PDA

View Full Version : Unnerf Chaos Queen range!

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 19:45
The CQFA's great (250m+) range was what made it superior to the non-LoS Fire Beam, despite it being LoS and mob-dropped.

The SLIGHTLY better stats of the CQFA can't compete with a Fire Beam now with the absolutely gimped range.

So I beseech thee, KK, to unnerf the noble and beautiful Chaos Queen FlameAvalanche!

Omnituens
01-02-04, 20:21
why did they nerf it? it is the best looking spell in the game :(

Sefran
01-02-04, 20:24
And again i failed to see this in any patch note :mad: , there nerfing withou telling lame shit..or are it ''not ment changes again''

QuantumDelta
01-02-04, 21:10
Originally posted by Sefran
And again i failed to see this in any patch note :mad: , there nerfing withou telling lame shit..or are it ''not ment changes again'' It's range was most likely nerfed in proportion with the beam spells.
Halos need similiar treatment (and para's to be fixed on the same note).

Oh, and technically, that's a really very biased poll you put up there, as usual.

Sefran
01-02-04, 21:15
I kinda liked the avalanche cause it was like the only thing with range , oh well suppose they wanne make apu's range very short oh well....its logical somewhere.

Organics
01-02-04, 21:56
Logical? :D

Maybe if we had tons of HP :D

But since we don't, we kinda need the range left as it was. Not to be nerfed almost in half in some cases.

:)

Btw, was there any indication in the Patch 195 notes that range for APU spells (maybe PPU too, dunno) were going to be nerfed?

I couldn't spot any myself.

QuantumDelta
01-02-04, 22:03
Originally posted by Sefran
I kinda liked the avalanche cause it was like the only thing with range , oh well suppose they wanne make apu's range very short oh well....its logical somewhere. It was done because APUs were returning sniper fire when snipers were close to the clipping distance.
Of course since most snipers are spies it meant that their main advantage was completely nullified by the clipping distance, therefore KK made it that snipers have the longest range and reduced APU range.

edit;
This wasn't a recent patches adjustment.

Also, I suggested APUs should be allow a NON-RUNCASTABLE TL 3 Heal as compensation for the nerf, it would not effect PvP but would be handy in PvM.

Organics
01-02-04, 22:08
Fair enough reducing range like that, I agree, APU's should not have the range of a Sniper Rifle. But I think the range decrease was much too heavy handed, we need at least SOME range to avoid being pounded to death, and atm I have to get pretty darned close with my Psi Attack 2 to hit something, whereas before I could be a reasonable range away, but not a stupid range where I couldn't be hit back.

Don't really know it affects PvP as I haven't done much yet, but for PvM the range nerf hurts quite alot.

All very well for people to say blabla you have ultra damage, but it only takes a few shots to be dead when you're a weak character.

(edit: agree about the heal, would be handy and save having to go Hybrid like I'm considering atm)

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 22:14
Fair enough you can always hide from it since there is LOS.

It gives it a unique reason to have it fire beam has its place in a battle and chaos has its own unique place. You see a chaos spell coming for you run behind a tree.

Shadow Dancer
01-02-04, 22:22
Personally I don't care because fire spells are crap.

I say make the chaos queen unique in another way, but not range.

Organics
01-02-04, 22:27
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Fair enough you can always hide from it since there is LOS.

It gives it a unique reason to have it fire beam has its place in a battle and chaos has its own unique place. You see a chaos spell coming for you run behind a tree.

Yeah that'll work when the nearest hill/dip is 1 screen away and you have elecrocution on you (or just a bad leg hit) and there are no trees.

Needed the range decrease, just not so heavily.

Birkoff
01-02-04, 22:37
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Oh, and technically, that's a really very biased poll you put up there, as usual.

Same as 99% of polls on this forum :rolleyes:

I said unNERF it, but the tonly time i see it used is to push deadppl in to walls etc. :-/