PDA

View Full Version : Devourer VS CS.....

\\Fényx//
02-02-04, 12:36
ok

im starting to get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit fucking pissed off over this

Its fuckin hilarious how many ''good'' tanks have popped up out the woodwork since HC Tanks got the devourer.

The fact is the gun DOES do rediculous damage.

The Devourer is TL 98, the CS is TL 105, the CS should still outdamage the Dev, however because the way a dev works its shite for PVM, but is stupid for PVP

Now, dont start sayin that fenix has shite resists or isnt speccing poison/fire etc, I have 114 fire and I wear partial inq, and I have 90 poison in CON. now thats alot fuckin more than just about everyone else, yet the gun still rapes me, maybe its because im melee and have to get up close. Howeve the fact is, that theres some tanks that i considerd utter shite pre devourer, then wham this guns here now their takin people down left right and center ..... its bullshit. Tone down the damage of the devourer. my tank can take 2 CS clips, but 4 fucking devourer bursts and im down. Tested, neofrag last night for about a hour, just over and over testing how many to kill me. so 4 bursts from a lower TL weapon, and 2 clips from a CS? Are you fucking kidding me

SynC_187
02-02-04, 12:39
I agree...

I haven't seen a tank PK with any other weapon recently. Thats gotta say something about it..

bradd
02-02-04, 12:51
Dev has the same range like a melee weapon. If you fight against him and you will win then try get a range from more then 10m. You still can kill every dev tank with a CS ...

Bradd

tuxy
02-02-04, 12:53
the dev has quiet a short range , if you lose to a dev tank with a cs in an open area then you realy need to work on your pvp

so in summary dev is good in close quater, cs is good at medium range
ravager is good for long range
so one isnt better than the other its all about the range

Original monk
02-02-04, 12:54
when the other tank is using dev, i go take my cs and shoot em from a distance and stay yust that far away that he cant reach me :)

when he's tired of not hitting me and gonna take he's CS i go get my devourer to poisonstack the nib :P

dont use em exclusifly, combine em and ya have real fun

and it stays good to ******** them nooblet apumonkey's that think they own whole neocron cause they keep HLspamming you 24/24 ... whats the skill required on HL spamming someone continuesly ?? indeed : ZERO, thats why im making an apumonkey also :) altough i prefer FA yust for it looks :)

YoDa-UK
02-02-04, 12:56
100% agree with fenix on this one, my tank on saturn has a Dev and it does ******** anyone, including a ppu, if you get a ppu with holy heal on and is rezzing, they will die before they can finish the res with a tank and his dev on the ppu.

It does need lowering a little, not a massive amount to make it a waste of a rare, but certainly should not outdmg a CS.

I also agree that since the dev has come out, there are so many tanks that was shit before with no skill come out of the woodwork and are now killing people, well i still seem some tanks who cant fucking aim to save their lives even with a dev lol

All these posts about who is a good tank on the forusm just makes me laugh coz you get people who never really saw the "good" tanks before the dev was about.

Xian
02-02-04, 12:59
To get CS to hit at any decent rate, you need to be on top of someone. Even the best Tank's I've seen fighting put barely any distance between them and their opponents. It's simply a luxury Tanks can't afford with such complete bollocks aiming on the CS.

Plus, you have a giant flame taking up most of the screen, and I'm assuming it's worse in first person since it's pretty bad for me in third already. To be honest, I'm a HC Tank and I'd love to see the devourer toned down. All this shite about keeping your distance constantly just doesn't cut it in my opinion - Tanks aren't there to snipe with a CS; it's all about making all four blobs hit and doing as much damage as possible, and that's difficult to consitantly achieve with a CS at range.

Psycho_Soldier
02-02-04, 12:59
Something must be wrong with your setup. I take 6 Dev burst, and 9 CS burst. Before patch I took 11 CS burst and 8 Dev burst. Also keep in mind dev doesnt have the range or easy aiming like CS does. Thats also with only like 54 poison resist.

ezza
02-02-04, 13:01
from the dueling ive done, a devtank owns a CS tank hands down, if ya can put a bit of distance between you then you can take him, but if you start running, unless its a dumb tank they will just put dev away and close the distance.

i was using my CS mostly, but with the way devs owns atm, i go out fighting with my dev.

still only use my CS in neofrag for dueling though

WebShock
02-02-04, 13:04
i was wondering how long the nerf dev posts were gonna take.

surprised it took this long.

Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
. Also keep in mind dev doesnt have the range or easy aiming like CS does.

O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

i want some of the shit he is smoking! the cs is one of the hardest things to aim in this game imo

Psycho_Soldier
02-02-04, 13:07
IMO Dev sucks for dueling. Maybe because I just suck with aiming it but CS I think its 10 times better for dueling. Eventually melee will get boosted to where it is as strong or stronger than apu weapons mainly because you have to be really close. Now imagine melee with a runspeed nerf, thats what the devourer is, just more damage and harder to hit with.

Originally posted by WebShock
O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

i want some of the shit he is smoking! the cs is one of the hardest things to aim in this game imo

Only if you are a n00b.

tuxy
02-02-04, 13:11
ya cs isnt hard to aim at all
honestly dev isnt too hard to avoid getting hit by unless u are trapped in a small area

WebShock
02-02-04, 13:13
LoL whatever man.

i got a full capped tank with a machine gun cs. its far from easy to aim. well unless you are talking about shoving the cs swirly up someones ass and pulling the trigger. get further than 5 m and you arent gonna hit that much.

tuxy
02-02-04, 13:13
sounds like u need practice :)

Lucjan
02-02-04, 13:14
CS > Dev. Only if youre a "not that good tank" dev > CS.
CS is still the weapon of choise, after countless hours in NF the past days I would never come to the idea to switch from CS to Dev except for rezzing PPUs or ppl with 0 POS.

Tbh, I dont think Dev has to be toned down. The damage it does is good, but the moment you keep some distance (not much, just enough to not get the high damage) Dev becomes a very overrated weapon.

The only people having real problems with Dev are melee fighters, but I somehow dont like the idea to nerf a weapon coz of only one weapon category...

@Fenix: start to jump over their head Fenix, that helps a lot, you still fight your MC tank to much HC-like. Use your speed and movement to full extend, looks odd and silly, but it does help a lot.

ezza
02-02-04, 13:16
CS aiming just takes practice tbh, i spent a fair amont of time in neofrag recently(though not as much as id like cos everytime i log on TG are trying to fight us)and more i fight better i am, my aiming on my CS is pretty good now, but the amount of people ive taken down with my dev be it ppu/apu/tank/pe/spy, they all fall, when ive been 1v1 against someone so far with my dev ive not lost, where as with my cs i still got afair chance to loose.

Psycho_Soldier
02-02-04, 13:16
Main reason I use dev as my primary weapon now because it hurts people more that has shelter on than CS. CS tickles to most people with shelter, but dev hurts because poison isn't protected against by shelter or def. Also I believe that Dev should outdamage the CS. The longer the range the less damage, the shorter the more damage, I think its a good trade off. Why should CS do more damage and have a longer range than Dev. That would make Dev useless, well to me at least, I wouldn't even think about using it.

Lucjan
02-02-04, 13:21
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Main reason I use dev as my primary weapon now because it hurts people more that has shelter on than CS. CS tickles to most people with shelter, but dev hurts because poison isn't protected against by shelter or def.

Really? I went back to good ol' CS coz I still do more damage with a CS to them even if they have shelter running then with my Dev. On the other hand, most of them try to keep a distance from Dev tanks so Im usually stuck at the lower end of the damage side of my Dev :/
The first days after Devs got into the game it was different, but now people learned to keep a distance...or I just need to change my enemies ;-)

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 13:22
The Dev is stupidly powerfull but you have to be up close to get hit by it, then again you have to be up close to get hit by the CS too.

Maybe a decrease in its power is required.

Remember though the last patch unintentionally boosted alot of weapons maybe the Dev got boosted with that.

Hopefully the patch due this week will fix it.

ezza
02-02-04, 13:26
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
The Dev is stupidly powerfull but you have to be up close to get hit by it, then again you have to be up close to get hit by the CS too.

Maybe a decrease in its power is required.

Remember though the last patch unintentionally boosted alot of weapons maybe the Dev got boosted with that.

Hopefully the patch due this week will fix it. nah the dev was destroying before patch, its so funny think ive killed about 10/12 ppus past few days

Psycho_Soldier
02-02-04, 13:29
Originally posted by ezza
nah the dev was destroying before patch, its so funny think ive killed about 10/12 ppus past few days

Ya, lol. I seen a few cocky PPUs learn to shut up. One of them acted like they were laughing when I started using Dev on them, then I seen him get to half health 5 burst or less then zone. I think its good this way, gets rid of the lameness of PPUs getting all cocky thinking they are invincible standing there laughing in your face. The only good PPUs now are mostly the ones that know not to stand there laughing, and run around trying not to get hit. I don't think a PPU should be able to rez under fire be it by a melee tank or pistol spy, I just don't think its right. So don't cry because you can't rez under fire, thats why there was a rez nerf in the first place.

•Super|\|ova•
02-02-04, 13:29
I don't know about this. I've got few fucking good laughs out of a situation when some tanks have tried to kill me with devourer :lol: Just few days ago I GRd to Escador Oasis and there were some known BD pkers camping the GR there. I GRed back to my apt and I had 6 or 7 stacks on me and the damage was as pathetic as some noob was trying to kill me with unlabeled laser cannon :lol:

Sorry Fenix if I piss you off by saying this but it's all about resists :p I'm just saying this because many ppl whine about this though I don't have any problems with getting shot with devourer. I rather let the bastard shoot me 15 times with devourer than 6 full bursts out of CS :)

Remember, this is how it is for me.

Fez
02-02-04, 13:33
when u gr stack of posion/fire stop doing damge .....

Dev is to powerfull it attacks a resist u cant possible get as high as the rest taking armour /shelter into account is they changed it so posion was partialy blocked by shelter i belive dev would be fine.

$tormbringer
02-02-04, 13:34
lmao.... dev isnt overpowered... u know there is something called resists

i know there r several ppus that can outheal 1 or 2 or more devs.....

\\Fényx//
02-02-04, 13:34
lucjan, have you seen me fight with my melee tank ? I dont think so, so please leave out the comments that i fight with my MC tank like i fight with a HC tank, I already DO jump around, I Already do use my runspeed, for christs sake ive been melee about 4 months now, and was melee before i was HC. Ive beaten just about every HC tank ive fought over a round of 5 duels, but when they pull out a dev, im fucked. Pistol PE's are fucked, CS Tanks are fucked. The dev is the weapon of choice now.

Range is bullshit in neocron

If your going on that thinking psycho soldier, That the DEV outdamages the CS up close because of its range, then I'd like Pistols to outdamage rifles, because rifles have more range, I'd like my DG To outdamage a holylightning because I have no range, and the Dev outranges my DG, theres 10m range on a dev, thats 30 foot, thats 4m range on my CS or abouts that, thats under half the dev, does that warrant my DG outdamaging the dev ?

Also consider this, dev can have poison gas mod, many people dont spec poison, I have 90 poison on me with haz 3. I have a total of 177 fire armour on most the time aswell. does that not make any difference to a dev? No, dev still rapes with shelters on as you said.

Spy's have to get in close to do respectable damage, with ROG etc. Yes they have snipers, but with runspeed etc it takes 2-3 seconds to close down on people. The draw distance etc doesent help either. Then theres the fact that theres now drones, im melee, I cant touch drones because of their height. Not that im moaning, I KNOW that with melee, the weaponary that I chose, I have no range, and I consider myself a fuckin good melee tank.

It's just your reasoning for the dev to outdamage a CS regardless of TL is shite, sorry man, just in my opinion it is .... \:

Originally posted by $tormbringer
lmao.... dev isnt overpowered... u know there is something called resists

read my post, learn to think, then comment on my thread. pretty please ?

Like mentioned ive got 90 poison and pretty much capped fire, what the fuck am I meant to do other then that ? Gimp my HP down to 300 on a tank to make my poison 114 ? Maybe take out all energy :rolleyes:

Stormbringer, post your tanks setup, i bet mine is stronger in all areas

\\Fényx//
02-02-04, 13:36
fickin hell, quoted myself instead of edit, delete post pls.

tuxy
02-02-04, 13:36
well im just after getting a fair 1on1 with a dev tank in pepper park
me using my cs and i won easy
i play in first person so i find it easy to break legs
once your legs are broken with a dev you are so screwed,

enigma_b17
02-02-04, 13:42
i have to agree with ezza there, the dev in my opinion is overpowered. True before i lomed some of my resists into poison i got destroyed by a devourer easily, and now that i have put resists in it i can withstand it to a certain extent. But 1 burst will take a monk down to 50% health which is ridiculous damage really, and the fact that it completely bypasses buffs as far as i can see is a bit on the overpowered side aswell, the only other weapon that can do it is the poison beam. Another reason i think its overpowered is that not only does the poison/fire etc stack extremely quickly, but it disappears extremely quickly, each stack as far as i can tell causing the same damage as a toxic beam does in one shot, and this means that the holy catharsis, catharsis ap sanc etc dont ave an effect as it takes a few seconds to cast/take effect. I prefer my cs though looks nicer then running around with a flamer :)

Lucjan
02-02-04, 13:52
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
lucjan, have you seen me fight with my melee tank ? I dont think so, so please leave out the comments that i fight with my MC tank like i fight with a HC tank, I already DO jump around, I Already do use my runspeed, for christs sake ive been melee about 4 months now, and was melee before i was HC. Ive beaten just about every HC tank ive fought over a round of 5 duels, but when they pull out a dev, im fucked.

Sure I did see you fighting, why would I otherwise comment it?
You're good, but...well, lets take this to PMs...you have PM ;-)

Peeping Tom
02-02-04, 13:59
How can you keep a distance to a devtank when you got parashock you ?.. just wondering..
K4F

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 14:05
Is the Dev low tech?

If the Dev is low tech then people with have all that extra TC to pile into agility so they can run after people :)

mmm... I got bored with my melee tank on satrun, maybe its time to lom :D

tuxy
02-02-04, 14:06
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
How can you keep a distance to a devtank when you got parashock you ?.. just wondering..
K4F

by using your antishock drug of course

tuxy
02-02-04, 14:07
Is the Dev low tech?

If the Dev is low tech then people with have all that extra TC to pile into agility so they can run after people :)

mmm... I got bored with my melee tank on satrun, maybe its time to lom :D

spanked by dank on saturn has already done that :)

ezza
02-02-04, 14:07
Originally posted by tuxy
by using your antishock drug of course only nibs use antishock, real tanks run at snails pace:p

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 14:11
now thats alot fuckin more than just about everyone else

No it isnt.

And I have yet to use the devourer in PVP on a regular occasion.

The only time I EVER use it is when a PPU is parashocked + DMG boosted.

And thats it.

Dueling against Gohei who only uses a devourer I lost twice, Since then on ive yet to loose against a devourer.

So much so that recently TheGamer and Jacksilver actually resulted in putting there devourer away and had to call for backup as basically with a hazard 3 + my resists the dmg tickles me.

The CS is direct dmg quickly, the devourer isnt overpowered, its people who arent thick enough to move away from it.

@fenyx - Your melee, live with it

Babes
02-02-04, 14:12
Well..well..well¡K¡K.revenge is sweet The death of monk-o-cron and no one can see it.

Before the devourer it was rare to see (KK's favourite Char) the Gene-tank at an outpost fight, just a almighty sea of monks.

Do you think KK made a mistake by giving the Tank a SHORT RANGE flamer that rapes monks at close range. You think they were wrong¡K.you think its over powered because MONK DIE on the battlefield in mass numbers now.

NO KK are great, I love you for the devourer and the death of monk-o-cron. And for all thoughts complaining about the devourer¡K..look in the mirror and have a word with yourselves kids.

KK board-meeting

"Hmm how do we stop monks dominating the game."
"Send in the Exterminators¡KLet gen-tanks do the job they were designed for¡K.Give them a new flamer and KILL THEM ALL¡K".(EVIL LAUGHTER around the boardroom table)

This tank is Back and its kicking ass.

KK will not touch the Devourer¡K.its all part of there evil plan for DOY

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 14:14
@ Babes thats wrong, A good APU can down a tank before they even get to them.

And especially a good APU with shelter + H Heal

Devourer isnt overpowered, the CS isnt over powered.

Tanks are still vulnerable when having there weapon out due to lack of speed.

Yet they hit hard when they do actually get you.

Its the way it should be.

ezza
02-02-04, 14:21
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

Its the way it should be. i belive this man tells the truth

Babes
02-02-04, 14:25

Its the way it should be.

The word of a monkey....LOL

Killed 3 monks last night...at one opfight...and as any Good Tank knows....you dont pull your weapon till you see the whites of there eyes.

Now if your talking APU PKer with PPU up his ass against alone tank your right....

Im talking about OPfights with 40-50 people running around ..A devourer Tank will be all over your ass before you know it. in the past few weeks i have seen many monks Squeel like little piggies

deac
02-02-04, 14:31
yeap tanks are just as usefull in op fights now as apus... thats a nice change... but

the dev does need a small nerf....

40 base poison ress + heavy poison belt and my ppu can just about outheal it with sanctum and normal heal.... that means its going to ******** any other char :\

my pe with base 50 is dead meat...

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 14:34
Now if your talking APU PKer with PPU up his ass against alone tank your right....

Yup i was.

Im talking about OPfights with 40-50 people running around ..A devourer Tank will be all over your ass before you know it. in the past few weeks i have seen many monks Squeel like little piggies

I still use a CS.

40 base poison ress + heavy poison belt and my ppu can just about outheal it with sanctum and normal heal.... that means its going to ******** any other char :\

And your fire resist? + Cath sanctum? Not likely, any good PPU with cathsanctum up can last almost forever, go look at rasp or teela

DigestiveBiscui
02-02-04, 14:41
2 things need to be done about teh dev:

1. Slight DMG reduction

2. A LOT (and i mean a LOT) less stacking

every shot gives 4 stacks....every shot should give 1 stack end of story

Lucjan
02-02-04, 14:45
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
2 things need to be done about teh dev:
1. Slight DMG reduction
2. A LOT (and i mean a LOT) less stacking
every shot gives 4 stacks....every shot should give 1 stack end of story
If the stack would last way longer then it does now it might be a way.

But we need to wait for the patch to see how strong Dev will normaly be anyway...

DigestiveBiscui
02-02-04, 14:47
why should it

that would fix FUCK ALL, and you know it. Reducing the stacks but increasing the length will just keep the same damage overall...possibly over a longer period..but it would still be overpowered

jesus., its already overpowered, yet all the 'super skilled' tanks that are now around since the dev like it...because they cant use any other weapon

face it, something has to be done

shodanjr_gr
02-02-04, 14:56
Originally posted by WebShock
LoL whatever man.

i got a full capped tank with a machine gun cs. its far from easy to aim. well unless you are talking about shoving the cs swirly up someones ass and pulling the trigger. get further than 5 m and you arent gonna hit that much.

I gota agree. Ive recently degimped my pluto tank (getting all weaopnlore and pure HC) and i am at HC 182 (i think) and its still fuck hard to aim that thing.

tuxy
02-02-04, 15:04
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I gota agree. Ive recently degimped my pluto tank (getting all weaopnlore and pure HC) and i am at HC 182 (i think) and its still fuck hard to aim that thing.

someone who dosnt find a cs easy to aim isnt a tank at heart perhaps you are more of a monk like your advatar ?

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 15:48
@ Digestive biscuit - Do you expect to not get hit with a devourer seen as your a pistol spy, which means you have to get close to the closest ranged weapon in the game?

Then you are sure to take damage and are sure to take hits from it.

Get over it.

deac
02-02-04, 15:56

And your fire resist? + Cath sanctum? Not likely, any good PPU with cathsanctum up can last almost forever, go look at rasp or teela

shelter + 40 fire resists(+armour) take for of the fire part... and dont make me laugh at cath sanctum... it has almost no impact on the dmg.... poisons stacks are over way before it kicks in....

of 10 bursts it might remove 1 max 2

Original monk
02-02-04, 15:57
Originally posted by Babes
in the past few weeks i have seen many monks Squeel like little piggies

i yust love the way you describe this babes :P

dev isnt overpowerd, its people that are to noobish to step 2 steps back to continue there previous attack :P (when there outta range of the dev) go check jorz fighting on saturn then you will see how ya dodge a dev, i yust couldnt hit em lol, i yust couldnt :)

TheEnemy
02-02-04, 15:58
It could be overpowered... maybe. Haven't tested it enough yet, my tank seems most vulnerable to it since he isn't too manouverable while holding a weapon, but I've beaten plenty of devourer tanks with my pistol PE recently.

In any case, ranged weapons should be able to get those pesky devourer tanks to low health before they get in range.

DigestiveBiscui
02-02-04, 16:01
@ Digestive biscuit - Do you expect to not get hit with a devourer seen as your a pistol spy, which means you have to get close to the closest ranged weapon in the game?

Then you are sure to take damage and are sure to take hits from it.

Get over it.

havent tried it vs my PE YET (not spy :p) but ive seen the dmg on ppu's and it rediculous

ezza
02-02-04, 16:09
biccy it does good damage on PPU cos they cut through shelters, and a lot of PPUs are nibs and have been running around thinking they have god mode for so long, so now theres something that sorts the good PPUs from the bad PPUs, ive seen a lot of ppus go down to dev, but ive seen some good ppus live.

i cant belive that say for example Herbitt from your clan would fall to one dev tank?

Dribble Joy
02-02-04, 16:14
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
havent tried it vs my PE YET (not spy :p) but ive seen the dmg on ppu's and it rediculous

I only have 120 fire and 35 poison on my PE, assuming I could actually hit with my judge, it isn't better than the CS, especially if you can stay out of range.
CS, especially with the new dmg, still r0xx0rs your s0xx0rs and b0xx0rs.

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 16:37
havent tried it vs my PE YET (not spy ) but ive seen the dmg on ppu's and it rediculous

Then its a Bad PPU, Teela, Rasp, Pete, All of them can take 2 + devourers with a cath sanctum up, theres no excuses, only shit players.

Alex The Great
02-02-04, 17:14
Pete does not use cath sanc.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 17:55
wtf i can't believe this thread. The dev is just fine.

cRazy2003
02-02-04, 17:59
Originally posted by bradd
Dev has the same range like a melee weapon. If you fight against him and you will win then try get a range from more then 10m. You still can kill every dev tank with a CS ...

Bradd

thats a load of bs because people die before they get out of the devs range anyways :p

VVerevvolf
02-02-04, 18:01
I have a tank on Jupiter and he owns every1 with the devourer who i dumb enough to get real close to me.
Hell this Dev has a range of 10 (ten!!) metres, thats nothing!
Keep a distance and the dev tank has no chance. If you see him putting away his dev, run. As soon as he takes it out again, he will be slow again and won't hit you if you keep running.
If you aren't dumb, its easy to kill a devourer tank.

But if you are dumb enough to stay close enough for a 10 meters range weapon, you deserve to die.

Oh btw, there are ppus on Jupiter who just rezz someone with Holy Heal Sanctum running and I can't get them under 1/2 health with my wargas devourer kneeling in front of them until they finished their rezz. They know how to spec their resists.

Promethius
02-02-04, 18:02
ok

im starting to get a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit fucking pissed off over this

Its fuckin hilarious how many ''good'' tanks have popped up out the woodwork since HC Tanks got the devourer.

The fact is the gun DOES do rediculous damage.

The Devourer is TL 98, the CS is TL 105, the CS should still outdamage the Dev, however because the way a dev works its shite for PVM, but is stupid for PVP

Now, dont start sayin that fenix has shite resists or isnt speccing poison/fire etc, I have 114 fire and I wear partial inq, and I have 90 poison in CON. now thats alot fuckin more than just about everyone else, yet the gun still ********** me, maybe its because im melee and have to get up close. Howeve the fact is, that theres some tanks that i considerd utter shite pre devourer, then wham this guns here now their takin people down left right and center ..... its bullshit. Tone down the damage of the devourer. my tank can take 2 CS clips, but 4 fucking devourer bursts and im down. Tested, neofrag last night for about a hour, just over and over testing how many to kill me. so 4 bursts from a lower TL weapon, and 2 clips from a CS? Are you fucking kidding me

Do ur CON right CS does more dmg than a dev. end of this ONOZ IMA mONK NERF DA TANKS!!!!!111.

If ur a monk and don;t got poison well...theres a reason tanks have 100 con and monks dont.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

agree 100%.

Devs fine. To unbuffed players CS does about 94ish to tanks with good setups (all 4 bullets hitting the head). Dev does around 50 to tanks with good poison / fire resist. So CS DOES do more dmg...but poison goes through shelter CS doesn't. Therefor Dev does more dmg (generally) to buffed players than a CS does.

(disagree with any of the numbers in the taking Dmg Dm me on saturn i'll prove it.)

-Prom

Lucjan
02-02-04, 18:04

Relax, Im sure it's just a warm up for the upcomming "nerf drones" threads :rolleyes:

Scikar
02-02-04, 18:56
I'm undecided on the Dev vs CS damage wise atm. I will point out though that Dev has raygun aiming, and also raygun damage bonus close up.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 18:57
Ravager needs a damage boot.

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 19:01
Ravager needs a damage boot.

The Ravager may do less damage but isnt its advantage range being able to hit a CS or Dev user several times before they close.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 19:04
The Ravager may do less damage but isnt its advantage range being able to hit a CS or Dev user several times before they close.

true true

How far is the range? How come i don't see mo tanks using it?

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 19:14
My tank isn't up to the point where he's using these epic weapons but all I ever hear is CS vs. Devourer....doesn't anyone use the Malediction or Doom Beamer? I like fusion and raycannons :( Are they just not viable in high level PvP?

Scikar
02-02-04, 19:17
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
My tank isn't up to the point where he's using these epic weapons but all I ever hear is CS vs. Devourer....doesn't anyone use the Malediction or Doom Beamer? I like fusion and raycannons :( Are they just not viable in high level PvP?

Moon Striker is good against monks, but weak against PEs, Malediction is good against non monks. The problem is, they don't do nearly enough damage to be worthwhile, and they're only really good when you're aiming at a stationary target. So you can fire a few rockets into an OP entrance and hope to hurt someone there, but it's unlikely that you'll kill them. AoE weapons are certainly utterly useless in Pepper Park, especially with the guards, and at close range anywhere else you'll hurt yourself more than your target. Doom Beamer does the least damage of the 3 AoE rares, but it's the highest TL so it does technically give the best XP per unit of damage.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 19:34
Wow....that's depressing :(

dr.fish
02-02-04, 20:03
the aiming is much harder with teh DEV, when i see a dev tank i take out the CS and move a lot and unless the other one is real good he doesnt get much shots in

Xizor
02-02-04, 20:20
Aiming on ANY tank weapon is hard, I see my self as pretty good with a CS and I think CS hits crap, DEV hits even more crap.

Only bad PPUs die to a DEV unless they are wayyyyyyy outnumbered. Keep your Cath and Hheal/sanc. Up and use your über runspeed to not get hit and you'll outheal 3 :/

The Dev is fine, the CS is fine. Tanks now deal more damage than PEs and PEs have better defence than tanks. The way it should be.
APUs got a nerf cause now someone can take them down in seconds when they don't watch out (Lib/Dev need PE in here too).
All the weak PPUs are going down now, also the way it should be.

The only thing that is wrong atm imo. is spys (more damage on snipers and high lvl rifels), melee tanks (need more damage than HL) and how important PPUs still are (S/D selfcast only any1? Maybe a removal of parashock, not sure..).
*100 posts OMFG* ;)

Dribble Joy
02-02-04, 20:25
After the last patch the CS dmg is insane, evem the best players are gonna be cut to pieces, sure it's the best weapon in the game bar the HL, but this is nuts. It was fine at the pre-patch level. Now it's silly.
Also the dmg changes to balance the other guns are useless, now that all rares were boosted.

Kal
02-02-04, 20:29
before the patch CS did more damage than dev, they were about right against me for their TL

after the patch the dev it pitiful against me compared to CS

ask anyone whos fought me recently

Promethius
02-02-04, 20:53
@dribble

its about time tanks weapons got boosted. Maybe they will seem a bit more like CANNONs, also tanks are gimped for run speed with weapons out it jsut give us more of an advantage (that we should have always had IMHO)

steweygrrr
02-02-04, 21:08
Simple thing here. Make grenades and flamers MC because they are both used for up close and personal combat. Would give MC tanks an edge back against HC tanks.

ezza
02-02-04, 21:09
umm wheres the melee training involved in fireing a flamer

its a heavy weapons its a heavy tanks gun end off

Dribble Joy
02-02-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Promethius
@dribble

its about time tanks weapons got boosted. Maybe they will seem a bit more like CANNONs, also tanks are gimped for run speed with weapons out it jsut give us more of an advantage (that we should have always had IMHO)

Pre-patch, tanks vs PEs was balanced, now it isn't.

ServeX
02-02-04, 22:36
completely disagree sorry fenix.

shodanjr_gr
02-02-04, 22:56
Originally posted by tuxy
someone who dosnt find a cs easy to aim isnt a tank at heart perhaps you are more of a monk like your advatar ?

Nope ive always been a tank in heart :)

I dont know but i just find that fuck thing hard to aim.

Although the new damage on all HC weapons is UBAH!!!!!!

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 23:13
completely disagree sorry fenix.

So do 90% of the community

t0tt3
03-02-04, 00:11
The dev pwns me if I dont watch up.... dont nerf it plz then my HL will get stomped even harder just because all thinks HL >>> Dev :( :( :(

Slick
03-02-04, 00:16
it dosent out damage its just most peoples setup is for energy and not fire and maybe some poison overtime.

Dribble Joy
03-02-04, 00:19
What we need is some weapons with fire or xray as the main dmg type, that will fuck over half of people's 'uber' setups :lol:

greploco
03-02-04, 05:53
all these comments here about dev vs cs are pretty much not helpfull, cause everyone has a different char with different wepons

peoples experiences (positive or negative) with CS are __EXTREMELY__ dependent on the handling of the wepon. you really need a 120% handling CS and cap aiming to be consistently strong with that wepon in different situations.

Bitburger
03-02-04, 06:07

WRONG !!!!

Test it... skill a tank with the same resis in fire and poison like a 08/15 tank in energy and xray and u'll see that the devourer lost the face to face test...

all in the community wanted a other pvp weapon for the tank... and now they got them !!!

do u want to know what my avatar in german is translatet in english?

it means... STFU

anytime u must choose between dev or cs if u want to beat a guy because he had skilled his char otherwise and not like a clone of everybody...

just my 2 cent...

ps: my chars Tank 64/69, APU 76/65, PE 76/70 & SPY 2/68 (conster)

Promethius
04-02-04, 20:12
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
What we need is some weapons with fire or xray as the main dmg type, that will fuck over half of people's 'uber' setups :lol:

lol no. it wouldn't fuck over anyone with a half decent setup. Proly jsut hurt peeps who don't get alot of COn points. (i.e. monks / spys )

HatchetRyda
04-02-04, 20:23
Get over it. The devourer is a good weapon. Some of my clan m8's that been playing longer then me do not have a devourer took me less then a month to get my self one. If, ya don't like it get one and kill other people with it if not.. Quit NC..