PDA

View Full Version : [Dex armour] Gas Mask

Benjie
02-02-04, 05:48
Simple. A Gas mask that requires dexterity, that fits as a helmet and gives armoured resists to Poison.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 05:52
Will it have a Class:Spy req?
Will it give more POR than VPK?

40$Poser
02-02-04, 05:55
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
Will it have a Class:Spy req?
Will it give more POR than VPK?

now why would it have a class req?:wtf:

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 05:56
Nothing at all should ever have a class req except power armors if you ask me thats part of what makes this game different then others.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 05:58
OK then, I guess.
What do you guys think the POR should be on it then?

40$Poser
02-02-04, 05:59
maybe have 3 levels, light/medium/heavy

por I think would go as such 15/25/35

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 06:02
Sounds cool

Q`alooaith
02-02-04, 06:07
Originally posted by 40$Poser
maybe have 3 levels, light/medium/heavy

por I think would go as such 15/25/35

Noo no no no...

four versions..

Light// dex 25

Medium// Dex 50

Heavy// Dex 75

V.Heavy// Dex 100

Normal armor's don't go 15/25/35, they have a much larger gap and such.. The name's could be Wastland breather's 1-4,

So wastland breather 1, +25 Por +5 fire

So each give's mostly posion maybe a little fire too.. But the dex range should extend up past what psi's and tank's can use, and PE's should be having trouble with the last maybe.. Though the first level one maybe should be open to near everyone..

Maybe a 0.5 verson, Gasmask// Dex 5 Por +10 or such.. just an idea.. not a good one either..

Benjie
02-02-04, 06:08
It should not be as powerfull as viperking imo.
It should be sold by tool vendors in krytens, as there is no buyable POR armour at the moment.

Can anybody think of any potential balance problems and/or sollutions?

Originally posted by Q`alooaith
The name's could be Wastland breather
I would prefere they where called Gas Masks.o_O

Scikar
02-02-04, 06:16
I can't see any problems. Poison isn't specced at all past 75 base resist, so even if it gave 40 POR and more it's unlikely that it would have unbalancing effects on anybody's CON setup. Just like it's inefficcient on CON points to make a setup around Viper King for combat.

QuantumDelta
02-02-04, 06:22
Scikar is correct.
I'd still use Inqui if this were ingame.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 06:26
Why stop at helmets? You could make hazmat armor or something. It would really just give more options, it's not like it would make you overpowered. I like the idea.

Drake6k
02-02-04, 06:53
Yes but with doy and a showing helmet

rob444
02-02-04, 06:57
Why dont you use brainport next time? As many others do, keep breaking the FORUM RULES:

Appropriate Forum
Please remember to post in the appropriate forum. Just because one forum gets more attention then another is no excuse to post your thread in the incorrect forum.

Severe or repeated breaches of the forum rules may result in a forum ban.

jernau
02-02-04, 07:09
Originally posted by rob444
Why dont you use brainport next time? As many others do, keep breaking the FORUM RULES:

Appropriate Forum
Please remember to post in the appropriate forum. Just because one forum gets more attention then another is no excuse to post your thread in the incorrect forum.

Someone hasn't been keeping up to date on forum rules ;).

g0rt
02-02-04, 07:11
great idea 5*

and ya rob brainport items are supposed to be on here first then moved to brainport later by a mod

trigger hurt
02-02-04, 07:13

Appropriate Forum

about 5 months ago, they decided to let us post brain-port ideas here, because see...that forum is a wasteland...noone reads it except the people that post there. so the post gets a little spot light here before it is moved to brainport.

rob444
02-02-04, 07:23
Hm I have not heard any official statement about that. Rules as rules. :P

Whitestuff
02-02-04, 07:34
I would wear it instead of my Dura 4 Helm to get a bit more POR. But, I would expect it to have a helmet combo like the army uses, so it would give, all be it less, some force resist and maybe a small small amount of fire. So like: lvl 3 "gasmask" like 30-40 POR, 15-19 Force (maybe less) and 10 fire. But I think it shouldn't go over Viperking, so moderate it cause Viper armor is decently balanced.

VetteroX
02-02-04, 07:59
So spies have 100 poison and 150 xray AND can stealth? lets make them immortal. No. YES I want another poison armor but not based on int or dex... st is really all that makes sense... first 43, second 57 last 71..... 20 30 and 40 por.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 08:07
Same reqs as poison belts just DEX instead of INT
This way tanks would be able to wear the medium one if they want
also a PE with SA/SF/Reflex4/PA3 would be able to wear it(hope i did the complicated math right :p )
39/63/99
not sure if thats a good or bad thing :lol:

Benjie
02-02-04, 08:16
Originally posted by VetteroX
So spies have 100 poison and 150 xray AND can stealth? lets make them immortal. No. YES I want another poison armor but not based on int or dex... st is really all that makes sense... first 43, second 57 last 71..... 20 30 and 40 por.
Really stupid post there.

1: 100 poison resist? Nobody ever said that, most people are saying keep it quite low. IE 25-30.
2. If it would make spies 'imortal' (please) then whats to stop Tanks becoming 'imortal' if it was moved to a strength based armour?
3. 30 armoured POR does not make a person immortal. (Pulease! Think before you post!!!)

Benjie
02-02-04, 08:16
double post. sorry.

*edit*

gj with the double post
What the fuck? At least my double post was unintentionall. That was just spam.

Trying to get +1 are you?

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 08:18
gj with the double post

g0rt
02-02-04, 08:41
Stealth whores are immortal. Not spies themselves :p

Immortality is a capped tank with a good setup, holy sheltered with a constant holy heal on him.

Army in one right there haha.

Lucjan
02-02-04, 13:00
Im with Vet on this: lets keep armor STR based. Why not just start with a much lower STR requitement like STR 30 for lvl-1. Besides, who said armor has to go up to STR 95 for lvl-3 or 4?

I like the idea of POS armor, actually I like anything giving some more variaty to char designs ;-)

kurai
02-02-04, 13:22
Originally posted by g0rt
Army in one right there haha. Well - an army in two, strictly speaking ;)

Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I'd still use Inqui if this were ingame. Same for me.
No real incentive for me to give up Inq, unless there was a change in the mechanics/efficacy of poison.

Lucjan
02-02-04, 13:26
Please keep in mind there is also PvM. For PvP only few specific setups might benefit from POS armor or a POS helmet, but for PvM it would be a nice deal.

Original monk
02-02-04, 13:27
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Nothing at all should ever have a class req except power armors if you ask me thats part of what makes this game different then others.

still, a spy only req on a stealth wouldnt be bad also

•Super|\|ova•
02-02-04, 13:37
Fuck this. Spies can already use heavy poison belt. If you wont wear it then it's your god damn problem. Your choice. Spies are spies, tanks are tanks. There are good reasons why they are two separate classes. Remember that.

\\Fényx//
02-02-04, 14:00

Appropriate Forum

aahahahaha looks like you applied for a moderator job and forgot that you havent got it yet :lol: Maybe keep uptodate on the rules thens tart quoting them :lol:

Peeping Tom
02-02-04, 14:04
sound good for me dex req on a gasmask.. i dont use inq helmet anyway (on spy)

eh.. yeah spies can USE heavy por belt.. OR we can use HEAvy enr belt... cant use both at same time silly ppl...
K4F

•Super|\|ova•
02-02-04, 15:34
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
eh.. yeah spies can USE heavy por belt.. OR we can use HEAvy enr belt... cant use both at same time silly ppl...
K4F

Yes? What's your point. Like I said it's your choice. You're a spy not a tank. Enough said.

Peeping Tom
02-02-04, 16:08
i am a tank..
anyway.. without enr belt i would take like 150dmg or more against any enr weapon.. yeah big choice
K4F

TheEnemy
02-02-04, 16:09
Sounds cool... just remember the cost of wearing such an item would be that you can't wear something like say and inq helmet. So I think it's hard for it to be imbalanced.

Maybe it could be based on constitution, or would that suck too much for non-tanks? In any case I think there could be more items based on constitution, not much now other than hearts and adv movement controllers...

Strych9
02-02-04, 16:34
Considering we are talking about a gas mask, why again should that be Str based? Cause the actual filters in the mask that filter out the poisonous air would be REAL HEAVY?

Hardly.

Its not like this would imbalance anything in the game. As others have pointed out, using a posion resist helm means you cant use an energy or fire based helm. Big deal. Life is about making choices.

And it would be useful for PvM as well.

Make it ONLY poison and force, or maybe even just poison, and make it LOW Dex based. Then they will be available to everyone, and everyone will have to decide if having poison/force only is better than the alternatives (and every alternative has at least force/pierce). With being low Dex it could be useful for noobs fighting the poisonous plants or the mobs out at Regants.

wolfwood
02-02-04, 16:38
Originally posted by g0rt
Stealth whores are immortal. Not spies themselves :p

Immortality is a capped tank with a good setup, holy sheltered with a constant holy heal on him.

Army in one right there haha.

two because u need a ppu you heal and buff him =)

cRazy2003
02-02-04, 18:03
great idea :D

Judge
02-02-04, 18:22
Very good idea... as long as it looks like the gasmask (or whatever it is called) in KoTOR. That was one bitchy gas mask :D

rob444
02-02-04, 19:57
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
aahahahaha looks like you applied for a moderator job and forgot that you havent got it yet :lol: Maybe keep uptodate on the rules thens tart quoting them :lol:

Nope I have not been assigned to it, Im just making a point here since I always post on brainport any no one else is doing it and I think people who are repeaditly doing this should get a warning since the FORUM RULES SAYS:

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules

Read yourself

Heavyporker
02-02-04, 22:13
Make it CON based - CON 20 - 35 - 60 , and each gives +15/5, 30/10, and 50/20 poison resist and xray resist (radioactive particulates are filtered out as well which is why you see them on biohazard suits :P )

Nothing major and every class has a chance to wear one. Maybe make it so the gas masks are only buyable from nomad traders (and looks like their masks). Wouldn't that be very RP and bitchy-looking? Make them unbp-able as well. We need more cashsinks in this game.

Lifewaster
02-02-04, 22:14
Well I think tanks should get an option for poison armor other than viperking chest so they can still wear PA.

Really though, others like monk/pe/spy all have options for med or heavy poison belts.

So the only poison armor addition I'd agree to is a str based one.

So just add viperking helmet legs and boots IMO.

Dex versions will just make it too easy for monk/pe to create resist all setups. The balance in poison belts thus far is that these classes have to trade off their energy/fire belts in exchange for the poison.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 22:15
Sorry no, as long as poison is as weak as it is ATM there's already enough poison armor as it is.

Heavyporker
02-02-04, 22:16
WTF!?!? Monks use dex armor?! ROFL.

We have the lowest DEX, genius.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 22:17
You could make the thing intelligence based just like belts. Honestly, it's alot easier to put a motorcycle helmet on than a gas mask.

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 22:18
Y on earth wud this be dex based when every other armour is STR based?

This is in essence an alternative to viperking for spys? No?

Whitestuff
02-02-04, 22:20
Originally posted by Heavyporker
WTF!?!? Monks use dex armor?! ROFL.

We have the lowest DEX, genius.

Well Monks could wear the first one, after all. Their dex cap is 35, first mask would be around in that area I would think.

Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Y on earth wud this be dex based when every other armour is STR based?

This is in essence an alternative to viperking for spys? No?

Well, the idea was to balance it in accordance with Viper armor, so only the lvl 3 or 4 mask would actually come close to, but not match or be greater than the Viper armor. Maybe max 32 POR. Somewhere in there for lvl 4 mask.

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 22:22
sorry but this is a ****** idea.

Its just a cop out to get more poison resist.

Make it so if you are wearing it it removes a stack of poison or something, not that it gives poison resist

Strych9
02-02-04, 22:23
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Dex versions will just make it too easy for monk/pe to create resist all setups. The balance in poison belts thus far is that these classes have to trade off their energy/fire belts in exchange for the poison. Compare a Holy Spirit helm... 16 Force, 16 Pierce, 40 energy, 8 fire...

So a helm that only did poison or only poison/force WOULD cause a tradeoff in terms of poison and energy/fire.

Whitestuff
02-02-04, 22:24

Make it so if you are wearing it it removes a stack of poison or something, not that it gives poison resist

IMO that would be worse. Then in a matter of seconds you are not taking any poison DMG at all, because they are removed. Instead, you still take the stacks, but not as much damage.

Marx
02-02-04, 22:36
Nope I have not been assigned to it, Im just making a point here since I always post on brainport any no one else is doing it and I think people who are repeaditly doing this should get a warning since the FORUM RULES SAYS:

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules

Read yourself

'sup dude.

Originally posted by Ulle
Please do not start threads that only link to other threads.

Brainport ideas can now be posted in the Community Talk area and will be kept there for a week or so. This should get enough people seeing your idea for brainport so that when it is moved, the conversation is carried on.

link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=921351&post921351)

Strych9
02-02-04, 22:39
Marx saves the day.

I was looking for that same link but couldn't find it.

Now maybe rob444 can stop his personal quest to get this thread closed/moved and get on with other, more productive endeavors.

retr0n
02-02-04, 22:55
If anything it should make you consume extreme amounts of
endurance, ever tried running with a gas mask? If not, give it
a go... And maybe even slow you down a bit, so you would
have to specc some more agil/ath. But not to much though cause
then it's just not worth it and nobody would use it.

I also agree that it should be STR based

//Radium

Scikar
02-02-04, 23:35

How so? Considering how low everyone specs poison resist, the mask would have to give 50 armor otherwise it would be less efficient than any other choice of helmet.

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 00:02
LOL
yea as usual lets only think about capped players and people with
too much money on their hands
screw the people that have fun hunting with friends in swamps
or the crystalcaves
if you are soo concerned about PvP make it minus enegery or
sometin jus so you guys can be happy...

rob444
03-02-04, 02:38
Well its not my fault that I posted the rules. Since they have not updated the rules page, how can it not be the active rules?

Rade
03-02-04, 02:44
I like it, I want alot more armor choices in this game so that its
not bloody obvious what everyone is wearing, and this fits right
into that. Rade says MORE armors, MORE semi-rare drops, MORE
choices.

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:48
BOW TO RADE YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!
BOW I SAY

Marx
03-02-04, 02:54
BOW TO RADE YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!
BOW I SAY

What's that stuff on your nose manno? Pudding?

:confused:

At the entire 'what should it be based on argument'. I think it should be dex based. We have STR based armor, PSI based armor, and INT based armor. Give DEX some mamma-jammin' love.

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:57
we already have dex based armors
and there should be only 3 versions

Marx
03-02-04, 02:59
we already have dex based armors

Too bad it's all class specific.

Birkoff
03-02-04, 05:03
Sounds a great idea.

Dex is good, think the last one should be about 105-110 though.

PEs Shouldn't be able to wear the best one imo, they cant use best durantium/belts so this is only the same.

El Barto
03-02-04, 10:32
I think it should be used against gas grenades, if they put them in game which imo they should.