PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom of Ceres Skills...

Mr. Chainsaw
01-02-04, 22:49
Hi all, I just got back from my weekend trip and finally got to read the list. I searched all over the forums for the answer but couldn't find it, so I hope someone can clear this feature up for me.

When you get levels in the Wisdom of Ceres, are these simply additional skill points to spend in subskills (so a tank with 100 strength gets another 5 points to spend in one of its four subskill, but doesn't actually go to 101 strenght), or are new abilities aquired instead, like the ability to breath underwater or something (obviously that's just an example)?

Shadow Dancer
01-02-04, 22:53
I also have a question, is it just primary stats or secondary as well?

I hope it's just primary. I'd hate to see only 2-3 monks per server acquiring extra points for int. :rolleyes:

Drake6k
01-02-04, 22:54
Raising the actually stat higher (like 101 str on a tank) would really unbalance the game. All guns are reachable by the classes that should be using them already. Skills would make more sense. Like getting another few heavy combat or whatever. Who knows maybe it'll open new skills. Like letting people use two pistols at once :D or maybe a antibuff for another class. Something like that.

Opar
01-02-04, 22:54
Boost monk INT XP gain.

Period.

Organics
01-02-04, 22:55
It sounded like secondary to me, gaining extra skill points for the subskill, but not actually increasing the primary skill stat.

Dunno tho :D

Judge
01-02-04, 22:56
Nobody except the Devs know.... we are all waiting expectantly for the "Devs peek" feature that should be coming soon :)

Shadow Dancer
01-02-04, 22:57
Originally posted by Organics
It sounded like secondary to me, gaining extra skill points for the subskill, but not actually increasing the primary skill stat.

Dunno tho :D

When I said secondary, i was referring to the main stats. You know, INT for spies and monks, con for tanks, etc...

Mr. Chainsaw
01-02-04, 22:58
I'm also wondering if you can gain additional points without actual levels in a skill, what kind of ceiling there is for that. Could a character use such things to completely cap their skills, even if they could never hit 100 in whatever skill it was?

For instance, would it mean that there's a bunch of tanks running around with gigantic weapon lore :P

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 23:48
I don't think the xp you gain actually goes to any of your "normal" stats from the sound of it...because you have to find this object and take it to someone who can train you...it sounds like it will go directly to these WoC skills or sit there useless...and then it will open up new items accordingly that are only useable when you have these skills...should be interesting to see what I can do with my PE after all this...hehe :D

deac
01-02-04, 23:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
When I said secondary, i was referring to the main stats. You know, INT for spies and monks, con for tanks, etc...

int is main stat for spys i think :\ since when you create the spy you get the most points in int or aim i wrong?

El_MUERkO
01-02-04, 23:55
We'll hopefully learn more in one of the RPG vault things.

retr0n
01-02-04, 23:57
What i want to know is: Can we lom Wisdom of Ceres Skills :D

//Radium

Omnituens
02-02-04, 00:00
i have PM'ed MJS himself about a few thing, i mentioned about the definition of 'capped' runners (is it primary stat or all?)

if i get a reply before it is posted here i'll let you know.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 01:53
Nice sig omni.

Wisdom of ceres skills sounds very interesting. But why do I feel like it'll bring a whole host of new balance issues.

:(

Zeph0n
02-02-04, 02:53
they sound more like special abilities rather then a few extra skill points to a stat. And id imagine theyd be hard as hell to get and you actually need to work your ass off to do so. I think Martin said tools and stuff too in the list.

Rade
02-02-04, 02:59
WoC skills is one of the things that im most psyched up about
(except hacknet that is. bah drooled on my pants again... wait a
second, thats not droo...). Finally me and my capped char has an
incentive to go do something in this game, hopefully itll take
some effort to cap out WoC skills so we got fake content for a
few more months.

WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

Hopefully theres some choices involved so that not all tanks have
the exact same super rare WoC prereq weapon etc. So that
instead you have to chose between "feats" or whatever that
allow certain things and you wont be able to afford them all. Or
something like that.

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 03:25
Yea hopefully theres multiple things to chose from and they are all useful so people have different ceres skills so after a few more months not all tanks are the same damn thing again.

hinch
02-02-04, 03:28
reminds me of something

now just lemmie think

hrmp

*cough* hrmp *cough* jedi *cough*

Rade
02-02-04, 03:28
Yeah, Im afraid that its just gonna be another oppurtunity for
someone to get some weapon first then call brag about it and call
everyone else cookie-cutters. What? Me? No Ive never done that,
hush.

Shadow Dancer
02-02-04, 03:29
Hopefully they'll make all the skills/weapons/tools equally useful and viable.

what?

Rade
02-02-04, 03:38
aww SD thats just mean....

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 04:04
You know, I've been thinking purely along fighting lines, but will these skills have things for tradeskillers? Researchers who can BP rares? Constructors who can guarantee a certain number of slots? Implanters who can....implant....better....errr, yeah.

Rade
02-02-04, 04:06
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
You know, I've been thinking purely along fighting lines, but will these skills have things for tradeskillers? Researchers who can BP rares? Constructors who can guarantee a certain number of slots? Implanters who can....implant....better....errr, yeah.

Í think thats pretty much obvious, tools were mentioned in the
plan fiels and the way hacknet is described Id guess theres ALOT
of WoC hack stuff.

g0rt
02-02-04, 04:06
Originally posted by Opar
Boost monk INT XP gain.

Period.

Ya we aren't all lucky enough to have that "uber" 100 int that so many people "worked" so hard to get to. *cough*

*cough*

*hack*

*wheez*

*dies*

On topic tho...

If you're bouncing off capped xp (like 172.xx mill) does that mean once doy comes out I can just go kill one mob and ill have a WoC skill? :D

Judge
02-02-04, 18:27
No MJS said that you would have to find a certain artifact and trainer to train you in the appointed skill. I think :)

Doc Holliday
02-02-04, 18:38
cant wait for the next batch of nerf the WoC skills/guns/tools.