PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the guards?

MayhemMike
02-02-04, 05:02
All they do is push you around and give you a mcown once and a while, just a 2nd ago, i had 6 guards pushing me, so it seems that KK wants this game to be carebear.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 05:09
I think they must be buggy or something. I had them pushing me around in one area, some of them kneeling for no apparent reason....before they randomly torched me for being a hostile faction :confused:

Gotterdammerung
02-02-04, 05:13
maybe the guards just aren't down with you

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 05:14
They hate me, sure, but they took their sweet time roasting me. They walked around and croached alot, normally they just fry me if I don't run by fast enough.

MayhemMike
02-02-04, 05:19
BD needs more guards since TS gets 093415078914659087139687149879867423976 more guards BD should get more.... but n o..

Scikar
02-02-04, 05:22
If BD had more guards wouldn't that make it more of a carebear faction?

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 05:23
Originally posted by Scikar
If BD had more guards wouldn't that make it more of a carebear faction?
LOL
owned

VetteroX
02-02-04, 08:02
remove all guards everywhere... I want TH and mb reopened to attacks... and if trhey cant stop them then tough luck.... its called survival of the fittest... animals street gangs and even nations that couldnt defend thems DIED OUT all there is too it.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 08:11
Hi Vet ^^
You been Peekaring Im guessing

SypH
02-02-04, 08:15
I used to agree with the "More guards!!" crowd. Now its gotten into overkill. MB practically has an army of mercs in the hallways now and you cant swing a cat in PP1 now without hitting a Tsunami guard. I havent been to TH to check there out, and TG has always had a large populace of guards. If they must be kept I say you at least cut the numbers by half.

Xian
02-02-04, 08:51
I think they should have 1-2 guards at the very most in every area currently with guards in place. So, maybe 1 guard in the entrance hallway to the MB, and 1 in the GR room/PA vendor room. 1 TS guard (who isn't on the damn zoneline), and so forth.

The only place where I think there should be multiple guards is in PP2/3, where TS and BD guards should be fighting it out amogst themselves.

ZoneVortex
02-02-04, 08:53
yar NO GUARDS!

MayhemMike
02-02-04, 14:09
No guards = winnar tbh.

tuxy
02-02-04, 14:15
ągreed someone start a poll on should guards be removed ;d

djskum
02-02-04, 14:20
Originally posted by VetteroX
remove all guards everywhere... I want TH and mb reopened to attacks... and if trhey cant stop them then tough luck.... its called survival of the fittest... animals street gangs and even nations that couldnt defend thems DIED OUT all there is too it.

Woo Hoo! Everyone join the winning faction! What fun!

Oh and take out lvling too, cap players instantly so they can automaticaly compete! Coz lets face it if your not capped it's very hard to compete with capped players....

Fuckit I'm off to play Quake...

Dj

O_o

ezza
02-02-04, 14:23
i wantall guards removed.

and those TS guards hate me, i aint getting close to those guys, only have to walk in to pp1 and there pointing there flamer at me, guess they aint down with my -99 symp for TS

djskum
02-02-04, 14:30
I disagree, I think that there are too many guards atm. I lobbied against all those extra guards in MB. But we do need some. How the fuck will our noobs lvl if the l337 pkers kill them all the time?

DjSKum

tuxy
02-02-04, 14:33
Originally posted by djskum
I disagree, I think that there are too many guards atm. I lobbied against all those extra guards in MB. But we do need some. How the fuck will our noobs lvl if the l337 pkers kill them all the time?

DjSKum

with a le in? ;)

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 16:30
Remove all guards except in the immediate area around the faction HQ's, GR's and on zone lines to stop sync area camping (or at least reduce), that includes TH, MB, TG Canyon and all those random twats hanging around the North East of the map.

Make the guards more agressive to enemies, something like 3 warnings at 1 per second then they chase and kill you.

With everywhere available for PKing factions wont be able to leave there home undefended while they go kill at MB unless they want to come home and find all their noobs dead.

Also the best way to protect MB is to have a few strong MB clans who own the OPs surrounding MB, respond to calls for help over faction and have people floating around J_01 looking for PKers.

wolfwood
02-02-04, 16:31
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung

couldnt agree more =)

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 17:50
I agree that it's especially bad with the Tsunami guards. There are more Tsunami guards than there are cityadmin and copbots in Plaza 1 combined.

cRazy2003
02-02-04, 17:56
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung

lmao
true, true
i can see why in the rpg side of it why theres guards in plaza 1 etc and i dont mind in exchange TS guards in PP either but the ones they have after this patch is fucking stupid, even if i come out of stealth goin to NF (cos of the piss assed stealth nerf) i come face to face with a dude with a bad-assed attitude and a flamer :p

djskum
02-02-04, 18:03
Originally posted by tuxy
with a le in? ;)

ROFL

Me = Pwned ;-)

Still not a great experience having to get nr cap b4 you can intereact with the community properly, get clanned etc.

Dj

Ascension
02-02-04, 18:05
Yeah i liked the last patch notes it went something like this:

* moved TS faction guards to prevent exploiting.. so now there are guards everywhere... so if TS enemies cannot go in there without fear of dying.. kick TS the fuck outa plaza :lol: as they now have a semi care bear zone:(

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 18:12
If they kick the Tsunami's out of plaza, they have to add a huge bench in PP1 somewhere. I love running by the P.I.M.P. courner.