PDA

View Full Version : Glider pics?

Mr. Chainsaw
01-02-04, 23:12
I haven't ever seen a glider, bomber, or hovercarrier in game yet. Can anyone post a couple pics of these things, I want to see how they look...preferably next to a runner :P

msdong
01-02-04, 23:28
glider

http://neocron.msdong.de/images/vhc/glider.jpg

tere are a few of them some with a second seat for a gunner/bomber. maybe i have a troopcarrier somewhere.

http://neocron.msdong.de/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_shot0005.jpg

and a bomber.

the trooper have a box in the middle.http://neocron.msdong.de/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_shot0008.jpg

Mr. Chainsaw
01-02-04, 23:32
Wow, that's alot different than I expected....not that that's a bad thing. How high up can those things fly?

msdong
01-02-04, 23:35
dont mind the look. they are FAST and cool.

the last time i try you can crash on the top sky box :)

the bombers are a little difficult to fly and the gliders need some practice to take off but they are worth a try

Judge
01-02-04, 23:51
They fucking rock.... and can fly pretty damn high.

The bombers will do so much cool shit for OP wars its not even funny.... Having dogfights over OPs and trying to take down the bombers will be awesome :D

Mr. Chainsaw
01-02-04, 23:55
I'll assume that only spys can fly the most advanced flyers? How do you find the protection during combat, do you get sniped out of the sky or can you pull off some nasty stuff?

metalangel
01-02-04, 23:59
Wow... the glider looks RUBBISH. Like a frickin' ultralight! Like... one of those 19th century French gliders! Gah!

The bomber, though, looks damn cool, I want one :D

I dunno, when I hear 'glider' I always immediately think of a proper sailplane...

msdong
02-02-04, 00:08
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
I'll assume that only spys can fly the most advanced flyers? How do you find the protection during combat, do you get sniped out of the sky or can you pull off some nasty stuff?

they are for spy / PE right now. for the attack versions of the glider you need a STR powerd spy or int boosted PE.

hmm, the sniping out of the seat thing - maybe - when you fly high with the recent monk range nerf you are save.

the anti air missiles are a little worse here. absolutely cool when you have 2 missiles on you tail and speed up so they dont catch you.

bobers and trooperes are spy only 10x INT with even VHC and a MG gunner and a Bomber they are not THAT MUCH USEFULL right now but they are cool for turret blasting and underground exit camping.

Strieder
02-02-04, 00:15
What is the current vehicle req on the glider... may make my constr a pilot o_O :D

msdong
02-02-04, 00:20
try a search on the testserver forum ... if you can drive a trike you can do a glider.

the unarmed version need only INT and VHC the others INT,STR,H-C,VHC

Furion
02-02-04, 01:20
the only keys i have left is the advanced assault gliders, which need 90 int, 96 vhc, 79 HC (not sure on this) and 45 STR.
but most of em have decent reqs.

Lathuc
02-02-04, 01:27
your right on the advanced assault but at the moment its unflyable since you can't steer :wtf: the scout has something like 77int and 88vhc but im not sure

edit: almost forgot to say that the gliders have pisspoor hlt and they have colision damage and tend to explode when you make them apear from the asg. this is the current stat on the test server but they prolly will fix that with doy

Cytaur
02-02-04, 09:18
right now assault (rocket) gliders are useless, since engine doesnt render fast enough, so when you attack a stationary ground target, it's nearly impossible to do it on the fly. Because engine doesn't render the target (which was jeep) far enough. When it's in sight, it's too late to lock in, because when you're ready to fire, the glider is way beyond the target. Only way to do is it to either 1) fly low or 2) slow down when target renders. Number 1 will most likely cause you to crash and number 2, if targeting the jeep for example, it will r-ape you with its 30mm. Hopefuly with DoY feature list mentioning engine update, the rendering distance would be greatly improved.

Great thing about gliders is paradropping. Haven't tried carrier because when I was able to play on test server, the keys for the carrier/bomber were deleted, and only few people who had them registered still had them (but only very few). So I took an advanced scout (pilot / tail gunner) with a Tank in my back. We flew above Jeriko at very high altitude (you could barely see the ground) and he paradropped (ejected from the seat). With current non-working fall damage, tank had successfuly landed in the middle of the op. Now imagine the same situation in an op fight and tanks being dropped not from the Adv. Scout but 2 full carriers !

msdong
02-02-04, 10:04
Originally posted by Cytaur
...Great thing about gliders is paradropping. ...... Now imagine the same situation in an op fight and tanks being dropped not from the Adv. Scout but 2 full carriers !

NC goes PS. you cant put enough stunturrets in an outpost to stop someone from droppin in :D

PS. wordfilter ****

Logan_storm_03
02-02-04, 20:34
i think they will ad a new really cool dimention to OP wars and hunting

Logan_storm_03
02-02-04, 20:36
also i would like to know if it is worth while using the test server? coz im thinking about it and wonder what it is like?