maybe the carebears would screw off to it and stop wasting my time on saturn with thier CA LE asses leveling in my clans chaos caves (which is an exploit). And maybe they would screw off the forum trying to make it uber carebear, instead they can just make thier OWN server uber carebear and leave the rest of us in peace.

Nuff said about all that.

GT_Rince
02-02-04, 21:15
what rince really ment;)

(gonna ignore the PvP bit cos i dont feel like launching an attack on ya:p )

LOL - I haven't seen u fight Ezza, so can't comment on that one :D I did see some excellent fighters on Saturn while I was there though.........

but we got better ;)

/wonders how far Ezza can be wound up ;)

Hayato
02-02-04, 21:22
Pluto has alot of RP and not so much
"NC TRADE - HAHAHA YOU GET PWNED BY ME HARHARHARHARH"

Cyphor
02-02-04, 21:22
Originally posted by g0rt
maybe the carebears would screw off to it and stop wasting my time on saturn with thier CA LE asses leveling in my clans chaos caves (which is an exploit).

rofl :lol: think that says it all.

And im all for a rp server or a pure pvp server either should split up the extremeists and leave the rest of the people to play the game how they want. Imo if you pay the money to subscribe to a mmorpg you should be able to play it how you want to without interefernce from others.

ezza
02-02-04, 21:27
LOL - I haven't seen u fight Ezza, so can't comment on that one :D I did see some excellent fighters on Saturn while I was there though.........

but we got better ;)

/wonders how far Ezza can be wound up ;) think im gonna leave this one here tbh, just got drom monthly im, and ohh baby its got some sweet drom lovin init
;)

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 21:32
After neptune sure why not.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 21:33
Neptune?

ezza
02-02-04, 21:36
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Neptune? the fabled no safezone server

Marx
02-02-04, 21:36
Role play is what you make it. It's different for everyone, so it would be damned impossible to enforce 'roleplay'. Hell, games with "RP servers" simply have a more strict name filter; that's it.

g0rt
02-02-04, 21:37
Originally posted by Marx
Role play is what you make it. It's different for everyone, so it would be damned impossible to enforce 'roleplay'. Hell, games with "RP servers" simply have a more strict name filter; that's it.

Actually, the best RP servers (such a the daoc rp servers) have very strict rules as to who you can and cannot fight, and have rules on what you can say and can't say, and if you break tehm you can get banned from the server.

Perfect for anyone that doesn't wanna see I OWNED YOU on trade-nc.

Jest
02-02-04, 21:39
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
After neptune sure why not. Eh Neptune is the roleplay server haha. The rules of Neptune are the perfect environment for roleplay.

Marx
02-02-04, 21:46
Originally posted by g0rt
Actually, the best RP servers (such a the daoc rp servers) have very strict rules as to who you can and cannot fight, and have rules on what you can say and can't say, and if you break tehm you can get banned from the server.

BS manno, I played on percival before I moved on to the now semi-defunct PvP server. Everything is the same. People speak the same, act the same, except now they don't have super 1337 names. Granted, if a person has a giant bug up their rectum they can pull out a ticket to report your 'lack of RP'.

My main dudes name was originally Podiatrist Proctologist. It was changed to Philubert MacDougal. That was just the first of the many infractions I've heartily had a go at whilst there. I was never banned from the server, never officially warned, the only time I heard from a mythic support member was when I got an e-mail saying they changed one of my dudes names.

Of course they've yet to go after Chlamy Dia, the 49th level Cleric.

;)

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 21:47
Wait a minute, not seeing "I pwnd j00" spammed across the trade channel might be worth it's own server!!! :P

Jest
02-02-04, 21:56
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Wait a minute, not seeing "I pwnd j00" spammed across the trade channel might be worth it's own server!!! :P Thats true actually an rp server probably wouldnt have a global chat. I'd pay for that haha.

g0rt
02-02-04, 22:00
Alright then Marxx, I can't say from personal experiance...I wouldn't touch one of those servers with a 10' poll

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 22:50
Originally posted by Jest
Eh Neptune is the roleplay server haha. The rules of Neptune are the perfect environment for roleplay.

Yea I beleive that 100% but try to explain that to anyone whos against neptune :rolleyes:

Dade Murphey
03-02-04, 01:34
First off...a lot of people seem to have this impression of people who want to role play are people who don't want to be killed or fight in general...why?

Also, isn't the idea of neptune pretty much what they're doing with the removal of safe zones etc etc? or was there something more to it that I've forgotten over time?

ichinin
03-02-04, 13:30
Originally posted by Possessed
THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAY FFS THE FUCKING HOSTILE FACTIONS ARE IN THIS DAMN GAME FOR A REASON, YOU HATE EACH OTHER, NOW KILL KILL KILL KILL FFS

Leave the damn game if you hate pvp so much, go play EQ or some other game where pvp is shunned upon, leave our game alone, or incorporate pvp into your damn roleplay!

Ok, lets see, current standings:

34+18 = 52 (100%)

34/52=65 %
18/52=35 %

65% for, 35% against:

Result:

http://www.funnydaze.co.uk/funnies/fun%20pics/pages/stfu_jpg.htm

Possessed
03-02-04, 18:50
Dude... it has been stated again, and again and again that this is a pvp game primarily, sure rpers are welcome and all, but they should be able to adjust to the pvp surroundings, which from my experience with rpers, they are unable to do, prefering to bitch and moan first... and look which side of the argument threw the first real insult in this thread, I mean, atleast use something original, so:

http://www.ileet.net/images/bigbaby2.jpg

Jest
03-02-04, 18:54
I eagerly await the day when more than a handful of people see that PvP and RP go hand in hand and we don't have these stupid arguments. Win!

evs
03-02-04, 19:03
It's a nice idea - but hard to put controls in place.

For one person 'RP' is running around and killing anyone red all the time, regardless of who/what they are.

For another it's sitting at a table in an appartment making shady underworld deals.

So a 'rp' server would basically be just like the servers are now for a lot of people.

Mr. Chainsaw
03-02-04, 19:05
....If I want to roleplay a cop in Neocron, and I see a criminal hanging around, what am I supposed to do? Write him a ticket? No! I shoot him :)

Opar
03-02-04, 23:51
Yeah, I like roleplaying.

Ya know, pretending to eat Sushi on a cold winters night in that fish place. Walking around holding a Sushi/Fast food container, eating out of it (that would be a nice emote ^_^)