PDA

View Full Version : So is Hacknet already in the game?

Archeus
02-02-04, 10:28
I was wandering around (*Legally* just not going to say where) when I got a message in a certain spot saying "Now Entering NC-FACTION-DNS". I couldn't zone or anything, but if I was to guess maybe its the central hub for hacknet?

I came back a few mins later and the message had gone.

Cytaur
02-02-04, 10:31
its says when you go near Mainstreet apt block in plaza-1 (in front of cryton's)

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 11:09
there's alway's been an entering new area bit in that spot.. now it's got a name.. could be where hacknet is, might not be..

El Barto
02-02-04, 12:13
Originally posted by Cytaur
its says when you go near Mainstreet apt block in plaza-1 (in front of cryton's)

I get that as well, thought it was just me.

LVirus
02-02-04, 14:16
Oh joy. Back in beta2 Hacknet was coming. Perhaps now finally in DOY @ 2005 it will come.

Prolly should reinstall Neocron and come back .. been away for long time :D

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 14:18
hacknet's alway's been coming, it's just changed from a small bitty bit, to somthing a little more complex and fleashed out..

would you rather of had hacknet as a hacking function of a citycom so you could open door's and boxes remotely, or what look's like to be somthing all the more fun..

LVirus
02-02-04, 14:27
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
hacknet's alway's been coming, it's just changed from a small bitty bit, to somthing a little more complex and fleashed out..

would you rather of had hacknet as a hacking function of a citycom so you could open door's and boxes remotely, or what look's like to be somthing all the more fun..

That would be just fine but oh well, seems like Neocron needs to rip off everything from certain game ;)

I saw Hacknet months ago, but back then it was called The Grid :D

robinitnow
02-02-04, 14:30
Originally posted by LVirus
That would be just fine but oh well, seems like Neocron needs to rip off everything from certain game ;)

I saw Hacknet months ago, but back then it was called The Grid :D

I get the feeling you area abit sceptical

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 14:41
LV, you'd have prefered to have a simplistic remote hacking though the citycom, than the current idea for hacknet?

It's almost like saying you want to eat chicken vinadloo before the chicken is dead because it'd be now rather than later.. (though if the chicken is still alive you might want to wait a day or so with the chicken hanging dead in a cool place so it'll have a better taste, but that;s beside the point)

LVirus
02-02-04, 14:45
Lets just say that I am very pessimist about future of NC. You can say that Im one of those beta vets that feels like betrayed by MJS not inviting us to play with him in Reakktor HQ.

Or that I might actually take some distance from game to see whole game.

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 14:56
Your way too close to neocron to take a step back and see the big picture..

We're getting screenshot's and solid info's, talk about DoY pre order's and a date when that can start to happen..

side note..

You wanted to play with MJ? o_O

take a few step's back, you'll see that there's a more clear direction that neocron is going in now, rather than a blind half stumble trying to work out what's a good idea and what's not, an engine getting upgraded (this can have a big effect, I'm almost certain most people here have no idea what this info imply's, as an engine upgrade can do so much, but then is so much work to get realy good)

TheEnemy
02-02-04, 15:10
Prolly should reinstall Neocron and come back .. been away for long time :D

Noooo...... resist the evil MMORPG urge!!!

Nemesis
02-02-04, 22:51
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Your way too close to neocron to take a step back and see the big picture..
As are most people in these forums. You wouldn't recognize or acknowledge the big picture if someone took it and slapped it around your head. :D

Beanie McChimp
03-02-04, 00:35
Hacknet looks so cool I hope its like tron with lightbikes and groovy 21st century frisbee with warbots mwahahaha. I can't wait for DOY and hacknet 2004 Year of the spy(you can quote me on that)

sanityislost
03-02-04, 02:22
hehe yea hacknet alone could double the size of the game, just think of all the new places ppl are going to get to explore....*gets back to making SiL able to hack*

Rade
03-02-04, 02:24
LV is it just me or do you like leave and come back every other
month?

Cytaur
03-02-04, 02:25
Originally posted by Nemesis
As are most people in these forums. You wouldn't recognize or acknowledge the big picture if someone took it and slapped it around your head. :D

ehe Nem, you're still around ? Like replying to a completly random post ? :D You should come back for DoY man !

Divide
03-02-04, 02:54
Lets just say that I am very pessimist about future of NC. You can say that Im one of those beta vets that feels like betrayed by MJS not inviting us to play with him in Reakktor HQ.

Or that I might actually take some distance from game to see whole game.

is it really necissary for you to say you were in beta2 in almost every post?
"You can say that Im one of those beta vets that feels betrayed by MJS not inviting me to be a gm"
There are reasons why certain people dont become gm's-- which is why I will probably never be one, and why you arent one today. Id say you are a pessimist about the future of anything, not just NC-- take your nay-saying ass somewhere its appreciated, like o-ea.

Nemesis
03-02-04, 09:54
Originally posted by Cytaur
You should come back for DoY man !
You mean, like, in Q4? :D
Still a loong time til then. :)

LVirus
03-02-04, 10:34
Originally posted by Rade
LV is it just me or do you like leave and come back every other
month?

*cough* :rolleyes:

What makes you thing that darling? :p To be honest I have no idea what should I play or do. Sure, I got capped and buffed up PPU with good resists but I find its boring and thus I feel urge to delete it .. but I got midlevel spy with 88mil dex exp and dunno if I should stay in rifles or go to drones.. oh joy, so full of ideas ... not. I have been everything there is to be except PE because I have ZERO respect to PE's for their easy playability and fast capping (2 days).

Oh and yes I do like to rub it to peoples face that infact I am beta2 vet .. I just love to see people flip out and get mad to me :D. It's a little joys of life that keeps me going and going :angel:

Nash_Brigham
03-02-04, 13:58
It's nothing special that you keep claiming your a beta 2 vet. All it proves is how much of a loser you are, and really doesn't impress anyone but yourself.

Nightbrother
03-02-04, 14:03
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
It's nothing special that you keep claiming your a beta 2 vet. All it proves is how much of a loser you are, and really doesn't impress anyone but yourself.

Well, I'm a loser too then, cause I find it great that some beta vets play still (and not just beta 4 vets). So yes, I'm a bit impressed by the fact that LVirus is still around (even if he doesn't play very much :p)

El_MUERkO
03-02-04, 14:09
*cough* :rolleyes:

What makes you thing that darling? :p To be honest I have no idea what should I play or do. Sure, I got capped and buffed up PPU with good resists but I find its boring and thus I feel urge to delete it .. but I got midlevel spy with 88mil dex exp and dunno if I should stay in rifles or go to drones.. oh joy, so full of ideas ... not. I have been everything there is to be except PE because I have ZERO respect to PE's for their easy playability and fast capping (2 days).

Oh and yes I do like to rub it to peoples face that infact I am beta2 vet .. I just love to see people flip out and get mad to me :D. It's a little joys of life that keeps me going and going :angel:

pish u dont have the talent to be a good PE :p