PDA

View Full Version : Change the "boss" mobs and redo their loot

ZoneVortex
02-02-04, 00:47
My suggestion is to make "Boss" mobs, such as the flame queen thing in the chaos caves, the apparition in the tunnels, the Bat Queen in the crystal caves, and so on, make them more 'boss'.

As it is now it's nothing special to come up on one of these, especially the chaos queen who just blends in with the rest of the mass of mobs that spawns there.

How about in each dungeon after you clear all the normal mobs there, you have to actually zone into a boss fight place, or maybe not zone there but just go through a stretch with no other mobs that you're fighting at the time, just prepping for an incredibly hard boss fight.

Make the boss mob the strongest 120/120 that you'll fight. Give them more health, how about...triple their health or quadrouple it even. Make their attacks a little bit stronger, not a lot but enough to make it noticed. Give each boss mob a specialized kind of mob that they spawn, make them strong too.

Make their loot different than any other weapons out there. Right now batqueen imps are good, they're unique, no need to mess with them. Chaos Queen's spell is bullshit shitty and no better than any other fire spell out there. Make it, say, a special sort of AOE fire spell that spits out fire balls like she does, and while you're burning there's no way to be sheltered or deflectored unless they're already on you. You know, something unique like that that no other spell does.

You see, that might sound overpowered, but i'm talkin make these items really rare. Like, rare. RARE. The boss needs to be really strong, strong enough that it would really require an ENTIRE team to take her down. Make all traits required. Make it so that in order to get to the boss you have to HACK a door which takes 120 hack to get through. Then you have to be able to lure her with a ranged weapon of some sort. Then finish her off with the other members of the team, and the fight would not be any easy task even with a capped PPU or two there. That's how hard it needs to be.

As you know boss mobs mean nothing right now and I think it'd be really neat if they really were something special.

Ideas? Comments?

Psyco Groupie
02-02-04, 02:31
lets see what doy brings ...

but something should be spiced up somewhere

Rade
02-02-04, 02:33
Well, I donno how anyone could not like this but theres nothing
real new in your post.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 02:36
Zone i am with you. The bossmobs in this game are laughable atm.

I like the idea of zoning into a boss room. What I suggest is like a 40 foot drop and you zone when you're falling into the boss room.

To get back out you have to go up the stairs. I suggest this so you can't just zone away easily when you're getting pwnd. The boss mob should be super tough and drop real loot.

I think just like the mc5 base only drops mc5 parts, the boss mobs should only drop parts to specific rares.

Like a poison beam rare from the blood viper, etc.....

Valkyrie
02-02-04, 02:40
The apparition is quite hard, but apart from that they suck. I can solo them all apart from the apparition on my tank, and it shouldn't be that way.

Rade
02-02-04, 02:41
I like the whole zoning in places you in the middle of the air deal,
and to zone out you have to work your ass off, or maybe even kill
the boss first. This whole game has gone into zone-hop mode
and its horrendous.

ZoneVortex
02-02-04, 02:56
Originally posted by Rade
I like the whole zoning in places you in the middle of the air deal,
and to zone out you have to work your ass off, or maybe even kill
the boss first. This whole game has gone into zone-hop mode
and its horrendous.

yeah, sounds good to me

make some of em huge cavernous dark rooms or like a white, sparkling, green crystally echo chamber with green crystals and the batqueen sitting there spitting green acid at you while you run around hiding behind earthly formations or something

Richard Blade
02-02-04, 03:07
I voted no, but not because it isn't a good idea. I kinda like it.

I think the problem, why you want to increase the difficulty, is that capped or near capped characters can easily destroy most of the boss mobs in this game. If not one on one, then absolutely as a group.

The thing is, if you bump up their power and such, then you will only see capped characters in there.
Lower level (still viable) characters who could kill it now, won't be able to scratch it with your idea. Part of the reason the caves are like they are now is because people are supposed to be leveling in there.

Someone posted about making caves based on rank / level of difficulty.

Capped and near capped characters need a cave where they can earn things other than xp and cash. And, it should be difficult like you've mentioned.

Basically, content that isn't based on the leveling treadmill.

Otherwise, some very nice ideas in what you propose.

Rade
02-02-04, 03:10
There should simply be several dungeons, some geared towards
noobs and with boss mobs giving cool noob gear. And some
geared towards groups of capped players that arent there for
the exp but for the excitement and the gear reward.

geared gear geared gear. Sheesh that got confusing.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 03:11
Originally posted by Rade
There should simply be several dungeons, some geared towards
noobs and with boss mobs giving cool noob gear. And some
geared towards groups of capped players that arent there for
the exp but for the excitement and the gear reward.

geared gear geared gear. Sheesh that got confusing.

Exactly. Problem solved.

Clyde
02-02-04, 03:14
i feel ya 150%. I think we might be looking at the mob's ranking going above 120/120. Boss mobs should be

A) Hard as fuck to fight with 5+ people
B) Cannot be soloed
C) Drop some very nice loot but very rarely
D) Takes forever to droppem
E) Has a slow spawning time like lets say 2 per hr
F) Hard as FUCK to fight with 5+ people

thats what makes a boss

Richard Blade
02-02-04, 04:20
@Rade
Thank you for saying that with less words than I did. :D
I always have a problem doing that.

If they implemented those boss changes and "can't leave until finished" ideas along with a "beginner, novice, amateur, professional, uber capped" level of dfficulty, I think things would be a lot more fun.

Mob placement and difficulty in the wastelands is sort of a mess.
Newbies can go out of the gates of Neocron and fight wolves, spiders etc. Then they walk a zone over and get killed by Y-Replicant's. But, most people just level in Aggies until they can kill Launchers and then head to the Milbase. Then, it's off to warbot schooling.

If the wastes were redesigned a little, giving concentric rings around the various population centers for level of difficulty.
Easy stuff near, hardest stuff far. Where the rings overlap, the really hard boss mob caves would be. I hope that made sense.

g0rt
02-02-04, 04:24
anything to add more challange to the otherwise insanely BORING pvm in this game.

5stars