PDA

View Full Version : Change Punisher!

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 18:59
I've come to the opinion that maybe Punisher isn't really all what it could be...

So I had this idea...

Why not change what the Punisher shoots?

I propose that the Punisher shoot artillery shells like the Artillery Turrets and Hoverbombers! Pure XRay AoE with DoT. Nothing but painful pleasure! This would make for a dramatic difference, since essentially all drone damage is either pure pierce or pure energy.

What do you guys think (droners especially)?

shodanjr_gr
01-02-04, 19:02
Well. Pure X-Ray. AoE. DoT.

Hm.....

Overpowered??

nonamebrandeggs
01-02-04, 19:02
That would make OP battles sexy and would give spys an advantage over them. I like :D.

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 19:06
shodan, you know that AoE is weaker than direct damage? Its only advantageous because you do more damage for less ammo when you're dealing with groups with AoE than direct damage.

another thing is that DoT lessens the total damage because resists would be kicking in each tick. Its only really good because of the shuddering effect as pain wracks your body (and the fucking rockass cool blue radioactive sparklies)

pure xray, fucking hell yes. as i said, drones atm do either pure peirce or pure energy. lets shake it up! Its a TL 120 drone, dammit.

amfest
01-02-04, 19:10
especially if if makes those electric shot sounds .. and says DIE in that electrical robot voice .. lol. Was fighting a hovereye yesterday and for the first time I heard it say that -_-

sounds good But I think drones all around would be better if they gave a chance for slots . but instead of a slot actually appearing .. the stats would be increased over the normal construction cap . .so in the end a 5 slot chance would give you max build stats on a drone . . . and then people will be saying nerf the drones!

craio
01-02-04, 19:12
No matter how damage changes as long as its that slow,can only gain its current altitude it wont be usefull in PvP anyway.

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 19:19
well as an artillery drone, it'd just have to point upwards to fire the shells when its close to the ground... or it could ground-hug a hill/cliff/building and fire over the edges... lots of strategic fun!

Omnituens
01-02-04, 20:12
great idea!
rated.

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 03:09
Isnt it TL 122??

Heavyporker
02-02-04, 22:19
I think its TL120...

Cyphor
02-02-04, 22:20
its tl 122

edit: and id like it as long as the stack has good dmg pvm as the punisher is the main lvling droner for high lvls, change it so its not as good and the next aew drone is tl 90. Imo the punisher isnt too bad atm, not everything needs to be for pvp.

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 22:21
its tl 122. :o

Lethys
02-02-04, 22:22
How about flamer drone?

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 22:28
How about we leave drones as they are for the mean time?

Weve just had 2 new ones. Lets see melee get some loving now shall we?

Jest
02-02-04, 22:32
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
How about we leave drones as they are for the mean time?

Weve just had 2 new ones. Lets see melee get some loving now shall we? Agreed, we need a melee drone. :lol:

Strych9
02-02-04, 22:36
A ramming drone?

Slap a big knife on the front of it, and fly it into someone.

MELEE DRONE

amfest
02-02-04, 22:40
lol melee drone . . . it'll be like the mechturtle
Or something with two spinning blades vertically put on the sides of the drone . . would look cool with it animated constanly

Marx
02-02-04, 22:41
Originally posted by amfest
lol melee drone . . . it'll be like the mechturtle
Or something with two spinning blades vertically put on the sides of the drone . . would look cool with it animated constanly

Use the cyberbeetle toon. It's just a drone with a circular saw head at the front.

amfest
02-02-04, 22:56
yea but that doesn't look very cool . . lol . . . would fight those at newbie mc5 . . . how about a drone that looks like those 3 lil flying machines grouped together at newbie mc5 . . they shoot some sort of energy attack that homes in . .. but how about making it where they slowly move close together then back out . and there is ahitbox around each one . .its all still the same drone combined together .. so it only has one armor .. the idea is take 1 out and the others can't function so they all blow up . . ummm okay maybe getting off topic :p