PDA

View Full Version : Typherra?

Rieper
02-02-04, 01:00
I kinda got used to the plaze 1 Typherra memorial GR.. but then i thought about it.. what or who was typherra. Why is there an entire zone dedicated to its/his/hers memory?

Tratos
02-02-04, 01:01
That area use be a shop called Typherra i think, back some time ago or somthing or other i dont really know but i've heard that from somwhere

~T

ZoneVortex
02-02-04, 01:03
i think that medicare building used to actually have a huge sign on it called 'Typherra square" or something, so they named the GR after it

that was beta 2 or 3, i forget...

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 01:03
An interesting question. My opinion is Typherra refers to a tragedy or mass killing of some kind. Perhaps a battle. The fact that the main feature of the place is a genrep and medicare might mean it's something to do with a plague of somekind?

Rieper
02-02-04, 01:04
i'd prefer to think it was from some massacre or battle.. much more interesting than a shop :p

Nidhogg
02-02-04, 01:07
Typherra was the name of a city built by the Chinese on Irata III.

N

Marx
02-02-04, 01:08
The Avenger arrives at Irata III. Red Terra 2, the new colony on Mars, establishes contact to Irata III. Apparently the people travelling with the Avenger have found a paradise on the planet: Irata III is covered with forests and oceans. The Chinese have erected a city from stone and wood, which they call Typherra. The newcomers are friendly received, but the news of the destructive events on Earth shocks the inhabitants. Since the planet is so big, the Typherrans offer to receive more people.

history (http://neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Guide_History&file=modern)

Damn, beat by nid.

:p

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 01:08
bah u guys beat me to it

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 01:10
Why the memorial though? Memorials are usually erected when something terrible happens, and the memorial was probably built before Neocron lost contact with Irata.

Marx
02-02-04, 01:15
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Why the memorial though? Memorials are usually erected when something terrible happens, and the memorial was probably built before Neocron lost contact with Irata.

Read the history.

Most of Neocrons populace went off into the void with the hope of making it to Irata. Since Neocron had no way of maintaining communication with the settlers or Irata, all the settlers are just as easily viewed as dead.

When the contact to Irata III is still not reestablished even four years after it broke off, Lioon's interest in Irata III drops noticeably. Of course he knows that the treks won't arrive on Irata III before 2840 and that he, as opposed to the frozen passengers of the generation ships, will by far have surpassed his maximum life expectancy until then. This realization of his also becomes apparent, when Lioon once again gets more involved in the security aspects of the city and his governmental duties.

Hell, since it's a dictatorship and he won't be able to be saved, Reza would probably want his people to view the settlers as dead, because in the end it's less hassle for him and his administration.

Ozambabbaz
02-02-04, 01:21
tried google, found this (http://home.tiscali.de/del.priore/info10.htm) , seems KK has a history for making pendants/referances :)

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 01:22
Haha! That's funny :)

Rade
02-02-04, 01:24
I think it should be renamed to Rade memorial, and then put a
big statue of me in the middle of plaza1. Then everyone would be
like "omfg hax, but rade is still playin, wtf?" and Id be like "yeah
but im uber like that" and then lexxuk could hump my leg all day
long and Id have pigeons shitting on my head. Yeah. Pwn. And
then in Neocron 2 when the irrata guys comes back to find the
earth a barren place and all life gone and they like dig up neocron
city they would find the statue and be like "wtf, who is this chick,
and why does she have a dick carved in her forehead?".

Yeah ok FINE Ill shut up and go to bed now.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 01:28
LOLOLOLOLOL

Rieper
02-02-04, 01:30
you know.. i'd vote for rade memorial..

Psyco Groupie
02-02-04, 01:36
interesting, uranus > pluto sign would be better ;)

Ghard
02-02-04, 01:43
how about a statue of rezza pissing on all the ppl in plazza 1

i like

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 04:11
I vote for Drom Memorial statue, a big statue of runners sexing droms. The memorial part comes in with a runner sexing a warbot off to the side...and the tragedy that ensued....

<cries>

metalangel
02-02-04, 04:36
Or a mural of a group of dead bodies being sexed by an APU and PPU.

In fact, make that the cover art for BDoY.

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 05:06
Neocron: Beyond the Dome of York

Come for the PvP, stay for the Drom Sex

Nightbrother
02-02-04, 10:06
Rough Drom Bumsexx = Red Drom, Red Drom..... *menacing look*

n3m
02-02-04, 13:44
Originally posted by Ghard
how about a statue of rezza pissing on all the ppl in plazza 1

i like
LOL

Superbron
02-02-04, 13:50
The Chinese? Huh? Wouldn't it be something like Typhella Memolial? Named after the city Typhella on Ilata? :D